LarryE

Sabre 34 mk 2 CB

Good bottom

Almost new sails

Really slow, not going to be really fast. Just really slow. Maybe that's what it is.

PHRF around 140 says it's kinda slow, not really slow - for a cruising boat.

140 for a 34 foot cruising boat with a centerboard is honestly about right in my mind 

That’s right in there with the speed of a C&C 34 or Tartan 33.  Even the more race oriented Peterson 34 or Ericson 33RH rate in the 126 range...

1 hour ago, Crash said:

That’s right in there with the speed of a C&C 34 or Tartan 33.  Even the more race oriented Peterson 34 or Ericson 33RH rate in the 126 range...

Pet 34s are 117 'round these parts, and sail to it OK.  A Sabre 34-2 CB is at 150. So definitelty a fair bit slower (or the Sabre has a gift rating).  But in all honesty, Sabres are slow-ish, esp in lighter air.

Sure, but it’s a cruiser-racer, with a centerboard.  So you’ll be more comfortable then on the Peterson, and able to get into creeks or inlets, etc, that you can’t in the Peterson.  Every boat is a bunch of compromises...

14 hours ago, Crash said:

Sure, but it’s a cruiser-racer, with a centerboard.  So you’ll be more comfortable then on the Peterson, and able to get into creeks or inlets, etc, that you can’t in the Peterson.  Every boat is a bunch of compromises...

I wasn't recommending the Pet over the Sabre - different animals. Comfort vs (relative) speed, and what's your priority, etc. During this COVID summer I've been daysailing a Sabre 36 with my daughter - and it's a different experience (with different expectations) than the Farr 40 racing I normally do. Different universe...

• Like 1