Jules

Are The Rats Really Jumping Ship?

Rich Lowry writes opinions for the National Review.  His articles appear regularly in the local paper.  They read like Mike Pence wrote them, making excuses, fabricating falsehoods and praising Trump for his remarkable leadership. :wacko:  Toadies like Lowry could be seen as canaries in the coal mine.

But this morning, Lowry's tone wasn't so cheery.  It was actually critical.  Even the most loyal rats seem to be jumping ship.  Some clips from that article...

Trump Is Letting Down His Side

By Rich LowryOctober 9, 2020 6:30 AM

Trump has turned the famous James Carville adage on its head: “It’s everything else, stupid.”

If this is the most important election of our lifetimes, is it too much to ask that the president of the United States act like it?

The president’s most devoted backers talk about the election in apocalyptic terms —

Why not, in short, do a few things that are uncomfortable or unnatural in the cause of, you know, saving the country from imminent political destruction?

Of course, by this point, even asking these questions seems naive, although there were times in 2016 when Trump modulated his behavior enough to make a difference.

In his first clash with Biden, in contrast, an out-of-control Trump blew himself up in the course of trying to demolish the former vice president. If Biden was calculatedly evasive and canned, Trump was profligate and underprepared — the way he almost always is.

Trump has waged a low-intensity campaign against masks, for no good reason. By setting himself against them, largely on aesthetic grounds, Trump further opened himself up to charges that he doesn’t take the virus seriously — even before his illness and the White House outbreak.

Be that as it may, Trump won’t have been stabbed in the back; he will have committed a form of political hara-kiri because he found it easier and more enjoyable than exercising a modicum of self-discipline.

If Trump loses, the story isn’t going to be what was done to him, rather what he did to himself.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jules said:

If Trump loses, the story isn’t going to be what was done to him, rather what he did to himself.

not a snow flakes chance in hell tRump will accept any responsibility .

• Like 1

It is routine for various people to leave an administration as the election nears.  It happens every year, even when a president has a good chance of winning re-election.  I'm not counting ANY chickens until Trump is out of the White House.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mid said:

No, Trump will never admit to anything like that but when guys like Lowry are saying things like that, it's just a matter of time before the rest of the sycophants jump ship.  Trump can say anything he wants but he'll be sailing a ship with no crew.

While I am carefully hopeful that Biden / Harris just might have some positive activity...., I am not voting for Biden so much as voting biggly, strongly and beautifully against Trump, because of Trump.

• Like 1

TBH I'm on tender hooks till it's done and dusted , the world can not take 4 more years of tRump but there's no certainty that we won't get them ... :(

9 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

It is routine for various people to leave an administration as the election nears.  It happens every year, even when a president has a good chance of winning re-election.  I'm not counting ANY chickens until Trump is out of the White House.

If Biden wins the GOP will be all “Trump only worked for us for a very short period of time, we barely knew him, he was really kind of a Democrat, the administration was a hoax, lock him up, we take no responsibility, wear a mask.”

But Americans will NOT forget. Right??

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mid said:

He takes no blame.  Only credit.

26 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He takes no blame.  Only credit.

You forget he also complains loudly if he doesn’t get credit, the pathetic insecure snowflake that he is.

I end up listing to the local right-wing AM radio guys because that is our traffic and weather station here and also to keep myself appraised of what their talking points are. As of last night two of them were on together complaining loudly that the SENATE is the prize worth having, not the White House. They think Moscow Mitch and all the rest of them need to ditch Trump ASAP and save themselves.

I would agree with them BTW if I were a Republican strategist, a solid Republican Senate can do what they always do and block absolutely everything, but Trump with a solid Democratic Senate is screwed.

2 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

If Biden wins the GOP will be all “Trump only worked for us for a very short period of time, we barely knew him, he was really kind of a Democrat, the administration was a hoax, lock him up, we take no responsibility, wear a mask.”

Not for a couple of weeks anyway.

• Like 1

Why not, in short, do a few things that are uncomfortable or unnatural in the cause of, you know, saving the country from imminent political destruction?

This clown wants Trump to save the country from imminent political destruction?

They really do live in an alternate reality.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Not for a couple of weeks anyway.

The Fiscal Responsibility Express is about to get very crowded. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The Fiscal Responsibility Express is about to get very crowded. 

