Mid

PROTECT THE RESULTS

PREVENTING A CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS

Throughout American history, when a president has lost re-election, he has always stepped down willingly. Accepting the will of the people, and allowing a peaceful transition of power, is a hallmark of American democracy.

But today, Trump routinely ignores democratic norms and continues to chip away at democratic institutions. In 2016, Trump repeatedly threatened not to accept the election results, and Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen has warned Congress that “given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020, there will never be a peaceful transition of power.” Most recently, Trump even threatened to “deploy the United States military” against the American people to quash peaceful protests. There is no line he won’t cross.

With COVID-19 poised to wreak havoc for months to come, the threat to our democracy is particularly acute. As Congress works to expand mail-in voting and in-person early voting, we must prevent Trump from using this moment to sow discord, confusion, and doubt on the November election results.

We cannot ignore the threat that Trump poses to our democracy and a peaceful transition. We will stand together to ensure that if Trump loses the 2020 presidential election he will not throw our country into a constitutional crisis. We will honor the valid results of the 2020 election, ensure that every vote is counted, and show up to demand that the losing candidate put their ego aside and concede for the good of our country.

Can his his supporters here (or those who defend him, but don't necessarily support him) acknowledge this?   Just trying to confirm we are fucked.   Thanks, in advance. 

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Can his his supporters here (or those who defend him, but don't necessarily support him) acknowledge this?   Just trying to confirm we are fucked.   Thanks, in advance. 

I think you might be.

4 hours ago, benwynn said:

Acknowledge what?

4 hours ago, benwynn said:

1037790829_george_jungle_laugh1.gif.981b21254c7ddff710dc281ba822ec1b.gif

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Acknowledge what?

We have to forgive Dog.

Trump lovers are so beleaguered at this point, normal debate and conversation is impossible.

Think of their limitations like political Jeopardy: they can only reply if there is a lie to defend or an accusation to deflect.

All answers should also include (or wholly consist of) whataboutism.

Lets help them out.

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

Acknowledge what?

The very real possibility the President may not accept the results of the election.

And, before you start with the "When did he say he wouldn't?" crap - "I'll have to see."

That's like not answering the question "Are blacks people?"

The correct answer to both is "Of course."

• Like 1

And why should @Dog, or really, any Republican want an orderly succession?

Their party platform is to support their Dear Leader. Historically, our two political parties use the convention to set the agenda for the next four years whether or not they gain the presidency.

11 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Their party platform is to support their Dear Leader. Historically, our two political parties use the convention to set the agenda for the next four years whether or not they gain the presidency.

Because the future of the Union depends on it.

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Depends on what?

30 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Depends on what?

Philly: And why should Dog, or really, any Republican want an orderly succession?

Dog: Because the future of the Union depends on it.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Philly: And why should Dog, or really, any Republican want an orderly succession?

Dog: Because the future of the Union depends on it.

In Post #5 you seemed confused.  Now, you seem to understand.  There may be hope for you, yet.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Depends on what?

That depends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

In Post #5 you seemed confused.  Now, you seem to understand.  There may be hope for you, yet.

Yes...In post 5 I am expressing confusion about what it is Benwynn is asking to be acknowledged.  Can you help?

Sorry I missed your post 8. So Ben was asking for acknowledgement of a possibility. I didn't read it that way but whatever... I suppose it is possible. 

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

The very real possibility the President may not accept the results of the election.

And, before you start with the "When did he say he wouldn't?" crap - "I'll have to see."

That's like not answering the question "Are blacks people?"

The correct answer to both is "Of course."

Because the Dems have accepted the results of the last election, 

59 minutes ago, Dog said:

Why do you give a shit what she says?  I don't.

Of course, we could always play that game of dragging up commentary and quotes from people with whom we disagree as evidence of a problem.  But, that would just be an exercise in jerking off.  Hoping that isn't what you'd like to spend time doing.

1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

There will ALWAYS be people who don't "accept" the results of an election.  Primarily because they don't LIKE the results.

We were treated to 8 years of that when the guy who wore a tan suit was POTUS.

Were you raising this issue back then?

