Sean

Trump’s Taxes

4 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Instead of bloviating and blustering, if the NYT's is fake he could just release his taxes.  You know, like Nike - just do it.

Where would the fun be in that?

hey!  The space station just passed overhead!  Space force!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Really though this thread needs a poll “Did you pay more in US taxes than Donald Trump?”

Be quicker to ask if anyone paid less...

...anyone?

25 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Fake News 

24BAD0C2-F45C-4509-90FC-24FBB12A408E.jpeg

Dipshit chimed in early.  He's practically robotic now.

IF: Makes Trump look bad

THEN: Fake News.

ELSE: True.

ENDIF

Just now, frenchie said:

...anyone?

My cat paid less.  My grand niece and nephew paid less, but their only 9.  My boat paid more.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Instead of bloviating and blustering, if the NYT's is fake he could just release his taxes.  You know, like Nike - just do it.

Because his supporters need evidence?   BozoBozo's already defending him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Like Obama did when some bullshitter was asking about his Birth Certificate? 

What a thought provoking suggestion. 

9 minutes ago, frenchie said:

...anyone?

Well, yes. I did.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

When faced with the most inconvenient truth Donnies go to has always been to bloviate and bluster, the next is to initiate some dramatic distraction.

Truth is for suckers and losers.

6 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

When faced with the most inconvenient truth Donnies go to has always been to bloviate and bluster, the next is to initiate some dramatic distraction.

Truth is for suckers and losers.

Get ready for the US invasion of {YOUR STATE HERE}.

He sure does own the libs, doesn’t he, Bullshitters? I mean, as long as he can put them on the card. 

18 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Too bad Antifa didn't go to war with the "Proud" Boys in Portland.  Bam, the feds would have been there in a minute.  Much sadness in the Oval. 

By the way, what, exactly, is wrong with being anti-fascist?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received “consulting fees” that also helped reduce the family’s tax bill.

Ivanka can got to jail for this.  As an officer of the trump org, she can't get consulting fees for projects she was working on.

2 minutes ago, svitale said:

Ivanka can got to jail for this.  As an officer of the trump org, she can't get consulting fees for projects she was working on.

Does Mr. barr know about this?

He can fix it...

46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Like Obama did when some bullshitter was asking about his Birth Certificate? 

What a thought provoking suggestion. 

Yeah, but where is his long form?

39 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

We're safe, I live in the Lone Star state - Taxes. 

23 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He sure does own the libs, doesn’t he, Bullshitters? I mean, as long as he can put them on the card. 

At best he can rent the libs.

-Partisan Watchdog Accuses Trump Campaign Of 'Laundering' $170 Million (Parscale)

TOPLINE The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale. 

And then today(on edit: he probably knew of this story which dropped Tuesday) he hears the NYTimes has tax records and he threatens suicide before being Baker Acted to prevent self harm. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/07/28/non-partisan-watchdog-accuses-trump-campaign-of-laundering-170-million/#7961054e6128

• Like 1

Buckle up for a WILD 36 days all you losers that pay taxes.

7 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Taxes, The Comey Rule and Parscale.  Quite a day.  Dog should have lots of material to refute deflect from and lie about tomorrow.

Expanderated.

I can’t wait to see what the GOP senior exec do now they know he’s broke and it’s all in the open.

My gut says nothing, gutless immoral cunts need to fight in packs after all.

Shame you can’t jail people for voting for corrupt despots.  

9 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

I can’t wait to see what the GOP senior exec do now they know he’s broke and it’s all in the open.

It MIGHT be the out they've been waiting for.

8 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Give it six months they will all be saying "Donnie who?"

Just the self preservationist kinda guys they are, the same ones marching in lockstep with Donnie yesterday.

Donnie has rendered the GOP/Trump brand radioactive this is gonna get interesting.

31 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Give it six months they will all be saying "Donnie who?"

Just the self preservationist kinda guys they are, the same ones marching in lockstep with Donnie yesterday.

Donnie has rendered the GOP/Trump brand radioactive this is gonna get interesting.

going to get interesting you say....

this has been the greatest story ever told - and there is so much more  to come

Just the trailer for the comey film is powerful, fascinating, frightening,  enlightening

Dylan

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

At best he can rent the libs.

Or say he will, and then stiff ‘em.

45 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

The payoff has to be coming from somewhere.....

