Mike G

Presidential Debate #1

14 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

That's called a straw man, and it's the favorite tool of liars.  Now kindly present proof of what you accuse me of, or remove your post.

If you are pro abortion then that is proof, you, you beyond moranic individual you.

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
12 minutes ago, Dog said:
15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Seems I struck a nerve.

For the record, I am unaware of your objection to Republicans closing polling locations, and would love to be educated as to how you feel about that.

Sounds like you're just impugning the character of people you disagree with.

So, straighten me out.

It's like Trump condemning white supremacists. Dog does not object to Trumpublicans closing polling stations because 1- anything they do, including putting kids in cages and seperating them from their families and letting them die, is just fine with Dog.... and 2- Dog thinks democracy is an inconvenient PITA that should be done away with.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Ok...Don't impugn the character of people just because they don't see things the way you do. You have that in common with Donald Trump.

If you hate democracy and due process, it's not "impugning your character" to point that out.

1- it's fact and

2- your "character" is far down the scale anyway

- DSK

11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's pretty much his standard operating procedure. Make a deal, do your best to get the other party hung up on it, demand more money.

I've bumped into several people who try to negotiate that way. We sold a house to a person who scratched out part of the sales contract and wrote in their own wording, including some new numbers. I tore it up and sent them back a copy of the original with a sticky note "Sign this and send it back, or don't contact us any more." They tried a couple more times including showing up at closing with $15k less than the price and said "This is all we have, take it or leave it." I had not even sat down yet and said, "Bye." My wife was very angry with both of us. They were from NYC, too (although it's not the city's fault).

- DSK

I was in a situation somewhat like that, except my wife leaned over and told them that "OK, Just for you, the price is now $10,000 higher."  They tried a low ball again and she responded, "We just went up another $10,000."  The broker was a little stunned, but rolled with it.

They left and called back two days later begging to meet our original price and she happily told them the house was off the market.  

20 minutes ago, LenP said:

In 2016, I stood in line for several hours to vote. The line stretched out of the parking lot and down the road with folks standing inches from each other.  Were it done with social distancing measures, it would have taken all day in line and the line would have stretched for more than a mile. 

For those who are worried about standing in line with likely Trump voters disease vectors but are also worried about their mail in ballot being ditched by the USPS I have a solution.  I got my mail in ballot this weekend.  I filled it out today and dropped it off at the Supervisor of elections office.   There were a couple of other people doing the same but it took me all of one second to but it in the box.  I even got an “I voted” sticker

10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

This is going to sound really revolutionary, bullshitters, but stick with me, because this might just work.  How about if we focus our energy on problems we actually do have, like a virus that has killed 200K Americans and is continuing to do so, instead of things that could become a problem some day, but the current FBI Director says that he has yet to see evidence of it actually happening? It might sound less like bullshit to focus on actual problems, and perhaps teach the next generation some integrity in the process, so that another generation isn't turned into bullshitters by their predecessors. 

But what about.... SQUIRREL!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

For those who are worried about standing in line with likely Trump voters disease vectors but are also worried about their mail in ballot being ditched by the USPS I have a solution.  I got my mail in ballot this weekend.  I filled it out today and dropped it off at the Supervisor of elections office.   There were a couple of other people doing the same but it took me all of one second to but it in the box.  I even got an “I voted” sticker

Do that every election.  No mail, no lines and well, no BS...  And if you are worried about covid, simply drive up at 3am and do it then.  No PO stamp required.  And doggie, Before you say that those drop boxes are not secure...  They are in the fucking Police Offfice and the County Offices where they are watched by men with gunz and cameras..  Plus they are only about the size of a mailbox, Probably smaller so the amount of votes lost during a smash and grab is not even worth the trouble.  Come join your POTUS and vote by mail, I will even hold your hand as you put it into the box.  

I feel better...  Rant off

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If you hate democracy and due process, it's not "impugning your character" to point that out.

1- it's fact and

2- your "character" is far down the scale anyway

- DSK

I oppose insecure methods of voting because they threaten democracy.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Prove it is insecure..  Go ahead.  Cite from an independent source please..  

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Bullshit. You oppose methods that enable more voters.

