Fakenews

What if China gets a vaccine first?

I don't care if Radical Islam Terrorists develop a vaccine, I will celebrate it's development no matter who.  

Trump?  He'll insist on steep Tariffs.  

Somewhat related, check out the piece on Freakonomics from the weekend on vaccines.

https://freakonomics.com/podcast/vaccine/

Abstract: $50B would get you the core vaccines and core processes to handle the next pandemics with a high likelihood of success. As they say, there will be a SARS-3

How much is the US in the hole? $4T in direct costs, but say a 15% GDP decline this year?

Biden better be on this.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It’s more than possible maybe even likely.

Interesting piece from Politico.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/31/china-covid-19-vaccine-first-401636

What makes you think they didn’t have it before they released the virus 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Who really cares who "got it first"? as long as it becomes available to all.

This really shouldn't be about big pharma making mega-bucks. This is about the health, and welfare of the whole population of the planet.

5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Who really cares who "got it first"? as long as it becomes available to all.

This really shouldn't be about big pharma making mega-bucks. This is about the health, and welfare of the whole population of the planet.

I just care that it works......

10 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Who really cares who "got it first"?

Did you read the article?  Lots of geopolitical ramifications and we’d likely get it last.  
Rightfully so.

14 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Did you read the article?  Lots of geopolitical ramifications and we’d likely get it last.  
Rightfully so.

Getting it last is the art of the deal....

One of the leading Chinese companies is CanSino which is actually a Canadian/Chinese company. The principals in the company are Canadian Chinese but they are doing the development in China. Don't know what happens if their virus is successful.

Just now, Bristol-Cruiser said:

One of the leading Chinese companies is CanSino which is actually a Canadian/Chinese company. The principals in the company are Canadian Chinese but they are doing the development in China. Don't know what happens if their virus is successful.

More Canadians in China get arrested for spying?

They only arrest non-Chinese Canadians - so far at least.

• Like 1

ohhhhhhhh

https://globalnews.ca/news/7303586/canadas-top-doctor-optimistic-after-canada-china-vaccine-partnership-collapses/

"In the aftermath of the collapse of a multimillion-dollar coronavirus vaccine collaboration between Canada and China, Canada’s chief public health officer says she is optimistic about advance purchase deals made recently with the American producers of two front-running vaccine candidates.

This week Canada’s National Research Council (NRC) announced it has abandoned its partnership with Chinese company CanSino Biologics because China’s government continues to block shipments of vaccine materials to Canada. If Canada had received CanSino’s vaccine this summer and confirmed its safety and effectiveness in testing, Canadians would have been front-of-line for a guaranteed supply of the vaccine, produced in NRC facilities.

But Canadian scientists and a former Canadian official responsible for vaccine collaborations with China told Global News it appears Chinese officials have blocked CanSino material because of Beijing’s geopolitical objectives."

8 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

What's. Chinese for "Fuck you, I got mine".

Walmart.

5 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Chinese are ripping of the Kanu is too?  

“操你,我有我的”

3 hours ago, Mid said:

“操你,我有我的

Very good, useful to know as the world evolves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rok Dog said:

Chinese are ripping of the Kanu is too?  

I put this in Google Translate to see what it meant in English but no luck.

16 hours ago, Fakenews said:

It’s more than possible maybe even likely.

Interesting piece from Politico.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/31/china-covid-19-vaccine-first-401636

It's already been established the virus has morphed.  And it's reasonable to expect it to continue doing so.  It's in the same family as the common cold and look how long we've been trying to eradicate that.  The only hope for eradicating the virus is probably long gone.  It had to happen the moment it was recognized.

Now that it's global, our best bet is to slow the spread so the medical community is able to properly treat it.  But I'm afraid the failure of leadership has stuck us with this virus until such a time as we can develop a vaccine that morphs right along with the virus. 

11 hours ago, Keith said:

Chinese officials have blocked CanSino material because of Beijing’s geopolitical objectives."