55 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Buckle up for a WILD 36 days all you losers that pay taxes.

You mean I didn’t buy a judge with that?

This whole story is a big yawn.

Is there anything in it that a sentient person didn't already know was the case?

Is there anything in it that will change the "thinking" of a single Trump supporter?

10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Is there anything in it that a sentient person didn't already know was the case?

Is there anything in it that will change the "thinking" of a single Trump supporter?

I think that anyone who cares about their democracy should watch all this very carefully. It is too important to be dismissed as a yawn

17 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You mean the tax story or the Comey Rule?

Something tells me this President isn’t going to be as quiet and out of the news as George W Bush was after his presiduncy. It’s going to be fun watching @Dog try to pretend that Trump never existed after he leaves office. 

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

...anyone?

I paid less once. I was in high school and only worked 2 months that year :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Lol... simpleton that is the bait ... shameless pandering to the loinfomofo base

6 hours ago, Mike G said:

It MIGHT be the out they've been waiting for.

:lol:

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I paid less once. I was in high school and only worked 2 months that year :rolleyes:

Good little Dem in the making 

seriously  .. is there anyone who did not think that this was exactly the situation

hence the reason why he would never show them

grifters godda grift

scammers godda scam

liars godda lie

trumps a hat trick

still wont make a bean of difference to the anti usa brigade though .. they will still vote for him

1 minute ago, phill_nz said:

seriously  .. is there anyone who did not think that this was exactly the situation

hence the reason why he would never show them

grifters godda grift

scammers godda scam

liars godda lie

trumps a hat trick

still wont make a bean of difference to the anti usa brigade though .. they will still vote for him

More concerning is how the Obama’s made 100’s of million dollars in 4 years... 

8 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Fake News 

24BAD0C2-F45C-4509-90FC-24FBB12A408E.jpeg

so why does he release his taxes to prove them wrong? every other president has?

Seriously BB is that the official position .

On the news that the orange oaf,  shit for brains, lets lie to the people and pretend to be a billionare, is once again an almost bankrupt teetering on the edge while hemorrhaging more money than he actually has while running highly illegal grifting scams like paying Ivanka consulting fees despite the fact she is an officer of the same company?

Or the 170 million grift that implicates Brad P and makes him grab for his Guns.

The game is up, this plus 200,000 Covid deaths will render your hero unelectable, good luck the US will never get behind such an obvious loser now that the charade has been exposed.

I just figured  now to make a fortune, Start a GO FUND ME , to pay his taxes , There's a lot of stupid republican's that would send in money for his taxes.

Ask Steve Bannon how that worked out for the border wall,  he made a fortune 

5 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

im not sure he did

but if you have a good lead to show that being anything other than tin foil hat stuff .. im interested

but

i still have to ask

how is an ex presidents scams more concerning than the present presidents scams .. thats the bit i have to wonder about

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Because he's smarter than Trump.

18 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

so why does he release his taxes to prove them wrong? every other president has?

In this country you don’t have to prove your innocence... I guess they don’t teach that in school these days which is part of the subversive indoctrination of good little comrades 

It seems that he ran his daddy’s business into the ground until nobody would lend to him. Where have we heard that story before?

29 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

In this country you don’t have to prove your innocence... I guess they don’t teach that in school these days which is part of the subversive indoctrination of good little comrades 

Unless you're a Democrat or a black person.

- DSK

49 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

Well, obviously, he is still under audit. (yes, I know that has nothing to do with releasing his taxes, but I just saw a blurb with Trump giving that reason this weekend)

12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Unless you're a Democrat or a black person.

- DSK

Cry me a River you disingenuous tool 

12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

120192581_3669400846405818_8039123566631929283_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=6DO_R58vzGwAX9P8OV8&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=4fe3a12f55c3338cdafdeafadc268939&oe=5F97AAB8

This may be a bigger story.    What would this US President do to avoid paying foreign taxes?    How would US foreign policy by affected?   Would he cozy up with a Philippine dictator for a tax break?    How about foreign aid?    

The elk find themselves in a very difficult position. How do they pull back from Trump after investing so much money, time, and moral fabric defending him. Probably easiest to just slink away into oblivion.

13 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

The elk find themselves in a very difficult position. How do they pull back from Trump after investing so much money, time, and moral fabric defending him. Probably easiest to just slink away into oblivion.

Mass suicide would be the best option. Is "tallest cliff I can jump off" trending on Google, I hope?

