Sign in to follow this  
Left Shift

Seattle, the first official Anarchist City in the US

d. John tRump, the official White House *Resident, has declared my home town to be the first official anarchist city in the USofA.  

This is an unexpected honor, but the city is grateful.  At the very least, we hope that, along with the botched handling of Covid-19, this will be the mal-administration's second gift to our fair city.  We hope that these two gifts, taken together, will serve to keep even more of the red, white and blue striped Bermuda-shorts-and-fanny-pack-wearing fat tourists from Tulsa and Tallahassee back home where they belong

Thank you, d.John!!!

Well I hope Mr. Trump will remember, Seattleites don't need him 'round anyhow.

That's right: Seattle is a HELL HOLE. Stay the fuck away! It's dangerous, scary, naked bicycle-riding LGBTQ everywhere looking to convert innocent republicans, cars parked on the wrong side of the street, dogs and cats living together, and no suitable water anywhere for sailing, and the latte stands REQUIRE you to use soy milk. And our golf courses suck (because the sand traps are so wet that they're quicksand!)

Seriously: don't come here. We don't want you or your jackboot thugs.

• Like 1

That means you don't have to pay taxes and can marry your gun right?

Lots of trumpers going to move there soon.

Oh, Seattle is a dangerous place alright!

A town that spawned after-hour Jazz gigs, Quiny Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Queensrÿche and Nirvana is probably as not Trump as it gets!

Actually one the few places in the US I'd still like to visit. B)

How long before “anarchists” go missing?  Trump looks more like Pinochet everyday.

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

d. John tRump, the official White House *Resident, has declared my home town to be the first official anarchist city in the USofA.  

This is an unexpected honor, but the city is grateful.  At the very least, we hope that, along with the botched handling of Covid-19, this will be the mal-administration's second gift to our fair city.  We hope that these two gifts, taken together, will serve to keep even more of the red, white and blue striped Bermuda-shorts-and-fanny-pack-wearing fat tourists from Tulsa and Tallahassee back home where they belong

Thank you, d.John!!!

I don’t know if it is a publicly traded company, but if it is it might be time to nibble, with the MSM relentless banging of the pandemic drum, the SCOTUS appointment and swearing in ceremony, Trumps landslide and the freedom of a second term... PA might find the first page sponsorship 

https://try.talkspace.com/online-therapy/1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=sembrand&utm_campaign=Search_Google_Brand_Mobile_Exact&utm_content=FEB2020-RSA-CAPS&utm_term=talkspace com&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6rrE_Pj66wIVBIbICh1qqAa0EAAYASAAEgLVo_D_BwE

I still think BC and WA have more in common than WA and the rest of the US.  Probably Oregon too.

28 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

How long before “anarchists” go missing?  Trump looks more like Pinochet everyday.

There is a resemblance and they both love "gold", but Pinochet had more style (and a way better tailor).  The blue suit just doesn't just it cut for a serious autocrat.

th.jpeg

th-1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

The sticking point will be that WA/OR and maybe CA will have to become part of Canada, and leave the USA.  Because health care and gunz.  No need to make a separate country here, too expensive for everyone.  We should convince the Panhandle to join too.

6 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

The sticking point will be that WA/OR and maybe CA will have to become part of Canada, and leave the USA.  Because health care and gunz.  No need to make a separate country here, too expensive for everyone.  We should convince the Panhandle to join too.

Lol.. childish , not in a demeaning way but in a descriptive way... reminds me of listening to a bunch of 6 th graders in the other room fantasizing about what they would do if they were king .  

10 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Make us an offer we cant refuse.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zonker said:

The Alaska panhandle rightfully belongs to BC. We just didn't read the map correctly. Geographically speaking it should be ours. You can keep Anchorage. 

Ha - I forgot my wife wrote a story about the Panhandle. salmon wars and the A-B line. 

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20191215-the-little-known-us-canada-border-war

Point Roberts, too. That bit is just bad map-reading.

Yeah, some Canadian people want Canada to buy Point Bob.

Because then their cheap 80K acre of recreational property will instantly jump in price a huge amount because no border hassles.

America will never agree. "Sell off part of our country? You must be joking".  Besides where would all the witness protection folks end up then?

For those that don't know Point Roberts is a detached enclave of the US that is not connected to the rest of the country. It is rumoured that there are a lot of witness protection people there because any would be hit-man has to cross two borders to get there. And lots of people don't know of its existence. It is part of WA state.

image.thumb.png.7c6dd5fb0e4315ba46de2f6601c14402.pngimage.thumb.png.7c6dd5fb0e4315ba46de2f6601c14402.png

10 hours ago, Grog said:

A town that spawned after-hour Jazz gigs, Quiny Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Queensrÿche and Nirvana is probably as not Trump as it gets!

