Apparently $500 is what a vote costs these days

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So you're against voting rights too?

I subscribe to the fundamental idea of “one man (or woman) one vote”

You ? 

1 minute ago, Sea warrior said:

I subscribe to the fundamental idea of “one man (or woman) one vote”

You ? 

So you applaud those that help others achieve that goal?

2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So you applaud those that help others achieve that goal?

If you are dumb enough to think that Mickey Bloomberg gives a fiddlers flying fuck about felons “achieving their goals” then I ain’t gonna be able to fix that amount of stupid  

@Sea warrior out Reichs the Reichistas. 

When I lived abroad I took some care not to intervene in other countries' domestic politics. There has been too much of that already. 

SW never got the memo 

1 minute ago, Sea warrior said:

If you are dumb enough to think that Mickey Bloomberg

Jeebus, you are an arrogant and ignorant little punkista. 

How do you know what Bloomberg "cares about". 

Your comment is stupid on its face, like you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Jeebus, you are an arrogant and ignorant little punkista. 

How do you know what Bloomberg "cares about". 

Your comment is stupid on its face, like you. 

A serious question if I may,

Do you for one second really think that this is anything other than a dick swinging contest and an attempt to buy an election?

please tell me you’re not that dumb

11 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Anyone else here grow hops?

My brother grows hops.  His friend went sober, no longer homebrews, so brother has plenty of hops:D

53 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

If you are dumb enough to think that Mickey Bloomberg gives a fiddlers flying fuck about felons “achieving their goals” then I ain’t gonna be able to fix that amount of stupid  

So you saying that those whose voting rights have been restored are going to vote for Bloomberg?

Your ability to predict the future of those voters is outstanding!

How many times have you won lotto, Nostradamus?

Ever hear of Sheldon Adelson? Nutter News doesn't like to discuss mega donors to the GOP.

as Eva dent.

I'm just glad that someone stuck it up DeSantis' butt and made Florida blue despite the best efforts of the GOP in Florida to deprive citizens of Constitutional rights. What kind of a creepy greasy piece of shit does that to fellow Americans?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Ever hear of Sheldon Adelson? Nutter News doesn't like to discuss mega donors to the GOP.

as Eva dent.

Hey I just cashed my $268,000 check from George Soros.  He found me on this thread actually.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

Hey I just cashed my $268,000 check from George Soros.  He found me on this thread actually.

That will teach me to ignore all those phone calls.

Bob Perry used to give me a quarter for every positive post about him on the CA forum.  I am worth every penny.

Just now, Ishmael said:

That will teach me to ignore all those phone calls.

He apple paid me after he asked the secret passphrase.  ("Bravo is a cunt")  Pass it on.

• Like 1

Do you think it's OK if somebody has a few hundred $ of unpaid court fees or fines, is clearly indigent with no way of paying said fees, and thus is prevented from voting?

What if you have a bunch of unpaid parking tickets? Same thing?

I think the right to vote is pretty important and you have to wonder why some people think it's important to remove it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

“Aught Ta be a law”...

"Ought" is the word you're looking for.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Educating people THAT stupid is expensive. 

He’s only up to “Money Talks, Bullshit Walks” , so Yes, he has a way to go.

4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Bob Perry used to give me a quarter for every positive post about him on the CA forum.  I am worth every penny.

CA?  For years that was basically the Bob Perry is god forum.......NTTAWWT.

As for Bloomberg's efforts, the man's an American patriot. He's happy to spend up big to rid y'all of the horrorshow of corrupt idiocy currently in charge of your country.

3 hours ago, Zonker said:

Do you think it's OK if somebody has a few hundred $ of unpaid court fees or fines, is clearly indigent with no way of paying said fees, and thus is prevented from voting?

I think the right to vote is pretty important and you have to wonder why some people think it's important to remove it.

To your first question, as noted in the thread on this topic, a handful of libertarians and other nutjobs don't think it's OK but sane people do.

Your second question was already asked in that thread and the answer remains that parking violations are not (yet) felonies so can't trigger (get it?) removal of voting and other, less important, rights.