I suspect there will be a huge cluster f surrounding the issue of ballot signature verification. Not so much of a problem for normal in person voting with poll workers checking on the spot.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for Trump to concede. Another reason he needs to be beaten soundly.

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Why do you give a shit what she says?  I don't.

Of course, we could always play that game of dragging up commentary and quotes from people with whom we disagree as evidence of a problem.  But, that would just be an exercise in jerking off.  Hoping that isn't what you'd like to spend time doing.

Why didn't you say that to the author of this thread?

I kinda hope he does refuse to leave.

Then we get to see this.

Trump Leaving.jpg

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Why didn't you say that to the author of this thread?

Oh, for fuck's sake.  Are you really that into keeping score?

The OP calls for citizens to protect the integrity of the election, given the very real possibility the President refuses to accept the outcome.  Do you really have a problem with that?

The President had an opportunity to say he would respect the outcome and he refused to do so.  No matter how you twist and turn that, he WOULD NOT say "Yes" to the question "can you give a direct answer that you will accept the election?”

The question is not a "gotcha".  It is a fair question, especially in light of all the rumblings from the President about rigging and what has been found in how the Russians did interfere in 2016 and are doing so, again.

And, you respond with a deflection to focus on Hillary.  Let it go.  She's done.  Good riddance.  Folks on the right need to stop bringing up Hillary.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh, for fuck's sake.  Are you really that into keeping score?

The OP calls for citizens to protect the integrity of the election, given the very real possibility the President refuses to accept the outcome.  Do you really have a problem with that?

The President had an opportunity to say he would respect the outcome and he refused to do so.  No matter how you twist and turn that, he WOULD NOT say "Yes" to the question "can you give a direct answer that you will accept the election?”

The question is not a "gotcha".  It is a fair question, especially in light of all the rumblings from the President about rigging and what has been found in how the Russians did interfere in 2016 and are doing so, again.

And, you respond with a deflection to focus on Hillary.  Let it go.  She's done.  Good riddance.  Folks on the right need to stop bringing up Hillary.

She's obviously not gone and her suggestion that Biden should not concede under any circumstance has support in some Democratic circles. I don't really don't consider the possibility of Trump refusing to accept the outcome much of an issue, if the result is clear he will be removed. The real danger is the possibility of a disputed election. A possibility greatly enhanced by extensive use of mail-in voting. Now that could be fucking ugly.

10 hours ago, Dog said:
10 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Not if the party platform is simple: Support our Dear Leader and anything he says.

So, the Republican party does not, in effect, have any plans for the future other than to support Donald J Trump.

Their survival depends on his being re-elected. Otherwise, they have no clue what to do next.

That's where the guns and AG Barr come in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

She's obviously not gone and her suggestion that Biden should not concede under any circumstance has support in some Democratic circles. I don't really don't consider the possibility of Trump refusing to accept the outcome much of an issue, if the result is clear he will be removed. The real danger is the possibility of a disputed election. A possibility greatly enhanced by extensive use of mail-in voting. Now that could be fucking ugly.

I would love to see a cite that supports what you said in bold.  I doubt more than a handful are paying her any mind.

Meanwhile, Roger Stone is calling for President Trump to declare Martial Law.  How you feeling about that?

Probably how I feel about Hillary.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I would love to see a cite that supports what you said in bold.  I doubt more than a handful are paying her any mind.

Meanwhile, Roger Stone is calling for President Trump to declare Martial Law.  How you feeling about that?

I pay about as much attention to Stone as you do to Hillary.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:
14 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I pay about as much attention to Stone as you do to Hillary.

Highlight the area between what I posted and my signature.  But, you feel her comments need to be addressed.

Anyway, you Shirley have a cite to back up your assertion Ms. Clinton's suggestion "has support in some Democratic circles".

19 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Not if the party platform is simple: Support our Dear Leader and anything he says.

So, the Republican party does not, in effect, have any plans for the future other than to support Donald J Trump.

Their survival depends on his being re-elected. Otherwise, they have no clue what to do next.

That's where the guns and AG Barr come in.

