Borax Johnson

USCG Document replacement

Yay COVID. Can't find my current USCG Document. Boat is in Mexico. The Marina wants a copy. Fair dinkum. I know I can get a replacement, but does it come with some sore of stamp like "replacement" or other that could cause delays?

Thanks!

I don't think it'll say "replacement" but it will take a while these days.

Why isn't it on the boat?  Isn't that where it's required to be while afloat? 

• Like 1

If you don't mind the change in  issue and expiry dates and the excess fees, I think you can renew any time. IME, that gets you the regular old document dated from the time the renewal is granted.

I use the Mary Conlin company in Los Angeles. They handled my quite complicated documentation issue, on buying my boat, beautifully and have been wonderfully supportive in helping me respond to tax questions, regarding this purchase, as well. They send me documentation quickly and are quite fair in their fees.

And send the document request to the bona fide USCG address I mention this because there are a few scams floating about on the internet regarding the renewing of USCG docs, don’t be their next sucker.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Borax Johnson said:

It is "mostly" on the boat. Moisture and mildew are not friendly. Just do not want to compound already difficult times.

We keep ours in a double-sealed see-though plastic pouch.  No moisture or mildew.  Dessicant packs could be included to ensure crispy dryness in tropics. 

Live and learn about the ziplock. I didn't think it would be this long until i got back. Thought I'd be heading north back in '20. Now it's looking like the Great Delivery of '21.