16 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

If you are pro abortion then that is proof, you, you beyond moranic individual you.

oh shit you are just a zealot. ugh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dog said:

'bitch, open that mouth one more time and I'll cut you'.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:
3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Bullshit. You oppose methods that enable more non-Trumpublican voters.

FIFY

- DSK

1 minute ago, 3to1 said:

'bitch, open that mouth one more time and I'll cut you'.

Tough guy huh?

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Bullshit. You oppose methods that enable more voters.

There is Nothing in the way of traditional voting... ask for a absentee ballot... go at your convenience to one of the many times and weeks of early voting, go on Election Day and vote... there is nothing that needs to be done this year 

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

What is it with Trump's make up. I've noticed that recently he seems to be using some product with gold particles. 

Trump returns to the White House in Washington DC after his rally in Tulsa Saturday.

blob:https://www.sbs.com.au/6cc5bbb8-95b1-4e8b-8067-c61ee5f8da05

The flecks are scrapings from his toilet bowl.

27 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I see.  So you're just making random shit up.

I forgot who I was type at.  Won't happen again, don't worry.

22 minutes ago, Dog said:

Misinformation about voting by mail

Since we’re here, let’s put to bed some myths and misinformation about voting by mail:

• Voting fraud is extremely rare in the US, and voting by mail is no exception. In the past 20 years, over 250,000,000 votes have been cast by mail, and according to data from the Heritage Foundation, there have been only 1,285 proven cases of voter fraud resulting in 1,100 convictions.
  • Studies done by such organizations as Stanford University have found that voting by mail does not favor voter share or turnout of either major political party. Expanding access to voting by mail is generally considered great for all voters and their ability to exercise their right to vote.

From dictionary.com, a notoriously left wing anti-right publication.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/absentee-ballot-vs-mail-in-ballot/

26 minutes ago, Dog said:

Can you name an insecure method?

I have only previously heard “proud boy” used to describe  a youngster who gets to quit wearing diapers because he has learned to use the potty.

31 minutes ago, Dog said:

3dmacaab6oh51.jpg

• Like 1

So, this was round #1 of three. Is this not a bit like match racing? Testing the waters, learning the moves of the opponent?

Of course, as a foreigner, I can only observe and comment from the side lines. I have no say in this, I cannot cast a vote and the outcome will (hopefully) not affect me immediately. It might in a year or five, so I am still concerned.

I agree this gig showed pretty poor performances: Mod overwhelmed, Trump unhinged as is the new normal with him (but still empty handed), Biden could be more lively. If anything, this show hurt Trump and there are two more to come. I expect Biden will be sharper, better tuned, to the only song Trump can sing.

And I look forward to Mrs Harris debating Pence. :ph34r:

• Like 1

With all the complaining Trump has done about mail in voting, I have yet to see any type of reasonable suggestion as to what to do about it at this time. Voting has already started, it is not like there is a way to simply not have mail in voting in this election, arguments about safety aside, there is simply not enough time to make the necessary changes to unwind the decision to allow or expand it. So what is it that is being demanded? After the election simply disallow votes from the majority of Americans who voted by mail even though they did everything they were supposed to? That would in effect be a coup. So then what? Trump was asked this question yesterday and did not answer it. What is being asked for if it is not the refusal to count the votes of the majority of Americans. 

5 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Can you name an insecure method?

Said the same in post #509, He aint got shit...  

2 minutes ago, Nice! said:

3dmacaab6oh51.jpg

Yep. I got one here in Pennsylvania and also received at least 2 dozen texts telling me to request my mail in ballot. 

11 minutes ago, LenP said:

With all the complaining Trump has done about mail in voting, I have yet to see any type of reasonable suggestion as to what to do about it at this time. Voting has already started, it is not like there is a way to simply not have mail in voting in this election, arguments about safety aside, there is simply not enough time to make the necessary changes to unwind the decision to allow or expand it. So what is it that is being demanded? After the election simply disallow votes from the majority of Americans who voted by mail even though they did everything they were supposed to? That would in effect be a coup. So then what? Trump was asked this question yesterday and did not answer it. What is being asked for if it is not the refusal to count the votes of the majority of Americans. 

He dodged that one pretty obviously.

Like most anything, what's his plan?

