WetHog

Vendee Globe 2020 - Virtual Race

33 minutes ago, Mudsailor said:

Definitely luck not skill with the weather over the last 12hrs

An interesting tack you are on at the moment.  Taking a lot of sterns.

• Like 1

I am out west, but for some strange reason the boats on the Brazil coast are leading now even further west. They look far further away from the waypoint 1 (at Cape Town) which I was presuming was the measurement point for this part of the virtual race 

2 hours ago, winchfodder said:

I am out west, but for some strange reason the boats on the Brazil coast are leading now even further west. They look far further away from the waypoint 1 (at Cape Town) which I was presuming was the measurement point for this part of the virtual race 

:) ..... I ran aground heading East..... not looking good either

combination of fixed twa and wheater update did not work as planned.... still stuck in the same system...

16 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

@mad Hi mate, care to share your thinking, breaking away west ?

A pretty messy weather pattern in front last night and i'm about to fall of that train, also I'm not in a great position anyway, so follow the leader isn't going to help me.

Time to take a flyer and go round the outside.

27 minutes ago, mad said:

A pretty messy weather pattern in front last night and i'm about to fall of that train, also I'm not in a great position anyway, so follow the leader isn't going to help me.

How cute, he thinks we all have a plan. :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TPG said:
33 minutes ago, mad said:

How cute, he thinks we all have a plan. :lol:

Well you all talk a good story. :P:P

2 minutes ago, mad said:

Well you all talk a good story. :P:P

Hey, I told them to shut the fuck up and sail. :lol:

+1

I got a song for drivers on race boats just can’t get a clean copy. This ones like this game big dead black spot in it just let it play..

South to wind for another 18 hours is the plan now, then East around in it where the circle is small...is always  the plan down there 

it is fun to watch Wind work them  over, like It does all of us. 

• Like 1

MAXI SOLO GITANA 17 Is coming out to play.. I want a play that game she will lap the world and pass these boats like we are standing still. Games boys need a JV VY race online NOW!!

Silly question, we have to keep the iceline to starboard right...?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

Unless you're facing West, yes.  :-)

You need to stay North of it.

If you pass South of it, technically all that happens is a 70% speed reduction.  So...  theoretically...  if there was crap wind all the way from the line to New Zealand, and ideal running conditions below the line, it could plausibly be worthwhile to go below the line.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Your Mom said:
51 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

Unless you're facing West, yes.  :-)

You need to stay North of it.

If you pass South of it, technically all that happens is a 70% speed reduction.  So...  theoretically...  if there was crap wind all the way from the line to New Zealand, and ideal running conditions below the line, it could plausibly be worthwhile to go below the line.

Thanks for the heads up, I'd assumed it was just a visual.:o:o

That would have been a fuck up:P

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 12:22 AM, Kenny Dumas said:

Fcst keeps showing that narrow band of wind right down the white line for a week. Day 6, when team Cheap Anarchy YC is done shopping for cheap Brazillions, the southern option opens for business. Me and Sticky are lonely. Join our team if you’re running a cheap boat with Polish only. 

Hi Kenny,

close shave on Trinidade Island. Have you been beachgirls watching?

Enjoy your Time

SA_KnutG

Hey Knut, haha, way closer than planned. I heated it up to avoid Mad’s crappy weather and Otto found a lift while I was off watch. Missed it by a mile!  And not much more...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DRIFTW00D said:

MAXI SOLO GITANA 17 Is coming out to play.. I want a play that game she will lap the world and pass these boats like we are standing still. Games boys need a JV VY race online NOW!!

They'll probably put one up. Hopefully they'll update the Spindrift polars to foiling ultime polars.

34 minutes ago, TPG said:

They'll probably put one up. Hopefully they'll update the Spindrift polars to foiling ultime polars.

They do it annually.  It's a "record" event, rather than a mass start...  So you're given a window of time during which you can start anytime as long as you finish before the closure date.  Anyone who participated in La Mauricienne, just before Vendee (where I finished second) will be familiar with the format.  You can also finish multiple times, if the window is big enough.  Bailing on an attempt to re-start is also an option, but it costs 750-1,000 credits to do so.