If only we could lure Sascha Konietzko back here, we need him! That guy was ANTIFA way before their was such a thing.

11 hours ago, Grog said:

I love Seattle, but Jimi in the same sentence with Queensryiche and Nirvava.  Them's fighting words.  

48 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I love Seattle, but Jimi in the same sentence with Queensryiche and Nirvava.  Them's fighting words.  

eeeasy...the town is big enough for lotsa music:

11 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Lol.. childish , not in a demeaning way but in a descriptive way... reminds me of listening to a bunch of 6 th graders in the other room fantasizing about what they would do if they were king .  

The 6th graders are the ones running your country right now, if you haven't noticed. 

1 hour ago, Rain Man said:

The 6th graders are the ones running your country right now, if you haven't noticed. 

That's an insult to most 6th graders.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rain Man said:

AOC and the “Squad “ white dresses @ the State of the Union... Subversive takeover under way 

I drove through Seattle once. There were people all over the median strip on the highway in bathing suits and lying on beach chairs.

I stopped at the Western Union office (The days before ATMs) and asked the guy what was up with the people on lawn chairs in the middle of the highway. "It's sunny" was his reply.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Can we jump in there too..  (Speaking for a friend). ::P

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

AOC and the “Squad “ white dresses @ the State of the Union... Subversive takeover under way 

Subversive is women in our legislature, their stylish choices, or the combination at a speech?

Please let us know how & why you are so easily triggered. 

11 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Subversive is women in our legislature, their stylish choices, or the combination at a speech?

The threat to freedom and a complete makeover of America and if you don’t understand that I can understand why you have to ask 

18 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

It's because they spoke, when not spoken to, and they weren't following 5 paces behind the men, when walking. Plus many of them raised their faces and made direct eye contact with other people. Very threatening behavior.

19 hours ago, Grog said:

https://www.insidevancouver.ca/2013/06/11/legendary-vancouver-jimi-hendrix-shrine-now-open-for-summer/

"The Jimi Hendirx Shrine, one of Vancouver’s most fascinating urban curiosities, is now open for summer. Why does the American musician have a Vancouver place of worship? Jimi’s grandmother Nora Hendrix lived in Vancouver’s often overlooked African-American community around Hogan’s Alley in Strathcona. During his boyhood, Jimi spent many summers in Hogan’s Alley with Nora, who owned the former Vie’s Chicken and Steakhouse where the shrine is located.

Vie’s was much more than a watering hole; it was the venue for visiting African American performers such as Nat King Cole and Louis Armstrong. The artists would eat at Vie’s after concerts. Legend has it that Jimi and his cousins would stay up late helping their grandmother serve these famous musicians."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BravoBravo said:
2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

The threat to freedom and a complete makeover of America and if you don’t understand that I can understand why you have to ask 

Are you afraid of women conducting a “makeover”, or specific policies? Are you afraid of them exercising their freedoms, thinking it’s a zero sum game & you will lose yours as a result?

Of are you afraid of new energy policies which ensure investment doesn’t just help entrenched billionaires?

Are you afraid teaching about slavery and and it’s lasting effects on our country is a threat to freedom?

Im curious why you see Ocasio Cortez as so frightening.

4 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

AOC and her elk are your country's best hope at the moment.  Smart, young, and trying to make the country better for all its citizens, not just the white people.  The fuckwit in the oval office is an international embarrassment to your country.  List the things you think he has done to make the country better please.  Then list the things he has done that have made your personal situation better.

While you are at it, remind us all why he had to back off on the aluminum tariffs he was threatening against Canada when Canada decided to retaliate in kind.  Your president is a liar and a moron.  But deep down I think you know that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keith said:

https://www.insidevancouver.ca/2013/06/11/legendary-vancouver-jimi-hendrix-shrine-now-open-for-summer/

"The Jimi Hendirx Shrine, one of Vancouver’s most fascinating urban curiosities, is now open for summer. Why does the American musician have a Vancouver place of worship? Jimi’s grandmother Nora Hendrix lived in Vancouver’s often overlooked African-American community around Hogan’s Alley in Strathcona. During his boyhood, Jimi spent many summers in Hogan’s Alley with Nora, who owned the former Vie’s Chicken and Steakhouse where the shrine is located.

Vie’s was much more than a watering hole; it was the venue for visiting African American performers such as Nat King Cole and Louis Armstrong. The artists would eat at Vie’s after concerts. Legend has it that Jimi and his cousins would stay up late helping their grandmother serve these famous musicians."

"Often overlooked" has got to be the understatement of the year... I lived in Van 3 years; I knew ONE Black person, and he was from Montreal.  