Oh, they know what to do if Trump doesn't win, which would be anything possible to block a democratic agenda, pretty much their strategy during the Obama administration.

16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Do you honestly thing Dog, Joker and the rest of the numpties will "accept" the election if Trump loses?

They will follow Trump's lead, so I absolutely double-damned guarantee you the people who told us to "quit whining" when Florida was handed to Bush by the SCOTUS before the votes were all counted will be screeching so loudly and shrilly about how unfair and corrupt this election was you're going to want to install a fucking radial saw in your living room to get yourself some comparative quiet from their caterwauling.

15 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

There was proven interference in the last election from a foreign power. I know you lot are OK with that as long as your side wins, but some of us are not.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Do you honestly thing Dog, Joker and the rest of the numpties will "accept" the election if Trump loses?

They will follow Trump's lead, so I absolutely double-damned guarantee you the people who told us to "quit whining" when Florida was handed to Bush by the SCOTUS before the votes were all counted will be screeching so loudly and shrilly about how unfair and corrupt this election was you're going to want to install a fucking radial saw in your living room to get yourself some comparative quiet from their caterwauling.

That’s beautiful writing, man.

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I intend to. We all need to accept the results because the process is more important than the result.

I do find it suspect that some, Democrats mostly, would have us adopt less secure methods of voting.

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

There was proven interference in the last election from a foreign power. I know you lot are OK with that as long as your side wins, but some of us are not.

And there was spying on the Trump campaign by the Obama administration. There were investigations based on fictions. There have been  a continuous series of initiatives intended to undermine the elected president. Regardless the outcome lets hope we don't see more of that shit.

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

And there was spying on the Trump campaign by the Obama administration. There were investigations based on fictions. There have been  a continuous series of initiatives intended to undermine the elected president. Regardless the outcome lets hope we don't see more of that shit.

Ummm...everyone but you and Donald Trump know this was horseshit, but OK.

18 minutes ago, Dog said:

I intend to. We all need to accept the results because the process is more important than the result.

I do find it suspect that some, Democrats mostly, would have us adopt less secure methods of voting.

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

This is some grade A horseshit you’ve been peddling despite the Repuuled Intelligence Committee report on Russia’s efforts to have an impact on our 2016 election.

Once again, GOP stalwarts and Trump worshipping twits ignore expert and informed opinion in order to peddle in QAnon conspiracy and Hannity factoids.

If you repeat it often enough, Dog will believe it. He’s easily trained. Good @Dog.

Wow.

So the beacon of democracy is acknowledging that it is no longer a functioning democracy?

You guys are completely fucked

4 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

This is some grade A horseshit you’ve been peddling despite the Repuuled Intelligence Committee report on Russia’s efforts to have an impact on our 2016 election.

Once again, GOP stalwarts and Trump worshipping twits ignore expert and informed opinion in order to peddle in QAnon conspiracy and Hannity factoids.

If you repeat it often enough, Dog will believe it. He’s easily trained. Good @Dog.

Clearly you can't refute it and with good reason....it happened.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Are you by any chance a Russian agent? Asking for a friend. 

19 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

But, that would just be an exercise in jerking off.  Hoping that isn't what you'd like to spend time doing.

@Dog spends his days in PA with his pants down masturbating in public.

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Trump encourages mail voting in Florida but sues in Nevada

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump tweeted Tuesday. “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail!”

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

You have finally lost your mind. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Trump encourages mail voting in Florida but sues in Nevada

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump tweeted Tuesday. “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail!”

WTF??

Why hasn't anyone raised the question that Trump gets direct prompting and instruction from Russia? How else would people have cause to say this:

Source: Huffington Post

President Donald Trump’s repeated complaints that the presidential election is rigged dovetails perfectly with Russia’s strategy for creating chaos and voter confusion in the U.S., a former top intelligence official warned Sunday. 

“That message that you can’t trust our system, that you can’t trust the vote, that you can’t trust the other party — that you can’t trust — is exactly what the Russians, particularly, hope to achieve,” said Sue Gordon, former deputy director of national intelligence. 

