enigmatically2

What features will the winning boat have?

So before we see all the B2s, lets see what features we think they should have. Nail your colours to the mast before they come out. By doing this before B2s come out we might get slightly less nationalistic views (although I realise opinions will be biased by each person's team's B1, but I can try)

Underwater shape: Flat; Bustle; skeg?

Boom: Boomless;Articulating Boom; Solid Boom?

Foils; Bulb (yes or no); Shape (Anhedral or flat) - Swept back or not; or a mix for different weather conditions?

Mainsail: Thin gap or thick gap between the sails?

Aero: High sided or not; cut away bow or not; 

Crew Change: What % of crew change sides on tacks/gybes

Crew Positioning: Forward or aft

Anything else I have missed

Would be nice to have an explanation of why you have made the choices you have

What about a poll?  But great idea.

Articulating boom with thick gap between skins.

What are you going to call ETNZ's hybrid stealth shape?

3 hours ago, Priscilla said:

My pick for the Frackers will see Brittania II on a diet more like the Boss.

9B57E699-90C8-4286-AACF-64865DAFC2B8.thumb.jpeg.1cc2787f51e8ca7d14c75cfb6401cd6a.jpeg

Love that deck, gorgeous! 

20 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Love that deck, gorgeous! 

Some very complex transitions going on that’s for sure.

E4BF056C-1FF3-4D30-A772-19953915EB7B.jpeg.0462594feebd031aacc06c33308b6315.jpeg

Winning features?

I will put my bet on Burling + Tuke + Ashby.

A very portable feature across both B1 and B2. :P

• Like 2

asymmetric foils. biceps. biggest balls in 23 knots. not falling over or getting decapitated . Best WAGS. And a few friendly measurement committee rulings. And most of all, not catching coronavirus. 

Electric head.

• Like 1

BFOS, in light airs. ;-)

• Like 2

800px-The_America's_Cup.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mid said:

800px-The_America's_Cup.jpg

No denying that one, Mid. ;-)

On 9/19/2020 at 1:21 PM, Priscilla said:

My pick for the Frackers will see Brittania II on a diet more like the Boss.

A624F2FF-ACF3-4468-8E63-54A0BD712A26.jpeg.c04a01a71c84e3f674327029fe9ddeae.jpeg

9B57E699-90C8-4286-AACF-64865DAFC2B8.thumb.jpeg.1cc2787f51e8ca7d14c75cfb6401cd6a.jpeg

This is a really great comparison- same builder, same nationality (you know some do-nothing-brown-nosing-pomie-cunt on the respective planning teams proposed the idea "it would be better if we collaborated with so-an-so to divide responsibility and arrive at converging result faster", or however that sounds when you have your nose up someones ass), however, considering the horses for courses factor, ie, Ineos Team Uk Barge features forward top-sides which are (Airbus ©) optimized for air-flow, while the better-chance-but-nooooooooooot-quite-capabile-of-producing-a-first-place-podium Hugo Boss is optimized for somewhere between air-flow and frontal wave impact and water shedding (knowing they are going to be plowing into "a couple" of waves around the globe).

finer entry (Hugo Boss) = can handle waves
wider entry (Ineos Future Party Barge) = can handle air

Ben should just give both his hulls to the carbon-chipper now to be recycled- they would be more effective as recycled bunk supports for another team, or a junior programs laser/finn dolly if they were feeling in the mood for chairty. Think of all the Sterling and/or carbon emission credits (because they are soooo focused on sustainability) they would save NOT shipping those dogs around the planet, to get eliminated from the Challenger Series (again)... I seriously pitty the boat builders who had to spend so much time, effort, and professionalism producing such off-pace disgraces.

38 minutes ago, atwinda said:

Finer entry = complying with the class rules.

2 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Definitely not this look.

5158914F-498B-4DC4-9C81-FEFC28014C77.jpeg.7240a4a8e514e91bc8c33ff79629eda0.jpeg

That wheel is flash.

One hears they won't have a camo wheel on LR.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, atwinda said:

This is a really great comparison- same builder, same nationality (you know some do-nothing-brown-nosing-pomie-cunt on the respective planning teams proposed the idea "it would be better if we collaborated with so-an-so to divide responsibility and arrive at converging result faster", or however that sounds when you have your nose up someones ass), however, considering the horses for courses factor, ie, Ineos Team Uk Barge features forward top-sides which are (Airbus ©) optimized for air-flow, while the better-chance-but-nooooooooooot-quite-capabile-of-producing-a-first-place-podium Hugo Boss is optimized for somewhere between air-flow and frontal wave impact and water shedding (knowing they are going to be plowing into "a couple" of waves around the globe).

wider entry (Ineos Future Party Barge) = can handle air

Ben should just give both his hulls to the carbon-chipper now to be recycled- they would be more effective as recycled bunk supports for another team, or a junior programs laser/finn dolly if they were feeling in the mood for chairty. Think of all the Sterling and/or carbon emission credits (because they are soooo focused on sustainability) they would save NOT shipping those dogs around the planet, to get eliminated from the Challenger Series (again)... I seriously pitty the boat builders who had to spend so much time, effort, and professionalism producing such off-pace disgraces.

obvious troll is obvious..