He complained that not only Russia, but China and other places are meddling with our election process.

Yet he doesn't have a plan.  No reaction other than to bitch about it.

He's behind in the polls, and has told obvious lies for the last 4 years, but we're supposed to believe him now?

Trump came out swinging, trying to look tough.   He tried to cement ties with his racist base.   He had one glaring shortcoming even the most devout has to be muttering about.   He was armed only with his wits.    That's unacceptable.   Of course he can't carry a foreign gun (except maybe a Lugar).   Nor can he use one of those metric NATO rounds.    I considered a chromed sixgun with ivory handles.   Killing elephants would poll well, but the lack of a safety could prove fatal.   Trump should nod to the military he dodged by wearing a 1911 officers' pistol with gold bullets next time he faces off against VP BIden.   .    

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

3dmacaab6oh51.jpg

I'm  sure that Donnies endorsement of this method of voting simply means the dumpster has already been booked........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

There was definitely one fool bigger than the other.  I said before that Biden had a hard time stooping to Trump's level.  For someone with at least a semblance of integrity it's hard to act like you don't.  Biden showed incredible restraint to an absolute onslaught of bitter childishness.  Anyone supporting Trump should be ashamed.  

I  think Biden is full of shit too...  anytime I hear "here is the deal" to me that is code for Bullshit blah blah blah more bullshit.

It was like he was programed to look into the camera, say "here is the deal" and go vote..

• Downvote 2

• Nevada's attorney general said he would prosecute people who do what President Donald Trump suggested: Go to polling places to monitor votes being counted.
  • Aaron Ford said the president was encouraging voter intimidation. "Voter intimidation is illegal in Nevada," Ford said. "Believe me when I say it: You do it, and you will be prosecuted."
  • Trump made the suggestion in his debate against Joe Biden on Tuesday, where he also refused to commit to accepting the election result and baselessly claimed — as he has for months — that mail-in voting is fraudulent.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nevada-attorney-general-prosecute-people-watching-polls-trump-suggestion-2020-9

2 hours ago, Dog said:
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

So, straighten me out.

Ok...Don't impugn the character of people just because they don't see things the way you do. You have that in common with Donald Trump.

Either you missed it, or you intentionally avoided it - 

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Seems I struck a nerve.

For the record, I am unaware of your objection to Republicans closing polling locations, and would love to be educated as to how you feel about that.

Sounds like you're just impugning the character of people you disagree with.

So, straighten me out.

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Trump broke the debate,  now the Presidential Commission on Debates is moving against him.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/politics/presidential-debates-format-changes/index.html

WTF is this guy talking about when he mentions "rules"?  If President Trump can't abide by the rules his campaign agreed to, they should do whatever they can to make the next two better than the fiasco of last night.

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told CNN in a statement that the CPD "shouldn't be moving the goalposts and changing the rules in the middle of the game."

Oh, and the Faithful might want to check their email.  It seems they may have missed an important talking point - 

‘Fox & Friends’ Trashes Trump for Blowing the Debate Over White Supremacists

It seems Mr. Kilmeade and I are thinking the same thing.

“Donald Trump blew the biggest layup in the history of debates by saying, not condemning white supremacists,” he said. “I don’t know if he didn’t hear it, but he’s got to clarify that right away. That’s like ‘Are you against evil?’ Why the president didn’t knock that out of the park I’m not sure.”

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Trump broke the debate,  now the Presidential Commission on Debates is moving against him.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/politics/presidential-debates-format-changes/index.html

"The Commission on Presidential Debates sponsors televised debates for the benefit of the American electorate. Last night's debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues," a statement from the CPD reads.
The CPD did not specify what changes were being considered or would be adopted, but said it would be "carefully considering the changes that it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly."

First change they need to make is to give the moderator on-off switches for the microphones.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:
"The Commission on Presidential Debates sponsors televised debates for the benefit of the American electorate. Last night's debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues," a statement from the CPD reads.
The CPD did not specify what changes were being considered or would be adopted, but said it would be "carefully considering the changes that it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly."

First change they need to make is to give the moderator on-off switches for the microphones.

President Trump will claim any changes to be "unfair" and refuse to participate.  That's my bet.