Translation: North America gets nothing, and is last in line.

1 hour ago, ModernViking said:

I don't think they care.
If these numbers have any truth in them, something is rotten.....

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china

The only way they can have a vaccine this soon is to skip trials. And it's possible they've done that, but they'll have to be very very lucky to have come up with as widely effective a vaccine without full scientific trials at multiple levels.

Each stage of a trial requires biological / physiological processes to play out, so there is no way to shorten the duration of it.

I suspect that China's numbers are at least slighlty cooked AND the result of vigorously enforced isolation. I also would not be surprised if they forced the vaccine development along idealogical lines, it's a weakness of authoritarian regimes. The Soviets had this problem in spades, politics trumping science, and paid for it big time.

- DSK

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I don't care if Radical Islam Terrorists develop a vaccine, I will celebrate it's development no matter who.  

Trump?  He'll insist on steep Tariffs.  

We already have a couple of billion in pre-orders for vaccines and are already packaging them while the tests are being conducted.

Contracts have been given to Pfizer, Moderna, BioNTech and probably a couple of others I haven't followed. 

So, there already vaccines IN PRODUCTION and awaiting test results before release.

I won't mention whose administration came up with this because you all go nuttier.

The real question is allocation but that isn't worth thinking about yet, eh?

7 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

We already have a couple of billion in pre-orders for vaccines and are already packaging them while the tests are being conducted.

Contracts have been given to Pfizer, Moderna, BioNTech and probably a couple of others I haven't followed. 

So, there already vaccines IN PRODUCTION and awaiting test results before release.

I won't mention whose administration came up with this because you all go nuttier.

Umm, not exactly. 

there are production lines ramping up, yes. Capacity is being built, pre-cursor materials being provisioned, etc.

But no vaccine has entered production because no one is that stupid. Unless it's Jared.

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
17 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Umm, not exactly. 

there are production lines ramping up, yes. Capacity is being built, pre-cursor materials being provisioned, etc.

But no vaccine has entered production because no one is that stupid. Unless it's Jared.

It's more corruption and grafting, if there is any contracting being done guess how many suitcases full of money were left under the seat.

It's also a very clever move IMHO to let this story be told around, for one thing it will prop up stock prices marvelously and secondly, it will work wonders to convinve the otherwise-uncooperative Trumpalo anti-vaxxers to get on board and get vaccinated.

"Now, thanks to special negotiating by His Donaldness, -YOU- can get the vaccine ahead of all those dirty furriners and libby-rulls! Donald specifically approved skipping the science-y parts of making this vaccine, just to get it to you sooner!"

This will work wonders with the crowd that is just barely smart enough to know better than to eat pool cleaner or inject bleach.

Like SoreAss.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

The only way they can have a vaccine this soon is to skip trials. And it's possible they've done that, but they'll have to be very very lucky to have come up with as widely effective a vaccine without full scientific trials at multiple levels.

Each stage of a trial requires biological / physiological processes to play out, so there is no way to shorten the duration of it.

I suspect that China's numbers are at least slighlty cooked AND the result of vigorously enforced isolation. I also would not be surprised if they forced the vaccine development along idealogical lines, it's a weakness of authoritarian regimes. The Soviets had this problem in spades, politics trumping science, and paid for it big time.

- DSK

I don't think they have a vaccine yet, and it would not go unnoticed if the population were being vaccinated on a large scale, so I am very puzzled about the numbers for china.

Other countries have had very hard lockdowns, without producing low numbers even close to the chinese. (Argentina).
On the other hand NZ has almost managed it.
There is yet a lot to be learned.

Just now, ModernViking said:

I don't think they have a vaccine yet, and it would not go unnoticed if the population were being vaccinated on a large scale, so I am very puzzled about the numbers for china.

Other countries have had very hard lockdowns, without producing low numbers even close to the chinese. (Argentina).