7 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Anyone else here grow hops?

i just drink beer 

4 hours ago, Zonker said:

awwww.....injecting facts and real life scenarios  isn't fair play ;-) 

6 hours ago, Zonker said:

That's a legitimate question too. At issue however is whether it's ok for a billionaire to pay off the debts of members of a Democrat supporting demographic group to influence an election. Bloomberg can accurately claim that he doesn't know how any individual will vote but he does know how the majority of them will vote so is he buying votes?

1 minute ago, Dog said:

That's a legitimate question too. At issue however is whether it's ok for a billionaire to pay off the debts of members of a Democrat supporting demographic group to influence an election. Bloomberg can accurately claim that he doesn't know how any individual will vote but he does know how the majority of them will vote so is he buying votes?

If the State of Florida gave these folks an even break on getting their voting rights restored, Mr. Bloomberg's effort would not be needed..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Republicans created the situation by writing rules that specifically targeted a certain demographic that they assumed would vote against them, and you are OK with that. You only have an issue when a sometime Democrat helps that those people follow those rules.

You accuse Bloomberg of buying votes, but have no issue with Republicans suppressing those same votes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Remodel said:

Republicans created the situation by writing rules that specifically targeted a certain demographic that they assumed would vote against them, and you are OK with that. You only have an issue when a sometime Democrat helps that those people follow those rules.

You accuse Bloomberg of buying votes, but have no issue with Republicans suppressing those same votes.

I didn't accuse him of anything. The Florida AG is considering the legality of this scheme.

I'm not seeing how a law preventing felons who have not discharged their debt from voting is targeted. 

I find it funny how the people of Florida spoke, Amendment 4 was passed (64.55% Yay, 35.45% Nay), and the Governor and a majority of Judges (5 appointed by President Trump, one appointed by President George W. Bush and on the short list of President Trump's candidates for SCOTUS) took away the voters choice.

We used to have people here who believed the will of the voters should be heeded.  What happened to them?

• Like 1

They'll be complaining about organising voter transport next.

32 minutes ago, Dog said:

That would be a legitimate topic of conversation too, if Bloomberg had done that.  He gave money to the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition. Here's their link for anyone interested in learning about what they do and who they help: https://floridarrc.com/

The FRRC decides whether to spread the money around to recipients who are black, brown or other, not Bloomberg. 

For those who would like to donate like Bloomberg, LeBron and others did, here's their link to the fund for helping people who have served their time get their rats back: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/florida-rights-restoration-coalition--frrc--1?utf8=✓&amount=&commit=Contribute   Help end Florida's Apartheid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That would be a legitimate topic of conversation too, if Bloomberg had done that.  He gave money to the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition. Here's their link for anyone interested in learning about what they do and who they help: https://floridarrc.com/

The FRRC decides whether to spread the money around to recipients who are black, brown or other, not Bloomberg. 

For those who would like to donate like Bloomberg, LeBron and others did, here's their link to the fund for helping people who have served their time get their rats back: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/florida-rights-restoration-coalition--frrc--1?utf8=✓&amount=&commit=Contribute   Help end Florida's Apartheid. 

Very clever...Like hiring a British spy to collect dirt on an opponent from Russians.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Very clever...Like hiring a British spy to collect dirt on an opponent from Russians.

Just have your lawyer get info directly if your supporters don’t give a fuck, right bitch? Where’s Rudy lately? 

11 hours ago, Dog said:
11 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

...  For those who would like to donate like Bloomberg, LeBron and others did, here's their link to the fund for helping people who have served their time get their rats back: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/florida-rights-restoration-coalition--frrc--1?utf8=✓&amount=&commit=Contribute   Help end Florida's Apartheid. 

Really? You mean Sen. Rubio is helping Bloomberg now?

- DSK

12 hours ago, Dog said:

Another question: are you a fascist fuckhead trying to stop people from voting?

11 hours ago, Dog said:

Or blackmailing the Ukraine to investigate a political rival.  Or working with wikileaks to publish Russian stolen email.  Or wearing a beige suit after September.

22 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Looks like that tyrant Bloomberg just paid $500 per vote in Florida 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-bloomberg-pays-off-16m-212607298.html

Ya got to love this “democracy” we’ve got going down here.

