USA 236

-3 Rod

-3 Rod, is this stuff still available?  Who is the current supplier/manufacturer of stainless rod for marine use?

Smallest rod I'm familiar with which has fittings and such is -4 which is about .172" in OD. Perhaps contact Bay Sailing Equipment in Fall River MA or Hayn Marine in Rocky Hill CT. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RImike said:

Smallest rod I'm familiar with which has fittings and such is -4 which is about .172" in OD. Perhaps contact Bay Sailing Equipment in Fall River MA or Hayn Marine in Rocky Hill CT. 

+1 for Bay Sailing

1 minute ago, Haligonian Winterr said:

+1 for Bay Sailing

Dennis is the man and when Frank was alive had quite the collection of muscle and drag cars. 

Before Navtec disappeared the smallest rod they had was -4. I was told -3 was for stars or something like that. I don’t know if the new die sets had a -3 but the old nail head style certainly did. 

15 hours ago, mgs said:

Before Navtec disappeared the smallest rod they had was -4. I was told -3 was for stars or something like that. I don’t know if the new die sets had a -3 but the old nail head style certainly did. 

Contact M&M Sailing (http://mandmsailing.com/) as they do Star's and might be able to offer some insight. 

I know that Jay at Annapolis Rigging got the presses and dies from Hall when they went under but I am not sure if the rod inventory ended up with him or Rig Pro. There was -3 there as well as the die but they might have gotten split up.

Some breadcrumbs for you to follow at least...

Mark

What's the application? We make some 1/16" rod rigging for InterClub class boats, but that's just 302/304 grade rod prepped and swaged. 

Finding the rod is one thing, fittings and dies is another. And if you kink it, it's done. 

-3 stands for 3000 lbs. Compact strand does that pretty easily.

Bam Miller