badlatitude

'Play It Down' Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Emails show HHS official trying to muzzle Fauci

Source: Politico

A Trump administration appointee at the Department of Health and Human Services is trying to prevent Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert, from speaking about the risks that coronavirus poses to children. 

Emails obtained by POLITICO show Paul Alexander — a senior adviser to Michael Caputo, HHS’s assistant secretary for public affairs — instructing press officers and others at the National Institutes of Health about what Fauci should say during media interviews. The Trump adviser weighed in on Fauci’s planned responses to outlets including Bloomberg News, BuzzFeed, Huffington Post and the science journal Cell. 

Alexander’s lengthy messages, some sent as recently as this week, are couched as scientific arguments. But they often contradict mainstream science while promoting political positions taken by the Trump administration on hot-button issues ranging from the use of convalescent plasma to school reopening. 

The emails add to evidence that the White House, and Trump appointees within HHS, are pushing health agencies to promote a political message instead of a scientific one.

Read more: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/09/emails-show-hhs-muzzle-fauci-410861  

Yeah get the messaging right. Get everyone on the same page. This is pretty normal you know...  

2 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Yeah get the messaging right. Get everyone on the same page. This is pretty normal you know...  

Not when dealing with a pandemic and kids.

Kids? Kids are largely unaffected by CV-19.... 

Except for the ones disabled or killed.

• Like 2

That is simply not true. They don't show up in the fatalities at the same rate as older adults, however it is false to say they are unaffected. Not to mention that kids do not live alone, they live in homes with other people many of whom are in high risk groups. This is pretty basic stuff. 

• Like 2

Just now, Raz'r said:

Except for the ones disabled or killed.

Because "it's the children" argument is always a sure bet when you're out of real information...

Just now, LenP said:

That is simply not true. They don't show up in the fatalities at the same rate as older adults, however it is false to say they are unaffected. Not to mention that kids do not live alone, they live in homes with other people many of whom are in high risk groups. This is pretty basic stuff. 

yeah like 0.01% of all cases and even fewer deaths. 

Like I said and easy bet when you are out of real information... 

16 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Except when the message is fictional.

Boy you really are on a winning streak here. You go on to acknowledge that there are in fact deaths in children. You know what that makes you? 

A giant asshole. 

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

513,415 children have contracted CV. As Len said, few deaths, but the complication can cause problems for years.

https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

Yep few deaths... "can cause problems"  they either do or don't... 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Movable Ballast said:

Because "it's the children" argument is always a sure bet when you're out of real information...

Schools around here are already closing one week in because of outbreaks. It was a stupid idea to push the schools to open, it was stupid to push the govt agencies to use political talking points to push that agenda rather than look at the science. The schools are all going to end up closed anyway, and there will have been wasted money and time trying to open a physical building which could have been used to develop a viable virtual learning model until we get the virus under control. The children are certainly part of it, but it was stupid all around anyway. Really, it is indefensible, which is why we do not see any real defenses of what actually happened by the Trump supporters. 

• Like 3

Just now, LenP said:

Schools around here are already closing one week in because of outbreaks. It was a stupid idea to push the schools to open, it was stupid to push the govt agencies to use political talking points to push that agenda rather than look at the science. The schools are all going to end up closed anyway, and there will have been wasted money and time trying to open a physical building which could have been used to develop a viable virtual learning model until we get the virus under control. The children are certainly part of it, but it was stupid all around anyway. Really, it is indefensible, which is why we do not see any real defenses of what actually happened by the Trump supporters. 

Not in my state.

Just now, Movable Ballast said:

Yep few deaths... "can cause problems"  they either do or don't... 

Even one dead kid is too many, you heartless fuck.

3 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

yeah like 0.01% of all cases and even fewer deaths. 

Like I said and easy bet when you are out of real information... 

Did you miss the part about spreading it to others in the house who are more at risk? 

4 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Not in my state.

Aren't most of the schools in CA still closed? 

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

No, 

Are you saying Trump should have pulled the OH shit lever and gone into full panic mode? 

You fucks would have eaten him alive if he shut down all of our borders in Jan/Feb. 

And your side would be sitting pretty, now, able to point to the US's deaths per 100k, compared to other countries.

