Sign in to follow this  
Nice!

And now Miller has caught the White House virus.

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

• Like 2

Just now, Nice! said:

In an earlier post I said God doesn’t exist.  Maybe this is a sign to reconsider that,  but the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi so the jury is still out.

• Like 1

That's the trouble with this virus, you can lie about testing, you can lie about symptoms.

Until you can't lie any more.

• Like 1

Just now, Shortforbob said:

That's the trouble with this virus, you can lie about testing, you can lie about symptoms.

Until you can't lie any more.

Until you have to lie down...

• Like 1

I wouldn't get too excited about Miller. He's young and his wife's had it.

Can't find any link.

I am still trying to figure out how someone like Stephen Miller could have a wife.

• Like 1

The good news really is that if Miller can test positive 5 days after the rest of the infected, so can Barr and Guilianni, and Mitch and all those evil old guys.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Thank you, they've all just been posted in the last 10 minutes.

that's the new reality , twitter leads .

7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I wouldn't get too excited about Miller. He's young and his wife's had it.

Can't find any link.

Someone married that fucking Nazi??

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

The good news really is that if Miller can test positive 5 days after the rest of the infected, so can Barr.

Barr probably has it, but doesn't want to admit it.

This will make a good TV series.

Is Rowen Atkinson available?

You'll have to hand the rights over to the Brits, Americans don't do black comedy well.

• Like 1

And as someone elsewhere said (too idle to look) "How could Miller get it? He isn't even human."

Just now, kent_island_sailor said:

Eva Brauns are a thing.

they weren't married until hitler was on his figurative deathbed.

Katie Waldman and Stephen Miller Wed at Trump Hotel

16WALDMAN-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

behind paywall at NY Times

8 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I am still trying to figure out how someone like Stephen Miller could have a wife.

She pretty fucked up herself 

• Like 1

My wife tends to keep her political opinions to herself. But when she read about Miller, I heard a “yea” coming from her.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

My wife tends to keep her political opinions to herself. But when she read about Miller, I heard a “yea” coming from her.

I see him on a street anywhere in the world and he eats my fist.  Same with Jared.  

3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I see him on a street anywhere in the world and he eats my fist.  Same with Jared.  

I’ll cover your bail.

• Like 1

Fine by me. Many happy bedpans to him.

What’s that? 10 or so inner circle peeps now have it?  One of them has just got to die.  Hopefully it’s this fuck. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

What’s that? 10 or so inner circle peeps now have it?  One of them has just got to die.  Hopefully it’s this fuck. 

Better in some ways if they don't but require a lot of medical care to stay alive.

Reason: Think of the optics - all those people who died? It was because your leadership cared so little for you that you can't have decent health care, but for the leadership, no expense is too great. But if you & yours got decent care, those deaths didn't have to happen.

The dichotomy needs to get really stark to motivate the stupid group. Not sure it's there yet. Not enough have seen their grandparents die and been unemployed with no health care for their kids.

FKT

Thoughts & prayers.

That the evil cocksucker has a terminal case.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Better in some ways if they don't but require a lot of medical care to stay alive.

Reason: Think of the optics - all those people who died? It was because your leadership cared so little for you that you can't have decent health care, but for the leadership, no expense is too great. But if you & yours got decent care, those deaths didn't have to happen.

The dichotomy needs to get really stark to motivate the stupid group. Not sure it's there yet. Not enough have seen their grandparents die and been unemployed with no health care for their kids.

FKT

A half dozen or so Trumpalos were interviewed on the news tonight.

A couple of things they all agreed on, Trump is obviously a superior being and shrugged off the virus that has killed so many inferior people. The second thing thy agreed on, to varying degrees of emphasis, is that the virus is really not dangerous... some said the numbers are phony, others didn't agree with that but they did say it's being 'Played UP' by Democrats trying to either ruin the economy (??) or take control of the country away from Trump (?!?!?). They said they didn't know anybody who died, well, a couple of them said they did but the people were old anyway. Not their own Mom or Dad, of course. One was a former nurse who tried to play up her medical knowledge but it was clear she had no clue about virus (maybe that's why she's a former nurse).

In short, they believe such a self-conflicting and delusional pile of gobbledygook that trying to present a set of facts to influence them is clearly a mugs game. As long as they are getting told hateful lies on right-wing spew-media, they're going to be Trumpalos.

- DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

A half dozen or so Trumpalos were interviewed on the news tonight.

