Sign in to follow this  
Blue Crab

Serious Question

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Thanks

Never heard of these guys, very cool

- DSK

Really..they were huge in the Ska circuit. Well in the UK and Oz.

• Like 1

Um no

Madness are an English ska band from Camden Town, North London, who formed in 1976. One of the most prominent bands of the late 1970s and early 1980s two-tone ska revival, they continue to perform with six of the seven members of their original line-up.[2]

The most successful period for the band was from 1980 to 1986, when Madness spent 214 weeks on the UK singles charts. UB40 shared the same number of weeks, the largest for any British group in the decade, but over a longer period

7 minutes ago, frenchie said:

They were famous, briefly, in the 80's.  This might ring a bell:

:P

4 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Wasn't a Madness song the theme of the "Young Ones"?

Nah that was the Cliff Richards& shadows. Madness often featured in the show though.

As did Alexei Sayle :D 

Hullo John, got new motor?

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
5 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Wasn't a Madness song the theme of the "Young Ones"?

Nah that was the Cliff Richards& shadows. Madness often featured in the show though.

I was in the Navy then, limited exposure to pop culture.

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

I was in the Navy then, limited exposure to pop culture.

- DSK

Wasn't really "pop culture"

But with it's subversive foreground I get that you wouldn't be popular in the USA Navy mess..or galley or whatever you call a ships dining room.

Never too late :D

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

If that's so..Do you think there could be a possible reason for that?

Assuming you are not trolling, DUH profit.  And proving the fraud would be exceedingly difficult.   I have heard car crash victims being charged as Covid-related.   “If they didn’t have COVID, perhaps they could have avoided the wreck.” 

15 minutes ago, Snore said:

Assuming you are not trolling, DUH profit.  And proving the fraud would be exceedingly difficult.   I have heard car crash victims being charged as Covid-related.   “If they didn’t have COVID, perhaps they could have avoided the wreck.” 

Er No..Duh.

A corona virus patient in hospital needs a lot more resources. Isolation, quarantining, possible ventilators,full PPE for all nurses, docs..everytime they take your temp, etc etc etc.  A bit more complex than treating a patient with Flu.

Have you ever been inside a Coronavirus ward?  I have.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Er No..Duh.

A corona virus patient in hospital needs a lot more resources. Isolation, quarantining, possible ventilators,full PPE for all nurses, docs..everytime they take your temp, etc etc etc.  A bit more complex than treating a patient with Flu.

Have you ever been inside a Coronavirus ward?  I have.

Agreed.  The care level and costs PER DAY are higher.  As I read the article the premium is “per patient” not “per day”.  So a hospital that has a patient who presents at the ER, is admitted and dies the next day get the same premium as a patient who presents at the ER, is admitted, survives for 5,10,15 day’s and dies.   Clearly. The second example has a higher cost of care. 

When I first heard the story of car crash victims being coded as “COVID-related” I called bullshit.  But the US rules incentivize the hospitals to increase “COVID-related” case numbers.   So it looks like the story I got was true. 

Once again I am not a Trump fan.  He has done enough not to merit re-election.   But skewing the death count gives Trumpettes and Q facts to stand on.  If “they” take the high route and correct the stats the country would be better served.  

PS if you are a health care provider who works in those wards- a definite tip of my cap!

• Like 1

Some real life experience. Stanford has a floor for COVID only. All normal care is fully suited up.

did you know that every patient coming into the ER is treated as Covid until a negative test result ? Takes 4-6 hours. Why? Cause they have to. The risk to staff and other patients is too high. 

so, yeah, a car crash victim is going to be treated as Covid until they aren’t. There’s no other choice.

I’ve recently experienced the ER, tested negative for COVID which is cool. But everyone I saw for 6 hours looked like they were in hazmat suits and the Drs were on iPads.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Bored old people watching Fox News end up being terrified of everything :rolleyes:

Yes.  MIL got put into psych ward in April.  Watched fox 24/7.  never left house etc etc etc..  It is evil...

2 hours ago, Snore said:

Agreed.  The care level and costs PER DAY are higher.  As I read the article the premium is “per patient” not “per day”.  So a hospital that has a patient who presents at the ER, is admitted and dies the next day get the same premium as a patient who presents at the ER, is admitted, survives for 5,10,15 day’s and dies.   Clearly. The second example has a higher cost of care. 

When I first heard the story of car crash victims being coded as “COVID-related” I called bullshit.  But the US rules incentivize the hospitals to increase “COVID-related” case numbers.   So it looks like the story I got was true. 