"Preventing panic" is a good reason to be careful abotu what you emphasize & what you downplay.  It's not an excuse for misleading people with a bunch of made-up bullshit.

Bullshit.

If trump had closed every boarder you'd claim it was for racist reasons. You know that...  

Yeah, and now you'd get to go "see, told you so, look at how few Americans have died from this virus, compared to other countries..."

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Screen name "Movable Ballast".  Illegal under any rating rule unless declared and rated as a canting keel.  Or are you clueless about that as well.

Um... Crew?  On the rail?  "Hike, bitches"?

57 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_death_rates_by_country

Where the fuck are you getting your numbers.... 

...? 

Your own link puts us tenth place, for deaths per population. 

Only 9 countries did worse. 

Out of... looks to be a bit more than 120?

According to your link. 

WTF?

9 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Not in my state.

Denial is a condition, not a state.

I thought Pelosi  was eloquent in offering a way out for Republicans who decided to benefit from the cult but who are not indoctrinated. 25th amendment and we can all say that this was a recent problem with the president, started with his medical condition last fall, and was not obvious until now. Not her words, but I inferred from her statements. I think this is likely a temporary offer to provide a path back to normalcy and a chance for most of the Rs in the senate and house to maintain their power. I would take her deal if it were offered to me, I think it gets worse the longer you stay on that crazy train. 

2 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

I see nothing wrong here. 

Very serious stuff. Acknowledgement that it's a big deal. 

"maybe 5 times more deadly than flu" an underestimate of how bad it really is, So was Trump misinformed or did no one know at that time. 

"Don't want to panic people". A perfectly appropriate response to a difficult fluid situation.

Are you fucking insane? He knew in February was dangerous and lied about it.

That is not how responsible leaders act. That is not how say, Jacinda Ardern acted. Kiwis knew the risks, and they acted on it. And guess what? People aren't wearing masks, they're going to work, and there has been one death in the last 3-4 months.

Literally...what the fuck is the matter with you?

mrs_kintner.gif.cbce0a94c2cc407d566673ab2a52d121.gif

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, frenchie said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_death_rates_by_country

Where the fuck are you getting your numbers.... 

...? 

According to your link. 

WTF?

He's a Trumpalo. Facts are something to waste -your- time over. Don't matter one iota to him.

"America Has The Finest Health Care In The World!"

"Lock Her UP!!"

Both statements are completely beyond the need for any support or justification.

- DSK

Anybody who could support this president after he ON THE RECORD acknowledges that it will kill 5% and then lies to the entire population about that fact while pursuing a policy of minimizing the response such as to ensure MORE PEOPLE DIE needs to seriously think re-think their life choices. Donald Trump is a mass-murderer and I have to ask, do you really like murders that much? What if it was your child or someone in your family? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

Blah Blah Blah. 

What should have happened? 

Did your father rape you?

• Downvote 1

Also: I'm calling my congress critters and insisting they immediately demand Trump resign and invoke the 25th if he doesn't. I actually believe a President Pence might stand a better chance of prevailing over Biden, ever so slightly, but if we allow this to stand we'll forever more be tainted by it. It's the right thing to do. 

30 minutes ago, frenchie said:

And your side would be sitting pretty, now, able to point to the US's deaths per 100k, compared to other countries.

"Preventing panic" is a good reason to be careful abotu what you emphasize & what you downplay.  It's not an excuse for misleading people with a bunch of made-up bullshit.

Yeah, and now you'd get to go "see, told you so, look at how few Americans have died from this virus, compared to other countries..."

Um... Crew?  On the rail?  "Hike, bitches"?

...? 

According to your link. 

WTF?

Look at the fatality rates per case. We are doing pretty bloody good at 3.0% the global average is 2.7%. 

Look at the fatality rates per case. We are doing pretty bloody good at 3.0% the global average is 2.7%. 

You don't know numbers.  22% of fatalities,  4% of the population.  I bet you were raped by dad and are short.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, DustyDreamer said:

Anybody who could support this president after he ON THE RECORD acknowledges that it will kill 5% and then lies to the entire population about that fact while pursuing a policy of minimizing the response such as to ensure MORE PEOPLE DIE needs to seriously think re-think their life choices. Donald Trump is a mass-murderer and I have to ask, do you really like murders that much? What if it was your child or someone in your family? 