Agree!

- DSK

1 hour ago, ModernViking said:

The hospitals they built were used as sanatoriums.  COVID patiens were required (soemtimes forcibly) to be isolated from the general public.  I don't know if we can believe their numbers but isolating the infected was more effective than trying to convince everyone to self isolate.  Their lockdown was also much tigher and enforced.  We allowed too many people to be considered essential.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Umm, not exactly. 

That's not how I read this

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/07/22/us-government-engages-pfizer-produce-millions-doses-covid-19-vaccine.html

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense (DoD) today announced an agreement with U.S.-based Pfizer Inc. for large-scale production and nationwide delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in the United States following the vaccine’s successful manufacture and approval. The agreement also allows the U.S. government to acquire an additional 500 million doses.

The federal government will own the 100 million doses of vaccine initially produced as a result of this agreement, and Pfizer will deliver the doses in the United States if the product receives Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) or licensure from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as outlined in FDA guidance, after completing demonstration of safety and efficacy in a large Phase 3 clinical trial.

By entering into this agreement now, a safe and effective vaccine can be shipped quickly if FDA grants EUA or licensure. This approach helps meet the U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed goal to begin delivering 300 million of doses of safe and effective vaccine to the American people by the end of the year.

Production will begin while testing is still going on and 100 million doses will be shipped upon approval.  Another 500 million doses will be produced after that.

Another https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/08/11/trump-administration-collaborates-with-moderna-produce-100-million-doses-covid-19-investigational-vaccine.html

Under the leadership of President Trump, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Defense (DoD) today announced an agreement with Moderna, Inc. to manufacture and deliver 100 million doses of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate. The federal government will own these vaccine doses.

Moderna will manufacture the vaccine doses while clinical trials are underway. Manufacturing in parallel with clinical trials expedites the traditional vaccine development timeline and builds toward the U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed goal to begin delivering safe and effective vaccines to the American people by the end of the year. If the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorizes use as outlined in agency guidance, the vaccine doses would be distributed and used as part of a COVID-19 vaccination campaign.

“In creating a vaccine portfolio for Operation Warp Speed, the Trump Administration is increasing the likelihood that the United States will have at least one safe, effective vaccine by 2021,” said HHS Secretary Alex Azar. “Today’s investment represents the next step in supporting this vaccine candidate all the way from early development by Moderna and the National Institutes of Health, through clinical trials, and now large-scale manufacturing, with the potential to bring hundreds of millions of safe and effective doses to the American people.”

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

that's cause you are derpy

15 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/07/22/us-government-engages-pfizer-produce-millions-doses-covid-19-vaccine.html

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense (DoD) today announced an agreement with U.S.-based Pfizer Inc. for large-scale production and nationwide delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in the United States following the vaccine’s successful manufacture and approval. The agreement also allows the U.S. government to acquire an additional 500 million doses.

The federal government will own the 100 million doses of vaccine initially produced as a result of this agreement, and Pfizer will deliver the doses in the United States if the product receives Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) or licensure from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as outlined in FDA guidance, after completing demonstration of safety and efficacy in a large Phase 3 clinical trial.

By entering into this agreement now, a safe and effective vaccine can be shipped quickly if FDA grants EUA or licensure. This approach helps meet the U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed goal to begin delivering 300 million of doses of safe and effective vaccine to the American people by the end of the year.

Production will begin while testing is still going on and 100 million doses will be shipped upon approval.  Another 500 million doses will be produced after that.

Another https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/08/11/trump-administration-collaborates-with-moderna-produce-100-million-doses-covid-19-investigational-vaccine.html

Under the leadership of President Trump, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Defense (DoD) today announced an agreement with Moderna, Inc. to manufacture and deliver 100 million doses of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate. The federal government will own these vaccine doses.