It's the counter for the Republicans in Tallahassee negating the will of the people with some bullshit designed to prevent them from being voted out of office.  Good for Bloomberg.

I hope the same people who voted for that constitutional amendment vote out all the assholes who tried to deny the will of the people.  I know I will.

12 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Matt Gaetz is concerned that Bloomberg may be bribing people to vote for Biden demands investigation.  He’s had conversations with Barr about i.  

LOl. I bet he got beat up a lot in school.

You mean this punk?  The best part of this speech is him saying the Dems are going to lock you in your home and invite MS-13 to move in next door.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

You mean this punk?  The best part of this speech is him saying the Dems are going to lock you in your home and invite MS-13 to move in next door.

Yes, Rep. Florida Man is giving his wise legal counsel to Gov. Captain Ron about restraining Bloomberg’s speech. Buying politicians is fine but helping black people regain their voice in the voting booth is not. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jules said:

Dude looks like a natural bobble-head doll.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yes, Rep. Florida Man is giving his wise legal counsel to Gov. Captain Ron about restraining Bloomberg’s speech. Buying politicians is fine but helping black people regain their voice in the voting booth is not. 

I read this act restored  more white felons than minority?

Also its being reported that Bloomberg efforts are directed only at minority voters.  If true I expect a white felon to file suit against FFRC for discrimination 

I personally don’t care  - if the people voted to restore the right to vote they should be allowed to vote.   It looks like the sticking point is are fines imposed as part of your sentence required to be paid to meet the served your time part of the amendment.  The courts both federal and state said yes. 

Are there any two people on the planet who need to be kicked in the nuts more than Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz?  I need a hazmat shower after seeing even a picture of either one of them much less hearing them speak.

• Like 1

What evil lurks in the hearts of  .  . . 

the PA Reich. 

And of course the US Reich in general. 

I really find Sea War offensive beyond belief 

1 hour ago, Clove Hitch said:
14 hours ago, Dog said:

Another question: are you a fascist fuckhead trying to stop people from voting?

That's a silly question. Of course he is.

Dog sees the issue as a "Democrat supporting demographic" as being people who should not get any consideration or benefit. Even if they are not -actually- Democrats. It's a question of rights, only Trumpublicans should have them under law. And according to Dog, even Trumpublicans are inferior to the top leaders like Trump and McConnell.

- DSK

You should have gone with a literacy test, bullshitters. Then you wouldn’t have to show that he is telling them how to vote when he pays their poll tax. 

14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Thanks for the link. I'm happy to pay someone's bogus poll tax in Florida.

2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Another Nutter bites the dust.  It never ends

Is Sea Wart gone?

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Is Sea Wart gone?

I doubt it, I meant his little rant bit the big one.  He is like herpes, may not always be here but is never going away.

17 hours ago, Dog said:

I didn't accuse him of anything. The Florida AG is considering the legality of this scheme.

I'm not seeing how a law preventing felons who have not discharged their debt from voting is targeted. 

Really? So all your accusations of democratic criminal behaviour have no basis?

On 9/23/2020 at 3:12 PM, AJ Oliver said:

@Sea warrior out Reichs the Reichistas. 

When I lived abroad I took some care not to intervene in other countries' domestic politics. There has been too much of that already. 

SW never got the memo 

Pretty sure BilgeWarior is a yank. I thought he was Moderate/et al reincarnated.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, Zonker said:

Because they know they can't win if certain types of poor people vote.

18 hours ago, Dog said:

At what point is it OK for a GOP run legislature to create an effective poll tax to disenfranchise people in direct contravention of a constitutional amendment passed by the will of the people with a 2:1 majority?

If the fucking GOP would just left people vote we wouldn't have to jump through these hoops.

But no, Trump wants to "remove all the ballots," doesn't he?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

If the State of Florida gave these folks an even break on getting their voting rights restored, Mr. Bloomberg's effort would not be needed..

We PEOPLE of Florida did, with a Constitutional amendment that passed with like a 2:1 margin.

The GOP legislature decided to add a poll tax to try to reverse the will of the people as much as they could.

