Carl77

J109 Windlass

Hey - does anyone have any experience, photo's etc of a windlass fitted to a J109?

Anything would be a great help!

We put a windlass in the chain locker of our 109.  I don't have pics handy,  but will this weekend if I remember.  We have it removable, just in case for racing. We have a couple rollers that route the rode down to the windlass that is bolted onto a custom shelf bracket, which is mounted into the chain locker bulkhead.

Works well even with 125' of chain that Dad wanted.  Have to be careful with it. Don't browse the anchor tight.  We had to reinforce the bulkhead after about 12 years of extensive summer cruising (and some enthusiastic windlass use).

Thanks for the reply - you have me intrigued - I very much look forward to the photos.

Carl 

Ours is mounted forward of the locker lid. It is a low profile windlass made by quick. It works well, but does limit the anchor shank length. The anchor is a Rocna 10. It is a later model french built boat.

IMG_2509-1.thumb.jpeg.c7ff8907fe6ea97ba0236b44017ea22d.jpeg

Thanks - as they say a picture is worth a thousand words! 

Did you buy the boat with the windlass installed or did you have it installed yourself?

Hey I also have the Rocna 10 as my anchor!

I am not the original owner but I suspect it was a factory option.