A couple of things they all agreed on, Trump is obviously a superior being and shrugged off the virus that has killed so many inferior people. The second thing thy agreed on, to varying degrees of emphasis, is that the virus is really not dangerous... some said the numbers are phony, others didn't agree with that but they did say it's being 'Played UP' by Democrats trying to either ruin the economy (??) or take control of the country away from Trump (?!?!?). They said they didn't know anybody who died, well, a couple of them said they did but the people were old anyway. Not their own Mom or Dad, of course. One was a former nurse who tried to play up her medical knowledge but it was clear she had no clue about virus (maybe that's why she's a former nurse).

In short, they believe such a self-conflicting and delusional pile of gobbledygook that trying to present a set of facts to influence them is clearly a mugs game. As long as they are getting told hateful lies on right-wing spew-media, they're going to be Trumpalos.

- DSK

It's a new American religion. It has all the hallmarks. This week it has advanced down the path toward becoming a death cult. Not joking here, deeply concerned.

11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

The Lincoln Project is savage

We knew cats could get it, why not lizards?

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

Last night I read an article in Vanity about Stephen Miller and Katie Waldman.  They seemed to be two black holes looking to find each other.  And they did.  They are now married.  It's like Beelzebub finding Cruella.  They reveled in making life hell for brown people trying to come into the US.

Both came from right leaning, well-to-do, Jewish families, that is their parents were far right. 

Katie Miller was first diagnosed as being COVID positive last May.  She also said later that she was pregnant.  Don't know if Stephen was exposed back then or not.

13 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

The Lincoln Project is savage

They are Republicans.  They know where the jugular is and have no compunction going for it.

Contact tracing the ENTIRE Klan rally is going to be a bitch.

12 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Tracking through the pets and sex toys is going to be tricky.

1 hour ago, loneshark64 said:

It's a new American religion. It has all the hallmarks. This week it has advanced down the path toward becoming a death cult. Not joking here, deeply concerned.

That's the trouble, people hide their deep concern beneath bitter banter.

It's impossible to express that deep concern and sound sincere.

Sincerely

Meli 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice! said:

Barr probably has it, but doesn't want to admit it.

The corona virus that got assigned to Barr are objecting to their working conditions.  "C'mon, this guy is nasty!"

2 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

When can we expect Trumptown?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

So if Miller pops off does he get cremated?

Asking for a friend.

After they stake him, cut off his head and fill his mouth with communion wafers...sure. Why not?

More I think about it we should get really outraged about Donnie and the GOP's no mask schtick.

This would ensure Donnie and his psycho entourage double down on their stupidity, at the rate they're going there won't be anyone in the GOP available to take office January.

Way to own the libs wink wink.

I'm just chuckling at the fact that Miller somehow managed to not get infected, when wife had it... but did get infected, when DJT had it...

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Nice! said:

Someone married that fucking Nazi??

goebbelsuse.jpg?itok=rH2fgLBl

magda goebbels

Nice woman 

Her father was jewish

Albert Muller - Waffen SS. Kind of an uncanny resemblance. Yeah I know Miller is Jewish and his name is different. But people change their last name when they immigrate all the time. Like Drumpf to Trump ...

1714061201195117p.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA1am3FofQZkpjAQHmReK

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frenchie said:

I'm just chuckling at the fact that Miller somehow managed to not get infected, when wife had it... but did get infected, when DJT had it...

ewwwwwwww

- DSK

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

After they stake him, cut off his head and fill his mouth with communion wafers...sure. Why not?

He would probably love it

As the president’s most determined, unwavering adviser on any single topic, he has crafted, with considerable success, the most punishing immigration policies in modern U.S. history—from the Muslim ban to the family-separation policy and every measure in between. He has been the draftsman behind Trump’s darkest rhetoric. Unlike so many other White House officials who resigned or were pushed out, he has not only survived, he’s thrived. Protecting America from immigrants has been his single passion. “This is all I care about,” he told colleagues last year. “I don’t have a family. I don’t have anything else. This is my life.”

The Millers’ respective issues dovetail in a single phenomenon: harm to immigrant communities and people of color.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/08/stephen-miller-and-his-wife-found-love-in-a-hateful-place

10 hours ago, Mike G said:

White House Is Not Tracing Contacts for ‘Super-Spreader’ Rose Garden Event

Despite almost daily disclosures of new coronavirus infections among President Trump’s close associates, the White House is making little effort to investigate the scope and source of its outbreak.

The White House has decided not to trace the contacts of guests and staff members at the Rose Garden celebration 10 days ago for Judge Amy Coney Barrett, where at least eight people, including the president, may have become infected, according to a White House official familiar with the plans.

Instead, it has limited its efforts to notifying people who came in close contact with Mr. Trump in the two days before his Covid diagnosis Thursday evening. It has also cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which has the government’s most extensive knowledge and resources for contact tracing, out of the process.