Moderna will manufacture the vaccine doses while clinical trials are underway. Manufacturing in parallel with clinical trials expedites the traditional vaccine development timeline and builds toward the U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed goal to begin delivering safe and effective vaccines to the American people by the end of the year. If the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorizes use as outlined in agency guidance, the vaccine doses would be distributed and used as part of a COVID-19 vaccination campaign.

“In creating a vaccine portfolio for Operation Warp Speed, the Trump Administration is increasing the likelihood that the United States will have at least one safe, effective vaccine by 2021,” said HHS Secretary Alex Azar. “Today’s investment represents the next step in supporting this vaccine candidate all the way from early development by Moderna and the National Institutes of Health, through clinical trials, and now large-scale manufacturing, with the potential to bring hundreds of millions of safe and effective doses to the American people.”

Will start

capacity

testing

approval

but nothing about already making it

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

that's cause you are derpy

And, you and the guy who shaves your head are apparently illiterate.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

And, you and the guy who shaves your head are apparently illiterate.

OK, go back and highlight the part of your cite that says where the vaccine is already IN PRODUCTION in mass (obviously if they are testing it, somebody is making some). This is what you claimed.

We'll wait

- DSK

16 hours ago, Saorsa said:

What's the used by date? :D

44 minutes ago, astro said:

Maybe they outsourced the COVID stats to the Whitehouse?

ouch :D

19 hours ago, Jules said:

It's already been established the virus has morphed.  And it's reasonable to expect it to continue doing so.  It's in the same family as the common cold and look how long we've been trying to eradicate that.  The only hope for eradicating the virus is probably long gone.  It had to happen the moment it was recognized.

Now that it's global, our best bet is to slow the spread so the medical community is able to properly treat it.  But I'm afraid the failure of leadership has stuck us with this virus until such a time as we can develop a vaccine that morphs right along with the virus. 

Except some vaccines aren't focused on the actual virus, instead focused on the way it binds to cells etc.

Something which doesn't mutate like the virus.

2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Except some vaccines aren't focused on the actual virus, instead focused on the way it binds to cells etc.

Something which doesn't mutate like the virus.

That's a good approach to try but we don't know how effective that is.

I'm not sure that would be an actual vaccine.  Vaccines are intended to stimulate the immune response, not act as a shield.

I would also be concerned with the long term consequences. How much do we want to fuck up the operation of our RNA to be potentially safe from one disease that affects a small percentage of the population.

• Downvote 1

What if America gets a vaccine first?

26 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I'm not sure that would be an actual vaccine.  Vaccines are intended to stimulate the immune response, not act as a shield.

I would also be concerned with the long term consequences. How much do we want to fuck up the operation of our RNA to be potentially safe from one disease that affects a small percentage of the population.

https://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2020/08/uq-vaccine-scientists-report-positive-results-pre-clinical-testing

it doesn't work the way you think it does......

51 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Excuse me, are you ducking this question?

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

OK, go back and highlight the part of your cite that says where the vaccine is already IN PRODUCTION in mass (obviously if they are testing it, somebody is making some). This is what you claimed.

So, what about this little shovel load of bullshit that you're trying to spread?

- DSK

25 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Maybe it's not supposed to work the way I think it does.

Maybe you could tell me what I think before I respond to your inanity.

You do know that  there are beneficial viruses.  Are they testing to see that those are not blocked?

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Excuse me, are you ducking this question?

So, what about this little shovel load of bullshit that you're trying to spread?

- DSK

17 hours ago, Saorsa said:

OK, now, do you have an alternative, other than production, to have 200  million doses of a vaccine ready for distribution immediately upon completion and approval of the clinical trials?

Welcome to the world of preparation and logistics.  I suspect the newly produce vaccines will be distributed regionally before approval too.

8 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

OK, now, do you have an alternative, other than production, to have 200  million doses of a vaccine ready for distribution immediately upon completion and approval of the clinical trials?

Welcome to the world of preparation and logistics.  I suspect the newly produce vaccines will be distributed regionally before approval too.