I am not sure it would matter to them. I recall a quote from a mother, during the hatfield mccoy feud, as her son laid dying in front of her. Instead of feeling his anguish and her own loss she admonished her son to "die like a man, like your brother did". I think what we are seeing is a sick and perverse culture which has grown within a substantial size subset of our population. To them, this is the Hatfields and McCoys writ large. It has nothing to do with right and wrong, it has to do with being on the right side, and they would let their kids die for it. 

• Like 3

But it's no worse then the common cold, according to Trump and his legion of followers. Are you saying they LIED, or are you saying that the common cold kills 2 1/2 to 3% of of people who catch it?

Actually, Trump said it's a Democrat hoax. He said that, when people in his immediate circle were adjusting their stock portfolios to what they all knew would be a coming plague.

And you still believe everything Trump or his minions say.

- DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

But it's no worse then the common cold, according to Trump and his legion of followers. Are you saying they LIED, or are you saying that the common cold kills 2 1/2 to 3% of of people who catch it?

Actually, Trump said it's a Democrat hoax. He said that, when people in his immediate circle were adjusting their stock portfolios to what they all knew would be a coming plague.

And you still believe everything Trump or his minions say.

- DSK

I've never said that. 

6 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Good grief man, your own stats show that on a case by case basis we are worse than average, and on the infection rate per capita we are far worse than average. The net effect of those two items is that we have far more people dying than we would have if we were just average.... not exceptional, but just average would have been far better. 

1 minute ago, LenP said:
11 minutes ago, DustyDreamer said:

... Donald Trump is a mass-murderer and I have to ask, do you really like murders that much? What if it was your child or someone in your family? 

I am not sure it would matter to them. I recall a quote from a mother, during the hatfield mccoy feud, as her son laid dying in front of her. Instead of feeling his anguish and her own loss she admonished her son to "die like a man, like your brother did". I think what we are seeing is a sick and perverse culture which has grown within a substantial size subset of our population. To them, this is the Hatfields and McCoys writ large. It has nothing to do with right and wrong, it has to do with being on the right side, and they would let their kids die for it. 

Good point.

Way back in the day, Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir said "There can not be peace in the Middle East until the Arabs love their children more than they hate the Jews."

- DSK

1 minute ago, Movable Ballast said:
1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

But it's no worse then the common cold, according to Trump and his legion of followers. Are you saying they LIED, or are you saying that the common cold kills 2 1/2 to 3% of of people who catch it?   ...    ...   ...

I've never said that. 

Excuse me?

8 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

- DSK

40 minutes ago, LenP said:

He lives in Mother Russia.  The SD bit in his avatar is classic misdirection.

The ONLY thing we are not completely sucking at is the mortality rate among the infected, it's not...terrible. It's average. Some countries are worse.

If you divide total_deaths/cumulative_cases the US is about 2.99%, and the world on the whole is 3.24%. Of course, that is skewed towards our result since the US is 25% of the world's cases. If you take out the U.S. deaths the rest of the world is at 4.23%.

So yes, we're better at treatment than a lot of countries with weaker medical infrastructure and technology than us, which is not surprising.

But we're making up for it in volume.

But 3% of the infected are still dying. We have 2.5 Million active cases and are still getting 25-30K new cases per day.

Those numbers at 3% mortality mean we still have about 75,000 pending deaths from the current active cases coming, and are adding 750-900 new future deaths PER DAY.

46 minutes ago, LenP said:

They are remote-only up in NorCal - well, Bay Area. Can't speak for the rest of the place. 

2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

and are adding 750-900 new future deaths PER DAY.

For the jingoistic flag-wavers in the crowd, that's about two 9/11s per week.

• Like 1

Supporting Trump is the equivalent of losing contro

2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

The ONLY thing we are not completely sucking at is the mortality rate among the infected, it's not...terrible. It's average. Some countries are worse.

If you divide total_deaths/cumulative_cases the US is about 2.99%, and the world on the whole is 3.24%. Of course, that is skewed towards our result since the US is 25% of the world's cases. If you take out the U.S. deaths the rest of the world is at 4.23%.

So yes, we're better at treatment than a lot of countries with weaker medical infrastructure and technology than us, which is not surprising.