7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

A cheer would go up if that cocksucker died!

Dude, chill with the homophobic slurs, please.

Here's some nice german insults to use instead:

Arschgeige (ass violin)

Vollpfosten (full post)

Mistkerl (shit guy)

Halunke (man without a beard)

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

White House Is Not Tracing Contacts for ‘Super-Spreader’ Rose Garden Event

Despite almost daily disclosures of new coronavirus infections among President Trump’s close associates, the White House is making little effort to investigate the scope and source of its outbreak.

The White House has decided not to trace the contacts of guests and staff members at the Rose Garden celebration 10 days ago for Judge Amy Coney Barrett, where at least eight people, including the president, may have become infected, according to a White House official familiar with the plans.

Instead, it has limited its efforts to notifying people who came in close contact with Mr. Trump in the two days before his Covid diagnosis Thursday evening. It has also cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which has the government’s most extensive knowledge and resources for contact tracing, out of the process.

Trump is like a fading Soviet leader

Over the past few days, we have seen the sickly gasps, literally, of a fading authoritarian regime. A brush with a potentially mortal illness might change other men, but not President Donald Trump, whose immaturity and selfishness are as immutable as the elements themselves. Other men might have spoken to a concerned nation with empathy and reassurance. Trump play-acted the part of a petty dictator, mugging and saluting for the cameras.

I had a flashback to my early career studying the old Soviet Union, and in Trump I saw the fading Soviet leaders who climbed to the top of Lenin’s Tomb, gamely waving and putting on a brave face as their health and grip on power slipped away from them. Trump was Leonid Brezhnev or Konstantin Chernenko, but this time struggling to take in the muggy night breeze in Washington instead of the frigid and polluted air of Moscow. 

1 minute ago, mathystuff said:

Arschgeige (ass violin)

Vollpfosten (full post)

Mistkerl (shit guy)

Pretty arrogant to name yourself mathystuff, you want to go one one one with Legendre Polynomials.?

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

Pretty arrogant to name yourself mathystuff, you want to go one one one with Legendre Polynomials.?

Buy yourself a punching bag.

Just now, mathystuff said:

Sorry, just having a bad week/month/year.  

My brother died in June and I am nowhere being good with it.  I'm seeing shrinks and it hasn't helped.  

3 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

he has stephen miller and jared for that but I can relate

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

My brother died in June and I am nowhere being good with it.  I'm seeing shrinks and it hasn't helped.  

Sorry about that.  This year truly sucks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mathystuff said:

Arschgeige (ass violin)

Vollpfosten (full post)

Mistkerl (shit guy)

Ass violin! Really!?!  Is this like being an ass carrot only musical instead of culinary (ewwwww)?

This is a great insult, thanks!

- DSK

17 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

It takes time under any circumstances, made worse with the chaos in the world today. Don't be afraid to use an antidepressant for a while if that is recommended by your doc. If the psychologist is not helping, try a different one. There are good docs and bad docs, and particularly with psychologists there are also good matchups and bad matchups even with good docs. You need a good doc who is also good for you. Make sure you get plenty of sleep, just don't use alcohol to get to sleep. Alcohol can extend the stall or retard the healing process. Not trying to lecture, but have been through a lot of loss these past few years and sharing lessons learned. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

That sucks.

Losing someone close always sucks. I hope you can work it out.

Should you be taking an SSRI aggression can be a side effect of them.

17 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Ass violin! Really!?!  Is this like being an ass carrot only musical instead of culinary (ewwwww)?

This is a great insult, thanks!

- DSK

No clue where it comes from. There's a scene is Das Boot where one of the crew describes a prostitute putting a cork attached to a string in his ass and "fiddling him one". Might be related. :lol:

2 minutes ago, LenP said:

It takes time under any circumstances, made worse with the chaos in the world today. Don't be afraid to use an antidepressant for a while if that is recommended by your doc. If the psychologist is not helping, try a different one. There are good docs and bad docs, and particularly with psychologists there are also good matchups and bad matchups even with good docs. You need a good doc who is also good for you. Make sure you get plenty of sleep, just don't use alcohol to get to sleep. Alcohol can extend the stall or retard the healing process. Not trying to lecture, but have been through a lot of loss these past few years and sharing lessons learned. 

I'm dating a radiologist and your thoughts echo hers...no shit.  I'm doing my best and will come out the other side.  Just sad.  

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Sorry about your brother.  
Not sure if coming to this site is good therapy. 
Something I’ve told people way to often in the last few months  
Never let anyone tell you it’s time to move on.   -  grief is different for everyone. There is no time limit

What will happen is the grief will become less intense over time.  The good memories will slowly replace the anger.  

