Sean

Trump’s Taxes

Doug Mills/The New York Times
LONG-CONCEALED RECORDS SHOW TRUMP’S CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due.

• Like 1

Paid $ 750.00 in Fed taxes in 2016 & again in 2017. Seems about for a LOSER. 

3 minutes ago, Sean said:
Doug Mills/The New York Times
LONG-CONCEALED RECORDS SHOW TRUMP’S CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due.

Surprise, surprise, surprise...  (apologies to Gomer).

• Like 1

Let me add some meat to that.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.

bust-narrow.jpg

The tax returns that Mr. Trump has long fought to keep private tell a story fundamentally different from the one he has sold to the American public. His reports to the I.R.S. portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes. Now, with his financial challenges mounting, the records show that he depends more and more on making money from businesses that put him in potential and often direct conflict of interest with his job as president.

The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

I laugh at all the Americans that believe he is good for the economy. But guess what? It won't make a single difference at all.

• Like 3

Reading it now at the Times.  Pretty humiliating.for Trump.  Teases that more will be coming in the next few week.

6 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Reading it now at the Times.  Pretty humiliating.for Trump.  Teases that more will be coming in the next few week.

I imagine the blood vessels in his brain are on the verge of popping. I hope someone knows to slit his wrists to reduce the pressure.

tRump speaking at a presser right now. Says “ we will be releasing some very powerful things “  “soon “. 

Brilliant mind this one has. 

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Trump has relied on lawyers to get him out pf paying what he owes countless times.  It was probably 20 or more years ago I read an interview article about him where he said "Lawyers are cheaper."  That's his MO.

I hope Biden walks on stage for the debate and the first thing out of his mouth is "Hey Don, I saw the Times, all this time you were the biggest loser."

• Like 1

The Twitter verse will explode.  Stand by and wear your personal protection gear.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

The Twitter verse will explode.  Stand by and wear your personal protection gear.

• Like 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/us/trump-taxes-takeaways.html

Excerpt -

Among the key findings of The Times’s investigation:

• Mr. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.

• He has reduced his tax bill with questionable measures, including a $72.9 million tax refund that is the subject of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service.

• Many of his signature businesses, including his golf courses, report losing large amounts of money — losses that have helped him to lower his taxes.

• The financial pressure on him is increasing as hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he personally guaranteed are soon coming due.

• Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.

• Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received “consulting fees” that also helped reduce the family’s tax bill.

• As president, he has received more money from foreign sources and U.S. interest groups than previously known. The records do not reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.

3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Question to anyone who might know. How did Obama earn more than his presidential salary? I thought any earnings over his 400k had to captured by trust?

Trump must have taken tax advice from Leona Helmsley:

"We don't pay taxes; only the little people pay taxes," 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Question to anyone who might know. How did Obama earn more than his presidential salary? I thought any earnings over his 400k had to captured by trust?

You can look it up -

Obama released seven years’ worth of his tax returns during his 2008 presidential campaign — keeping with longstanding tradition of transparency by many major party candidates. Then, while in office, he published on the White House website his tax returns for 2008200920102011201220132014and 2015.

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

You can look it up -

Obama released seven years’ worth of his tax returns during his 2008 presidential campaign — keeping with longstanding tradition of transparency by many major party candidates. Then, while in office, he published on the White House website his tax returns for 2008200920102011201220132014and 2015.

Well, that a big difference from certain tax cheats, isn't it?

This may sway about 0.0% of Trumpalos. They wish they were smart enough to pull off a con like this, but their bulk lotto ticket purchases keep not paying off :rolleyes:

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Jules said:

Trump has relied on lawyers to get him out pf paying what he owes countless times.  It was probably 20 or more years ago I read an interview article about him where he said "Lawyers are cheaper."  That's his MO.

Trump's supporters, including the ones that post here, will look at this and conclude that he was just being a "genius" of a business man and is exactly what this country needs to get the economy where it needs to be.   F#$k, I am retired, on a fixed income, and I pay orders of magnitude more in taxes than Trump.  Where the f#8k is my limo and private jet?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

This may sway about 0.0% of Trumpalos. They wish they were smart enough to pull off a con like this, but their bulk lotto ticket purchases keep not paying off :rolleyes:

There may be fence sitters who don't like it. I'll take all of them.

