JimBowie

Banned from FB! Now where do I go?

Apparently the algorithms at FB have got my number down pat.  No sooner than I get OUT of FB jail, I post something mildly humorous and (mostly) true and BAM!  FB Busted!  Last time 72 hours.  This time a WEEK!  Guess that reduces my silicon footprint to....wait....no way....SA only?  ouch!

11 minutes ago, JimBowie said:

Apparently the algorithms at FB have got my number down pat.  No sooner than I get OUT of FB jail, I post something mildly humorous and (mostly) true and BAM!  FB Busted!  Last time 72 hours.  This time a WEEK!  Guess that reduces my silicon footprint to....wait....no way....SA only?  ouch!

Social media no longer deals with humorous or (mostly) true.

Outrage and crybaby is the only accepted behaviour. So maybe it is just time to move on.

• Like 2

Left wastebook years ago and definitely the right move. 

My social media is limited to minimal postings here.

WL

Read books. Talk to real people. Breathe. Come back to life.

FB is a has-been and has been so for the last couple of years, except people still living in the FB bubble didn't notice.

• Like 1

I banned myself from Facebook about 15 years ago.  Haven't missed it at all.

• Like 3

Go to Warshington DC and make Merica greater?

Get with the new century gramps

TicTok

You got banned from Facebook and you came here for advice?  You don't hang out here much do you? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JimBowie said:

Wooden Boat. Tell them Meli sent you. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JimBowie said:

Details 

"Banned from FB! Now where do I go?"

Outside.  

1 hour ago, Bugsy said:

"Banned from FB! Now where do I go?"

Outside.  

Beat me to it.

• Like 1

They let Trump post his lies but you got banned?

WTF did you do?

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

They let Trump post his lies but you got banned?

WTF did you do?

Posted (mostly) true stuff. He never had a chance.

I lasted the first 18 months after it launched.  From what I have heard it is way more intrusive now than the intrusion that made me fire it.

Facebook is destroying democracy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimBowie said:

What content do you posted to get banned for?

59 minutes ago, astro said:

What content do you posted to get banned for?

I still have a FB account because of the Robert Perry Boat Designer Fan club.  Bob posts a lot and it's interesting, he has fans everywhere who posts pics of their boats, stuff like that.  Otherwise it could be called waste book.  I really and honestly don't give a shit about where and what you are having for dinner.

• Like 2

Scot ... that you ?????

image.thumb.png.7b3ee9d0f98de55ea1b323964fdb037a.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

I still have a FB account because of the Robert Perry Boat Designer Fan club.  Bob posts a lot and it's interesting, he has fans everywhere who posts pics of their boats, stuff like that.  Otherwise it could be called waste book.  I really and honestly don't give a shit about where and what you are having for dinner.

Roast pork with baked vegetables, as it happens. I can smell the pork roasting as I type this. Mmmmmmm......

FKT

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JimBowie said:

I just reported you to Facebook, twitter, Tic Toc, USPS, The Army and Amazon....   Rot in social media Siberia evil person....

EVERYBODY FLAG JIM "EVIL PERSON" BOWIE...... Lets see if we can help him achieve complete Social Media expulsion without committing a major hate crime...    

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 5.08.40 AM.png

Wow.  Didn't expect this many roaches to crawl outta the wood works...but wow, just wow.  

17 hours ago, Jules said:

I banned myself from Facebook about 15 years ago.  Haven't missed it at all.

Never had an FB account, and I get happier everyday for not having it. 

16 minutes ago, JimBowie said:

Wow.  Didn't expect this many roaches to crawl outta the wood works...but wow, just wow.  

1000+ posts here...  the roaches skittering abut this place should come as no surprise to you.

Look at this as a good thing.  Get off FB for a while.  You may like it.  Liberating.

Hang out with us roaches around here a bit more.  SA is the final frontier of wit, tolerance, knowledge and camaraderie.

I struggle to type that without a purple font.  :rolleyes:  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, nacradriver said:

You got banned from Facebook and you came here for advice?  You don't hang out here much do you? 