You forget Donnie don't need no stinking rules, rules are made to be broken, that is precisely why he has his faithful that is why they love him.

6 hours ago, Dog said:

Clearly he was saying there are fine people on both sides of the monuments debate. "Let truth be the prejudice"...W Eugene Smith

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly”.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

OK.I'll pay that he said it.

Easily missed among the couple of thousand words in the whole word salad mostly condemning antifa protesters..but he said it.

14 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Their local, state and federal LE are enablers?  Cite that please.

I don't think you want a citation. You probably want to quibble about what "enablers" means or some such. Anything to deny what is bloody obvious to everyone. 

But hey, this just came out... not that you would read it. 

A Far-Right Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/right-wing-militias-civil-war/616473/

6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
6 hours ago, Dog said:

Clearly he was saying there are fine people on both sides of the monuments debate. "Let truth be the prejudice"...W Eugene Smith

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly”.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

OK.I'll pay that he said it.

Easily missed among the couple of thousand words in the whole word salad mostly condemning antifa protesters..but he said it. 

If you take that one sentence fragment out of context: " ... Neo-Nazis and white nationalists.... because they should be condemned totally" then he is saying AT MOST that they "should" be condemned. But he does not specifically condemn them.

Coming from a guy who calls football players who kneel "sons of bitches" and says that journalists should have their heads cut off, this is basically Trump saying he LIKES white supremacists and Nazis. If he -DID- condemn them, it would be easy to sport instead of buried in sentence fragments.

- DSK

Republicans reveal their thoughts about the debate.

In today's NY Post, ultra-Conservative columnist Michael Goodwin wrote: 

Yet the bulk of the blame falls on Trump, who came with a clear plan and executed it flawlessly. Unfortunately, it was a very bad plan. 

From the get-go, the president was determined to rattle Biden by being a persistent interrupter, rarely letting the former vice president finish two consecutive sentences. On occasion, his interjections were smart, but mostly, they made him look boorish.

Also in the Post, former editor John Podhoretz wrote: 

But the simple fact of the matter is that Trump was incredibly unpleasant to watch, and Biden wasn’t. 

It was painful and sordid and cringe-inducing, and that was almost entirely Trump’s doing. 
(snip) 
And face it: If you didn’t love Trump when the evening started and weren’t already a fan of his WWE approach to politics, there had to be at least one moment, maybe two, when you listened to the leader of the Free World and thought, “What a jerk.”

At The National Review, Kevin D.Williamson wrote: 

The debate was a remarkable example of the fact that Donald Trump, the most self-serving man in America, doesn’t know how to do himself any favors.

Also from TNR is Jim Geraghty's column: 

The debate was bad for Trump... bad for moderator Chris Wallace, bad for the viewers at home, and bad for our system of government. The only people who had a good night were the far-right extremist Proud Boys. 

In a year that has been a dumpster fire in so many ways, this debate fit in perfectly.

Here's the rest: 
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-debate-dumpster-fire/ 

An editorial in The Wall Street Journal: 

The benign explanation for the President’s performance is that like other incumbents in their first debates he was overconfident and underprepared. A less benign view is that he grew flustered as the debate went on and lost his cool and whatever focus he had at the start. He was so scattershot with his answers that he rarely offered a sustained case for his own policies. When Mr. Biden said Mr. Trump had called veterans ‘suckers’ and ‘losers,’ Mr. Trump didn’t refute it but brought up Hunter Biden.

A last one from Charles Hurt at The Washington Times: 

And this is precisely where Mr. Trump failed Tuesday night. 
(snip) 
But instead of making his case strategically to the millions of people watching on television, Mr. Trump tried to win the room. The room was nearly empty. Half the crowd was stacked against him. And they were wearing masks. Oh, and ordered not to clap or boo. 
Yet he flails away talking about Russia and Hunter Biden and rigged elections like he’s whipping up a crowd at a monster rally with Air Force One behind him.

Finally, Donald Trump's thoughts

Trump claims he won debate 'easily,' will continue debating Biden

Source: The Hill

President Trump insisted Wednesday that he prevailed in the first debate against Democratic nominee Joe Biden and said he wants to continue with the two remaining such events. 