1 minute ago, bridhb said:

Trump's supporters, including the ones that post here, will look at this and conclude that he was just being a "genius" of a business man and is exactly what this country needs to get the economy where it needs to be.   F#$k, I am retired, on a fixed income, and I pay orders of magnitude more in taxes than Trump.  Where the f#8k is my limo and private jet?

To be fair, I bet about all of the 1% would pay $99 in legal fees to avoid $100 in taxes. Trump is just the only one dumb enough to get into politics :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

120359145_3392625740772805_2132942542599483549_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=QjWrOiyULVYAX_-sEv9&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=aa89d5308a62223be68a9a7752eee66d&oe=5F9784B8

The residents of the world should be getting compensation just to have to be exposed to that ridiculous thing on his f*&king head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

120359145_3392625740772805_2132942542599483549_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=QjWrOiyULVYAX_-sEv9&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=aa89d5308a62223be68a9a7752eee66d&oe=5F9784B8

Performers and no one else, don't get to declare haircuts, I bet the IRS looks at that one.

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

To be fair, I bet about all of the 1% would pay $99 in legal fees to avoid $100 in taxes. Trump is just the only one dumb enough to get into politics :rolleyes:

Yeah, guess it is my fault that I am a so much of a loser that I never made enough money to employ lawyers to do my taxes.  Sort of says something about our tax laws doesn't it?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sean said:

You can look it up -

I think Obama had book royalty income (I say as a sometime author who would like to be that successful with my books).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Also dumb enough, familial, to do stuff like declare the consultant income to the exact dollar that was illegally paid. Also the two boys going on at length about an estate they used as a family residence that was nominally an investment property. At times they are their own worst enemies.

Looking so forward to the soon to be announced IRS forensic accounting investigation of all things Trump,  not excluding the children.
If that’s not actively underway now I expect it will be announced around November 4th perhaps.

Between the lawyers the IRS and the outstanding lawsuits it would be karma for Trump and the children to end up with precisely zero and having to dress in Orange to receive their food and board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Looking so forward to the soon to be announced IRS forensic accounting investigation of all things Trump,  not excluding the children.
If that’s not actively underway now I expect it will be announced around November 4th perhaps.

Between the lawyers the IRS and the outstanding lawsuits it would be karma for Trump and the children to end up with precisely zero and having to dress in Orange to receive their food and board.

That begs the question why did the IRS keep this confidential all these years? Yeah, he was under an audit, why a rolling audit, and why was it allowed?

Just now, d'ranger said:

I will await tomorrow's talking points.  drip drip drip

I sense an emergency leave tomorrow morning. Nah, don't believe it, this is leaked confidential information, it doesn't count, it could be planted by Trump enemies.

I do need to remember who all my friends are that like Trump because he is a successful businessman.  I would be more successful if I didn't pay any income tax, although I am not smart enough to work out how to do that.

So he paid more for sex than he did in taxes?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I sense an emergency leave tomorrow morning. Nah, don't believe it, this is leaked confidential information, it doesn't count, it could be planted by Trump enemies.

Bone spurs acting up?

How can the elk defend this one. Trump's appealing behaviour in so many ways has been completely normalized. He has done dozens of things that would mark the end of any other president's reign. Hopefully this one is enough.

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

Bone spurs acting up?

Fear of being asked a question. This news cancels all presidential press conferences until after the election.

1 minute ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

How can the elk defend this one. Trump's appealing behaviour in so many ways has been completely normalized. He has done dozens of things that would mark the end of any other president's reign. Hopefully this one is enough.

Get a grip. He could bite the head off a baby girl on stage and they'd be fine with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Ishmael said:

Get a grip. He could bite the head off a baby girl on stage and they'd be fine with it.

black or white?

He will be envied by his followers.  If bad-mouthing the military doesn't lose him followers, this won't either.