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Anyone have any idea what's up with this pair of Glamor Don'ts?

fa3.thumb.png.e9f7eb87555a728e4c78d18e27756db4.png

23 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

"Ought" is the word you're looking for.

the 'english motherfucker, do you speak it?' thread is over there. somewhere.

20 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
20 hours ago, Dog said:

I think it's OK for Bloomberg to $peak to Desmond Meade's organization, but...

On 2/20/2020 at 6:51 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

The amendment was drafted by an idiot, if they intended anything other than requiring satisfaction of all terms of sentence. Don’t get me wrong, I hate the result. I think voter suppression should be just this side of being a capital offense. There is no more precious right than our right to vote. But language has meaning and we cannot play “listen to what I mean not what I say” with the constitution. 

Despite all the "GOP DID IT" whining in this thread, Desmond Meade's organization drafted the amendment.

If Bloomberg wants to give money to an idiot, it wouldn't be the first time and it's still his right.

If idiots want to pretend that the GOP is bad for doing as Sol has done and taking the terms of the amendment literally, well, that's Political Anarchy.

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

We PEOPLE of Florida did, with a Constitutional amendment that passed with like a 2:1 margin.

The GOP legislature decided to add a poll tax to try to reverse the will of the people as much as they could.

It goes even further back.  To my senator, former governor whose favorite amendment  is the 5th, who would not let the clemency Board do its work.

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Really? So all your accusations of democratic criminal behaviour have no basis?

They exist only in your imagination.

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

We did pass the Amendment, but the Amendment did require all terms of sentence to be complete. Blame the drafter of the Amendment for this issue, but I must wonder if it would have passed if it only included satisfaction of custodial terms of sentence. I probably would not have voted for it in that case. Crime victims deserve to be made whole, or as whole as our courts can make them. 

22 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Matt Gaetz is concerned that Bloomberg may be bribing people to vote for Biden demands investigation.  He’s had conversations with Barr about i.  

LOl. I bet he got beat up a lot in school.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/matt-gaetz-election-bribery-probe-bloomberg-florida

matt-gaetz-arrest-.jpg.8c768180f48989ef47116020c77a6dd6.jpg

35 minutes ago, Dog said:

Liar.

Hillary is still not locked up and Flynn is still not exonerated.

Your opinions on criminal matters are laughable.

10 hours ago, The Joker said:

I personally don’t care  - if the people voted to restore the right to vote they should be allowed to vote.   It looks like the sticking point is are fines imposed as part of your sentence required to be paid to meet the served your time part of the amendment.  The courts both federal and state said yes. 

I think one of the more problematic aspects of this was Florida has no centralized mechanism for tracking fines.  If they could provide an accurate accounting, in a reasonable amount of time, of fines owed, we'd be golden.  But, they can not.  And, it seems they have no intention of addressing this.

In Florida, felons must pay court debts before they can vote. But with no system to do so, many have found it impossible.

"They kept sending me from office to office to office to office," Jamall Williams, 38, who runs a car-detailing business in Tallahassee, recalled about his months-long inquiry with the Leon County court clerk's office, which keeps the record of his 2009 conviction for grand theft auto.

Williams said he was eager to vote — both to set an example for his children and to please his wife, a regular voter-registration volunteer. "That's how I met her," he said. "She tried to register me to vote, and I wasn't able, because I'm a convicted felon."

His enthusiasm faded when he realized he could risk a new arrest if he inaccurately swore that he had no court debts. "I kind of quit. I don't want to go to jail for that."

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I think one of the more problematic aspects of this was Florida has no centralized mechanism for tracking fines.  If they could provide an accurate accounting, in a reasonable amount of time, of fines owed, we'd be golden.  But, they can not.  And, it seems they have no intention of addressing this.

In Florida, felons must pay court debts before they can vote. But with no system to do so, many have found it impossible.

"They kept sending me from office to office to office to office," Jamall Williams, 38, who runs a car-detailing business in Tallahassee, recalled about his months-long inquiry with the Leon County court clerk's office, which keeps the record of his 2009 conviction for grand theft auto.

