B.J. Porter

Multiple Boats in Distress, Sinking at Trump Parade

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Now that I think about it, a bunch of idiots on a crowded lake doing 15 kts might produce more spectacular results than just some boring sinkings.

Anybody here within reasonable distance to get over there and get us some video of the collisions? 

It’s happening right now, most boats are going water dozer speed. 

18 hours ago, dylan winter said:

gotta hand it to them

quite a turnout - and  few yachts as well

it does look rough out there

no shots of the sinkings..... yet

i didn't notice a boat i like... a few acceptable... most of it powerboats which i wouldn't miss...

kept waiting for Rambo or the Terminator to take them all out.... (would have been real american movie action!)

The Trumpster boaters have been passing by the house all weekend, going to and from their Labor Day parades.

Labor Day used to be for those who work.  Now it's for honoring the man who did everything to avoid work.

14 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Yes he is, but I thought it might bring tears to some of our friends.

On this lazy Sunday quarantino day, I am currently LOL..  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Trumpster boaters have been passing by the house all weekend, going to and from their Memorial Day parades.

Memorial Day used to be for honoring those who served their country.  Now it's for honoring the man who did everything not to serve.

Memorial Day?

9 hours ago, Happy said:

It'll be a black comedy scripted by Mel Brooks and directed by Monty Python.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but it already is.

14 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Trumpster boaters have been passing by the house all weekend, going to and from their Memorial Day parades.

Memorial Day used to be for honoring those who served their country.  Now it's for honoring the man who did everything not to serve.

Why would you have a special day to honour losers and suckers?

The Trump parade boats just keep coming down the canals.  Reminds me of the Bush parades and the Reagan parades and the Nixon parades and...

Oh, wait.  Those other parades never happened...

45 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Trumpster boaters have been passing by the house all weekend, going to and from their Labor Day parades.

Labor Day used to be for those who work.  Now it's for honoring the man who did everything to avoid work.

Here is a solution for boredom, but beware, it will not received in anything resembling friendly humor.

In Jest

EaarXljXQAAkP2v.thumb.jpg.6add91f7671352a024c9893e1ac8709d.jpgdidn't take long for Trump supporters to find a way to make themselves feel less stupid.

20 hours ago, dylan winter said:

maybe a few of the f%^kwits will understand the power of a wake. Bunch of shit heads

in making my films I have had youtube death threats from two types of people  - Trumpists and Mobo drivers

I hope no-one died but I certainly hope that insurance companies take a good look at their coverage when it comes to renewal

D

Meh, it is what it is.

47 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Trump parade boats just keep coming down the canals.  Reminds me of the Bush parades and the Reagan parades and the Nixon parades and...

Oh, wait.  Those other parades never happened...

Those other guy's supporters didn't have "Fuck You" as their primary motivator

3 hours ago, Bull City said:

There is a place along the route where the lake is kind of narrow, and there's a nearby shoal. It can get pretty lumpy on a normal holiday (powerboat heavy) weekend. That's where I would go for excitement today. But, I'm not going anywhere near the lake today.

So you know where the Trumptards are most likely to run into each other but not going to go film it for us? 

I think you are going to have to just take one for the team on this. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, dylan winter said:

I own a labrador

she is astonishingly stupid and has a horribly  distorted view of reality

She is very, very greedy in an "I got mine" sort of way

she is very loyal .to the point of insanity .. even though I do not deserve her loyalty and betry her constantly

she has a rediculous and irrational dislike of some breeds of dogs that are not labradors

she is overweight and really rather indolent

D

Not a black lab I take it?

• Like 1

I was just out tooling around in our 16’ Bayliner - sailboat is out of commission for a week or so :( - enjoying perfect Maine late summer weather and there were a bunch of boats with TRUMP and MAGA flags headed thru Townsend Gut. My little boat doesn’t handle chop at all. One of these boats was about 24’ long and had half a dozen trump flags and about a dozen rowdies aboard. I slowed to 5kts to avoid getting tossed about In the wake and an impressively large Grady White from Bath blew by me from just behind to starboard and tossed me about some more.

I just got home and got a breathless Facebook message from a former commodore at our YC (loudmouth Trump guy) that they have “organized” a last minute Trump boat parade shitshow in Boothbay Harbor. Apparently the Lincoln County Republicans saw the events in Austin and Massachusetts and wanted to be assholes too!. Their plan was to circle about in front of all the restaurants hollering and waving Trump flags while people are trying to eat their lunch outside on the decks, so all these poor people have to look at their stupid spectacle and have their long weekend ruined by a bunch of selfish retrograde fuckheads and go away thinking all boat owners and Mainers have brain damage.

