Sign in to follow this  
astro

Do not give up 'Most' People Survive

Heading north, love the signs.  But the water does look good for a swim!

stingers.jpg.f99fc4dcd8db695123e32bbc9f963a16.jpg

And here I thought this was a Covid-19 thread.....

Going to Chucktown, S. Carolina to visit the girls in November. If nothing changes, I will have to self quarantine for 14 days, before returning to work.  I guess that's one way to use up some of my remaining 25 days of PTO this year!  I would rather work and get them paid also, because there is no overtime for PTO weeks, or a week with a Monday holiday...

7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I thouht sombodey hade to pisse on arie of the stinge?

Years ago  when our now 30 something YO daughters were little girls, we stayed on Mom's Gulfstar 43 in Key West.  Went snorkeling with some friends, and our friend Jane got stung by a Man' o War.  The two younger local BN's who were accompanying us pissed in an empty beer can, and Jane poured it on her stung shoulder.  It was so long ago, I don't recall if she got much relief or not, from the stinging.

6 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Going to Chucktown, S. Carolina to visit the girls in November. If nothing changes, I will have to self quarantine for 14 days, before returning to work.  I guess that's one way to use up some of my remaining 25 days of PTO this year!  I would rather work and get them paid also, because there is no overtime for PTO weeks, or a week with a Monday holiday...

Cante worke frome home?

Just now, Snaggletooth said:

Cante worke frome home?

No, I have to be onsite to manage the Machine Repair Dept's Tool Crib, at a major jet engine manufacturer and am in charge of 25-50 G's of material going in and out every week,  but because I work for a Contractor, the pay is lousy, although the benefits are better...  Not complaining, it's all good!!!  Actually happy to have a job to go to every day rather than work from home...   Missus BB's "Honey Do List" might be worse than my shitty pay!!! :lol::ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Tried that once on a friend's wife's leg on St.Barts.  She was more than willing to try anything. It may have helped...but if it worked, the amount of pain sans-piss would have been horrific.  As it was, she described it as being stabbed by a hot knife occurring at random intervals in random parts of her body...for three days.  

4 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

No, I have to be onsite to manage the Machine Repair Dept's Tool Crib, at a major jet engine manufacturer 

P&W?

3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Tried that once on a friend's wife's leg on St.Barts.  She was more than willing to try anything. It may have helped...but if it worked, the amount of pain sans-piss would have been horrific.  As it was, she described it as being stabbed by a hot knife occurring at random intervals in random parts of her body...for three days.  

she juste wantned to see youre junke in actione.................                 :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

she juste wantned to see youre junke in actione.................                 :)

It sure wouldn't be worth it...and even if it was, there were about a million better opportunities for her to have achieved that particular goal.  

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:
17 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

It sure wouldn't be worth it...and even if it was, there were about a million better opportunities for her to have achieved that particular goal.  

Didde she no that?  Hadde you made it cleare to herre?                                     :)

7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Didde she no that?  Hadde you made it cleare to herre?                                     :)

Which part?  The not really worth it, or the general availability for viewing? 

Regrettably, I think she figured that it would be like going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and only looking at the gallery of miniatures.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Years ago  when our now 30 something YO daughters were little girls, we stayed on Mom's Gulfstar 43 in Key West.  Went snorkeling with some friends, and our friend Jane got stung by a Man' o War.  The two younger local BN's who were accompanying us pissed in an empty beer can, and Jane poured it on her stung shoulder.  It was so long ago, I don't recall if she got much relief or not, from the stinging.

Man'O wars are just what we call Blue Bottles, because of the bladder.  We surfed among them and got stung regularly, more of a painful nuisance.  Lymph glands came up for a few days.  We believed that we built up a partial immunity but I did end up in hospital for a night.  It hit me on the waste while waiting for a wave, then washed down my board-shorts and a few tentacles wrapped around my testicles.  Not sure whether the difficulty breathing (which was why the ambulance was called) was pain or toxin induced.  Nurses thought it was funni.

Not even in the same league as a Box Jellyfish.  Pays to take notice of signs in Australia as only 'Most victims survive'.

Golden showers by BNs 

You’ve come a long way Billy Backstay 

could have used Adolph’s Meat Tenderizer 

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

If I get stung on the face, please let me die.  

• Like 1

I’ve been in contact with many people flying in and out of CT - NY - RI recently and not one has said they have been asked once about quarantine, etc. one flying in from Los Angeles said he filled out a paper on a plane which nobody took from him. Traveling interstate by car is zero enforcement  anywhere  

MAGA my friend 

7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

If I get stung on the face, please let me die.  

Just don't hire any hookers in any Moscow hotels, if you really feel that way.

Then if you run out of the water screaming ...