"If you don't like it, change the tax laws" and "that means he's smart" and on and on.

Won't cost him a follower with his faithful.

I seem to remember the question of his tax returns coming up in his debate with Clinton in 2016, he flipped it off with "smart practice" or somesuch. Why does anyone think it will be any different this time?

19 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

The elk will still remain believers.

The news is from the failing NYT.

He has a very big Brain the numbers are saying so.

He must be smart only paying 750 tax,  hell that’s less than we pay in health insurance per month, genius.

I would give anything to be a fly at the Trump family dinner tonight. All the daughter-in-laws thinking their life would be luxury in the future, just realized that they better get hot with their Social Security payments.

2 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

The elk will still remain believers.

The news is from the failing NYT.

He has a very big Brain the numbers are saying so.

He must be smart only paying 750 tax,  hell that’s less than we pay in health insurance per month, genius.

I intend to tell them that half of Sailing Anarchy does better than their president.

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I would give anything to be a fly at the Trump family dinner tonight. All the daughter-in-laws thinking their life would be luxury in the future, just realized that they better get hot with their Social Security payments.

He just may have a little heartburn tonight. Maybe forgo the after dinner cheeseburger snack?  I wonder if he can deduct any of the 4380 diet cokes he drinks every year?  

Trump issue a strong denial..

“That is totally fake news, made-up, fake, we will do the same stories you can ask me the same question four years ago I had to litigate this and talk about it,” Trump said.

The President went on to ramble about how he’s been under IRS audit for “a long time.”

“The IRS does not treat me well, they treat me like the tea party and they never treat me well, they treat me very badly,” Trump said.

9 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

He just may have a little heartburn tonight. Maybe forgo the after dinner cheeseburger snack?  I wonder if he can deduct any of the 4380 diet cokes he drinks every year?  

One thing is certain, he will try.

He doesn't pay taxes because he's smart..... According to him.

So, tomorrow when some news person hollers to Donald Trump, and asks for a comment, and when he hollers back 'fake news!' who will be the lucky person to ask him when will he release the real taxes?

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

So, tomorrow when some news person hollers to Donald Trump, and asks for a comment, and when he hollers back 'fake news!' who will be the lucky person to ask him when will he release the real taxes?

I’m sure Joe will ask

• Like 1

The fake appears to be Trump and families business acumen.

The NYT review of Trumps business dealings shows him to be at best egotistical and inept.

His way seems to rely upon tax credits and licensing  to offset outgoings far in excess of those numbers, and let's not forget he once sued Deutsche Bank and won over his failure to repay debt.

I'm picking it will be the best most spectacular bankruptcy ever.

He.got himself four years of public housing, free travel all over the world, government jobs for his kids... You guys are just jealous 

btw: he gets paid to be POTUS every year for life and full time security guards 

WARNING: Trump’s debt is a National Security Emergency . He is a compromised asset of Putin & likely still working for multiple foreign powers incl Russia & Saudi Arabia to stave off financial ruin. #ResignNow

07qz_9w1_normal.jpg

Naveed 

#VetsAgainstTrump

@ArmyofNaveed
Replying to @ArmyofNaveed
Our president has liabilities in the range of $400 million - isn’t debt exactly the type of kompromat agencies look for when vetting folks for security clearances?

6 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

The fake appears to be Trump and families business acumen.

The NYT review of Trumps business dealings shows him to be at best egotistical and inept.

His way seems to rely upon tax credits and licensing  to offset outgoings far in excess of those numbers, and let's not forget he once sued Deutsche Bank and won over his failure to repay debt.

I'm picking it will be the best most spectacular bankruptcy ever.

I believe Deutsche Bank is his primary lender, and their documents might show up sometime soon. Hilarity ensues. 

• Like 2

Little wonder he wouldn't release his tax returns..... I'm sure it's all fake news, of course.... :rolleyes:

Fun fact: 
In 2016, Trump paid Stormy Daniels more than 173x what he paid the federal government in income taxes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Fun fact: 
In 2016, Trump paid Stormy Daniels more than 173x what he paid the federal government in income taxes.