I think about January it will be so overloaded with Rs it will need an extra engine to even move down the track. I expect an outbreak of fiscal restraint that will make Covid seem tame!

3 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Totally agree with the first sentence.  They have been using Trump all along.

Part 2?  I'm afraid we have a very short memory.  One political operative put that time limit at 3 months, about as long as it takes to get us to chase another ball.

47 minutes ago, Jules said:
4 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Part 2?  I'm afraid we have a very short memory.  One political operative put that time limit at 3 months, about as long as it takes to get us to chase another ball.

I am hoping to see less blind screeching outrage over having a black woman Vice President in 2021 than we had over a black President in 2009.

I am also hoping to see the pendulum for the TrumpRepublican Party swing away from utter mendacity as a means of persuading it's voters. We can't have an actual debate about policy when one of the two majors parties lies about it's intented policies.

OTOH it wouldn't bother me a bit to see the Trumpublican Party completely swept away and replaced with a group that could be relied on to at least not commit treason for the sake of power.

- DSK

• Like 3

Corruption is why those inclined to public service are few and far between in Washington and the state capitals.   You have to have a strong streak of self-serving ideology running through you to find them a great place to work. 

Post-Trump we may see less in-your-face corruption but it's doubtful we'll ever see honesty and integrity dominate the political landscape.  There's too much money being waved in the faces of politicians today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Three months seems to be a typical human emotional/memory time scale.  It applies to grief and forgiveness it seems. 

Although I did have a crew member once who wouldn't hike the boat because she was honoring the one-year anniversary of the death of her cat.  Just sat in the lee corner and moped.  Oddly, I haven't seen her back on the boat since then.  It must have been something I said.

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

Three months seems to be a typical human emotional/memory time scale.  It applies to grief and forgiveness it seems. 

Although I did have a crew member once who wouldn't hike the boat because she was honoring the one-year anniversary of the death of her cat.  Just sat in the lee corner and moped.  Oddly, I haven't seen her back on the boat since then.  It must have been something I said.

Something like "Stay home in your basement, you useless twat."?

13 minutes ago, Jules said:

Corruption is why those inclined to public service are few and far between in Washington and the state capitals.   You have to have a strong streak of self-serving ideology running through you to find them a great place to work. 

Post-Trump we may see less in-your-face corruption but it's doubtful we'll ever see honesty and integrity dominate the political landscape.  There's too much money being waved in the faces of politicians today.

We'll go back to venal sins by the truckload but maybe no more mortal sinning??

• Like 1

Why are the rats leaving the ship?  Because rats are right behind the cockroaches on the survivalist scale.  Of course, both trail viruses by millenia.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.47.00 AM.png

Like I said in 2016, the Republicans would have been vastly better served in the long run voting for Hillary. Can you image the ratings of Moscow Mitch investigating Hillary every other week? It would have been epic!

• Like 1

Bitch McConnell is squirming in his seat like a girl who just got her first menstrual period in math class.

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Why are the rats leaving the ship?  Because rats are right behind the cockroaches on the survivalist scale.  Of course, both trail viruses by millenia.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.47.00 AM.png

Trump did say catching COVID was like a miracle. 

6 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I end up listing to the local right-wing AM radio guys because that is our traffic and weather station here and also to keep myself appraised of what their talking points are. As of last night two of them were on together complaining loudly that the SENATE is the prize worth having, not the White House. They think Moscow Mitch and all the rest of them need to ditch Trump ASAP and save themselves.

I would agree with them BTW if I were a Republican strategist, a solid Republican Senate can do what they always do and block absolutely everything, but Trump with a solid Democratic Senate is screwed.

Trump has kind of shown things can continue along without a President.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I am hoping to see less blind screeching outrage over having a black woman Vice President in 2021 than we had over a black President in 2009.

A big chunk of these people just hate blacks, seeing black culture, and watching blacks be successful at anything other than sports. I would have thought we got past a lot of this but it came back with a bullet.

I hope you are right. But I think the best we can hope for is a return to closeted codeword racism from these people.

9 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Trump has kind of shown things can continue along without a President.

Agree as a point of snark.  But actually not with the criminal crew that Moscow Mitch and the Federalist Society has wormed into DOJ, Treasury, EPA, HHS, even the Post Fucking Office. 