Typically, Jules Verne runs mid-November through sometime in March, I think, making it possible to actually complete two runs.  But...  they postponed this year's opportunity from November 18 to December 18.  I'm not confident that they won't postpone it again.  They seem to be a bit overrun with Vendee, and appear to have decided that allowing a Jules Verne event might crash things.  Frustrating, yes, but if they can't be confident it won't blow things up, then I guess it's the right call.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

They seem to be a bit overrun with Vendee, and appear to have decided that allowing a Jules Verne event might crash things.

Given its pay to win, they care about profit over reliability, so as soon as people get bored with Vendee and the hits go down just enough, they'll kick it off.

1 hour ago, Mudsailor said:

Driftwood (Me Rongo Rekohu SA) looks in a good place....leading group in the west

I hope you're right. Big Balls and I are passing each other beers whilst trying to hunt these guys done. reduced the gap from over 100 miles to just 24m in a week. hope this plays out well for the Kiddies in the West. 

It's going to be intersting. My gut feeling is the eastern pack (led by Your mom, Vibroman, Rule69 and Gybe Turkey ) may benifit from this.

Good morning,

The tracks have started to smooth out a bit as everyone is getting into better winds.  The densest cluster of boats is to the west and I would say that Lorraine III is best placed - furthest south and a little to the east of Me Rongo Rekohu SA.  Further east - Mom is wrestling with a wounded Hugo Boss.  

The question is whether additional southing will help significantly once the train arrives at the station.

In the Corinthian contest Hschutz is continuing to cut the corner and must be sailing a lot less miles than Sticky who seems to have been inspired by Kenny's experiences with the volleyballists of Trinidade and is determinedly heading for the beaches of Uruguay.

In other news the point that is used to measure rankings seems to have changed to somewhere much more south than previously, so southing is rewarded more than easting.  "How relevant to reality?" is a question that I don't know the answer to.....

Enjoy your Wednesday.

25-Nov      
00:30UTC      
Place SA Name Boat Name Dist to Leader
1 Your Mom Your Mom SA 19678.74
2 bushsailor Rushour 14.8
3 RIGO Screaming_Eagle 17.9
4 Gybe Turkey Gybe Turkey 23.3
5 Tunnel Rat Mongrel 35.6
6 arr4ws Arr4ws 39.9
7 Will Lee Lorraine III 46.6
8 Iced Tea rule69 47.5
9 gavinbpk PGB 49.3
10 kea.nn kea.nn SA 50.5
11 Blue Mountain YC  shockwave11 59.3
12 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA 61.5
13 Vibroman Vibroman_SA 67.3
14 Marty6 Cambodunum_VSC 70.6
15 Kapt'n Kirk prowler_1-SA 71.2
16 MasterRobin MasterRobin 72.5
17 gary Hschutz 73.4
18 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA 74.1
19 viper43 viper64043 83.5
20 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse 83.9
21 12345 Siafu 86.1
22 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 87.2
23 CordRipper RumHam 91.8
24 daan62 hutspot77 97.2
25 TocToc Vuvuzela 97.5
26 Gufmiester BigBalls 100.8
27 Mike G MikeVentura 105.1
28 MalahideGreener The GreeneMachine 107.7
29 Giddy Up G-Troit_Express_SA 109.1
30 TPG Hooperdrivestheboat 146.9
31 F15 AUS AUS3572 160.5
32 Raz'r SVKahoots 176
33 PB2207 Chi-2207 238
34 Flaming Flaming 238.1
35 SteveJH Stephen_1987 266.7
36 Knut Grotzki SA_KnutG 334.3
37 MobyBick MobyBick 340.9
38 Wattie MuritaiWatt 351.3
39 Kenny Dumas SA_ Kenny Dumas 399.4
40 Headntac Ryoochi 402
41 x2sea m2for-SA 480.8
42 Vin Divided Sky 530.2
43 Laser1 Hotfoot 614.1
44 mad Sticky 718.8
45 Mid SA_Mid 758.5
46 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches 783.7
47 chuso007 Lateral Festivis 998.6
48 rhenders The Hooded Fang 1034.4
49 CapnK KR deCap 1115.4
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 5:14 PM, PB2207 said:

Also everyone bitching about the frigate dropping people off in front of them is pretty funny. I started about a day and a half late at the frigate in like 300,000th place and then proceeded to sail a solid 2 days terribly until I re-learned the programming and weather update mechanics and I'm way ahead of the frigate at this point. If you care enough about the game to bitch about the frigate being in front of you but have made routing decisions that have you behind the frigate at this point, uh, well that's probably on you.