- DSK

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Mass suicide would be the best option. Is "tallest cliff I can jump off" trending on Google, I hope?

- DSK

You are encouraging Trump supporters to commit suicide in mass?

Some really great people on this forum.

3 minutes ago, jzk said:

Other states have taller cliffs than Massachusetts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I would give anything to be a fly at the Trump family dinner tonight. All the daughter-in-laws thinking their life would be luxury in the future, just realized that they better get hot with their Social Security payments.

Payments??

15 minutes ago, jzk said:
25 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Just pointing out a good option, it's completely and totally up to them. Being a Trumpalo is kind of like being in a Jonestown cult.

- DSK

12 minutes ago, jzk said:

The board has gone from wanting to kill you to hoping you self murder.

I’m not sure the country is prepared for mass suicide by Trump voters.  Perhaps if they drag it out over several years.

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

Just pointing out a good option, it's completely and totally up to them. Being a Trumpalo is kind of like being in a Jonestown cult.

- DSK

Anyone that would advocate mass suicide is a piece of shit.

Trump is going to have a tough time financing his way out of his significant money problems. Forbes estimated his net worth dropped $600 million in the last year, but I think that's conservative. https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/09/08/trumps-net-worth-drops-600-million-in-a-year-to-25-billion/#5946260e2363

Rough time to be so heavily invested in NYC real estate, and I think it's going to get worse before it gets any better. His equity stakes in nearly all his properties has plummeted in value, but the debt remains. NY is a ghost town these days. Telecommuting is here to stay me thinks.

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

It's a compelling argument for a flat tax.

I don't know that a flat tax really addresses the issue here. Legitimate business expenses will need to be deductible, otherwise it would destroy the business models of any low margin businesses. If a business is losing money, there is no profit to tax. The problem here seems to be a combination of Trump's businesses actually being failures and chronic money losers along with the possibility that he also exaggerated or claimed expenses which were not legitimate. I don't see a flat tax really addressing either of those things. 

Just now, Sean said:

Trump is going to have a tough time financing his way out of his significant money problems. Forbes estimated his net worth dropped $600 million in the last year, but I think that's conservative. https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/09/08/trumps-net-worth-drops-600-million-in-a-year-to-25-billion/#5946260e2363

Rough time to be so heavily invested in NYC real estate, and I think it's going to get worse before it gets any better. His equity stakes in nearly all his properties has plummeted in value, but the debt remains. NY is a ghost town these days. Telecommuting is here to stay me thinks.

Maybe maybe not.  What does that have to do with anything?  Seems like he hired tax professionals to ensure he pay the least amount of tax possible.  I am pretty sure that is the goal of people using turbotax as well.

Just now, LenP said:

I don't know that a flat tax really addresses the issue here. Legitimate business expenses will need to be deductible, otherwise it would destroy the business models of any low margin businesses. If a business is losing money, there is no profit to tax. The problem here seems to be a combination of Trump's businesses actually being failures and chronic money losers along with the possibility that he also exaggerated or claimed expenses which were not legitimate. I don't see a flat tax really addressing either of those things. 

Trump paying so little tax is most likely a result of real estate depreciation and loss carry forward from the 2008 era.

1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

Seriously BB is that the official position .

On the news that the orange oaf,  shit for brains, lets lie to the people and pretend to be a billionare, is once again an almost bankrupt teetering on the edge while hemorrhaging more money than he actually has while running highly illegal grifting scams like paying Ivanka consulting fees despite the fact she is an officer of the same company?

Or the 170 million grift that implicates Brad P and makes him grab for his Guns.

The game is up, this plus 200,000 Covid deaths will render your hero unelectable, good luck the US will never get behind such an obvious loser now that the charade has been exposed.

I think you are giving the elk too much credit..  No way no how is he unelectable (as much as I hate to say it..)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LenP said:

Yeah.I recall a year that my income was say $480,000 before expenses and about $40,000 after :o. That business could have in no way paid any flat tax on 480K, I was lucky to make payroll  and lots of taxes get paid on that! Sales tax too, you get no break from that.

OTOH the current system allows a lot of hiding personal expenses as business losses. I'll paint KENT ISLAND FISHING LURES on a big Bertram and cruise the Bahamas for "marketing", yeah - that's the ticket - marketing! :D

2 minutes ago, jzk said:

What does that have to do with anything?