One of my college friends, in Montreal, went to UBC for her first 2 years.  After she transferred back home, to Concordia, asked why she came back, she told this story about spotting a Black guy, downtown, from 2 blocks away.  They both immediately make a beeline for each other; then both break into a jog; then start running, open armed ("like something out of a movie") and come together in a big hug... like long-lost friends... but they were complete strangers.  It's just that neither of them had seen another Black person since moving there (6 months for him; nearly a year, for my friend).  

Diving into the fray:

Masked men roam the neighbourhood and everyone is dressed in black. I write to you from the mean streets of Gotham City, which, along with Portland and Seattle, was officially designated an “anarchist jurisdiction” on Monday by the US department of justice (DoJ). Those of you who still cling to the old-fashioned belief that words have meanings may wonder whether anarchists typically have jurisdictions. Well, New York City anarchists apparently do. They have also got strict rules about alternate side parking and you get fined if you don’t adhere to social distancing protocols. It is not the sort of anarchy that the Sex Pistols sang about, that’s for sure.

America’s official Anarchy List didn’t appear out of nowhere. A few weeks ago, Donald Trump published a memo requesting the DoJ identify cities “permitting anarchy”; this is the axis of evil they came up with. According to the US attorney general, William Barr – the guy who recently likened coronavirus lockdown orders to slavery – the leaders of these cities have cut police funding and given a green light to violence. In order to combat this supposed lawlessness, the government has threatened to block federal funds; in the case of New York that means revoking up to $7bn (£5.4bn). Since a not insignificant portion of that money goes towards the city’s police department, the Trump administration is, rather ironically, threatening to defund the police.

Read more

You know what anarchists do when bullied by the government? Prepare lawsuits, of course. New York’s governor, Andrew Cuomo, along with the leaders of Portland and Seattle, the other anarchist cities, has promised to sue the Trump administration if it attempts to follow through on withdrawing federal funds. Which it probably won’t: this latest move is less about lowering city budgets than it is about raising liberals’ hackles and pandering to Trump’s base. Threatening to do something unconstitutional and illegal is Trump’s way of reminding voters that he’s the law-and-order candidate. And, of course, it’s a distraction from the fact that the US is nearing 200,000 Covid-19 deaths.

The idea that New York is a hotbed of oatmilk-latte-fuelled anarchy would be hilarious if the motivation behind Trump’s stunt weren’t so sinister. Far from being a law-and-order president, Trump is the grievance president: his job isn’t to come up with policies but to dole out punishments. Last year, the New York Times interviewed Trump supporters about how the government shutdown was hurting a Florida town. “I thought he was going to do good things,” one woman complained. “He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.” That quote is perhaps the best description you can get of Trump’s electoral mandate: he needs to hurt the right people. Or, perhaps more accurately, he needs to hurt left-leaning people and minorities. He needs to stick it to places like New York.

We often use the phrase “culture wars” to describe the deep divisions in America but I think what’s unfolding might more accurately be described as a cold civil war. Americans may not be shooting each other en masse in the streets (yet) but the Trump administration has made it very clear that it doesn’t care about the lives of people in Democratic states. Trump recently boasted, for example, that America had dealt with Covid-19 well, “if you take the blue states out”. It was also recently reported that boy genius Jared Kushner showed zero concern for New York’s lack of resources when the state was bearing the brunt of the pandemic back in March. “[Cuomo’s] people are going to suffer and that’s their problem,” Kushner is alleged to have said. Trump and his people have made it very clear that if you’re not on their side, you’ll suffer. Trump is not the president of the US – he’s the president of his followers. There’s a word for that sort of thing and it’s not “anarchy” – it’s “authoritarianism”.

Bolding mine.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/22/donald-trump-has-a-grievance-against-new-york-and-it-tells-you-a-lot-about-his-presidency

13 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Jimi has a special place in music and in history, no doubt about that!

But all of them (and then some) had a unique, game changing impact on arts and music. Quincy Jones did it for decades and worked just about any genre there is. Jimi Hendrix redefined guitar and rock and smacked both in the face of politics. Queensrÿche had a stellar moment with "Operation Mindcrime" which is strangely relevant today, again. And Nirvana tore all of that to pieces and a whole new genre came to life.

All these artists and their music were fresh, original and dangerous to the establishment and music industry ... they just bypassed them and did their thing. And Seattle as the breeding ground must have played a role in that, again and again. :)

4 hours ago, Rain Man said:

The fuckwit in the oval office is an international embarrassment to your country.  List the things you think he has done to make the country better please.  Then list the things he has done that have made your personal situation better.

This is the true tRumpaholic challenge.  Other than protecting us from Honduran immigrant children and dissing the bitchy democrats like the SanJuan mayor, they've got nothing.