“Their aim would be to sow the divisions and to get Americans to say, ‘You know what? It’s not worth it. I can’t trust it. We’re not going to vote,‘” Gordon noted on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” 

Trump has a particular responsibility to instill trust in the election, Gordon said.

Read more: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-rigged-election-russia-sue-gordon_n_5f5ef099c5b6b4850802809c 

Donald Trump is a straight up traitor.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:34 AM, Dog said:

This horseshit video does not include the question that she was answering. It was likely "What should happen if Trump loses but doesn't concede?" Or maybe not. Either way, it's incomplete and therefore a misleading video. Figures that the Doggie would share it.

Now, @Dog, instead of distracting from the question, answer it: what will you do if Trump loses the election but refuses to concede or leave the White House?

Lol... if the left didn’t have Fake News , they would not have any news.  What a crazy rumor you are wallowing in .... 

so much for the elite and educated 

5 minutes ago, Nice! said:

This horseshit video does not include the question that she was answering. It was likely "What should happen if Trump loses but doesn't concede?" Or maybe not. Either way, it's incomplete and therefore a misleading video. Figures that the Doggie would share it.

Now, @Dog, instead of distracting from the question, answer it: what will you do if Trump loses the election but refuses to concede or leave the White House?

If that happens I will support his forced removal. I'm more concerned about the following scenario from an article in the Atlantic...

“I find myself truly worried about only one scenario: that Trump will win reelection and Democrats and others on the left will be unwilling, even unable, to accept the result”.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/democrats-may-not-be-able-concede/616321/

Just now, Dog said:

If that happens I will support his forced removal. I'm more concerned about the following scenario from an article in the Atlantic...

“I find myself truly worried about only one scenario: that Trump will win reelection and Democrats and others on the left will be unwilling, even unable, to accept the result”.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/democrats-may-not-be-able-concede/616321/

You mean like in 2016 when Hillary stormed the White House and demanded to be allowed into the oval?

Oh right, that didn't happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dog said:

Bullshit.  You are hoping that happens.  For two reasons.

You get to keep President Trump in office.

You will quietly delight when federal troops crush protesters.

12 hours ago, Dog said:

Clearly you can't refute it and with good reason....it happened.

Oh alt-dog... Then with the pro-Trump Justice Dept, after almost 4 years why isn't a single person in jail for these egregious crimes?  Yet nearly all of his election cronies felons.  Can you explain how "they" let that happen?  And who "they" is?

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Democrats have proven that they are mature enough to accept defeat in 2016, and patriotic enough not to force the country through a protracted legal battle (2000).

But if you thought paper towels were scarce once the pandemic got rollin, just try and find Kleenex if Trump wins again.

57 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Democrats have proven that they are mature enough to accept defeat in 2016, and patriotic enough not to force the country through a protracted legal battle (2000).

But if you thought paper towels were scarce once the pandemic got rollin, just try and find Kleenex if Trump wins again.

There will be a rash of posts in the requisite places about how to get semen stains off an AR-15.

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

If that happens I know many have sworn they will be leaving for good, of course they will still be paying their taxes but that's still a very serious threat! :lol: 

We've been helping a client navigate his move to Cyprus.  250k invested in the country and you're a citizen!

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

We've been helping a client navigate his move to Cyprus.  250k invested in the country and you're a citizen!

Can you get me into Aotearoa ?  

Unless I am completely wrong about your net worth, no fucking way!

(if ya got an extra 5M lying around, I'm your guy though)

15 hours ago, Sean said:

Are you by any chance a Russian agent? Asking for a friend. 

No chance, Putin hires more competent agents than this. He has Donald as his 'Useful Idiot'. Those making sure the UI gets elected need to be pretty sharp and the Pooch isn't. How many people here has the Dog convinced to support Trump?

49 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

No chance, Putin hires more competent agents than this. He has Donald as his 'Useful Idiot'. Those making sure the UI gets elected need to be pretty sharp and the Pooch isn't. How many people here has the Dog convinced to support Trump?

Nobody without the big "T" brand on their foreheads already

branding.jpg.

