Sign in to follow this  
badlatitude

Biden hits back

Biden Takes Trump's Favorite Line Of Attack, And Fires It Right Back At Him

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden turned the tables on President Donald Trump when it came to a favorite Republican attack line. 

Trump has questioned Biden’s mental fitness, claiming he’s “not all there” and “mentally shot.” His reelection campaign has been busted for using doctored images and deceptively edited videos to feed that narrative. 

But when asked about his mental fitness by a reporter in North Carolina, Biden turned it around by reciting a list of some of Trump’s famous mental gaffes and lapses. 

“Look at him,” Biden told WRAL’s Cullen Browder earlier this week. “I’m not the guy who by the way said the problem with the Revolutionary War is we didn’t have enough airports. I’m not the guy who said the attack that took down the trade towers was on 7-Eleven.” 

And, Biden added, he’s not the guy who advised injecting bleach to treat the coronavirus. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/joe-biden-reverses-trumps-attack-line-082321742.html

• Like 2

Trump falls into the trap he set for Biden

Donald Trump will face Joe Biden within days for the first of three presidential debates, and some of the president’s supporters are already bracing for a humiliating loss. 

White House allies, Republican donors and some of Trump’s closest advisers worry that a recent, frenzied push by his top lieutenants to portray Biden as a seasoned debater — with the goal of raising expectations for the Democratic presidential nominee — is too late and too disingenuous to have an impact when the two meet on the debate stage next Tuesday.

hey worry Trump has set a trap for himself by incessantly attacking Biden’s age and mental acumen. It’s a tactic the president has maintained even as his campaign publicly insists the former vice president is fully capable of a satisfactory performance. Unlike the president, who has spuriously claimed Biden is “probably” on performance-enhancing drugs, Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh attributed Biden’s “quite good” performance in past debates to the Democrat’s ability “to turn it on when the cameras come” after years of experience in politics.

“Eight years as vice president, three decades in the Senate, two debates as vice president and he just came through about a dozen debates in the Democratic primaries where he vanquished two dozen opponents — that’s the Joe Biden we’re expecting,” Murtaugh said.

It’s this type of expectation-setting that some of the president’s allies believe he and his campaign should have engaged in all along, an approach they’re now frustrated to see deployed so close to the Sept. 29 debate in Cleveland. The Trump campaign spent the bulk of this summer questioning whether “Sleepy Joe” is fit for office and accusing the Biden campaign of trying to circumvent the traditional debates to avoid a potentially embarrassing situation for their candidate.

“This idea of Biden not knowing how to debate is ridiculous. The more that expectations are lowered for him the worse,” said former White House press secretary Sean Spicer.

“A lot of folks are looking for a reason to declare him the victor and now they’ll be able to use Trump’s words as a way to justify their verdict that Biden won,” added Spicer, who believes Biden “will land a punch or two” against Trump but doubts either candidate’s performance will affect the race all that much. 

Ed Rollins, a veteran GOP strategist who currently runs a pro-Trump super PAC, said the Trump campaign has “so diminished” Biden that he is virtually guaranteed to be perceived as the winner once he and Trump emerge from their first debate. 

“Biden has clearly shown he can function, the bar is low and the expectations are so low, all he has to do is exceed those expectations,” Rollins said.

More at the link: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/23/trump-biden-first-debate-420189

They should put up an entry ramp to walk down and set a glass of water on each guy’s podium. 

of course a big boxing glove on a stick activated by lies would be fantastic 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

They should put up an entry ramp to walk down and set a glass of water on each guy’s podium. 

of course a big boxing glove on a stick activated by lies would be fantastic 

Or a trapdoor over a pit filled with alligators.

26 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

If Trump wanders over to stand behind Biden he should turn and say "Get the FUCK away from me right NOW".

Pointing out the office dopey ass Art of the Deal tricks that he pulls would definitely win some points.  God I hope he's read it during research.

35 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

A glass trapdoor above a pit filled with sharks. That would keep Trump from saying a word.

30 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

If Trump wanders over to stand behind Biden he should turn and say "Get the FUCK away from me right NOW".

You're infected!  You've already killed over 200,000 with your Trump virus!

27 minutes ago, Jules said:

You're infected!  You've already killed over 200,000 with your Trump virus!

Joe should just calmly turn around and hand Trump a mask and remind him about safe social distance and 6’.

edit—-And mention Dr. Fauci and the CDC

• Like 2

Biden Takes Trump’s Favorite Line Of Attack, And Fires It Right Back At Him

The Democratic nominee uses Trump’s own words to dismantle a persistent right-wing talking point.

Look at him,” Biden told WRAL’s Cullen Browder earlier this week. “I’m not the guy who by the way said the problem with the Revolutionary War is we didn’t have enough airports. I’m not the guy who said the attack that took down the trade towers was on 7-Eleven.” 

And, Biden added, he’s not the guy who advised injecting bleach to treat the coronavirus.

Cousin Mary says Joe should only refer to the imposter as "Donald". 

which will drive him wild 

I wish I shared all you all's optimism on Biden's pending debate performance.  I am going to make every effort to watch it.  I fear that Trump will simply overwhelm Biden with the shear number of words and rapid response of pure gibberish that goes over better on TV, especially if moderators are unable or unwilling to fact check in real time.  I would be a lot more comfortable with Ms. Harris facing Trump down.  I would vote for Biden if he ends up in a nursing home prior to the election before I voted for Trump.

I am hoping that I am very wrong as usual.