I heard there was a run-aground in the Massachusetts MAGA event, nearby Coast Guard helped them out. First responders have enough to worry about

w/o these Boatniks. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bhyde said:

EaarXljXQAAkP2v.thumb.jpg.6add91f7671352a024c9893e1ac8709d.jpgdidn't take long for Trump supporters to find a way to make themselves feel less stupid.

Photoshop is so therapeutic.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Not a black lab I take it?

I do  not know what colour she is

I am blind to colour

• Like 3

22 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I don’t want the idiots hurt, no.

C9553DAE-6737-41ED-99E7-7115AD204FD8.jpeg

Losers. 

2 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Losers. 

Proud Buoys 

38 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

I am blind to colour

Just spit my drink out my nose. LOL. All hail DW.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Venom said:

You're not blaming when you divide people into categories based or skin color? I suppose that is possible but it's still racism. 

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." MLK

Start by acknowledging the point he was making, frenchie. 

MLK said we should pretend white privilege doesn't exist? 

That'd be downright funny, if it wasn't so damn stupid.

3 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

I was just out tooling around in our 16’ Bayliner - sailboat is out of commission for a week or so :( - enjoying perfect Maine late summer weather and there were a bunch of boats with TRUMP and MAGA flags headed thru Townsend Gut. My little boat doesn’t handle chop at all. One of these boats was about 24’ long and had half a dozen trump flags and about a dozen rowdies aboard. I slowed to 5kts to avoid getting tossed about In the wake and an impressively large Grady White from Bath blew by me from just behind to starboard and tossed me about some more.

I just got home and got a breathless Facebook message from a former commodore at our YC (loudmouth Trump guy) that they have “organized” a last minute Trump boat parade shitshow in Boothbay Harbor. Apparently the Lincoln County Republicans saw the events in Austin and Massachusetts and wanted to be assholes too!. Their plan was to circle about in front of all the restaurants hollering and waving Trump flags while people are trying to eat their lunch outside on the decks, so all these poor people have to look at their stupid spectacle and have their long weekend ruined by a bunch of selfish retrograde fuckheads and go away thinking all boat owners and Mainers have brain damage.

There has never been a time when the Lunatic Fringe have been so appreciated by a president.  They are probably starting to think this behavior is normal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Are there no potato(e) cannons?

4 hours ago, Mark K said:

Losers. 

Grownups dont  call people losers 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dylan winter said:

I am blind to colour

Black is not a colour .;)

• Like 1

Putting together a Trump parade here in SF for all my aquatic Trump buddies. We're going to all meet up at the St. Francis YC and do a quick loop of the Farallon Islands. Should be fun.

2 minutes ago, Mid said:

Black is not a colour .;)

Neither is white.

So there you go.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

85ED1793-56CE-4BF8-A8D0-5EAAF20063B6.jpeg

Is that visage of God on the left, enveloping the flag?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Putting together a Trump parade here in SF for all my aquatic Trump buddies. We're going to all meet up at the St. Francis YC and do a quick loop of the Farallon Islands. Should be fun.

It's too bad I don't still have the Bayliner. I could swamp a LOT of boats with that thing...

On 9/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, Mid said:

where ?

From the wind against current 

The only thing that would have made this shitshow even funnier is if a bunch of trumpers on jetskis all collided and the jetskis exploded into MAGA fireballs.  

9 hours ago, 2slow said:

It’s happening right now, most boats are going water dozer speed. 

Not learning anything and doing the exact same thing as last time, and maybe sink more boats.

This is actually turning out to be a really appropriate way to promote reelection. 

48 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It's too bad I don't still have the Bayliner. I could swamp a LOT of boats with that thing...

An old Tollycraft would be the best - those things put out the worst wakes I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

From the wind against current 

that's what i thought ...

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Photoshop is so therapeutic.

EhR1LTbU4AI9Uyx?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bhyde said:

In early September, good times.

Another one of these things in MN. 

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/09/06/trump-boat-parade-on-st-croix-river-causes-capsizing/

“The waves were probably four to five footers pounding my boat into the dock,” Smith said.