3 hours ago, JimBowie said:

I warned ya didn't I?

3 hours ago, JimBowie said:

Wow.  Didn't expect this many roaches to crawl outta the wood works.

You shoude tacke pride in that, ist somthing you cane do.  Youre licke the pide pippere of roaches.                                     :)

7 hours ago, mad said:

Have one, but haven't posted in years. Once in a while I check to see what our daughters in Charleston are up to, and I do get text, or email messages when one has posted something, but still rarely go there.  Like someone said above, it's helping to really fuck up a fair Democratic election, with all the bots and such baiting those on the far left and right with misinformation.

8 hours ago, mad said:

Never had one either.  Seemingly I’m not missing much of anything.  Same with Twitter.

2 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
8 hours ago, mad said:

Never had one either.  Seemingly I’m not missing much of anything.  Same with Twitter.

Ime am a golde starre Non-FB'ian, nevere touchte or beene touchte by FB.                                :)

FB in general and the comments on news stories in specific, are looking more like PA every day (but with real names, some of them family members).

That, and the pics & information of themselves or friends some people put up in public view.

Some would call it "Stalkbook".

15 hours ago, JimBowie said:

This surprises you?

FB and politics don't mix well unless you are running for President.

12 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ime am a golde starre Non-FB'ian, nevere touchte or beene touchte by FB.                                :)

04d81ebc77bcb8d10b1cfd1c79503257.jpg

I was touched, inappropriately, when that shit show just began. I asked some guy at work what it was, he built me an account. That shit lasted a few days. My total "social media" profile consists of this place and a motorcycle forum. 

4 hours ago, bmiller said:

My total "social media" profile consists of this place and a motorcycle forum. 

Would you like us to go on a field trip to show you some support?

We haven't done one of those in a while.  Stupid covid lockdown and all.  Boo.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, Innocent Bystander said:
On 10/2/2020 at 3:42 PM, JimBowie said:

Wooden Boat. Tell them Meli sent you. 

That was mean

But funny as hell.... thanks!

- DSK

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That was mean

But funny as hell.... thanks!

- DSK

WTF did Meli do on wooden boat?

Sure, she's ignorant, opinionated and unable to spell but come on - wooden boat has higher standards than she can meet? I don't believe it. She's basically a pretty decent person.

FKT

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

WTF did Meli do on wooden boat?

Sure, she's ignorant, opinionated and unable to spell but come on - wooden boat has higher standards than she can meet? I don't believe it. She's basically a pretty decent person.

FKT

I suspect it was a joke

IIRC Meli had a Mirror dinghy when she first started posting and did in fact talk a little about boats, fixing hers up, and sailing it. That's been left behind now. It's all social NTTAWWT

- DSK

55 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I suspect it was a joke

IIRC Meli had a Mirror dinghy when she first started posting and did in fact talk a little about boats, fixing hers up, and sailing it. That's been left behind now. It's all social NTTAWWT

- DSK

Must admit I've never looked at Wooden Boat. As a steel boat owner/builder I'd be banned on principle, I expect.

Hopefully off sailing tomorrow, the weather guessers claim it'll be a reasonable day. We shall see.

FKT

Meli can't spell?

Shirly this is a mistake... she works at a library, right?

Is she dating @Snaggletooth?

31 minutes ago, Windward said:

Meli can't spell?

Nope, even when she uses spellcheck, she still fucks up continually. Kind of funny really when she uses a correctly spelt word that's wrong in context because she can't tell the difference and spell-check can't help.

Anyway, I was more interested in how someone got banned from wooden boat. They sound like a right bunch of wankers.

FKT

17 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Anyway, I was more interested in how someone got banned from wooden boat. They sound like a right bunch of wankers.

They alle blammed it on the 'modiratorre', swoire he wase pychoctic an verrey annalle.                        :)

9 hours ago, Windward said:

Meli can't spell?

They are in a dong listance lerationpish.

• Like 3

On 10/3/2020 at 6:58 AM, JimBowie said:

Really, I mean really.

FB is only good to chat with family spread around the country.