DustyDreamer

Sorry Trumpkins, you HAVE been brainwashed

How Fox News Became a Language

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/09/fox-news-trump-language-stelter-hoax/616309/

Remember: When a bully accuses you of something, their simply deflecting their own views of themselves, be it a secret desire, subconscious insecurity... or in this case, the relentless pursuit of ratings. 

"They want to steal your liberty, your freedom. They want to control what you see and think and believe so that they can control how you live. They want to enslave you to the weak, dependent, liberal [Trump] victim ideology to the point that you will not recognize this country or yourself."

Speaking of brainwashed

“Florida’s new justice belongs to Christian group using law to ‘spread the Gospel’“

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-justice-belongs-christian-group-232206214.html

And while we are at it

“Second QAnon supporter wins Republican Senate primary“

https://www.yahoo.com/news/second-qanon-supporter-wins-republican-112120406.html

3 minutes ago, DustyDreamer said:

image.thumb.png.3027025163d4f619ca227a80b5e26fa5.png

10 years ago, I would have said that's got to be a joke. Now, I'm not so sure.

34 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

10 years ago, I would have said that's got to be a joke. Now, I'm not so sure.

3 almost 4 years ago it was a joke, now it’s a bizarre actual reality for some.

Perhaps we need a conspiracy theory that voting for Trump is actually a vote for Biden, mess up the conspirators heads.

• Like 1

Clever people these antifas being able to train small animals to attack. Trumpists will have to train birds to defend against such attacks. I don't think they are up to it.

Great, now I have being badgered on my next hike to look forward to. Just wait until they can train moose. Their bites can be quite nasti, one once bit my sister.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Great, now I have being badgered on my next hike to look forward to. Just wait until they can train moose. Their bites can be quite nasti, one once bit my sister.

Just keep a sharp lookout for the Mexican Whooping Llamas

- DSK

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Do they spit in your general direction?

• Like 1

Just now, Navig8tor said:
4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Do they spit in your general direction?

To be honest, I'm not sure just -what- they do. Whoop, I assume. And it was strongly hinted they get people sacked.

- DSK

42 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

This deserves at least a golf clap.

45 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Those fuckers are sly, too. They hide up in trees and fall on you. You have to watch out for the dropmøøse around here.

• Like 1

the 'reich-wing' is dancing on the ThirdRail! implosion imminent?

Cult:
a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.
"a cult of personality surrounding the leaders"

as Eva Dent

12 minutes ago, d'ranger said:
Cult:
a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.
"a cult of personality surrounding the leaders"

as Eva Dent

Couldn't they get some one with an actual personality?

I just don't see a single attractive feature about Fatty Bonespurs

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Couldn't they get some one with an actual personality?

I just don't see a single attractive feature about Fatty Bonespurs

- DSK

Well, how about ... he looks better going than coming.  

23 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Well, how about ... he looks better going than coming.  

Is that a quote from Stormy?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

This was one of Gingrich's innovations. He created a language, really just a vocabulary, and trained his Contract With America crowd to just repeat it endlessly. Fox News cottoned onto that.

It was based on Goebbels' Big Lie, repetition.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

My point isn't about technique but rather history.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

A moose bit your sister? How much of her was left to bury?

4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Now lets go easy on the Cabernet big fella . . 

19 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

This was one of Gingrich's innovations. He created a language, really just a vocabulary, and trained his Contract With America crowd to just repeat it endlessly. Fox News cottoned onto that.

It was based on Goebbels' Big Lie, repetition.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

My point isn't about technique but rather history.

History repeats.

Sadly it’s just at the end of a lifetime for many who witnessed the horror and the lessons that the rise of fascism provided.

Here we are once again allowing the lies to be told.....unchallenged .

My father fought in the Dutch underground before joining US Forces retaking Italy.

If he were still alive he would be just one of the many outraged that all he fought for was for nought.

Indeed he was one of many that would just a soon put a bullet into a fascist that say hello.

That the fascist is now an American?Well let’s just say it’s perhaps a good thing he is no longer alive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

If he were still alive he would be just one of the many outraged that all he fought for was for nought.

I think it was not. Most of Europe is politically very stable. It's a shame that the country of most of those men who fought mostly for the the freedom of others, because they believed in a better world, is since decades increasingly going down the drain. Power mongers and people glued to their political positions never help a county, they only help themselves.

• Like 1

seems to me that to be brainwashed one would require ...

1 minute ago, Mid said:

seems to me that to be brainwashed one would require ...

A brain...... we know, it’s SAD.

The guy who thinks Republicans killed John Prine thinks others have been brainwashed.

3 hours ago, Marty6 said:

I think it was not.

6 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

:..was for nought.

"Naught'.

14 hours ago, DustyDreamer said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/09/fox-news-trump-language-stelter-hoax/616309/

Remember: When a bully accuses you of something, their simply deflecting their own views of themselves, be it a secret desire, subconscious insecurity... or in this case, the relentless pursuit of ratings. 

"They want to steal your liberty, your freedom. They want to control what you see and think and believe so that they can control how you live. They want to enslave you to the weak, dependent, liberal [Trump] victim ideology to the point that you will not recognize this country or yourself."

Roger Ailes is quoted as having said, "Don't tell people how to think.  They will see that as talking down to them.  Tell them how to FEEL."

If you watch FOX, and now CNN and MSNBC, you will see this formula used all the time.  And since fear, anger and hatred are all powerful emotions, that's what the focus on making you FEEL.

13 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Clever people these antifas being able to train small animals to attack. Trumpists will have to train birds to defend against such attacks. I don't think they are up to it.

Air power- is it over rated?  Although I do love airplanes.....

5 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

A brain...... we know, it’s SAD.

A ganglion will do! :)

edit- Or was that dandelion?<_<