“I thought it was a great evening,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for a campaign trip to the battleground state of Minnesota. “I see the ratings were very high and it was good to be there, felt very comfortable. I appreciate all the good words.” 

Trump later claimed that Biden does not want to move forward with the next two debates, despite the Biden campaign saying Tuesday that the former vice president would continue to debate Trump. 

“I hear he doesn’t want to go forward, but that’s up to him. I mean, I would like to,” Trump told reporters. “By every measure, we won the debate easily last night. I think he was very weak, he looked weak, he was whining. Yeah, we won the debate by almost every poll that I saw.” 

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/518997-trump-claims-he-won-debate-easily-will-continue-debating-biden 

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If you take that one sentence fragment out of context: " ... Neo-Nazis and white nationalists.... because they should be condemned totally" then he is saying AT MOST that they "should" be condemned. But he does not specifically condemn them.

Coming from a guy who calls football players who kneel "sons of bitches" and says that journalists should have their heads cut off, this is basically Trump saying he LIKES white supremacists and Nazis. If he -DID- condemn them, it would be easy to sport instead of buried in sentence fragments.

- DSK

Agreed. 

But literally speaking, he did say it and that's enough for the Dogs of this world.

Like denying that someone is a vegetarian because they once had chicken salt on their chips. 

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Yet the bulk of the blame falls on Trump, who came with a clear plan and executed it flawlessly. Unfortunately, it was a very bad plan. 

From the get-go, the president was determined to rattle Biden by being a persistent interrupter, rarely letting the former vice president finish two consecutive sentences. On occasion, his interjections were smart, but mostly, they made him look boorish.

But the simple fact of the matter is that Trump was incredibly unpleasant to watch, and Biden wasn’t. 

It was painful and sordid and cringe-inducing, and that was almost entirely Trump’s doing. 
(snip) 
And face it: If you didn’t love Trump when the evening started and weren’t already a fan of his WWE approach to politics, there had to be at least one moment, maybe two, when you listened to the leader of the Free World and thought, “What a jerk.”

The debate was a remarkable example of the fact that Donald Trump, the most self-serving man in America, doesn’t know how to do himself any favors.

The debate was bad for Trump... bad for moderator Chris Wallace, bad for the viewers at home, and bad for our system of government. The only people who had a good night were the far-right extremist Proud Boys. 

In a year that has been a dumpster fire in so many ways, this debate fit in perfectly.

Here's the rest: 

The benign explanation for the President’s performance is that like other incumbents in their first debates he was overconfident and underprepared. A less benign view is that he grew flustered as the debate went on and lost his cool and whatever focus he had at the start. He was so scattershot with his answers that he rarely offered a sustained case for his own policies. When Mr. Biden said Mr. Trump had called veterans ‘suckers’ and ‘losers,’ Mr. Trump didn’t refute it but brought up Hunter Biden.

(snip) 
But instead of making his case strategically to the millions of people watching on television, Mr. Trump tried to win the room. The room was nearly empty. Half the crowd was stacked against him. And they were wearing masks. Oh, and ordered not to clap or boo. 
Yet he flails away talking about Russia and Hunter Biden and rigged elections like he’s whipping up a crowd at a monster rally with Air Force One behind him.

President Trump insisted Wednesday that he prevailed in the first debate against Democratic nominee Joe Biden and said he wants to continue with the two remaining such events. 

“I thought it was a great evening,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for a campaign trip to the battleground state of Minnesota. “I see the ratings were very high and it was good to be there, felt very comfortable. I appreciate all the good words.” 

Trump later claimed that Biden does not want to move forward with the next two debates, despite the Biden campaign saying Tuesday that the former vice president would continue to debate Trump. 

“I hear he doesn’t want to go forward, but that’s up to him. I mean, I would like to,” Trump told reporters. “By every measure, we won the debate easily last night. I think he was very weak, he looked weak, he was whining. Yeah, we won the debate by almost every poll that I saw.” 

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/518997-trump-claims-he-won-debate-easily-will-continue-debating-biden 

Trump's a bully and has a rapport with bullys. Of course he probably enjoyed himself enormously.

(I know he did, it's on his twitter feed how much he enjoyed bullying Wallace as well as Biden, (WTF? even after all his appalling tweets, I was shocked at that one))

Will he agree to further debates if the moderator has a mute button? I think not.