But we're making up for it in volume.

But 3% of the infected are still dying. We have 2.5 Million active cases and are still getting 25-30K new cases per day.

Those numbers at 3% mortality mean we still have about 75,000 pending deaths from the current active cases coming, and are adding 750-900 new future deaths PER DAY.

Whoa, a lot of numbers there cowboy.  Do you really think BM made it past the first % sign?  And the juxtaposition was intended.  

What's it to you? 

'cause you're just another bloviating, (willfully?) ignorant jerkoff on the Low Road who proactively adds to the net misery of 99.99999% of the world simply by being Reich-wing.. and here you are running your mouth all day long like you have a semblance of a fkn' point on basically anything...

• Like 2

Just now, Raz'r said:

They are remote-only up in NorCal - well, Bay Area. Can't speak for the rest of the place. 

That is what I thought. Which is what I wish we did here in PA, rather than engage in a futile effort to open schools for in person instruction. Wolf has gotten more right than wrong, but opening schools was wrong. 

Trump was grossly underestimating his fans.  Shoot someone on 5th ave?  Hold my beer, they say.  “Trump, you could let 180,000  Americans die and we’d still support you.  Hell, it can be more and we’d still support you!”

Fuck Trump and fuck anyone who still supports him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Supporting Trump is the equivalent of losing contro

Whoa, a lot of numbers there cowboy.  Do you really think BM made it past the first % sign?  And the juxtaposition was intended.  

That's why I added the 9/11 example for the brain-dead nationalists.

13 minutes ago, LenP said:

That is what I thought. Which is what I wish we did here in PA, rather than engage in a futile effort to open schools for in person instruction. Wolf has gotten more right than wrong, but opening schools was wrong. 

The kids are adjusting ok. It's loads better than the spring, which honestly, was a waste of time. I'm getting good feedback from the girls, and they seem to be learning.

For next year, and the soon-to-be college freshman, we're really leaning to a gap year. I've got some rules around it, leadership stuff, etc. She wants to volunteer. If anyone has good programs in mind...

Gosh golly gee....i STILL dont know whi to vote for.  Sure trump knew...but Biden chose Kamala.  

I'm going to write myself in.

I dont want to send the wrong message.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I love this comment.

LOL, And to think that I used to think she was sharp.

27 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The kids are adjusting ok. It's loads better than the spring, which honestly, was a waste of time. I'm getting good feedback from the girls, and they seem to be learning.

For next year, and the soon-to-be college freshman, we're really leaning to a gap year. I've got some rules around it, leadership stuff, etc. She wants to volunteer. If anyone has good programs in mind...

Glad to hear your kids are adjusting and doing well. It is a big shift in their lives. I would suggest peace corps, but who knows what the world looks like next year. What kind of work is she looking to do, what kind of major is she thinking about when she does go to university? 

Here in PA, we have extensive charter school options, with a lot of cyber charter schools. Most of them stink, but there are a few good ones. We have had my 6YO in one of the better cyber charter schools since last year since our local SD stinks when it comes to working with kids on the spectrum. It has worked well for him, and we mix in a lot of small social activities to give him time to develop those skills but with 5 or 6 kids not 25, which is a bit too much for him at this time. Ultimately, I think a mixed model long term is appealing for a lot of reasons, but I am biased at the moment too with having had some bad experiences with local schools, both private and public.   

2 minutes ago, LenP said:

Glad to hear your kids are adjusting and doing well. It is a big shift in their lives. I would suggest peace corps, but who knows what the world looks like next year. What kind of work is she looking to do, what kind of major is she thinking about when she does go to university? 

Here in PA, we have extensive charter school options, with a lot of cyber charter schools. Most of them stink, but there are a few good ones. We have had my 6YO in one of the better cyber charter schools since last year since our local SD stinks when it comes to working with kids on the spectrum. It has worked well for him, and we mix in a lot of small social activities to give him time to develop those skills but with 5 or 6 kids not 25, which is a bit too much for him at this time. Ultimately, I think a mixed model long term is appealing for a lot of reasons, but I am biased at the moment too with having had some bad experiences with local schools, both private and public.   