So your "research" consists of a USA Today article (bastion of quality investigative journalism that it is) that says this:

"There have been no public reports that hospitals are exaggerating COVID-19 numbers to receive higher Medicare payments.

Jensen didn't explicitly make that claim. He simply suggested there is an "avenue" to do so now that "plausible" COVID-19, not just laboratory-confirmed, cases can be greenlighted for Medicare payment and eligible for the 20% add-on allowed under the relief act."

And... yes, you mis-read the per-patient thing. If you had bothered to read further than USA Today you would have realized it's a 20% add-on to the cost for CV-19 patients. 

This is really on the level of "we think there might be avenues for voter fraud therefore it's rampant and a serious problem" but could better be summed up as "Medicaid patients that cost more will be reimbursed for more". 

3 hours ago, Snore said:

Once again I am not a Trump fan.  He has done enough not to merit re-election.   But skewing the death count gives Trumpettes and Q facts to stand on.  If “they” take the high route and correct the stats the country would be better served.  

PS if you are a health care provider who works in those wards- a definite tip of my cap!

You see stories about huge Medicare fraud too, but the actual rate for fraud is lower than private insurance. And they have gov't auditors, whereas private insurance shrugs off a certain level of fraud as being cheaper than auditing.

This is just anecdotal, of course, but I have not seen any increase in profits of my health-care stocks due to increased profitability of treating COVID or treating probable COVID patients.

- DSK

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snore said:

Well, there's only one solution isn't there?

Single payer.

Let the government set the price on a hospital bed etc.

13 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Ignore AJ. Not put him on ignore, just kind of slide on by. Because he's always outraged about something and always will be. It's very selective outrage, though, so gets boring fast.

FKT

Yep.  His "reich" shit got boring after about the 3rd post.  AJ is the flakiest of all the snow out there.  

10 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:
16 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Exactly what should I do? Steal their TVs?

Take away their car keys. Take away their remotes.

- DSK

Enable parental controls and lock out Fox.

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Yep.  His "reich" shit got boring after about the 3rd post.  AJ is the flakiest of all the snow out there.  

I admire his brazen hypocrisy, but it got old fast. "Please don't post anything bad about Democrats because Republicans are worse".

Come on - fix your own house, that's the functional equivalent of those born-again Christians supporting Trump because he's going to ban abortion. The moral position is appalling and the hypocrisy is stunning.

FKT

7 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

So your "research" consists of a USA Today article (bastion of quality investigative journalism that it is) that says this:

"There have been no public reports that hospitals are exaggerating COVID-19 numbers to receive higher Medicare payments.

Jensen didn't explicitly make that claim. He simply suggested there is an "avenue" to do so now that "plausible" COVID-19, not just laboratory-confirmed, cases can be greenlighted for Medicare payment and eligible for the 20% add-on allowed under the relief act."

And... yes, you mis-read the per-patient thing. If you had bothered to read further than USA Today you would have realized it's a 20% add-on to the cost for CV-19 patients. 

This is really on the level of "we think there might be avenues for voter fraud therefore it's rampant and a serious problem" but could better be summed up as "Medicaid patients that cost more will be reimbursed for more". 

As first mentioned, that was one of many web article.  Here skippy so you can look for yourself.  . https://lmgtfy.app/?q=do+hospitals+get+paid+more+for+covid+deaths  

As noted in my signature below--- it may be time for me to go to sea....

54 minutes ago, Snore said:

As noted in my signature below--- it may be time for me to go to sea....

On that you will have no disagreement from me.

I like to suggest Trumpaloos watch ‘The Music Man’.

It’s cathartic.  I don’t even care if they find any meaning from it-  it’s enough that they spent hours of their life watching a musical.  :lol:

Selling your soul to the devil works too- any of the operatic Fausts or ‘Ghost Rider‘  will do.  Something about choppers on fire....And Trump......:)

3 minutes ago, Amati said:

I like to suggest Trumpaloos watch ‘The Music Man’.

It’s cathartic.  I don’t even care if they find any meaning from it-  it’s enough that they spent hours of their life watching a musical.  :lol:

Selling your soul to the devil works too- any of the operatic Fausts or ‘Ghost Rider‘  will do.  Something about choppers....And Trump......:)

Shirley Jones was a cutie.

It's not ska but this is one of my favorite songs

- DSK

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Shirley Jones was a cutie.

It's not ska but this is one of my favorite songs

- DSK

So was Ivana, Marla, and our current First Lady, but this (below) is the crux of the matter....although it runs circles around Trump, logically.....it’s not the Dead Kennedy’s, but it will do.....

And now, except for a vague similarity in lyrics, here is something completely different

- DSK