Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Pence Wants No Shields in VP Debate

Recommended Posts

This is how it started.  Pence says no Plexiglas at the debate.  After a furious debate, he finally relented.

The vice president’s team objected to the safety measure, but later acquiesced. An aide to Senator Kamala Harris criticized her opponent’s dismissal of the need for dividers.

Aides to Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday criticized plans for their candidate to sit behind plexiglass dividers at this week’s vice-presidential debate, objecting to a safety measure that the organizers said would help prevent any viral transmission between Mr. Pence and his Democratic opponent, Senator Kamala Harris.

The complaint from Mr. Pence’s staff — which was quickly brushed aside by Ms. Harris’s team — was another salvo in the fraught negotiations over the debate scheduled for Wednesday in Salt Lake City, an event that was briefly in doubt after President Trump’s announcement that he had contracted the coronavirus.

Late Tuesday, Frank J. Fahrenkopf Jr., a co-chairman of the Commission on Presidential Debates, said in an interview that after negotiations, Mr. Pence’s staff had agreed to accept the placement of the plexiglass dividers, which were installed on the Utah debate stage earlier in the day.

 

Does anyone think this was anything other than the typical disruption bullshit intended to keep "the radical left" on their heels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the over/under on the VP debate? Is Harris going to do to Pence what Biden did to Ryan is 2012. 
Does it make any difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that just as a precaution, VP Pence should be encapsulated in shrinkwrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jules said:

Does anyone think this was anything other than the typical disruption bullshit intended to keep "the radical left" on their heels?

Yes I do ...

It is criminal negligence .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a replicant android.  It does not need a shield.  It will not be vaporizing the virus since he does not breath.  It could be on his clothing or synthetic flesh, but you could just spray it and wipe it down before it walks out on stage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I think that just as a precaution, VP Pence should be encapsulated in shrinkwrap.

fairly certain that’s the kind of kink mother only accepts behind closed doors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aA said:

fairly certain that’s the kind of kink sex mother only accepts behind closed doors

And with the lights out. He just lies in the corner glowing under his Saran wrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

It is a replicant android.  It does not need a shield.  It will not be vaporizing the virus since he does not breath.  It could be on his clothing or synthetic flesh, but you could just spray it and wipe it down before it walks out on stage. 

When I read your posts I imagine Lewis Black saying them.  It makes everything so much more meaningful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jules said:

This is how it started.  Pence says no Plexiglas at the debate.  After a furious debate, he finally relented.

The vice president’s team objected to the safety measure, but later acquiesced. An aide to Senator Kamala Harris criticized her opponent’s dismissal of the need for dividers.

Aides to Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday criticized plans for their candidate to sit behind plexiglass dividers at this week’s vice-presidential debate, objecting to a safety measure that the organizers said would help prevent any viral transmission between Mr. Pence and his Democratic opponent, Senator Kamala Harris.

The complaint from Mr. Pence’s staff — which was quickly brushed aside by Ms. Harris’s team — was another salvo in the fraught negotiations over the debate scheduled for Wednesday in Salt Lake City, an event that was briefly in doubt after President Trump’s announcement that he had contracted the coronavirus.

Late Tuesday, Frank J. Fahrenkopf Jr., a co-chairman of the Commission on Presidential Debates, said in an interview that after negotiations, Mr. Pence’s staff had agreed to accept the placement of the plexiglass dividers, which were installed on the Utah debate stage earlier in the day.

 

Does anyone think this was anything other than the typical disruption bullshit intended to keep "the radical left" on their heels?

It is an excuse to bow out of the debate if they need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jules said:

When I read your posts I imagine Lewis Black saying them.  It makes everything so much more meaningful.

Thank you.  The man is a genius.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jules said:

This is how it started.  Pence says no Plexiglas at the debate.  After a furious debate, he finally relented.

The vice president’s team objected to the safety measure, but later acquiesced. An aide to Senator Kamala Harris criticized her opponent’s dismissal of the need for dividers.

Aides to Vice President Mike Pence on Tuesday criticized plans for their candidate to sit behind plexiglass dividers at this week’s vice-presidential debate, objecting to a safety measure that the organizers said would help prevent any viral transmission between Mr. Pence and his Democratic opponent, Senator Kamala Harris.

The complaint from Mr. Pence’s staff — which was quickly brushed aside by Ms. Harris’s team — was another salvo in the fraught negotiations over the debate scheduled for Wednesday in Salt Lake City, an event that was briefly in doubt after President Trump’s announcement that he had contracted the coronavirus.

Late Tuesday, Frank J. Fahrenkopf Jr., a co-chairman of the Commission on Presidential Debates, said in an interview that after negotiations, Mr. Pence’s staff had agreed to accept the placement of the plexiglass dividers, which were installed on the Utah debate stage earlier in the day.

 

Does anyone think this was anything other than the typical disruption bullshit intended to keep "the radical left" on their heels?

I think they honestly did not want the barrier.  But at some point they figured out that Kamala would agree to the barrier and eat his fucking lunch on the lack of precaution on the part of this administration's shit show.  

But it was not enough to hand that to her on a fucking platter.  Now she has his lack of preparedness AND the indecisiveness of this team and not having his shit together.

This should be good.  I expect she will mop the floor with his ass.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jules said:

When I read your posts I imagine Lewis Black saying them.  It makes everything so much more meaningful.

Yes, many of them are brilliant . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Yes, many of them are brilliant . . 

Careful.  This may go to my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olsonist said:

Tough. My top three posters are . . . 

There are a number of good ones - and we bow down before their awesomeness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Yes, many of them are brilliant . . 

In a Lex Luthor kinda way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I think they honestly did not want the barrier. 

I'm going to agree with this from the belief they think the lord will save them.  But if they looked at how the lord pummeled the south with tropical storms this season, I'd say they need to rethink their strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this