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Trump's a bully and has a rapport with bullys. Of course he probably enjoyed himself enormously.

(I know he did, it's on his twitter feed how much he enjoyed bullying Wallace as well as Biden, (WTF? even after all his appalling tweets, I was shocked at that one))

Will he agree to further debates if the moderator has a mute button? I think not.

He doesn't have a choice but debate, he is getting further and further behind. This time though, I think Biden's team should be checking Trump for an earpiece.

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Mute button are very unfair.  The world can't be deprived of a single word coming from his orange pie hole. That would be unfair.  So unfair.

18 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

(snip) 

Here's the rest: 

(snip) 

Won according to almost every poll he saw? What did he do, poll his kids?

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

He doesn't have a choice but debate, he is getting further and further behind. This time though, I think Biden's team should be checking Trump for an earpiece.

Seriously I don't think an earpiece would help either of them. You have to be quiet to listen. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Mute button are very unfair.  The world can't be deprived of a single word coming from his orange pie hole. That would be unfair.  So unfair.

Sadly I suspect that if the organisers of the next debate were to suggest such a thing as actually moderating the responses of the debaters and using a mute function ..Trump would have them executed for treason.

1 hour ago, nacradriver said:

I  think Biden is full of shit too...  anytime I hear "here is the deal" to me that is code for Bullshit blah blah blah more bullshit.

It was like he was programed to look into the camera, say "here is the deal" and go vote..

What, specifically, did he say that was untrue? Whether it followed a "here's the deal" or not?

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What was The Most Mentally Stable GOP President in History on, last night?

Putin's leash.

1 hour ago, nacradriver said:

anytime I hear "here is the deal" to me that is code for Bullshit blah blah blah more bullshit.

Doesn't matter who says it. Whenever anyone uses the expression, you know someone is trying to back you into a corner and stiff you.

It's almost never said from a position of equality.

Oh..hang on. I forgot it's USA speak. The masters of double speak.

But what sort of language do you expect two men born just after WW2 to use? :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Ivanka and Junior were thumbs up.  Barron was "Meh".  Tiffany was appalled.  Eric held the poll form upside down and thought the little boxes were choo choo trains.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Only Ivanka show's him the polls, and Jared makes them up in Excel just before she goes in.

Edit: ok, looked at his tweet. "Best ratings of all time!"

Well, yeah, it's hard to look away from a train wreck. But to The Donald, ratings are all that matter.

5 hours ago, BravoBravo said:
5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

To clarify, this is the issue - 

You posted an old ugly incident involving young folks; 

which you thought we would find funny. 

We did not. 

How would you know anything about humo

Don’t be so humorless. People will think you’re a democrat. :lol:

5 hours ago, Dog said:

Voting in person is just as safe as grocery shopping. It's almost like some people want the system to be susceptible to fraud.

Weren’t there some big COVID outbreaks associated with in person voting during the primaries?   

4 hours ago, LenP said:

Nope, it would be completely Constitutional. The SCOTUS has already decided that the right to vote, and have your vote counted, is not protected by the Constitution... which makes sense to the "originalist" because when it was written, only wealthy white men could vote. Gay people, women, brown people, Asian-Americans, college graduates (there were only a couple of colleges back then) or at least non-millionaire college grads, black people whether descended from slaves or later immigrants, Democrats or probable Dems.... there was no Democratic Party....  none of them have the actual right to vote.

- DSK

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

This is going to sound really revolutionary, bullshitters, but stick with me, because this might just work.  How about if we focus our energy on problems we actually do have, like a virus that has killed 200K Americans and is continuing to do so, instead of things that could become a problem some day, but the current FBI Director says that he has yet to see evidence of it actually happening? It might sound less like bullshit to focus on actual problems, and perhaps teach the next generation some integrity in the process, so that another generation isn't turned into bullshitters by their predecessors. 

Heresy!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Edit: ok, looked at his tweet. "Best ratings of all time!"

Well, yeah, it's hard to look away from a train wreck. But to The Donald, ratings are all that matter.

Another lie.