Sigh

Not one word about STARTING production or that production is ongoing or anything like that....

They have an agreement

Which is better than arguing about it

How many times do you have to hit yourself in the head with a brick before you can be this fucking stupid?

- DSK

14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sigh

Not one word about STARTING production or that production is ongoing or anything like that....

They have an agreement

Which is better than arguing about it

How many times do you have to hit yourself in the head with a brick before you can be this fucking stupid?

- DSK

https://www.sanofi.com/en/your-health/vaccines/production

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01063-8

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/13/drugmakers-will-start-coronavirus-vaccine-production-by-end-of-summer-trump-health-officials-say.html

Key Points
  • U.S. health officials and drugmakers expect to start producing potential coronavirus vaccine doses by the end of the summer, a senior Trump administration official said Monday.

• The U.S. is aiming to deliver 300 million doses of a vaccine for Covid-19 by early 2021. The manufacturing process is already underway even though they aren’t sure which vaccine, if any, will work, the official told reporters on a conference call.

• The administration has selected four potential vaccines as the most likely candidates, but the official said Monday that that list could grow. On the list are vaccines from biotech firm Moderna and Johnson & Johnson.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31252-6/fulltext

Global appetite for any successful vaccines, if and when they are ready, will bring its own difficulties. Developers are starting to scale up production even now, despite the risk that their favoured candidates will fall short. Distribution, delivery, and administration need to be worked out. And then there is the issue of access. With the public sector investing heavily in the development of these vaccines, there are growing calls for universal vaccine accessibility, but nationalistic, geographical, and commercial factors could stand in the way.
“We absolutely need COVID-19 vaccines available globally”, says Heaton. “We'll have to wait and see how things play out.”

SoreAss, there is not one word about vaccine already starting production. In fact this cite says they haven't even decided which of several vaccine candidates to start producing.

Do you really think you're fooling anybody?

Why is it so-o difficult to just admit you made a mistake?

- DSK

Sao is a disinformation agent

50 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

You do know that  there are beneficial viruses.

COVID-19 is good for us all!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Maybe it's not supposed to work the way I think it does.

Maybe you could tell me what I think before I respond to your inanity.

You do know that  there are beneficial viruses.  Are they testing to see that those are not blocked?

stay ignorant, then,

3 minutes ago, Saorsa said:
28 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

SoreAss, there is not one word about vaccine already starting production. In fact this cite says they haven't even decided which of several vaccine candidates to start producing.

Do you really think you're fooling anybody?

Why is it so-o difficult to just admit you made a mistake?

- DSK

Are you anywhere near Morrisville NC?  This one is dated July 23.

https://fujifilmdiosynth.com/about-us/press-releases/novavax-and-fujifilm-diosynth-biotechnologies-initiate-large-scale-manufacturing-of-covid-19-vaccine-candidate/

GAITHERSBURG, Md. and MORRISVILLE, N.C.July 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX), a late-stage biotechnology company developing next-generation vaccines for serious infectious diseases, and FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB), a world leading contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) for biologics, viral vaccines and gene therapies, announced today an agreement to manufacture bulk drug substance for NVX-CoV2373, Novavax’ COVID-19 vaccine candidate. FDB’s site in Morrisville, North Carolina has begun production of the first batch of NVX-CoV2373.

Here are a couple of more links

Moderna - https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/moderna-has-started-producing-commercial-covid-19-vaccines-at-risk-ceo

Astra-Zeneca - https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/moderna-has-started-producing-commercial-covid-19-vaccines-at-risk-ceo

Congratulations, you finally found a cite that -almost- supports your statement. They have "begun production" of THEIR vaccine candidate, or rather, the bulk substance or forerunner (do you know anything about pharmaceutical production).

Admit it, you can't fucking read and understand a simple paragraph.

