39 minutes ago, Brain-O said:

Any hope of someone finishing it?

Doubtful

Someone

already

did

1 hour ago, Brain-O said:

Any hope of someone finishing it?

Half a million dollars for a bunch of aluminum that's been tack welded together?

Maybe if it's old Zimbabwe dollars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eastern motors said:

A missionary that can afford a 95ft boat?  Is he a Falwell?

Seems like he couldn't, actually...

2 hours ago, eastern motors said:

A missionary that can afford a 95ft boat?  Is he a Falwell?

Maybe it's not physical health, it's financial health that's causing the stop in work.

That is really far from the open ocean!  Bring a big ass trailer and be prepared to go over a mountain pass with it.  

It is in Clarkston, WA on the Snake River which is navigable to the Pacific Ocean from that location.

The designer is M. Kasten which is good.

I can't see the other images as You have to sign up & I'm not gonna. Too bad, I'd like to see them. Can someone easily show them here?

2 hours ago, SeattleB said:

That is really far from the open ocean!  Bring a big ass trailer and be prepared to go over a mountain pass with it.  

Mountains in IL??  

6 hours ago, Autonomous said:

I can't see the other images as You have to sign up & I'm not gonna. Too bad, I'd like to see them. Can someone easily show them here?

It so happens I have an account from work.  There’s not a whole lot more to be seen, other than a few interior shots.  Most of the 50 slides are just descriptions of possible uses/layout walkthrough/rigging spec/interior finish spec/etc and a bunch of very early wireframe computer models.  Seems like reasonably quality fabrication work from just a quick look.  Still probably worth a small fraction of what has been spent, unfortunately.

47AECF4A-F480-4033-A190-C09EBD92C914.thumb.jpeg.1e9f8bd773a39f678c6cfbd1372cdcd8.jpeg

A9DEB899-C6BF-4845-9493-F9C6224C23E8.thumb.jpeg.40f4bf41e0323eb78fba2e9ac4a9d261.jpegFDBED5CA-842E-4CD2-A8FC-DF697F80DA92.thumb.jpeg.1b94515d452f51d23529dc4fc77de6ba.jpegD8DA95D1-C6B1-4DED-A44A-4D7BC6C693B3.thumb.jpeg.5530ea8317c01e90647e98163ee164d0.jpeg

16 hours ago, SeattleB said:

Its in Washington State

Nope...  ;)

originally designed by Nils Lucander, Marine & Yacht Design,TacomaWA 98407, Design #303.

Year Length Beam Draft Location Price

201 74' 22' 6' Illinois $125,000

6 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Nope...  ;)

originally designed by Nils Lucander, Marine & Yacht Design,TacomaWA 98407, Design #303.

Year Length Beam Draft Location Price

201 74' 22' 6' Illinois $125,000

You guys are talking about two different boats. There's the 96" project in Washington and the 74' project in Illinois. The OP refers to the 96" boat in Washington. Of course in English usually a referent refers to the nearest appropriate reference, but good luck figuring out what that i in this thread :).

11 minutes ago, JohnMB said:

You guys are talking about two different boats. There's the 96" project in Washington and the 74' project in Illinois. The OP refers to the 96" boat in Washington. Of course in English usually a referent refers to the nearest appropriate reference, but good luck figuring out what that i in this thread :).

What R the odds ???  :)  Still, if it was in Washington state, What mountains??  Just dump er in there...  

The boat is just a couple blocks away from the Snake River. Easy trip down the Snake into the Columbia and out to the Ocean. 4 days?

well designed it would seem and the construction to date based on the photos looks like it's been well done but that boat is at best 30% complete. looking at several million easy to go from where she's at now to sailing. hell just the engine/prop, rigs and sails alone you're looking at near a million.   as an aside I've never understood why designers will draw these big boats with bullshit small cockpits. 

shite , need to register just to see the pics ...

fok that.

For the amount of money that thing would have cost he could have shipped a massive amounts of cargo to these needy countries he was "helping".

21 hours ago, Brain-O said:

The boat is just a couple blocks away from the Snake River. Easy trip down the Snake into the Columbia and out to the Ocean. 4 days?

yeah after you fork over a few hundred thousand to have it finish being being welded up and another hundredish thousand for an engine, prop shaft and have it all installed. 

6 hours ago, frozenhawaiian said:

as an aside I've never understood why designers will draw these big boats with bullshit small cockpits. 

No one that charters/cruises the thing wants to be in the weather...  Rather utilize the space for the 3rd Movie theater and the full on weight room with 2 tons of free weights...  

4 hours ago, SeattleB said:

For the amount of money that thing would have cost he could have shipped a massive amounts of cargo to these needy countries he was "helping".

How dare he.

4 hours ago, frozenhawaiian said:

yeah after you fork over a few hundred thousand to have it finish being being welded up and another hundredish thousand for an engine, prop shaft and have it all installed. 

A) It's gotta be done somewhere. Rent is likely lower there than other choices such as Portland-Vancouver.

B) Put it on a barge

Personally I'd at least have the welding finished before transporting it.

10 hours ago, frozenhawaiian said:

well designed it would seem and the construction to date based on the photos looks like it's been well done but that boat is at best 30% complete. looking at several million easy to go from where she's at now to sailing. hell just the engine/prop, rigs and sails alone you're looking at near a million.   as an aside I've never understood why designers will draw these big boats with bullshit small cockpits. 

100er are expensive to build! 

Why not meander down the annual running costs...

This situation would save the right owner 1-2 years of design time

21 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Running costs are for little people.

Just gotta founder  your own church with tax free status enlist some morons and pooruns to tithe and you too can can run around spreading the word about how nice it is to be sailing a 96ftr. It’s not like those greedy heathen motherfuckers with their G 5’s , heaven forbid!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

You sound jealous.