The whip holding his docked boat in place snapped, and he says he fought violently for an hour and a half to keep it from sinking. 

“Boaters all know they’re responsible for their waves, but nobody cared,” Smith said. “They just kept going and going and hooting and hollering. Luckily I didn’t slip and go off the side of the dock.”

One of Keith’s neighbors wasn’t as fortunate, and did lose his boat.

“There was so much wake from the boats that it actually lifted my dock up three or four feet, and the waves came underneath my floating dock,” he said. “The waves overwhelmed the boat.”

Boat-Sunk-During-Trump-Boat-Parade-St-Cr

15 hours ago, frenchie said:

MLK said we should pretend white privilege doesn't exist? 

That'd be downright funny, if it wasn't so damn stupid.

Are you playing pretend ignorant again, frenchie?

He was saying that people should be judged by by the content of their character and NOT by the color of their skin. 

Warren as example used race privilege when she claimed she was an American Indian to get into Harvard, that's not what he meant, fuck-wit.

The only way you’d ever see a Biden boat parade would be if the Government started giving out free boats.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

The only way you’d ever see a Biden boat parade would be if the Government started giving out free boats.

you're an imbecile  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

An old Tollycraft would be the best - those things put out the worst wakes I've ever seen.

Any Krogan will make a Tollycraft wake look like it was made by a Laser.  We were over by Deer Harbor years ago, and some idiots came by, apparently trying to get a Krogan 45-50er(?) up on a plane, & nearly flipped a Cobalt, some aluminum fishing boats, came within inches of putting green water in our cabin, and nearly sank a fucking 59’ schooner  near us.  (And then there is the Island Explorer, a tourist boat.  I think it has a different name now, but that wave is in a class of its own.). Anyway, this was on one of those days with 1-2 knots TW, a painted sea, a bunch of guys fishing, and 2 sailboats placidly ghosting along at a knot or 2.

How many wake boats were Trumpaloo parading at speed, I wonder....

48 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Another one of these things in MN. 

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/09/06/trump-boat-parade-on-st-croix-river-causes-capsizing/

“The waves were probably four to five footers pounding my boat into the dock,” Smith said.

The whip holding his docked boat in place snapped, and he says he fought violently for an hour and a half to keep it from sinking. 

“Boaters all know they’re responsible for their waves, but nobody cared,” Smith said. “They just kept going and going and hooting and hollering. Luckily I didn’t slip and go off the side of the dock.”

One of Keith’s neighbors wasn’t as fortunate, and did lose his boat.

“There was so much wake from the boats that it actually lifted my dock up three or four feet, and the waves came underneath my floating dock,” he said. “The waves overwhelmed the boat.”

Boat-Sunk-During-Trump-Boat-Parade-St-Cr

Between using pickup trucks to mow down demonstrators and having boat parades, what are insurance companies going to do with rates for Trumpaloos?  

18 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

The only way you'd see a "Biden Parade" is if all of a sudden, people who intended to vote for Biden lost 30 IQ points.

Voting for Biden is about democracy and good government. It's not about shouting team slogans and waving flags and getting drunk off yer ass while shitting all over your community

- DSK

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Venom said:

He was saying that people should be judged by by the content of their character and NOT by the color of their skin. 

No he wasn't.  

On 9/6/2020 at 12:28 AM, badlatitude said:

:lol::lol:

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 3:17 AM, B.J. Porter said:

Not to spoil the fun on this one, but it's my understanding that Brent Terhune is a MAGA parody act...

Dammit, you have spoilt it for me.

4 hours ago, dacapo said:

you're an imbecile  

Why do you feel the need to compliment him?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Venom said:

Warren as example used race privilege when she claimed she was an American Indian to get into Harvard, that's not what he meant, fuck-wit.

He was saying he had a dream: of an America where white privilege/black opression don't exist.  He wasn't claiming we're there yet. 

(Have you ever read or heard the rest of that speech?  https://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm)

He sure as fuck wasn't saying we should pretend to already be there.  Dumbass.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

The Biden parade is going to be the one where The Donald is marched out of the White House. No stupid boat flags will be required.

13 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.64d6e8adbe8f0be941d7876ef0b6970d.png

So much winning.

Wasn't that from a different lake/river and Trumpaloon rally?

I read another story about a few people having their floating docks and boats damaged and sunk by rally wakes while no one in the rally stopped or looked over.

10 hours ago, Venom said:

He (MLK) was saying that people should be judged by by the content of their character and NOT by the color of their skin. 