Australian stinging trees and cone snails share something in common, Queensland researchers say

12669740-3x2-xlarge.jpg?v=2

Each needle-like hair is around five millimetres long and holds what researchers say is a venom similar to that found in cone snails.(Supplied: University of Queensland)

• Researchers discover Australian stinging trees carry a venom similar to that found in marine cone snails
  • Australia has two species of stinging tree with needle-like hairs that act like syringes to inject venom
  • Scientists hope to develop new types of painkillers from the new discovery

Cunk10sHhtmQERDu964C0_ot9UvSiTtmYdnq64sO

1 hour ago, astro said:

Man'O wars are just what we call Blue Bottles, because of the bladder.  We surfed among them and got stung regularly, more of a painful nuisance.  Lymph glands came up for a few days.  We believed that we built up a partial immunity but I did end up in hospital for a night.  It hit me on the waste while waiting for a wave, then washed down my board-shorts and a few tentacles wrapped around my testicles.  Not sure whether the difficulty breathing (which was why the ambulance was called) was pain or toxin induced.  Nurses thought it was funni.

Not even in the same league as a Box Jellyfish.  Pays to take notice of signs in Australia as only 'Most victims survive'.

Good story!  I had 3 women doctors or nurses inject dye into my dick today, and x-ray it, so the Urology surgeon knows where to fix the stricture in the very near future!!  Getting older sucks, but it beats the alternative!!  Not being able to pee in the morning is a real pain in the cock!!

I know TMI!!!

Good story!  I had 3 women doctors or nurses inject dye into my dick today, and x-ray it, so the Urology surgeon knows where to fix the stricture in the very near future!!  Getting older sucks, but it beats the alternative!!  Not being able to pee in the morning is a real pain in the cock!!

I know TMI!!!

Bugger, even mine doesn't work quite like it used to. 

Keep in mind that there is something surprisingly liberating when your life is no longer dominated by the 'Bearded Clam'.  No one told me.

I hope it goes well for you.

4 hours ago, Left Shift said:

That explained what  happened to  president Trum............ Oh wait take it to duh numnuts over yonder  in  pa

6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

That's the quick version of ammonia.

I long ago learned to put ammonia on bee & wasp stings - extremely effective.

Don't know if jellyfish toxin would respond the same way but I suspect so - pissing on on the eyes of a person hit by a spitting cobra is supposedly an old peasant remedy so presumably ammonia is a general duty "antivenin"

6 hours ago, astro said:

Australian stinging trees and cone snails share something in common, Queensland researchers say

Each needle-like hair is around five millimetres long and holds what researchers say is a venom similar to that found in cone snails.(Supplied: University of Queensland)

• Researchers discover Australian stinging trees carry a venom similar to that found in marine cone snails
  • Australia has two species of stinging tree with needle-like hairs that act like syringes to inject venom

FFS, Stinging Trees???

11 minutes ago, Black Sox said:

FFS, Stinging Trees???

Yeah ya had me at box jellies that most people survive!

6 hours ago, astro said:

Nice find. Off in search of what original papers are on interwebs without fees.  At one point in my life I was tasked with attempting to devise a small molecule that emulated particular examples of the vast array of cone shell toxins. Analogues from plants is fascinating. Seemingly paradoxically some cone shell toxins reduce pain. Many are paralytic. Either property could be medically useful. But if you consider a snail preying on fish, the fish being paralyzed and feeling no pain is helps. A lot.

These stinging trees, i suppose they can fucking swim as well, can they?

And carry lasers?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Black Sox said:

FFS, Stinging Trees???

flora fauna and fungi

11 hours ago, astro said:

It hit me on the waste

Which part of you is that? ;)

Sign near a boat ramp, not far behind the cameraman was an Asian backpacker couple camping in a small tent.  Locals tell me a really big one hangs out in the area but it doesn't like Asians, they get hungry too soon afterwards.

image.png.df0b46bbc8a2a5d6ee5bcb827bdfa085.png

On 9/17/2020 at 3:13 AM, Black Sox said:

And carry lasers?

Apparently just about everything in Oz can kill you. Cassowaries, Blue octopi, Crocs, Snakes, Spiders, Drop bears, and the beer is about as palatable as Budweasle.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:
On 9/17/2020 at 3:13 AM, Black Sox said:

And carry lasers?

Apparently just about everything in Oz can kill you. Cassowaries, Blue octopi, Crocs, Snakes, Spiders, Drop bears, and the beer is about as palatable as Budweasle.

Peopel.............       duh                     :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Peopel.............       duh                     :)

Yeah. Especially the "Bogans".... I was told by an Ozzie there is a poisonous butterfly, but I doubt that one.... Unless they mean the Monarch, which is only toxic if you eat it....

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of non-deadly or non-toxic wildlife in Oz.

Are their signs for Blue Rings, Whites or Salties? 

All of that, AND it’s only half a mile from the surface of the sun, AND populated by descendants of violent criminals.

7 hours ago, sailingk8 said:

Yes.

image.png.08f33d7c0b3786aed20b7e36aa108e71.png

image.png.2912adf49b8f5d096b2fe9eb8af07d53.png

image.png.3cfd94919071bb3b5d77f71208058605.png

image.png.381044e1b17bfc53937b16b0ba3d2f89.png

9 hours ago, sailingk8 said:

Spending time in Europe ... fucking sterile, no fun at all.