When this all started, I wondered how he would govern, but he had no friends and knew nothing about anything managerial or governmental.  But all it took was a few clever people to fill his intellectual void with whispers of the current cast of venal swamp creatures.

1 minute ago, loneshark64 said:

A big chunk of these people just hate blacks, seeing black culture, and watching blacks be successful at anything other than sports. I would have thought we got past a lot of this but it came back with a bullet.

I hope you are right. But I think the best we can hope for is a return to closeted codeword racism from these people.

Donnie has laid the ground work for this and set US race relations back a decade or more, how he got away with questioning Obama and his birth place was the beginning of this downhill slide.

I do hope Mitch is seeing the writing on the wall and is enjoying his last few weeks in office before the pendulum swings so far left the Rs will be forced to reevaluate their entire direction because they will be in political no mans land for at least a couple of years.

The Partisan bullshit and winning at all costs has done sweet. fuck all for the good of the country or even allowed progress.

Remember too undoing all of the BS Donnie has wrought is going to take a long time.

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Short memory?

Not for big dramatic events when 3000 people die and a  enemy you can fight. Even an enemy that's not really "the" enemy. get those troops out, bomb those fuckers. 

But creeping death of 300,000 ++? with an enemy that's "just a flu" sure.:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

They particularly hate black people being more successful than them.

Not that it's hard to do.

image.png.90f2d4292ba12695264fc63eebf44550.png

• Like 1

Yes they are. The rats are leaving the SS Trumptanic. Witness Moscow Mitch:

I haven't actually been to the White House since August the 6th because my impression was their approach to how to handle this is different from mine and what I insisted that we do in the Senate, which is to wear a mask and practice social distancing.

My reaction:

If you knew this back in early August, Mitch, why didn't you say something publicly? Why would you work to keep yourself and the senators safe without caring one iota about the public? Go fuck yourself, Mitch.

14 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Bitch McConnell is squirming in his seat like a girl who just got her first menstrual period in math class.

HE MUST GO.  HE IS THE PUPPET MASTER..................

7 hours ago, Nice! said:

Yes they are. The rats are leaving the SS Trumptanic. Witness Moscow Mitch:

I haven't actually been to the White House since August the 6th because my impression was their approach to how to handle this is different from mine and what I insisted that we do in the Senate, which is to wear a mask and practice social distancing.

My reaction:

If you knew this back in early August, Mitch, why didn't you say something publicly? Why would you work to keep yourself and the senators safe without caring one iota about the public? Go fuck yourself, Mitch.

You see the footage of Mitch giggling in the debate when his opponent criticized the Covid19 reaction? Mitch don’t give a fuck about anyone but Mitch.

45 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You see the footage of Mitch giggling in the debate when his opponent criticized the Covid19 reaction? Mitch don’t give a fuck about anyone but Mitch.

Moscow Mitch is like most people in Washington, driven by money.  And, in politics, you make more money when you help the rich get richer.

5 hours ago, dacapo said:

HE MUST GO.  HE IS THE PUPPET MASTER..................

He and Barr are probably the two most dangerous people who have ever held power in America.

Trump is merely the monkey to their organ grinder.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

He and Barr are probably the two most dangerous people who have ever held power in America.

Trump is merely the monkey to their organ grinder.

Is Barr that smart???

5 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Is Barr that smart???

I believe the term is "cunning". Just like McConnell.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I believe the term is "cunning". Just like McConnell.

Cunning and amoral.  A powerful combination.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Moscow Mitch is like most people in Washington, driven by money.  And, in politics, you make more money when you help the rich get richer.

Meh, I hate that town, but politics are a business. Like almost any industry there are better and more ethical participants, and shittier less ethical ones. Mitch is the latter.

Such kindness is admirable. (I don't really buy it, but I can squint my eyes and hope for a better day.)

Mitch is pretty low on the food chain.

edit. Mitch has offered that the last time he was in the WH was in early August, cuz poor virus control.

Even the Christian rats are jumping ship

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/bipartisan-christian-group-forms-super-pac-to-oppose-trump-20201014-p564zm.html

Washington: A group of prominent Christians from both sides of the aisle, including a past faith adviser to former president Barack Obama, is forming a political action committee designed to chip away at Christian support for President Donald Trump in the final weeks of the 2020 campaign.

