Irish River

Trump brand takes a hit

That sign was a huge part of why it failed.

The name is poison here.

Nothing says I’ve stiffed the multitudes to build this monument to me quite like it.

That's actually a very good looking building. Designed by Arthur Ericson - his last IIRC. Probably leaks though.

Remember those old charity "Smash a car with a sledgehammer" fundraisers?

The hotel creditors could make a tidy sum doing that with the sign - each letter is nearly is nearly the size of a small car. There would be a big crowd for that event.

38 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The hotel creditors could make a tidy sum doing that with the sign - each letter is nearly is nearly the size of a small car. There would be a big crowd for that event.

Great idea. To make it a family-friendly event, you'd need some large fat Trump-faced pinatas for the kiddies to smash.  A few stalls selling toilet paper with a Trump face on every sheet. And for the ladies: a discreet but tasteful little bathroom container for disposing of used feminine sanitary products......with Ivanka's face on the bottom of the bucket.

Get Justin to open the show. He could do 10 pushups and correctly pronounce several 3-syllable words and names of foreign countries.

It would get world-wide TV coverage with massive ratings. Crowds of happy laughing Canadians despising Trump. 

But be warned: If the fuckwit somehow wins a second term, his revenge will be terrible. Tariffs, a wall, and he will call your entire nation very nasty people. Beware...

Imagine if Trump had actually built a hotel in Moscow, no freaking way he'd be able to stiff anyone involved!

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

That's actually a very good looking building. Designed by Arthur Ericson - his last IIRC. Probably leaks though.

I've worked on several Ericson designed homes, all had water features when it rained.  For a home worth multiple millions you would think keeping rain where it belongs is required.  He was also famous for not providing any space for mechanical systems.  My grandfather was his mech engineer on the SFU quadrangle, I was told it was a challenge. 

Looks like Trump just was a licensee. 

43 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Looks like Trump just was a licensee. 

Yep.  The owners needed a management company.

IIRC they paid $10,000,000 for the use of the name.

8 hours ago, hobot said:

Imagine if Trump had actually built a hotel in Moscow, no freaking way he'd be able to stiff anyone involved!

Yea, they'd all share in the graft.