If you are behind the frigate on a reasonable track you made some big mistakes already ;) It is very rare that the frigate places you in a really good position. So who cares about some sorry losers :)

I can understand the frustration about the frigate jump.

I started on day 5 with the decision to stay west, risk light winds and miss theta or dive east into theta at the expense of having to claw back west or get stuck in the doldrums.

I dove east into theta and clawed back west. Definitely did not execute it perfectly, but it was the right decision and people who were near me when I started and didn't do both the dive east and the return west are now days behind me.

So I was a bit bummed when the frig jumped from 48h behind me to 12h infront of me. It might have been possible to get there in time from my starting position, but that was just too much of a jump.

Ah well, made me realize to not care about the rankings and race myself.

19 hours ago, SteveJH said:

Well, i'm slowly slipping backwards in the rankings. Not 100% sure exactly where to go now except keep working my way to the SSE.

Pretty sure this is because there's still plenty of guys way behing us but following an extreme eastern course, just like the 'leaders' were up until a few days ago. They should all drop back down again when they hit the same wall of head on wind. 

3 hours ago, mathystuff said:

So I was a bit bummed when the frig jumped from 48h behind me to 12h infront of me. It might have been possible to get there in time from my starting position, but that was just too much of a jump.

With the way ranking works in VR, as extensively discussed previously, there are some instances where the jump to the frigate might benefit you especially in the early stage of a race where the common route pits the leaders in the lower part of the rankings. I can partly understand a frustration there. To be sarcastic i could say: You can always jump to the frigate for 1200 credits ;)

2 hours ago, PB2207 said:

Pretty sure this is because there's still plenty of guys way behing us but following an extreme eastern course, just like the 'leaders' were up until a few days ago. They should all drop back down again when they hit the same wall of head on wind. 

Forget the ranking. Till now it is meaningless. I dropped from below 1000 to well below 30000 and coming back to 7000 and still feel reasonably good about it. ranking till Capetown favours east and that doesn't necessarily have to be a goo thing ;)

18 hours ago, DRIFTW00D said:

Might try in on regattagame.net

Jules Verne challenge is open non-stop since november 2015

Around 15 boats have started last hours...

• Like 1

follow me... (since i'm in first place everyone in front of me should let me pass!):

image.thumb.png.1a8290fdeaef28bb275fd7242ccbf0a1.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, daan62 said:

follow me... (since i'm in first place everyone in front of me should let me pass!):

You and Kenny both apparently. 

Screenshot_20201125-092341.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PB2207 said:

You and Kenny both apparently. 

Screenshot_20201125-092341.png

i'm willing to share (for the moment...)

I got a shock as well as I am (had been a hard fight, lets see how long this lasts) in front of Kenny. Surely that was the beach rendez-vouz with the sirens from el Trinidade that made him fly:

image.thumb.png.43c754a70956dfea14f8d93c67e09ec0.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, x2sea said:

Knut,

Great pic! Can I use it on our Fleet's website? Are there other credits I should use?

Hi x2sea,

unfortunately this is not mine ... this nice pic was copied from the Great Front Page https://sailinganarchy.com/2020/03/26/dont-deny-thats-not-you

So you might contract Daniele Vitali to get confirmation.

thanks. I'll check out your link.

It looks like we'll be duking it out for a while.  I also started late but am trying to grind down the usual leaders.  I haven't played since 2017 but this turns out to be an excellent diversion from the plague.

My boat is m2for-SA.  I was tempted to try and thread the eastern needle that it looks like you're doing but I've gone for the big end around to the west.  I'm going to miss the train that Mom, XC Race, et. al are going to catch but I'll catch the tail end and hopefully keep in touch.  I'm SW of Kenny Dumas and WSW of you.

Good Luck.

Good morning,

Everyone is heading south as fast as they can, jostling to get best position on the train which is entering the station.  Who gets first class seating with drinks service and who ends up standing over a connection of the carriages is yet to be determined, but at this stage nothing is certain.  The picture should be clearer in 24hrs time when the leaders are heading east at a reasonable speed.