8 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

No he wasn't.  

Says someone trained in twisting words to mean the opposite of what they were meant to say.

This thread is so stupid, it actually belongs in PA.

22 hours ago, bhyde said:

I wonder how many would actually turn up w their bass boats if you made the FB post look remotely good.  Have a picnic on the deck of st fancy, hilarity will ensue...  

29 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

Says someone trained in twisting words to mean the opposite of what they were meant to say.

This thread is so stupid, it actually belongs in PA.

It is in PA, Stupid......

11 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

The only way you'd see a Biden boat parade was if there was enough sheep to have the level of infatuation for a celebrity, the insecure need to "belong" to a group, the attitude of not giving a fuck about anyone else, and the time to accommodate these mental shortcomings.

That all being said, which boat was yours?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, benwynn said:

The only way you'd see a Biden boat parade was if there was enough sheep to have the level of infatuation for a celebrity, the insecure need to "belong" to a group, the attitude of not giving a fuck about anyone else, and the time to accommodate these mental shortcomings.

E1881E36-5295-4CC0-A7DE-321C713AB96A.jpeg

Is that Sarah Huckabee?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhyde said:

Is that Sarah Huckabee?

Why yes, yes it is . . 

Bravo's luv interest. 

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.daa7656c98ebe08cdc24b601f454a6e9.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Why yes, yes it is . . 

Bravo's luv interest. 

Bravo is little rocket man?

Why am I reminded of this when I look at those pics? 

Thomas-Rowlandson-aquatint.thumb.jpg.b84246428cf97f3e386d9c3553b5f609.jpg

I just see selfishness and greed with scant regard for others tossed with an alpha male arrogance. Kinda like the period around the fall of the Roman Empire.

How did that work out again?   

“The decline of Rome,” wrote Gibbon, “was the natural and inevitable effect of immoderate greatness.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

Catalina 27

161C9D19-34A9-46E7-AB7E-FE360DE9F73B.jpeg

Innocent bystander?    No washboards in?    Bad day.

39 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Why am I reminded of this when I look at those pics? 

Thomas-Rowlandson-aquatint.thumb.jpg.b84246428cf97f3e386d9c3553b5f609.jpg

I just see selfishness and greed with scant regard for others tossed with an alpha male arrogance. Kinda like the period around the fall of the Roman Empire.

How did that work out again?   

“The decline of Rome,” wrote Gibbon, “was the natural and inevitable effect of immoderate greatness.”

I think this is appropriate for our times.

0239144944e056f01e3d2206e845a1c0.jpg

12 hours ago, frenchie said:

He was saying he had a dream: of an America where white privilege/black opression don't exist. 

You are the one judging people based on the color of their skin, dip shit, not me. 

Categorizing people by skin color, ethnintisity, religion, sexual preference etc. etc. and not by the person's character is the essence of racism/ bigotry.  

You and your elk are the epitome of racism, frenchie.

Own it. 

5 hours ago, benwynn said:

The elk here don't actually own boats.

5 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Fuck I despise people who brainwash and use their children for political purposes.

The ultimate scum.

2 hours ago, Lark said:

Innocent bystander?    No washboards in?    Bad day.

Rotted drain hoses... nothing to do with the parade. It happened in January. I just wanted to add another sunken boat photo to the thread 

9 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Catalina 27

161C9D19-34A9-46E7-AB7E-FE360DE9F73B.jpeg

One of your repairs ?

On 9/5/2020 at 11:46 PM, Venom said:

Incompetent moron sunk his boat? These are obviously not sailors and most likely don't even know how to read a tide chart much less a weather synopsis...

A tide chart for Lake Travis?  Seriously?

12 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

A tide chart for Lake Travis?  Seriously?

That’s hilarious. 

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

One of your repairs ?

Is that your best?  A bunch of your Trump brethren showed the world that he truly is the leader of the DUMB!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

One of your repairs ?

We rescued it after the sinking which was also the first time we ever touched the boat 

The cockpit drain  hoses had been past their service life for at least a decade. Nobody had looked. There were still bags of charcoal stored in the  aft compartment which had been left by the previous owner. 

Had the boat been to our shop any time in the previous ten years we would have replaced the drain hoses as a result  of our complimentary standard lights, through hulls, valves,  hoses  and general condition inspection process. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Hat's on backwards.   Where's Dabs when you need him.