Yeah, but how many times did he fuck Stormy, and how many times has he fucked the rest of the USA? It seems like he got off pretty cheap with the rest of us, comparatively.

Funner fact:

In 2016, Shitstain settled a fraud suit for more than 333333x what he paid the federal government in income taxes. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/11/18/reports-trump-nears-settlement-trump-u-fraud-case/94068946/

Jeff will be along shortly to remind us that at least we don't have Hillary who would have been worse. Guy is concerned yet optimistic. Tom is busy reading the Fast+Furious documents one more time trying to connect it to Benghazi.

Let's pretend for a minute that every tax deduction Trump took is legit.  That means the real fraud is his ability to run a business.

No wonder Deutsche Bank, you know, the bank that is under several compliance investigations, including for enabling tax evasion in the EU, is the only bank that will lend to him. 

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏ̯də] (About this soundlisten)lit. 'harm-joy') is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

It’s what we call watching the news- for the last 4 years- FWIW, we have paid more that D. J. Trump in income taxes for many years.  Of course, this is a yachting site, and Trump couldn’t hack yacht ownership.....so sad......

Trump has let 200,000 Americans die.  Does anyone think Trumpaloos will care about stupid taxes?

It's gonna be a fun week to compare headlines:

CNN: NYT: Records show Trump's years of tax avoidance

MSNBC: NYT obtains two decades of Trump’s tax returns revealing years of tax avoidance

FOX: President calls New York Times report that he avoids paying taxes ‘made up'

Two report on what is in the documents.  The other reports the President dismissing them.  Predictable as fuck. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Trump has let 200,000 Americans die.  Does anyone think Trumpaloos will care about stupid taxes?

Not me.  Trumpaloos buy judges for lunch.  Mass death is nothing, to them.  Trump lying about his wealth is nothing.  Life, for them, is reality TV.  As Eva Dent.

There, I said it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Let's pretend for a minute that every tax deduction Trump took is legit.  That means the real fraud is his ability to run a business.

No wonder Deutsche Bank, you know, the bank that is under several compliance investigations, including for enabling tax evasion in the EU, is the only bank that will lend to him. 

Oh, it’s better than that- even DB won’t lend to him, now.  Everything Trump touches  gets fucked.  Everything. :huh:

12 minutes ago, Amati said:

Oh, it’s better than that- even DB won’t lend to him, now.  Everything Trump touches  gets fucked.  Everything. :huh:

Could be hard to roll that note that comes due in ‘22. 

Unless he is President. 

EDIT: Oh dear....say it ain’t so...

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/09/28/former-trump-campaign-manager-brad-pascale-armed-barricades-self-in-fl-home-police-called/

• Like 1

THAT much in debt, and the leader of the free world. 

Blackmail anybody?

And....those "losers and suckers"  in the military, AND illegal immigrants pay more in taxes than trump.

3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Blackmail anybody?

yaffa-trump-putin.jpg

1 minute ago, Mike G said:

Blackmail anybody?

I’m torn-

#1. What could go wrong?  :rolleyes:

#2.  Nah, that couldn’t happen, could it?  :D

But I still want to know- if Trump defects in Air Force 1, who gets to keep the plane?  Or is like the end of the Prisoner?  ICBMs and dancing girls...

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

In the old days getting caught with a live boy or a dead girl was enough to ruin a politician.

Trump could roast a dead girl and eat her while screwing live boys on Prime Time and probably lose maybe 1 vote and that one would be the one vegan in the Republican Party :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

yaffa-trump-putin.jpg

Putin looks exhausted and bored at the same time.  Trump is a character, all right! :lol:

25 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Could be hard to roll that note that comes due in ‘22. 

Unless he is President. 

EDIT: Oh dear....say it ain’t so...

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/09/28/former-trump-campaign-manager-brad-pascale-armed-barricades-self-in-fl-home-police-called/

Wonder what set Brad off, finding out that all this time he's been working for a smoke and mirrors tax dodger is hardly what I would consider a tipping point although the NYT may have just made Donnie unelectable which may affect his Ferrari payments.