On the rankings front - there seem to be some gremlins in the system.  Both SA_ Kenny Dumas and hutspot77 are not showing up in the rankings and when I search them out they are both first.  Now I can understand that Kenny is still discombobulated after Trinidade due to sand in awkward places and a misconception that he came first, but I am uncertain what has happened to our Dutch friend. Anyway I made a flying guesstimate at their positions.  If you think it is incorrect I suggest you send a strongly worded letter to your MP (if you have one).

26-Nov      
1 Will Lee Lorraine III 18999.31
2 Tunnel Rat Mongrel 2.15
3 Blue Mountain YC  shockwave11 11.5
4 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA 20
5 gavinbpk PGB 24.2
6 Kapt'n Kirk prowler_1-SA 27.8
7 Marty6 Cambodunum_VSC 29.1
8 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA 33.9
9 kea.nn kea.nn SA 40.8
10 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse 46.5
11 12345 Siafu 51.9
12 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 52.5
13 MasterRobin MasterRobin 59.4
14 Gufmiester BigBalls 64.9
15 Your Mom Your Mom SA 78.5
16 Giddy Up G-Troit_Express_SA 81.4
17 viper43 viper64043 101.4
18 daan62 hutspot77 Guess
19 TocToc Vuvuzela 111.9
20 Vibroman Vibroman_SA 116.1
21 Gybe Turkey Gybe Turkey 118.3
22 Mike G MikeVentura 128.9
23 MalahideGreener The GreeneMachine 135.4
24 Iced Tea rule69 158.3
25 arr4ws Arr4ws 161.4
26 bushsailor Rushour 211.8
27 Raz'r SVKahoots 237.3
28 RIGO Screaming_Eagle 238.8
29 CordRipper RumHam 241.1
30 F15 AUS AUS3572 302.5
31 Flaming Flaming 377.8
32 SteveJH Stephen_1987 460.9
33 TPG Hooperdrivestheboat 543.2
34 gary Hschutz 569.5
35 Headntac Ryoochi 691.2
36 PB2207 Chi-2207 713
37 Knut Grotzki SA_KnutG 798.4
38 Wattie MuritaiWatt 814.4
39 MobyBick MobyBick 869.4
40 Kenny Dumas SA_ Kenny Dumas Guess
41 mad Sticky 881
42 x2sea m2for-SA 922.2
43 Vin Divided Sky 985.3
44 Laser1 Hotfoot 1208.5
45 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches 1245.4
46 Mid SA_Mid 1260.6
47 chuso007 Lateral Festivis 1513.2
48 rhenders The Hooded Fang 1569.2
49 CapnK KR deCap 1619.9
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tunnel Rat said:

On the rankings front - there seem to be some gremlins in the system.  Both SA_ Kenny Dumas and hutspot77 are not showing up in the rankings and when I search them out they are both first.  Now I can understand that Kenny is still discombobulated after Trinidade due to sand in awkward places and a misconception that he came first, but I am uncertain what has happened to our Dutch friend. Anyway I made a flying guesstimate at their positions.  If you think it is incorrect I suggest you send a strongly worded letter to your MP (if you have one).

Looking at the total number of boats in the race  (over 900.000) and at some indicated rankings for boats further back i wouldn't be surprised if VR ran into some integer overflows, meaning it starts again from 1 after hitting for a certain value ;)

1 hour ago, Tunnel Rat said:
15 Your Mom Your Mom SA 78.5

I'm tempted to downvote this, but I appreciate your work too much and it would be killing the messenger.

• Like 3

Ha..moved 5 places in the right direction on this scoreboard..

50000 on VR

(whip cracking sound )

yea ha

wet dream is over...(positive: my position is being refreshed again (nice for routing)):

image.thumb.png.5a605b835cab4b566678bd956aa628e5.png

2 minutes ago, arr4ws said:

im in the same area as your mom... i wonder if the west gang will go around us south... hope not.

As I’m in the west group..,..I hope so. 

1 minute ago, Mudsailor said:

As I’m in the west group..,..I hope so. 

wind is incoming from the west and will help the westerner , but from what i see it will be short and the same wind will be in my area...

knocking on wood.