Chem/bio - I see some things in Costa Rica that look pretty good around bird conservation, we did a fam vacation there and she has good memories of it.  But the rule is "no slacking" - gap year is cool, and she's young anyway, won't be 18 on day 1 of freshman year, but no slacking. Peace Corp I think is a 2 year gig, shes looking for 1.

Your standards seem to change every time the news gets worse.  You were lied to.  Your leader is a failure.  The sooner you and all the other deplorables realize that the sooner our country can get back on track 

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Chem/bio - I see some things in Costa Rica that look pretty good around bird conservation, we did a fam vacation there and she has good memories of it.  But the rule is "no slacking" - gap year is cool, and she's young anyway, won't be 18 on day 1 of freshman year, but no slacking. Peace Corp I think is a 2 year gig, shes looking for 1.

I was wrong, peace corp has some short volunteer gigs. Will have her check it out. Her life, right?

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Beautiful country. I have a good friend who is from CR, his SIL is a judge there. If your daughter ends up going there, I could see if he could help put her in touch with some friendly locals for support. 

1 minute ago, LenP said:

Beautiful country. I have a good friend who is from CR, his SIL is a judge there. If your daughter ends up going there, I could see if he could help put her in touch with some friendly locals for support. 

how cool!  thanks - and take care.

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I was wrong, peace corp has some short volunteer gigs. Will have her check it out. Her life, right?

That it is. My son went to BUDS and broke half his body, now he is working on his Masters in psychology at Kings College in London. Not a typical path, but it worked for him. 

13 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
14 minutes ago, LenP said:

how cool!  thanks - and take care.

I also have some friends in CR - mostly in and around la Fortuna.  One owns "Down to Earth" coffee.  Matias is a blast!  Happy to help introduce, if needed.

3 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

So every time a public leader ask the public to stay calm it's a "lie". OK sure, that's useful. 

It is entirely possible, and leaderly if that is a word, to tell the American people that they are facing a crisis but the best thing to do is remain calm. Tie this to a let's all pull together message (masks, distancing, closures as needed) and you have a winning formula, but Trump has been a loser his whole life and just covered the losing with bullshit knowing some people are dumb enough to fall for it - as is Eva Dent here.

I have been giving this a lot of thought today. I’ve listened to and have read some people who I know claiming that Bob Woodward is a liar and everything he’s written is fake even if it is a matter of public knowledge now and recorded.
   My only point in this post is that I believe a Woodward is partially complicit in that if he had information That refuted the presidents own words a few weeks later, instead of trying to wait and make a buck on the book he should’ve publicly put these out back in March or in April. In the hopes that people will see that the douche bag in chief not only was lying To the people  for himself but possibly could’ve saved lives with the truth. 

• Like 1

Imagine if Trump had been President on Dec 7, 1941

"Hey folks, there was a little misunderstanding in Hawaii today. Not a big deal, I'm very good friends with the Emporer. He really likes me. Yeah, so it was a small misunderstanding, you know, they happen occasionally. Nothing to worry about. We should have never been in Hawaii anyway, and I'm bringing our boys home from all those islands in Asia. They're very far away.

Oh, and had a great call, best call ever with my friend the Chancellor. He says the new French gov't is very happy with the Germans, they don't need our help now. "

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

I see nothing wrong here. 

Very serious stuff. Acknowledgement that it's a big deal. 

"maybe 5 times more deadly than flu" an underestimate of how bad it really is, So was Trump misinformed or did no one know at that time. 

"Don't want to panic people". A perfectly appropriate response to a difficult fluid situation.

If there was fire in the theatre and you don't want to panic people, do you switch off the alarms and sprinkler system?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

If you divide total_deaths/cumulative_cases the US is about 2.99%, and the world on the whole is 3.24%.

The extreme differences in the reporting processes between States and the extreme politicization of this health emergency means that anyone doubting the accuracy of the US numbers, is just being realistic.

Given that some other countries will also have 'reporting' problems, either real or fabricated, that make the US figure even more suspect.  After all, they aren't recognized as having accessible health care.

4 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

No, 

Are you saying Trump should have pulled the OH shit lever and gone into full panic mode? 

You fucks would have eaten him alive if he shut down all of our borders in Jan/Feb. 

Are you saying that unlike the rest of the world, Americans are prone to panic?