The new super PAC, dubbed Not Our Faith, plans to roll out six-figure TV and digital ads focused on Christian voters, particularly the evangelical and Catholic voters who helped power Trump to victory in 2016.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Even the Christian rats are jumping ship

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/bipartisan-christian-group-forms-super-pac-to-oppose-trump-20201014-p564zm.html

Washington: A group of prominent Christians from both sides of the aisle, including a past faith adviser to former president Barack Obama, is forming a political action committee designed to chip away at Christian support for President Donald Trump in the final weeks of the 2020 campaign.

The new super PAC, dubbed Not Our Faith, plans to roll out six-figure TV and digital ads focused on Christian voters, particularly the evangelical and Catholic voters who helped power Trump to victory in 2016.

Now that the Christians have a clear path to outlaw abortion, birth control and prevent cervical cancer vaccine they are free to chose candidates by church attendance and tithing,   The Republicans’ success will reshape politics in ways they failed to predict.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/politics/chris-christie-covid-19-statement/index.html

I put this in another thread about Covid perhaps Chris Christie had a meeting with God while laying in the ICU unit

and our good friend Ben Sasse  from Nebraska

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/politics/ben-sasse-trump-criticism/index.html

18 minutes ago, dacapo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/politics/chris-christie-covid-19-statement/index.html

I put this in another thread about Covid perhaps Chris Christie had a meeting with God while laying in the ICU unit

and our good friend Ben Sasse  from Nebraska

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/politics/ben-sasse-trump-criticism/index.html

It's worth noting that Sasse does not face any real competition in this election.  I'd like to see someone in a battle utter the same words.  The R's know if the Dems take the Senate, they are going to get fucked over.  McConnell will be forced to blow Graham on C-Span, shit like that.  

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

It's worth noting that Sasse does not face any real competition in this election.  I'd like to see someone in a battle utter the same words.  The R's know if the Dems take the Senate, they are going to get fucked over.  McConnell will be forced to blow Graham on C-Span, shit like that.  

I figure they'll make them do 69.

Anyone have any thoughts on Biden stacking the SC?  He's a one-term President, Harris plays dumb and says she didn't agree with the move but sure would be happy to win the presidency in 2024 with a SC majority.  What?  He lied?  Exile him to the Republican Party after he's out of office.  

No question in my mind.  

5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Biden stacking the SC?  He's a one-term President, Harris plays dumb and says she didn't agree with the move but sure would be happy to win the presidency in 2024 with a SC majority.  What?  He lied?  Exile him to the Republican Party after he's out of office.  

No question in my mind.  

I think it's a given, partly because it would be a magnificent "fuck you" to Mitch McConnell.

Only matters if they win the senate

50 minutes ago, dacapo said:

A day late and a dollar short.

If there was a God, that fucking treasonous whale should have croaked.

31 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I want to see him make Bitch McConnell squeal like a pig - seems appropriate.

52 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

NTTIAWWT

47 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

No question in my mind.  

If the Rs don't want that to happen, they need to slow-walk the Talking Law Doll until after the election and only vote the Church Lady in if they won.

2 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

If the Rs don't want that to happen, they need to slow-walk the Talking Law Doll until after the election and only vote the Church Lady in if they won.

I think you are giving way too much credit, but I hope you're right and I think it is the right thing to do.  Otherwise, as Jill would say, RAM IT THROUGH JOE!

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I think you are giving way too much credit, but I hope you're right and I think it is the right thing to do.  Otherwise, as Jill would say, RAM IT THROUGH JOE!

Push it   Push it REAL GOOD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

DEVO came up earlier today on another thread, outstanding!

11 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:
11 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

DEVO came up earlier today on another thread, outstanding!

You're thinking of "Whip It".

KIS had a different act in mind - 

Redo that video - same lyrics - but have a Michelle Obama look-alike with a strap on and a Mitch McConnell clone and you'll have the #1 hit on YouTube :D

17 hours ago, dacapo said:

Tell us how you really feel, Ben...