Not at all, I know it’s gonna cost a shit ton of money to get that yacht in the water.

It’s well built appears well designed but 3 rigs with slab reefed Mains?

Roller furling booms would be better and more manageable and we haven’t discussed the cost of a hydraulic Furler on the headsail
Rigs and sails alone I would guess at closer to 1.5-2 mill plus finish the hull and engine.

Used to captain boats for people with way too much money for their own good.

Quite happy with my own 40 ft.

I am deeply cynical of the charades labelled religion in many parts of the world run by lying cheating hypocrites, does the name Falwell ring any bells?

Nice boat. I think most likely it would take a 'charitable org' to finish her and spread the word (whatever that is).

My question is: How much $$ is too much $$ for your own good?

The last $5 that got you that DWI or, the custom 90' w/ canting keel that your wife gave you for Father's Day..

Sail Safe!

11 minutes ago, SailRacer said:

My question is: How much $$ is too much $$ for your own good?

When you have enough money that you have taken care of all your needs and requirements and long term financial security anything extra is usually invested The sizeable return or interest generated becomes play dough or is reinvested. Remember don’t touch the principal.

29 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Not at all, I know it’s gonna cost a shit ton of money to get that yacht in the water.

Roller furling booms would be better and more manageable and we haven’t discussed the cost of a hydraulic Furler on the headsail
Rigs and sails alone I would guess at closer to 1.5-2 mill plus finish the hull and engine.

I am deeply cynical of the charades labelled religion in many parts of the world run by lying cheating hypocrites, does the name Falwell ring any bells?

There are a lot of christian and other charities that quietly do good work. We only hear about the charlatans. 

The owner has been doing missionary and relief work for 20 years. Before you judge him and the others you would do well to investigate their individual work before you condemn them. 

I don't care for spreading religion but if it is the catalyst for helping needy people it may be worth it.

4 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

There are a lot of christian and other charities that quietly do good work. We only hear about the charlatans. 

The owner has been doing missionary and relief work for 20 years. Before you judge him and the others you would do well to investigate their individual work before you condemn them. 

I don't care for spreading religion but if it is the catalyst for helping needy people it may be worth it.

Most missionary work has done nothing but spread misery and destroy local culture.  All in the name of educating the heathens. 

• Like 1

Funny when something like this pops up on SA.  This is literally just down the way from me.  I think I know the building where it has been hiding.   

That said ... it will need to be trucked a few hundred yards ... where it will take a BIG (well stabilized) crane to lift it into the water.  From there you have another problem.   The only marina's in the area are regularly silted in.   Commercial piers with depth are very few.   Can't imagine they would want a half built floating church taking up valuable space.    Of course you could launch it and have it towed downstream to Portland.   Can't even imagine what that would cost ....

There is a certain irony to this project.  The Clarkston/Lewiston area is home to a robust aluminum boat building industry.   There are a lot of skilled welders in the area.   I sense it will take a good number of them to get this puppy sailing! 

• Like 1

Jerry Falwell Jr is going to buy this project with just a fraction of the $10 million 'golden parachute' that he will get from Liberty University. Then he will start a LGBTQ hostel charter missionary non-profit with his wife and the poolboys that serve his cuckold propensities. Oh look, here is one of the fine students of Liberty University being welcomed by Becki to the new venture!

Benjamin Crosswhite and his wife

Praise Be!

Watch your back son...

Another 'Pool Guy'? Falwell Jr's Personal Trainer Scored $2M From Liberty U To Buy A Gym

Falwell's Pool Boy Says, He 'Had Sex 7-Years With Falwell's Wife And Falwell  Watched'

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shaggy said:

No one that charters/cruises the thing wants to be in the weather...  Rather utilize the space for the 3rd Movie theater and the full on weight room with 2 tons of free weights...  

as someone who owns and operates a charter boat of my own and worked in the yachting industry for a number of years I can tell you that statement is 100% bullshit. 

8 hours ago, Liquid said:

kind of my whole point. yes for the right owner this would save them a lot of time and money but even with the "savings" as the boat sits you're probably looking at another 3-4 million at a minimum to be sailing. that said 4.5-5 million is a damn good deal to have a new 96ft sailing yacht. 

12 hours ago, frozenhawaiian said:

as someone who owns and operates a charter boat of my own and worked in the yachting industry for a number of years I can tell you that statement is 100% bullshit. 

Should have used purple font...  My bad, Cary on...  

On 9/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, Navig8tor said:

I agree in boom furling and hydraulic winches and furlers would make life a lot easier but would drive cost up considerably. my guess is that the boat has 3 masts to keep the square footage of each sail down to a manageable size in lieu of shit like in boom or in mast furling and electric or hydraulic winches. 

9 hours ago, frozenhawaiian said:

I agree in boom furling and hydraulic winches and furlers would make life a lot easier but would drive cost up considerably. my guess is that the boat has 3 masts to keep the square footage of each sail down to a manageable size in lieu of shit like in boom or in mast furling and electric or hydraulic winches. 

You think this thing is designed with all manual winches?  The masts appear to be ~90ft tall and no pedastals in sight.  Good luck even raising a sail.

23 hours ago, eastern motors said:

You think this thing is designed with all manual winches?  The masts appear to be ~90ft tall and no pedastals in sight.  Good luck even raising a sail.

depending on where the original owner decided to save pennies yes manual winches could be in her design brief. and no way each of those masts are 90ft, 80ft at best, and the point of multiple masts and more sails is that each mast can be shorter and each sail smaller to make the overall sailplan more manageable. with a good batten car system, good masthead sheaves and 2:1 haylards yes would could get those sails up and down without powered winches. it would be slow and a pain in the ass but certainly doable.