Now, a geography lesson (because this was my life for over a decade): North Carolina is a big place, but as a matter of fact I lived about 25 miles from Morrisville for years and did a lot of work there. Actually, "Morrisville" is a bit of a misnomer, the location they are talking about is "Reseach Triangle Park" which is not in any town, it's in an area roughly bounded by Cary (Morrisville & Carpenter), Chapel Hill (Parkwood), Durham (Hope Valley), and the outskirts of Raleigh (which has had enough sense to not spawn dozens of unsustainable little fake towns around it's perimeter).

- DSK

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

stay ignorant, then,

I am certainly not ignorant of what I think.

You, however are.

3 hours ago, astro said:

What if America gets a vaccine first?

We already know that the Trump admin has pre-bought all capacity, and everyone else has to wait. I don’t blame the Chinese for saying “fuck you”

3 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

You, however are.

The Moderna guy said on the Freakonomics show this fucking weekend that they will pre-manufacture as much as they can, but they don’t yet have a vaccine! 
they were advocating for a strategic spend so that they could be ready ONCE ITS AVAILABLE 

fuck the dumb is thick in this one

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The Moderna guy said on the Freakonomics show this fucking weekend that they will pre-manufacture as much as they can, but they don’t yet have a vaccine! 
they were advocating for a strategic spend so that they could be ready ONCE ITS AVAILABLE 

fuck the dumb is thick in this one

They do have a vaccine which is in Stage 3 testing.  A vaccine is AVAILABLE for use once it has passed that stage.

Manufacturing vaccines takes time.  Producing a few hundred million doses to be available as soon as the vaccine is approved for use takes months.   A plan that waits for  full approval before starting production means a delay in delivery to patients.

To put this in sailing terms, if you race, you might consider all the activity prior to the starting gun on the racecourse.  You need to be on the line at the time of the gun, not 50 yards back waiting.

Here is what Operation Warp Speed is all about.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/06/16/fact-sheet-explaining-operation-warp-speed.html

24 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

They do have a vaccine which is in Stage 3 testing.  A vaccine is AVAILABLE for use once it has passed that stage.

Manufacturing vaccines takes time.  Producing a few hundred million doses to be available as soon as the vaccine is approved for use takes months.   A plan that waits for  full approval before starting production means a delay in delivery to patients.

To put this in sailing terms, if you race, you might consider all the activity prior to the starting gun on the racecourse.  You need to be on the line at the time of the gun, not 50 yards back waiting.

Here is what Operation Warp Speed is all about.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/06/16/fact-sheet-explaining-operation-warp-speed.html

So, you think Pence is making all this happen? And you -still- think vaccine is being produced before the completion of testing, despite all the cites you pulled up very specifically NOT saying that?

You are a dumbass living in a dream world. The rest of us do not want to have to clean up after it crashes, thank you

- DSK

8 hours ago, Saorsa said:

You, however are.

Your posts certainly don't contain enough factual content to be anything more than what you think.

11 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

So, you think Pence is making all this happen? And you -still- think vaccine is being produced before the completion of testing, despite all the cites you pulled up very specifically NOT saying that?

You are a dumbass living in a dream world. The rest of us do not want to have to clean up after it crashes, thank you

- DSK

From the cites above in Post 53 The cites specifically do say that production is underway before the completion of the testing, you illiterate dunce.  Production for at least three companies has been underway for over  a month.  There are more but three should be enough to show your ignorance.

Dated 23 Jul in reference to Novavax

FDB’s site in Morrisville, North Carolina has begun production of the first batch of NVX-CoV2373.

Dated 15 July in Reference to Moderna

On a conference call detailing positive phase 1 data for mRNA-1273, the company’s COVID-19 vaccine, Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel said the company has “already started to make commercial product at risk and will continue to do so every day, every week, every month.”

Oh, my apologies, I duplicated one of the cite links the correct third link is https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52917118

Dated 5 June in Reference to AstraZeneca

Drug company AstraZeneca is to start producing a potential vaccine for coronavirus, its boss has told the BBC.