It means Trump is all smoke and mirrors. He's a con man, not the financial genius he's convinced you and your elk he is. 

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

He’s got $400M in loans coming due.  Who’s going to refinance that when he’s no longer in office?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sean said:

It means Trump is all smoke and mirrors. He's a con man, not the financial genius he's convinced you and your elk he is. 

I don't think most libertarians care much at all about Trump and his finances.  

10 minutes ago, jzk said:

200,000K by your guy...  = Piece of shit....  

• Like 1

Just now, shaggy said:

200,000K by your guy...  = Piece of shit....  

Who is my guy?  Are you saying that Trump advocated the mass suicide of 200,000 people?

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

The fervor over getting hold of his taxes was based on the belief that they would reveal some illegality. Apparently they do not.

1 minute ago, jzk said:

Who is my guy?  Are you saying that Trump advocated the mass suicide of 200,000 people?

yes..

59 minutes ago, Lark said:

This may be a bigger story.    What would this US President do to avoid paying foreign taxes?    How would US foreign policy by affected?   Would he cozy up with a Philippine dictator for a tax break?    How about foreign aid?    

He may have, but it looks like he paid the foreign taxes to avoid any problem with interference with his business.

11 minutes ago, shaggy said:

I think you are giving the elk too much credit..  No way no how is he unelectable (as much as I hate to say it..)

I don't expect it will do much to convince folks to leave the cult, but it will likely keep him from closing the gap with Biden. That along with Tom Ridge endorsing Biden should keep my state safely blue this time around. 

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

The fervor over getting hold of his taxes was based on the belief that they would reveal some illegality. Apparently they do not.

I imagine some people might get pissed that he didn't pay any taxes for almost 15 years, while actively living the lifestyle of a billionaire, and paying $70,000 to get his hair done and jetting around in a $150,000,000 Boeing 757.

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

That has to be Trump's biggest conundrum right now. Is he poor or is he a tax cheat?

You know he wants to scream "I'm not poor, I just fudged the numbers to cheat the IRS!" His handlers must be struggling to keep him muzzled this AM.

3 minutes ago, Willin' said:

That has to be Trump's biggest conundrum right now. Is he poor or is he a tax cheat?

You know he wants to scream "I'm not poor, I just fudged the numbers to cheat the IRS!" His handlers must be struggling to keep him muzzled this AM.

A doubleheader. He is a tax cheat and he is poor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I imagine some people might get pissed that he didn't pay any taxes for almost 15 years, while actively living the lifestyle of a billionaire, and paying $70,000 to get his hair done and jetting around in a $150,000,000 Boeing 757.

It pisses me off too but the fault lies in an obscenely complex tax code that the rich can exploit.

If there is any real indictment of Trump in it it's that he paid $70,000 for that hair.

30 minutes ago, jzk said:

Trump retweeted himself as Thanos snapping his finger, instantly killing half the life in the universe.   So....ummm....

Just now, Dog said:

It pisses me off too but the fault lies in an obscenely complex tax code that the rich can exploit.

If there is any real indictment of Trump in it it's that he paid $70,000 for that hair.

Besides the results he got?

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

So you're pissed that you aren't rich enough to be a tax cheat too rather than that he cheats, hides it, lies about it and gets away with it?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
12 minutes ago, Willin' said:

With Trump it's easy to figure out which.  Just take what he says and conclude the opposite.  Therefore he is both.

14 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
18 minutes ago, Willin' said:

That's my bet.

Back when he was little, he idolized his racist crook of a father and wanted to be like him... as all little boys do, but fortunately the vast majority of us have better examples to idolize. He never did quite learn how to assemble a profit-making enterprise, or even manage one that was already making a profit. End result, he not only pissed away his father's vast wealth (almost certainly over a billion in actual value), he borrowed against it and then cheated his creditors.

"Real men don't just stiff the tax man, their investors, their subcontractors, and their employees, REAL men stiff their lawyers too!"

All Trump has ever done is lie, bluster, and bully. It's all he knows how to do. It's really shame that it worked so well on so many people, hopefully as Trump's paper-thin facade of success crumples and blows away, many will wake up and not be so easy to fool next time.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

And there is reason to hope, look at how few people fall for the "I'm a Nigerian prince" scam these days.

- DSK

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dog said:

How did you arrive at that interpretation with what has been released at this point?