Williams said he was eager to vote — both to set an example for his children and to please his wife, a regular voter-registration volunteer. "That's how I met her," he said. "She tried to register me to vote, and I wasn't able, because I'm a convicted felon."

His enthusiasm faded when he realized he could risk a new arrest if he inaccurately swore that he had no court debts. "I kind of quit. I don't want to go to jail for that."

Different circuit courts within the system will likely have different procedures for any number of things, including record keeping and payment of fines and fees. If someone is facing such an issue, they need to sue for relief. Put the matter in front of a judge who can order the state to pony up the balance due, and if that is not forthcoming, wipe the slate clean. I’m pretty sure that has been happening, and is part of the FRRC’s work.

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
17 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Different circuit courts within the system will likely have different procedures for any number of things, including record keeping and payment of fines and fees. If someone is facing such an issue, they need to sue for relief. Put the matter in front of a judge who can order the state to pony up the balance due, and if that is not forthcoming, wipe the slate clean. I’m pretty sure that has been happening, and is part of the FRRC’s work.

And, while I agree with you, the problem of being poor, a convicted felon, and disenfranchised does not strike me as the attributes of someone conversant and comfortable seeking relief from the courts.

I also believe the architects of this requirement (blocking the will of the people who voted overwhelmingly FOR Amendment 4) are counting on that being the case.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

33 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Liar.

Hillary is still not locked up and Flynn is still not exonerated.

Your opinions on criminal matters are laughable.

No, he’s right. @Dog doesn’t have the balls to actually accuse people. @Dog can’t speak to substance. @Dog is a pathetic sack of shit spewing rumor, who can’t deal in fact or participate in reasonable debate, who’s desire is to destroy the usa if it means white Republicans won’t rule.

15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

And, while I agree with you, the problem of being poor, a convicted felon, and disenfranchised does not strike me as the attributes of someone conversant and comfortable seeking relief from the courts.

I also believe the architects of this requirement (blocking the will of the people who voted overwhelmingly FOR Amendment 4) are counting on that being the case.

Another project of the FRRC. 
https://floridarrc.com/attorneys/

and the League of Women Voters too:

https://www.lwvfl.org/cle/

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Another project of the FRRC. 
https://floridarrc.com/attorneys/

Good.  I am just concerned at how universal the aid is in restoring rights.  The story of Mr. Williams in Post #70 indicates some (many?) give up.

I applaud the work of the FRRC and, today, will add some of my money to that of others like Mr. Bloomberg.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, saxdog said:

Thanks for the link. I'm happy to pay someone's bogus poll tax in Florida.

And this is what it's come to.  The people overwhelmingly vote to pass a constitutional amendment.  The politicians and the courts work their asses off to subvert the will of the people.  Then the people have to come up with a way to subvert the subversion of the politicians and courts.

Along with an additional $5m from donors including John Legend, LeBron James and Michael Jordan, the program has paid off 32,000 voters in the key swing state of Florida.

So SW is against basketball and Music. 

Figures

4 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Along with an additional $5m from donors including John Legend, LeBron James and Michael Jordan, the program has paid off 32,000 voters in the key swing state of Florida.

So SW is against basketball and Music. 

Figures

Just wait until Jordan’s NASCAR team hits the track and rednecks have to hate nascar too. 

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Just wait until Jordan’s NASCAR team hits the track and rednecks have to hate nascar too. 

Jordan has needed to get into the political field for years.  I am glad he is doing this.  Maybe he can shake a few votes loose down there.  He has got to do better than he ahs with running the damn Basketball team...  :P

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Oh that definitely started last year with Bubba Wallace and banning the confederate flags.  Jordan's team will be icing.

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Anyone have any idea what's up with this pair of Glamor Don'ts?

fa3.thumb.png.e9f7eb87555a728e4c78d18e27756db4.png

beavis-butthead.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

No, he’s right. @Dog doesn’t have the balls to actually accuse people. @Dog can’t speak to substance. @Dog is a pathetic sack of shit spewing rumor, who can’t deal in fact or participate in reasonable debate, who’s desire is to destroy the usa if it means white Republicans won’t rule.

That's created quite a quandary......

Please send the 5 Benji's on over.