Trials of the drug are under way but Pascal Soriot said the firm must start making doses now so that it can meet demand if the vaccine proves effective.

"We are starting to manufacture this vaccine right now - and we have to have it ready to be used by the time we have the results," he said.

33 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

From the cites above in Post 53 The cites specifically do say that production is underway before the completion of the testing, you illiterate dunce.  Production for at least three companies has been underway for over  a month.  There are more but three should be enough to show your ignorance.

Dated 23 Jul in reference to Novavax

FDB’s site in Morrisville, North Carolina has begun production of the first batch of NVX-CoV2373.

Dated 15 July in Reference to Moderna

On a conference call detailing positive phase 1 data for mRNA-1273, the company’s COVID-19 vaccine, Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel said the company has “already started to make commercial product at risk and will continue to do so every day, every week, every month.”

Oh, my apologies, I duplicated one of the cite links the correct third link is https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52917118

Dated 5 June in Reference to AstraZeneca

Drug company AstraZeneca is to start producing a potential vaccine for coronavirus, its boss has told the BBC.

Trials of the drug are under way but Pascal Soriot said the firm must start making doses now so that it can meet demand if the vaccine proves effective.

"We are starting to manufacture this vaccine right now - and we have to have it ready to be used by the time we have the results," he said.

Ah, name calling and STILL not recognizing the problem.

"We are starting to manufacture" is the closest thing yet, but it's still not the same as MANY are ALREADY manufacturing which is what you claimed.

So, when you're wrong and cannot admit it, and apparently cannot read plain English, that makes you stupid. I said it, it's a fact.

- DSK

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Ah, name calling and STILL not recognizing the problem.

"We are starting to manufacture" is the closest thing yet, but it's still not the same as MANY are ALREADY manufacturing which is what you claimed.

So, when you're wrong and cannot admit it, and apparently cannot read plain English, that makes you stupid. I said it, it's a fact.

- DSK

How did you miss the first two cites and focus on the one you can use to fuel your delusion?

Do the words "have begun" and "already started" have no meaning to you?

Or the statement "We are starting" in early June would not indicate that the process was underway in September?

Here is a link dated July 23 that show production has begun for Novavax's product

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/novavax-and-fujifilm-diosynth-biotechnologies-initiate-large-scale-manufacturing-of-covid-19-vaccine-candidate-301099139.html

GAITHERSBURG, Md. and MORRISVILLE, N.C., July 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX), a late-stage biotechnology company developing next-generation vaccines for serious infectious diseases, and FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB), a world leading contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) for biologics, viral vaccines and gene therapies, announced today an agreement to manufacture bulk drug substance for NVX-CoV2373, Novavax' COVID-19 vaccine candidate. FDB's site in Morrisville, North Carolina has begun production of the first batch of NVX-CoV2373.  

Here is one for June showing that AstraZeneca was going to ramp up existing production.  Ramp up means increase existing production.  Emphasis on Existing.

http://www.pharmafile.com/news/552109/astrazeneca-continues-ramp-covid-19-vaccine-production-new-cmo-partnership

AstraZeneca has continued to build its manufacturing capacity to deliver its COVID-19 vaccine candidate, developed in partnership with the University of Oxford and currently being tested in human trials across a number of trials across the UK, with its latest partnership signed with Scottish firm Symbiosis Pharmaceutical Services.

Under the agreement, the contract manufacturing organisation will offer “fast-track” to its sterile vaccine drug product manufacturing capacity in order to supply doses of the vaccine to clinical trial sites for further research.

It’s the latest in a line of deals sealed by AZ in the past months, after securing funding from the US and UK Governments in exchange for securing reserves of the vaccine. The company plans to manufacture two billion doses by 2021.

If you look around, you would find that they are also creating manufacturing facilities in South America and Mexico.