"The way he kisses dictator's butts..... it isn't that he fails to lead our allies, the United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership. The way he treats women, the way he spends like a drunken sailor... his family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity... At the beginning of the COVID crisis he refused to treat it seriously for months, he treated it like a news-cycle-by-news-cycle PR crisis rather than a multi-year public health challenge, which is what it is.... He was the one who said 10-14 days of shutdown would fix this and he was wrong... Donald Trump didn't win the presidency because America wants more reality TV round-the-clock stupid political obsessions... they don't really want more rage-tweeting as a new form of entertainment, I think the overwhelming reason that President Trump won in 2016 was simply because Hillary Clinton was literally the most unpopular candidate in the history of polling.... that's why President Trump won, not because he laid out a constructive vision of the country that American's rallied around."

He goes to say how bad it will be that Trump turns so many people away from Republicans that he is afraid that the progressives will be given too strong a mandate in the next election, including the likelihood of a supermajority.

Well DUHHH, Ben. You didn't vote to impeach the guy when you should have. Neither did the rest of your Republican jackass colleagues - Mittens excepted. You *should* be punished at the polls for that. 

Rats. Trumptanic. Sinking.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I think Sasse's phone call was the first overt campaign move for 2024. It will all start in earnest about Nov. 8.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nice! said:

I think the overwhelming reason that President Trump won in 2016 was simply because Hillary Clinton was literally the most unpopular candidate in the history of polling.... that's why President Trump won, not because he laid out a constructive vision of the country that American's rallied around."

Well, duh. Hillary Clinton was the dead rat candidate regardless of her personal merits. I said that at the time so it's not revisionist thinking.

I'd still have taken her over Trump in a heartbeat though. Even back then you'd have to be an idiot to not predict what Trump would be like and what a shit President he'd be. And then covid-19 came along and just when even competent leadership was needed, there was Trump, tweeting away and living in his bubble of denial. On the basis of pure poetic justice I'm quite disappointed that he didn't get a really bad dose and spend lots of quality time on a ventilator.

FKT

14 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I think Sasse's phone call was the first overt campaign move for 2024. It will all start in earnest about Nov. 8.

Sasse is like the rest of them though - a total pussy when it mattered. You can't be half a Nazi and you can't be a little bit pregnant :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:
26 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Sasse is like the rest of them though - a total pussy when it mattered. You can't be half a Nazi and you can't be a little bit pregnant

Bingo

If you don't have balls when it matters, you don't have balls.

- DSK

I don't disagree with any of the comments about Sasse. Just pointing out that the next four years will be a battle for the future soul of the GOP. It will be fascinating in a car crash kind of way.

2 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I don't disagree with any of the comments about Sasse. Just pointing out that the next four years will be a battle for the future soul of the GOP. It will be fascinating in a car crash kind of way.

My guess? The GOP will again split. On one end the loonies: Tea Party...QAnon...Uneducated. On the other end the swampy types: Graham...McConnell...etc. Trump was holding the factions together. The loonies loved his lies and hate. The swampy types learned to love sucking up, sell their soul, to get a their agenda implemented. Was split up before Trump. It will fracture again. Witness the GOP Never-Trumpers like Lincoln Project, Trump's sister, etc., that are willing to cozy up to Biden.

The left will be outraged when Biden changes nothing of substance from the Trump years. The only sop to the left will be dropping the challenges to the ACA.

54 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well, duh. Hillary Clinton was the dead rat candidate regardless of her personal merits. I said that at the time so it's not revisionist thinking.

I'd still have taken her over Trump in a heartbeat though. Even back then you'd have to be an idiot to not predict what Trump would be like and what a shit President he'd be. And then covid-19 came along and just when even competent leadership was needed, there was Trump, tweeting away and living in his bubble of denial. On the basis of pure poetic justice I'm quite disappointed that he didn't get a really bad dose and spend lots of quality time on a ventilator.

FKT

Yeah I voted for her, I didn't like her though. I didn't think she would be great, never trusted her judgement. But I thought she would at least hire a smart cabinet and put competent people in place throughout the government. And Trump was what he turned out to be. 

39 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Tge Repubs will remain soulless

12 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Yeah I voted for her, I didn't like her though. I didn't think she would be great, never trusted her judgement. But I thought she would at least hire a smart cabinet and put competent people in place throughout the government. And Trump was what he turned out to be. 

I don't think hardly anybody was enthusiastic about Hillary. A lot of the antipathy is due to the gazillion-dollar hate-spew campaign waged against her; the Republicans and their backers spent more money over the prior 15 years on media to spread insults and accusations against her than Pepsi, Coke, and Budweiser, all together, spent to get you to drink their products. And advertising works!