Stay strong 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

What, dickhead lying trolls like you don’t help people?

It'll take time and some drugs do help.

I'm dating a radiologist and your thoughts echo hers...no shit.  I'm doing my best and will come out the other side.  Just sad.  

Thankfully I have no exactly comparible personal experience.    Death in all its forms sucks.    I agree with Mathy and your radiologist.   Mind altering drugs are, well, mind altering,    Sometimes they have unintended consequences.    Mathy’s punching bag idea saved me during a divorce, at the cost of two destroyed bags but with great but temporary cardio benefits.   A business project and some online classes also distracted me.     Do what it takes.    Best wishes, your posts are often of value.   You are one ape here I wouldn’t mind chatting with dockside (even though I suspect you’re a racer with all their personality flaws).  

25 minutes ago, Lark said:

Thankfully I have no exactly comparible personal experience.    Death in all its forms sucks.    I agree with Mathy and your radiologist.   Mind altering drugs are, well, mind altering,    Sometimes they have unintended consequences.    Mathy’s punching bag idea saved me during a divorce, at the cost of two destroyed bags but with great but temporary cardio benefits.   A business project and some online classes also distracted me.     Do what it takes.    Best wishes, your posts are often of value.   You are one ape here I wouldn’t mind chatting with dockside (even though I suspect you’re a racer with all their personality flaws).  

Those aren't flaws, they are features....  (spoken as a 20 yr cpu guy)  ;)

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Never let anyone tell you it’s time to move on.   -  grief is different for everyone. There is no time limit

What will happen is the grief will become less intense over time.  The good memories will slowly replace the anger.  

Stay strong 

^^ What he said.  ^^

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

Stay strong 

Amen. I lost my older son almost 4 years ago. I was useless, a wreck and a basket case for well over a year and a half.  The anger (ie the unfairness of it all) still creeps in from time to time.  Now I think about what could have been. He and his younger brother were/are lifelong sailors.  Younger one just bought his first serious boat (Optis, lasers and 420s don’t count).  I can see the “kids” my wife and me doing a weekend race or two and my sons and their daughters racing on Wed night. Not to be.

As Joker said, the good memories are what we have.

@Cal20sailor Sorry about your loss.  Tough indeed.  But you will rise above this.

At the risk of being thought insensitive (what a concept here!), back on topic.

So Stephen Miller has it?  I did Nazi that coming.

7 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Sorry to hear that.  But you'll never be good with it.  You have to find a place for him in your heart where he can stay forever.

10 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

You have my deep and sincere condoloences. Doing without somebody you have known, been close to, shared life with, for as long as you can remember, is tremendous loss and grief is real & human... one may even say rational. I hope that you are or will soon reach a stage where you can dwell on happy memories.

5 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Amen. I lost my older son almost 4 years ago. I was useless, a wreck and a basket case for well over a year and a half.  The anger (ie the unfairness of it all) still creeps in from time to time.  Now I think about what could have been. He and his younger brother were/are lifelong sailors.  Younger one just bought his first serious boat (Optis, lasers and 420s don’t count).  I can see the “kids” my wife and me doing a weekend race or two and my sons and their daughters racing on Wed night. Not to be.

That is an awful tragedy. It must be difficult to share this and I am truly humbled by your experience.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

You have my deep and sincere condoloences. Doing without somebody you have known, been close to, shared life with, for as long as you can remember, is tremendous loss and grief is real & human... one may even say rational. I hope that you are or will soon reach a stage where you can dwell on happy memories.

That is an awful tragedy. It must be difficult to share this and I am truly humbled by your experience.

- DSK

Thank you. 

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts.  Time is doing its curative thing and I know that with time, I'll heal.  It just hurts.  My last sail was with him and my next will feel very empty.  Thanks again.  

13 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

I am very sorry for your loss and did not mean to compare my tragedy with that of losing a child.  It literally is like what amputees describe and I hope to get over it.  I bought my brother's car from his widow and it's sad but I can't help but hear him screaming at me about keeping it clean.  I smile when that voice floods over me.  

6 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I am very sorry for your loss and did not mean to compare my tragedy with that of losing a child.  It literally is like what amputees describe and I hope to get over it.  I bought my brother's car from his widow and it's sad but I can't help but hear him screaming at me about keeping it clean.  I smile when that voice floods over me.  

No need to apologize or anything like that.  As someone who has been there I was just trying to offer a bit of perspective.  It hurts like hell and will for quite some time.  But you will get through, you have no choice unless you want to sit in a corner the rest of your life.  And, do keep the car clean!

There's always another sunset to admire while having a beer in good company after a nice day of sailing.

It is all there needs to be.

• Like 1