I was right on your moms stern yesterday but had to stop and rebuild the bow apparently. (happens to all black boats)

Unclear what happens in the game, I can only assume I sailed into a small glitch. Now 100nm behind. (was 200 for a while which would of meant I was going North which I wasn't) . I sent an email o the race board but then realized with 900,000 participants it probably wasn't the only email they get per day.

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Best to give up now.  I'll be on cruise control to the finish.

Best to quit while in front ;)

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Best to give up now.  I'll be on cruise control to the finish.

Makes sense with such a nice ranking...

image.png.5b2f6c9540c6e948caa5d0c2ffaf0bb3.png

Mean while I hope to catch the back end of this system, and get piggy backed across the southern ocean.....

Hahaha, touché, 

Just I posted, was searching you out in the game to find where abouts you were and hey presto, nice ranking was there. seemed a shame to waste it.

Good morning,

Well the train has arrived and is chugging out of the station, and the seating arrangements are finalised, however it is still not certain which seats are the comfy first class ones and which are the hard board with no cushions.

The southern group led by shockwave11 has got more wind, but have already had to put in a gybe to get into the pressure but are to the west and consequently well down on the rankings, while the northerners have more easting in their pocket, but  have less pressure and trying desperately to get further south to get to the stronger winds without having the southerners do a Buffalo Girls.  Me, I'm stuck in the middle, with none of the benefits and all of the problems.

There should be an update tomorrow, as I will be working in the morning, but definitely no update on Sunday, - Danish Christmas lunch at a friend's place that lasts all day and is accompanied by copious quantities of Aquavit, hopefully the mad Swede in the group does not bring any Beska Droppar. Yuck!

Lastly, we are up to 50 participants so far.

27-Nov      
00:15UTC      
1 Your Mom Your Mom SA 18630.55
2 Gybe Turkey Gybe Turkey 7.89
3 RIGO Screaming_Eagle 9.45
4 Vibroman Vibroman_SA 19.5
5 kea.nn kea.nn SA 19.9
6 Iced Tea rule69 21.8
7 Tunnel Rat Mongrel 46.7
8 arr4ws Arr4ws 59.5
9 CordRipper RumHam 69.8
10 TocToc Vuvuzela 77
11 Will Lee Lorraine III 83.1
12 Blue Mountain YC  shockwave11 88.9
13 gavinbpk PGB 93.3
14 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA 95.8
15 Kapt'n Kirk prowler_1-SA 98.9
16 bushsailor rushour 99.5
17 Marty6 Cambodunum_VSC 100.1
18 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 106.5
19 MasterRobin MasterRobin 109.4
20 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA 111.6
21 Gufmiester BigBalls 112.5
22 12345 Siafu 118
23 daan62 hutspot77 118
24 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse 123.2
25 sailon2 jahmbo SA 126.7
26 viper43 viper64043 146.1
27 Raz'r SVKahoots 149.6
28 F15 AUS AUS3572 163.9
29 Mike G MikeVentura 167.2
30 MalahideGreener The GreeneMachine 176.9
31 Giddy Up G-Troit_Express_SA 186.6
32 SteveJH Stephen_1987 206.3
33 TPG Hooperdrivestheboat 238.8
34 Headntac Ryoochi 273.8
35 Flaming Flaming 277.5
36 x2sea m2for-SA 377.3
37 PB2207 Chi-2207 453.1
38 Wattie MuritaiWatt 503.2
39 mad Sticky 587.6
40 gary Hschutz 720.9
41 MobyBick MobyBick 722.8
42 Kenny Dumas SA_ Kenny Dumas 731.3
43 Laser1 Hotfoot 739.1
44 Knut Grotzki SA_KnutG 888.5
45 Vin Divided Sky 1142.7
46 Mid SA_Mid 1433.3
47 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches 1448
48 chuso007 Lateral Festivis 1747.7
49 rhenders The Hooded Fang 1801.9
50 CapnK KR deCap 1806.8
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Tunnel Rat said:

There should be an update tomorrow, as I will be working in the morning, but definitely no update on Sunday, - Danish Christmas lunch at a friend's place that lasts all day and is accompanied by copious quantities of Aquavit, hopefully the mad Swede in the group does not bring any Beska Droppar. Yuck!

Enjoy it. personally don't like the Aquavit but after enough alcohol i would even go for it ;) :D

On 11/24/2020 at 12:53 PM, mad said:

A pretty messy weather pattern in front last night and i'm about to fall of that train ...............