Debate Ratings: First Contest Draws 73.1 Million TV Viewers

Audience of first debate between Trump and Biden was 13% lower than initial Trump-Clinton debate in 2016

4 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I see.  So you're just making random shit up.

I forgot who I was type at.  Won't happen again, don't worry.

You really are ‘Special’

lol

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

oh shit you are just a zealot. ugh.

For someone who claims to be a lawyer you have a surprisingly poor command of the English language.

8 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

For someone who claims to be a lawyer you have a surprisingly poor command of the English language.

When you go there, make sure you don't live in a glass house.  Hint, you are missing an obvious comma.  

7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

When you go there, make sure you don't live in a glass house.  Hint, you are missing an obvious comma.  

Maybe he's another Hemmingway. 

Maybe not.. 

I think if they intend to have any more of these masterdebates, they need a different kind of moderation. 

tumblr_m7ah1iABDS1r7922zo1_500.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark K said:

Maybe not.. 

I'll load the gun.  

3 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Maybe not.. 

I think if they intend to have any more of these masterdebates, they need a different kind of moderation. 

tumblr_m7ah1iABDS1r7922zo1_500.gif

I’m not holding my breath for another “Old man and the sea”.  

1 minute ago, Lark said:

We might get "The Stupid Also Rises" though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark K said:

We might get "The Stupid Also Rises" though. 

Draw straws for who has to explain to Sea Warrior that "A Farewell to Arms" is not about a double amputee?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Draw straws for who has to explain to Sea Warrior that "A Farewell to Arms" is not about a double amputee?

I assumed he thought it was about gun control.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Not really.

The questions were crap.

How about "Mr President" in 2016 you promised to repeal and replace the ACA. You've had 4 years. Can we see your new plan?

Mr President, in 2016 you promised a huge overhaul of crumbling infrastructure, Potholes in roads repaired and new bridges built..what have you done?

I don't think it is at all unusual in these debates to ask of the incumbent potentially going into a second term what he has done about specific things promised in the last election.

"Ask not for whom the belle toils, for she toils for me.... On her knees..." :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

The questions were crap.

How about "Mr President" in 2016 you promised to repeal and replace the ACA. You've had 4 years. Can we see your new plan?

Mr President, in 2016 you promised a huge overhaul of crumbling infrastructure, Potholes in roads repaired and new bridges built..what have you done?

I don't think it is at all unusual in these debates to ask of the incumbent potentially going into a second term what he has done about specific things promised in the last election.

Funny that.  On July 19, President Trump told the same Chris Wallace he would be signing a health care plan in "2 weeks".  That was more than 10 weeks ago.

Transcript: 'Fox News Sunday' interview with President Trump

Just now, Shortforbob said:

Yes really.

No, not really.

As a matter of fact, it’s the prerogative of an author whether to insert such a tool or not, however, it’s very telling of your collective cognitive inabilities that you all feel the need to insist on such a reading aid.

1 minute ago, Sea warrior said:

No, not really.

As a matter of fact, it’s the prerogative of an author whether to insert such a tool or not, however, it’s very telling of 

I'd use "indicative". 

• Like 1

we now pause for a reality check: 

wonder what Mother Earth would add to all this spirited gossip and debate?

wonder if 'Fuck You' would be included?

now back to the over analyzation of relatively petty bs.

39 minutes ago, Lark said:

That would be "The Old Man and the Pee"  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

No, not really.

As a matter of fact, it’s the prerogative of an author whether to insert such a tool or not, however, it’s very telling of your collective cognitive inabilities that you all feel the need to insist on such a reading aid.

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves.

Shepard Smith is back.  His perspective has been missed.

“Let’s mark this moment. Last night the president called into question the heart of our democracy — the peaceful transition of power. Is there assurance that it’ll happen? Asked to give it, the president declined, and openly sowed the seeds of distrust in the outcome… In the debate, the president told a group fo white supremacists — some of whom stood by those in Charlottesville with their torches — to stand back and stand by. Joe Biden declared the duly elected president of the United States unfit to lead, called him a racist, a liar, a clown, and told him to shut up. We’ve never seen any of this. Not in America. But from this we march toward the vote.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/shepard-smith-unloads-on-debate-in-cnbc-debut-last-night-the-president-called-into-question-the-heart-of-our-democracy/