15 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

PM me would ya clean.....  Got 6MM burning a hole in my pocket.....  

16 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

It's going to be a booming sector of legal work if Trump wins again. 

Ten years from now, overheard in some pleasant peaceful place (in an American accent): "Yeah we were smart, we got out before the total collapse. Our lawyer did a great job. Bald guy, always smelled of weed."

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 4:02 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

Which part? Turkey or Greece? Going to get intersting there with the claims on natural resources lately by those two countries ;) Would not be my preferred location to resettle :)

On 9/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, roundthebuoys said:

Oh alt-dog... Then with the pro-Trump Justice Dept, after almost 4 years why isn't a single person in jail for these egregious crimes?  Yet nearly all of his election cronies felons.  Can you explain how "they" let that happen?  And who "they" is?

Derp State

derp_state.jpg.00201b4f101fa4881338f40a6ea89a5e.jpg

On 9/15/2020 at 2:32 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

That's $5M NZD.

About $3.5M USD.

Not that I've looked...

9 hours ago, shaggy said:

Got 6MM burning a hole in my pocket.....  

She had to be disappointed, that's not even a quarter inch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:
9 hours ago, shaggy said:

Got 6MM burning a hole in my pocket.....  

She had to be disappointed, that's not even a quarter inch.

I didn't know Glock made them that small.

• Like 1

Just now, Ishmael said:

I didn't know Glock made them that small.

I don't think that was a Glock in his pocket.

At 6mm, you couldn't even tell if he was happy to see her.

One of the first dates with my wife..  Is that a banana in your pocket or...  

Never mind....  B)

11 hours ago, Marty6 said:

Which part? Turkey or Greece? Going to get intersting there with the claims on natural resources lately by those two countries ;) Would not be my preferred location to resettle :)

That's why it's only 250k compared to the millions required by countries you'd like to live in

9 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's $5M NZD.

About $3.5M USD.

Not that I've looked...

lol

doesn't need to be cash though, right?  I'm sure Michael Cohen can hook you up with some great asset appraisers...

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

lol

doesn't need to be cash though, right?  I'm sure Michael Cohen can hook you up with some great asset appraisers...

I believe it has to be "investment in a NZ business" or some such thing.

But apparently buying a farm is a "business" so some work it that way. Personally I'd go for a winery.

15 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I believe it has to be "investment in a NZ business" or some such thing.

But apparently buying a farm is a "business" so some work it that way. Personally I'd go for a winery.

Lots of ways to skin that cat.  Gimme a shout if you're serious.  

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

Lots of ways to skin that cat.  Gimme a shout if you're serious.  

If I suddenly come into some money I'll let you know.

A.G. Bill Barr has an opinion on this...

"You know liberals project," Barr said. "You know, the president is going to stay in office and seize power and all of this shit."

"I’ve never heard of any of that crap," he said. "I mean, I’m the attorney general. I would think I would have heard about it. They are projecting. They are creating an incendiary situation where there will be loss of confidence in the vote."

"Someone will say the president just won Nevada. ‘Oh, wait a minute! We just discovered 100,000 ballots! Every vote will be counted!’ Yeah, but we don’t know where these freaking votes came from," Barr said.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/09/15/bill_barr_democrats_projecting_with_idea_trump_will_stay_in_office_and_seize_power_and_all_this_shit.html

Yep. 

Dan Coats: “Our democracy’s enemies, foreign and domestic, want us to concede in advance that our voting systems are faulty or fraudulent; that sinister conspiracies have distorted the political will of the people; that our public discourse has been perverted by the news media and social networks riddled with prejudice, lies and ill will; that judicial institutions, law enforcement and even national security have been twisted, misused and misdirected to create anxiety and conflict, not justice and social peace.”

“If those are the results of this tumultuous election year, we are lost, no matter which candidate wins. No American, and certainly no American leader, should want such an outcome. Total destruction and sowing salt in the earth of American democracy is a catastrophe well beyond simple defeat and a poison for generations. An electoral victory on these terms would be no victory at all. The judgment of history, reflecting on the death of enlightened democracy, would be harsh.”