Burning Man

A pandemic cure

I’ve been drinking fair quantities of Gin & tonic for the last several years and I have not caught malaria, yellow fever or similar.  Even while spending lots of time in E Africa. So it must work. 

I’m now trying to figure out what alcohol mix is appropriate for the prevention & treatment of COVID.  For All of you who haven’t gotten sick yet, please share your Secret anti-COVID recipes. 

I have used a combination of G&T and good Canadian beer. Seems to work, at least for me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

shit I'm screwed had to give up MT gay rum 3 years ago

Ist okaye, juste replaice it withe a goode rum.............                         :)

5 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ist okaye, juste replaice it withe a goode rum.............                         :)

can't have none of it, :( just the diet coke, you have to have a LIVER to LIVE, if you get my drift

the secret for this is the quinine in the tonic...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

I’ve been drinking fair quantities of Gin & tonic for the last several years and I have not caught malaria, yellow fever or similar.  Even while spending lots of time in E Africa. So it must work. 

I’m now trying to figure out what alcohol mix is appropriate for the prevention & treatment of COVID.  For All of you who haven’t gotten sick yet, please share your Secret anti-COVID recipes. 

image.thumb.png.d1f461c8460ae89306ab1bba4f9d07a2.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I have used a combination of G&T and good Canadian beer. Seems to work, at least for me.

Please tell us more about "good Canadian beer"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Drinking alone from breakfast until bedtime has been working for me.

Learned from Boomer, Beer and V-8...its good for what ales you.

6 hours ago, nacradriver said:

image.thumb.png.d1f461c8460ae89306ab1bba4f9d07a2.png

Actually a client of mine is in Amish Country. At first with stay-at-home there wasn't any problem.  But once allowed to gather again, their weddings are with 1,000 people all singing in a group at the top of their lungs and Covid spread fast and furious through the Amish.

Who'd a thunk?

Local Craft IPA and a single malt if I am feeling peckish.  So far, so good.  An application of tobackky in a no additive ciggy (or fag for some youse guys) to keep my lungs working and my stress level down.

who's been tested?

I am enjoying the assumption that I have not gotten the virus and so my regime must be effective against it. That said, I think a large number of the population, possibly myself included, could be carrying it, and unaware. I havent been tested, no symptoms.

So to answer the question, i recommend a dry red, particularly nuanced with the smokey environs, followed by a finger or two of scotch (to your palate), occasionally preceded with a punchy gin drink - may i suggest a Negroni. Food optional.

G & T, my cousin also,  although he sticks to really good gin and top grade tonic and I roll with the cheap stuff- my doctor approves btw, in moderation - hey, umpteen thousand Brits in India can't be wrong!

5 minutes ago, luminary said:

who's been tested?

I am enjoying the assumption that I have not gotten the virus and so my regime must be effective against it. That said, I think a large number of the population, possibly myself included, could be carrying it, and unaware. I havent been tested, no symptoms.

So to answer the question, i recommend a dry red, particularly nuanced with the smokey environs, followed by a finger or two of scotch (to your palate), occasionally preceded with a punchy gin drink - may i suggest a Negroni. Food optional.

Hmmm, I think you're onto something.  I have been tested (negative) and frequently imbibe in all of the above (single malt Scotch, Red wine, and Gin - with the occasional anejo agave Tequila for balance).  So maybe there is something to this medicinal liquid intake to stave off the Covid cooties.  

On a more serious note - As far as testing goes..... unless you are getting test 1-2x per week, it's a pointless exercise.  I got tested once back in July after some co-workers came down with Cv19.  It took 12 days to get the results back and I was already back at work by then after a two week quarantine.  Even if results come back quicker, you could easily get exposed the day after your nasal swab was taken and be infected by the time your results came back negative.  

Turns out that nicotine appears to be a covid antagonist. So, its probably the cigar rather than the whiskey.  To be safe, I will still try both. 

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

I can attest.......G&T does not protect against COVID. Neither does single malt scotch.

Crap!  

18 hours ago, pbd said:

Please tell us more about "good Canadian beer"

This’ll get you started should you choose to visit once the border opens up again. We’ve traditionally exported (or through cross brewer contracts) what is domestically considered bottom of the barrel. Nobody in there right mind would drink Molson Golden or Labatts  Blue up here.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/top-rated/ca/

For what it’s worth, lately  my anti viral loading has mainly  consisted of Macallan 12 accompanied w (shudder!!) PBR small cans(brewed under contract in Ontario), so maybe the pandemic has thrown my beer taste buds for a loop!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Point Break said:

I can attest.......G&T does not protect against COVID. Neither does single malt scotch.

A bit of a hijack here, PB, if you don't mind sharing, after your infection, did you ever get tested for Covid antibodies?  If so were you positive or negative?

19 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Local Craft IPA and a single malt if I am feeling peckish.  So far, so good.  An application of tobackky in a no additive ciggy (or fag for some youse guys) to keep my lungs working and my stress level down.

I thought you had quit. 

27 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I thought you had quit. 

Doing hurricane disaster work again, consider it temporary medication. 

2zfikc.jpg