We're toast !!

tha-fuck-is-0nan21.jpg

8 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

We're toast !!

Who was that French navigator in the last Volvo race the said "We are fucked, absolutely fucked!"

That was funni.

23 hours ago, Your Mom said:

When was the 69?  All I remember was when Your Mom was on top.

He's been saving that line since he named his boat. But, not mutually exclusive.

Are these nuggets there in reality or are they game challenges?

It seems like the real boats have a governor on speed at 20.4 knots today.  

Nuggets 2020-11-27 153444.jpg

Good morning,

The last day has been filled with some surreptitious jostling for the comfy seats on the train east.  This has mostly involved the northerners putting in some gybes of varying lengths to try and get down onto the southerners line without being run over.  This has been executed with differing levels of success.  Mom has made this look very easy!

There is definitely more wind in the south, so some of the more northern boats are looking a bit vulnerable.   Also the back markers are bringing more wind with them which is causing a temporary compression. 

Some of our fellows have missed the train and thoughts are now turning to the station café for a bite to eat to pass the time until the next train arrives.  As Laser1 pointed out - toast is high on the menu.

It looks like there will be a gybe some time in the next 24 hrs as the low overtakes us and puts us into SW winds, then it will be dive for the ice limit and try to run along there without pushing too far south until we get to the Kerguelens. 

Lastly KR deCap has just entered Stanley Kubrick territory.....hopefully HAL will open the door.

Enjoy your weekend.

28-Nov      
1 Your Mom Your Mom SA 18240.82
2 Gybe Turkey Gybe Turkey 4.21
3 kea.nn kea.nn SA 13.2
4 Tunnel Rat Mongrel 18.5
5 RIGO Screaming_Eagle 31
6 Will Lee Lorraine III 31.1
7 Iced Tea rule69 33.9
8 Vibroman Vibroman_SA 34.6
9 Blue Mountain YC  shockwave11 37
10 Kapt'n Kirk prowler_1-SA 47.3
11 Marty6 Cambodunum_VSC 48
12 gavinbpk PGB 49.4
13 Driftwood Me Rongo Rekohu SA 51.3
14 Mud Sailor Mudsailor SA 57.1
15 Wet Hog WetHog-SA 59.2
16 MasterRobin MasterRobin 61
17 TocToc Vuvuzela 63.2
18 Gufmiester BigBalls 64.4
19 12345 Siafu 65.5
20 daan62 hutspot77 65.9
21 Hydrogene Eau Gazeuse 66.5
22 CordRipper RumHam 69.3
23 sailon2 jahmbo SA 86.7
24 viper43 viper64043 91.2
25 arr4ws Arr4ws 91.4
26 bushsailor rushour 92.6
27 MalahideGreener The GreeneMachine 117
28 Mike G MikeVentura 119.4
29 Giddy Up G-Troit_Express_SA 134
30 Raz'r SVKahoots 147.1
31 F15 AUS AUS3572 156
32 SteveJH Stephen_1987 230.2
33 Flaming Flaming 268.1
34 TPG Hooperdrivestheboat 286.7
35 PB2207 Chi-2207 309.7
36 Headntac Ryoochi 321.2
37 x2sea m2for-SA 383.3
38 Wattie MuritaiWatt 433.6
39 MobyBick MobyBick 584.1
40 mad Sticky 648.6
41 Kenny Dumas SA_ Kenny Dumas 650.1
42 Laser1 Hotfoot 732.9
43 gary Hschutz 835.3
44 Knut Grotzki SA_KnutG 957.6
45 Vin Divided Sky 1213.8
46 Hike, Bitches HikeBitches 1388.6
47 Mid SA_Mid 1604.2
48 rhenders The Hooded Fang 1915.3
49 chuso007 Lateral Festivis 1940
50 CapnK KR deCap 2001
  • Like 4

Sadly I think i'm running down the station platform with the train pulling away in front of me. I don't think I could quite get far enough south in time.

The next 6-12 hours will tell the story.

In about 6 hours I think i'll start to go a lot more south and hug the line as much as possible.

Thanks for the updates TR! Mom got a mention in today's VR update which I thought was amusing. 