Personally,( apart from a fear of going short of toilet paper,) I haven't seen any evidence of any other nation panicking.  

Are you implying that you are a nation of snowflakes?

If there's one thing MB is really really good at, it's deflecting your outrage to old worn paths and off the point of the OP. 

He'll be tag teaming with Dog any time soon.

Why do you let them do this?

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's why I added the 9/11 example for the brain-dead nationalists.

I am dating a Radiologist who keeps me grounded.  I think there's something to be said for dating someone smarter, easy for Trump supporters.  We had to work a bit harder.  

5 hours ago, badlatitude said:

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.

And at that point Bob Woodward should have taken copies of that tape and sent it out to the media in the hopes of putting Trump on the right track.  In$tead Woodward $at on it for 7 month$$$ while 190,000 Americans died.

• Like 4

Just now, Jules said:

And at that point Bob Woodward should have taken copies of that tape and sent it out to the media in the hopes of putting Trump on the right track.  In$tead Woodward $at on it for 7 month$$$ while 190,000 Americans died.

That bothered me. Woodward put his book, his income, and his celebrity interviews above common sense and a lot of people who would have appreciated a few more years with their family or friends.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dacapo said:

I have been giving this a lot of thought today. I’ve listened to and have read some people who I know claiming that Bob Woodward is a liar and everything he’s written is fake even if it is a matter of public knowledge now and recorded.
   My only point in this post is that I believe a Woodward is partially complicit in that if he had information That refuted the presidents own words a few weeks later, instead of trying to wait and make a buck on the book he should’ve publicly put these out back in March or in April. In the hopes that people will see that the douche bag in chief not only was lying To the people  for himself but possibly could’ve saved lives with the truth. 

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

True, but then the idiots would have forgotten by April, Trump would have continued to hold bigger and totally unprotected rallys and even more people would be dead. Hard call..Shame that Trump can't make them.

What did Trump think Woodward was going to do with this material? Release it in March, so he could play it down, find another squirrel  and continue on his merry way. Well he didn't, he sat on it and now hopefully Trump's finally dead.

Woodward defends decision to withhold Trump’s virus comments

“He tells me this, and I’m thinking, ‘Wow, that’s interesting, but is it true?’ Trump says things that don’t check out, right?” Woodward told the AP during a telephone interview. Using a famous phrase from the Watergate era, when Woodward’s reporting for the Post helped lead to President Richard Nixon’s resignation, Woodward said his mission was to determine, “What did he know and when did he know it?”

https://apnews.com/99916044401d8f8e24eb7bedfec1d5d2?

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Are you saying that unlike the rest of the world, Americans are prone to panic?

Personally,( apart from a fear of going short of toilet paper,) I haven't seen any evidence of any other nation panicking.  

Are you implying that you are a nation of snowflakes?

It depends on which party controls the White House. Now it is no problem, remain calm, all is well. Real Americans are In Control. 

Let Ebola pop up with a democRAT in charge during an election year and you’ll see a full blown Foxy frenzy. It even killed a couple of people in the US. Turrifying! 

56 minutes ago, Jules said:
6 hours ago, badlatitude said:

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.

Completely agree

What is a good word for people who have insider knowledge of very serious malfeasance, and don't do or say anything about it because they plan to use their knowledge at a more advantageous time..... "complicit" jumps to mind

- DSK

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I’ve heard the tape now. 

Don’t listen to it, bullshitters. Play it like a report you haven’t read. Do what you would teach your kids not to do...bullshit it up. 

Where can you hear them?

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Completely agree

What is a good word for people who have insider knowledge of very serious malfeasance, and don't do or say anything about it because they plan to use their knowledge at a more advantageous time..... "complicit" jumps to mind

- DSK

My words exactly. :(

9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Completely agree

- DSK

Complicit is good for me too.

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Completely agree

- DSK

You think he was complicit? The whole top administration knew, most of the senate and house would have been briefed. The Rs stood by their man and let him actively damage the response.

Woodward publishing earlier wouldn't have changed a thing, remember trump took it seriously for a day or two even said its a war and then some days later brought out a witchdoctor to support his turnaround.

It does not matter what he says or does. His team will find a way to deflect, deny and blame others.

• Like 1