EYESAILOR

Will there be a third wave?

17 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

What I suspect they mean is "Fuck you, I got mine"

Given the USA's pretty appalling social safety nets, I suspect it means an Ayn Rand kind of "Choice"

Stay home, go mad and starve or get on with your life the best way you can among the zombies that will eventually infect you.

Fortunately I had been living a fairly solitary life and Mr Clew can work from home so we actually are not having a bad time of it. We hike outdoors, don't shop or socialize. So we are not any nuttier than before, which was not totally sane but worked for us, but the zombies and post-Nov 3rd Proud Boys shootups are a worry. 

3 minutes ago, IStream said:

The sad thing is that it's not too late. With a two week lockdown, we could get levels down to where they need to be and then re-start from there. The problem is that unless the whole damned country follows the same rules during and after the lockdown, which won't happen as long as it's left up to the state governors, the effort is doomed. 

If we all masked a few weeks we could restart the economy and save lives. But the zombies are too dumb to follow that logic. They think mask = lockdown. They now want the vaccine, much the same Elway someone keeps eating a bucket of chicken a day because they get cheap stations. 

2 minutes ago, IStream said:

The sad thing is that it's not too late. With a two week lockdown, we could get levels down to where they need to be and then re-start from there. The problem is that unless the whole damned country follows the same rules during and after the lockdown, which won't happen as long as it's left up to the state governors, the effort is doomed. 

Erm..NO 

Try a 4 month lockdown. 

You are not goint to be able to contain this in even a month unless you forced every American to lock down and test weekly for a month.

And all those with guns shoot themselves in the head. Before the election. 

4 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

What I suspect they mean is "Fuck you, I got mine"

Is that like the "fuck you all, I still have 75% of my income" attitude about supporting the extensive lockdown we are suffering?