Zezo has me staying above the leaders and gybing in a few hours when the front overtakes me. Looking at a more southern route by gybing now gets me pretty close to the same longitude but about 100 NM south in better wind in 24 hrs. Gonna take a flier and see how it goes.

Screenshot_20201127-191820.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PB2207 said:

Thanks for the updates TR! Mom got a mention in today's VR update which I thought was amusing. 

Zezo has me staying above the leaders and gybing in a few hours when the front overtakes me. Looking at a more southern route by gybing now gets me pretty close to the same longitude but about 100 NM south in better wind in 24 hrs. Gonna take a flier and see how it goes.

Now you have me second guessing myself. because if I do the same thing I can be even further south and slightly more ahead.

Saying that, i'm also not using Zeze.

Edit: Why not? gets me further south into more wind and less miles/degree.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SteveJH said:

Edit: Why not? gets me further south into more wind and less miles/degree.

The only problem I'm seeing is getting pinned to the ice limit too early and not having a decent out in a couple days. I'm going for it though because the front will overtake me  soon anyway with no way of getting that far south for a while. 

16 minutes ago, PB2207 said:

The only problem I'm seeing is getting pinned to the ice limit too early and not having a decent out in a couple days. I'm going for it though because the front will overtake me  soon anyway with no way of getting that far south for a while. 

I'm only ~50nm in front of you, I was going to have to Gybe south in 6-10 hours anyway.

Now I can be lazy.

Hilariously, even though i'm going due south, i've gained 4k positions in the last hour. I wonder where they are measuring from.

15 minutes ago, SteveJH said:

Hilariously, even though i'm going due south, i've gained 4k positions in the last hour. I wonder where they are measuring from.

I had that happen earlier today when I gybed. Gained like 16,000 positions on a a pair of 3 hour soak gybes. Will probably happened for some time too. I have no idea where they are measuring from but I 'made up' like 200 NMs on those 50 NM gybes over this update and the last. 

2 hours ago, x2sea said:

Are these nuggets there in reality or are they game challenges?

It seems like the real boats have a governor on speed at 20.4 knots today.  

Nuggets 2020-11-27 153444.jpg

They are real, they even have a bar there :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PB2207 said:

Screenshot_20201127-191820.png

Gosh, can you all stop following me? :D

Also zubaz is too much work for a video game.

2 hours ago, TPG said:

Gosh, can you all stop following me? :D

Also zubaz is too much work for a video game.

Except we turned south way before you did. :D

I think some of us might have a problem over the next few days that we went too far south.

Also, my boat doesn't want to go much faster then 22-24kt no matter how much wind there is. <_<

41 minutes ago, SteveJH said:

Except we turned south way before you did. :D

I think some of us might have a problem over the next few days that we went too far south.

Also, my boat doesn't want to go much faster then 22-24kt no matter how much wind there is. <_<

Max boatspeed is in 26 kts windspeed (in the virtual boats).  More wind than that only slows you down.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marty6 said:

They are real, they even have a bar there :D

Thanks.  I'm fortunately well-stocked and can forgo stopping for a pint for a while.  

yep, took the overnight to dive south, get some separation from the SA leaders. Following 9 hours in their wake didn't seem like a good strategy!

Since the weather forecasts more than 12 hours out seem like shit, figured there would be more chances for decent breeze down south. We'll see.

7 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Max boatspeed is in 26 kts windspeed (in the virtual boats).  More wind than that only slows you down.

I think I was mistaken.  Looked at the polars again, and it looks like it continues to gradually get faster until 30 kts, and then slows down.  Not sure why I had 26 in my head.  Although you're pretty close to max speed once you get to 26.  Looks like anything 26-30 is ideal.

• Like 1

one island in the middle of fucking nowhere... and i nearly hit it...:

image.thumb.png.709216b8b5fddcf7f0f879327096dbad.png

45 minutes ago, daan62 said:

one island in the middle of fucking nowhere... and i nearly hit it...:

image.thumb.png.709216b8b5fddcf7f0f879327096dbad.png

• Like 2

What is the penalty for crossing the ice zone? The boat ahead of me just hit the red line and gybed and did not slow at all. He did not cross clear behind though.

Maybe you are allowed a little leeway or a first offence warning. 

Screenshot_20201129-221232_VR Offshore.jpg