8 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I wish I shared all you all's optimism on Biden's pending debate performance.  I am going to make every effort to watch it.  I fear that Trump will simply overwhelm Biden with the shear number of words and rapid response of pure gibberish that goes over better on TV, especially if moderators are unable or unwilling to fact check in real time.  I would be a lot more comfortable with Ms. Harris facing Trump down.  I would vote for Biden if he ends up in a nursing home prior to the election before I voted for Trump.

I am hoping that I am very wrong as usual.

That's very real concern.  Biden ain't what he used to be.  But if he can be coached to take Trump on and attack the Orange One where he's most vulnerable - his ego - and he does it effectively, Biden can own Trump. 

I came from a pretty rough side of Chicago and if you didn't learn to not only take it back but to dish it out effectively, you didn't survive.  Joe needs to take his Scranton roots and take pussy boy on head-on.  Mr. Soft Hands won't know what to do.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

That's very real concern.  Biden ain't what he used to be.  But if he can be coached to take Trump on and attack the Orange One where he's most vulnerable - his ego - and he does it effectively, Biden can own Trump. 

I came from a pretty rough side of Chicago and if you didn't learn to not only take it back but to dish it out effectively, you didn't survive.  Joe needs to take his Scranton roots and take pussy boy on head-on.  Mr. Soft Hands won't know what to do.

A quick punt to the nads right off the bat will slow Donald down.

Would anybody else like to see Biden vs Trump in a game of Jeopardy, with categories such as The US Constitution, American History, and World Leaders?

7 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

ECDF9632-B105-42C3-9FC4-F9CDF8312419.jpeg

His words alone should be sufficient for any normally functioning adult to conclude Donald Trump has no business being president of the United States, or anywhere else for that matter.  But if his family wants him running their business, have at it.

17 hours ago, Fakenews said:

No...sharks.  

• Like 1

Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!

It's so-o amazing, how can he do that? People are saying, nobody can figure out how he does that. It's just beautiful, it's so amazing that it's completely... amazing.

Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!    Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!    Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!    Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!    Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!     Person... Man... Woman... Camera... TV!!

- DSK

16 hours ago, Ishmael said:

A quick punt to the nads right off the bat will slow Donald down.

That presupposes he has some.

34 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That presupposes he has some.

According to the bumper sticker in the marina and the dick faced lady's(?) t-shirt, he is the only one that does, finally.

On 9/26/2020 at 10:03 AM, dacapo said:
On 9/25/2020 at 4:52 PM, Fakenews said:

No...sharks.  

.... with frickin laser beams!

• Like 1

Trump is scared. He's demanding Biden get a drug test before the debate. He needs to have an excuse for backing out or a 'reason' why he gets utterly crushed. Trump, like most cowardly bullies (is that redundant?) is nothing if not predictable. 

56 minutes ago, DustyDreamer said:

Trump is scared. He's demanding Biden get a drug test before the debate. He needs to have an excuse for backing out or a 'reason' why he gets utterly crushed. Trump, like most cowardly bullies (is that redundant?) is nothing if not predictable. 

Is he volunteering to take one himself? Fuck no. Cram it up your ass sideways, Donnie.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:03 PM, badlatitude said:

Biden Takes Trump's Favorite Line Of Attack, And Fires It Right Back At Him

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden turned the tables on President Donald Trump when it came to a favorite Republican attack line. 

Trump has questioned Biden’s mental fitness, claiming he’s “not all there” and “mentally shot.” His reelection campaign has been busted for using doctored images and deceptively edited videos to feed that narrative. 

But when asked about his mental fitness by a reporter in North Carolina, Biden turned it around by reciting a list of some of Trump’s famous mental gaffes and lapses. 

“Look at him,” Biden told WRAL’s Cullen Browder earlier this week. “I’m not the guy who by the way said the problem with the Revolutionary War is we didn’t have enough airports. I’m not the guy who said the attack that took down the trade towers was on 7-Eleven.” 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/joe-biden-reverses-trumps-attack-line-082321742.html

From a teleprompter?

2 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

From a teleprompter?

Watch the debate Tuesday evening for a chance to see who needs a teleprompter. It won't be Biden.

43 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Watch the debate Tuesday evening for a chance to see who needs a teleprompter. It won't be Biden.

I sure will.. however there is NO place in a debate for teleprompters ... written notes NO problem but no teleprompters !

2 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

I sure will.. however there is NO place in a debate for teleprompters ... written notes NO problem but no teleprompters !

That's why I expect Trump to stumble.

10 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Trump only stumbles when reading a teleprompter, extemporaneously he can go for hours on many current affairs 

6 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

he can go for hours on many current affairs 

we need more of that.  every time he is on a teleprompter he gets independents to rationalize that they can vote for him.

12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Given the size of the font Trump’s written notes would require there’s no way he’ll be able to have more than 2 or 3 at the podium.

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

we need more of that.  every time he is on a teleprompter he gets independents to rationalize that they can vote for him.

He does OK and every now and then trips over a word, after all he has never used one until he became President.. Joe has trouble with finishing a thought or using the appropriate words in the proper context... his synapses are short circuited and he spits out random words 

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Given the size of the font Trump’s written notes would require there’s no way he’ll be able to have more than 2 or 3 at the podium.

lol obviously you have not seen him on the stump ! Or impromptu Q&As to and fro Marine One or AF1... the guy is not shy

oh, we've watched trumps 'stumps'.  He appeals strongly to those with an IQ of between 40 and 90. They 'get' him.

#savethechildren

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

oh, we've watched trumps 'stumps'.  He appeals strongly to those with an IQ of between 40 and 90. They 'get' him.

#savethechildren

Yep theses lost children