The problem President Hillary was going to have, unless she carried a BIG blue wave (which I thought was unlikely), she was going to get every kind of shit imaginable thrown at her by the Republicans. A Republican majority in Congress would have come up with some pretext to impeach her. Oddly enough, it might have kept the Repubican Party from going full-bore Russian traitors like they have now.

I knew a little about Trump from his business career, read 'The Art Of The Deal' when came out.... a bible for bullshitters.... and knew he would be a toxic liar but I am surprised at how stupid a man he is.

- DSK

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

I don't think hardly anybody was enthusiastic about Hillary. A lot of the antipathy is due to the gazillion-dollar hate-spew campaign waged against her; the Republicans and their backers spent more money over the prior 15 years on media to spread insults and accusations against her than Pepsi, Coke, and Budweiser, all together, spent to get you to drink their products. And advertising works!

The problem President Hillary was going to have, unless she carried a BIG blue wave (which I thought was unlikely), she was going to get every kind of shit imaginable thrown at her by the Republicans. A Republican majority in Congress would have come up with some pretext to impeach her. Oddly enough, it might have kept the Repubican Party from going full-bore Russian traitors like they have now.

I knew a little about Trump from his business career, read 'The Art Of The Deal' when came out.... a bible for bullshitters.... and knew he would be a toxic liar but I am surprised at how stupid a man he is.

- DSK

AFAIK the Republicans were going to start impeachment hearings in January 2016. There was no maybe about it.

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

AFAIK the Republicans were going to start impeachment hearings in January 2016. There was no maybe about it.

And Barr still hasn't LOCKED HER UP!!

What's up with that?!?!

- DSK

38 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

My guess? The GOP will again split. On one end the loonies: Tea Party...QAnon...Uneducated. On the other end the swampy types: Graham...McConnell...etc. Trump was holding the factions together. The loonies loved his lies and hate. The swampy types learned to love sucking up, sell their soul, to get a their agenda implemented. Was split up before Trump. It will fracture again. Witness the GOP Never-Trumpers like Lincoln Project, Trump's sister, etc., that are willing to cozy up to Biden.

The left will be outraged when Biden changes nothing of substance from the Trump years. The only sop to the left will be dropping the challenges to the ACA.

The Republicans don't need to split, they need to vanish. Having them around is like Germany having the Nazis stand for election in 1948. There is no reforming that lot of traitorous grifters and mendacious perverts.

What would make more sense would be for the Democrats to split. Joe Biden leads the move to right, the Old Democrats become publicly what they have always been behind the scenes - center right - and the more leftish wing splits off into the Progressive Democrats or  whatever they want to call themselves and Republicans can run for best prison bitch of cell block C.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

The Republicans don't need to split, they need to vanish. Having them around is like Germany having the Nazis stand for election in 1948. There is no reforming that lot of traitorous grifters and mendacious perverts.

What would make more sense would be for the Democrats to split. Joe Biden leads the move to right, the Old Democrats become publicly what they have always been behind the scenes - center right - and the more leftish wing splits off into the Progressive Democrats or  whatever they want to call themselves and Republicans can run for best prison bitch of cell block C.

Inspired and wise rant

+1000

• Like 1

The Rs finally realise they are attached to a train destined for a wreck.

Funny watching the idiots manoeuvre to save their political asses, do hope the voters remember the win at any cost Rs supporting the Orange turd are complicit to the mess the country is in.

As mentioned above by Kent they deserve to vanish.

The R party require a time out and a reevaluation of all that they stand for.

SAD.

17 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Won’t make any difference as long as the Republican base of stupid chuds is around. They are going full QANON

And fake news just had some seriously damaging quotes from Kelly that is to be a special tomorrow evening....along the lines of "the depth of dishonesty" and "most flawed person he has ever known".  Hopefully it will help swing a few that hold a Marine general in high regard.

27 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

All true.  The anti-Hillary hatred actually has its roots in the Nixon impeachment.  Nobody can play the long game like a republican senator with their eyes on K-Street money.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

The Rs finally realise they are attached to a train destined for a wreck.

Funny watching the idiots manoeuvre to save their political asses, do hope the voters remember the win at any cost Rs supporting the Orange turd are complicit to the mess the country is in.

As mentioned above by Kent they deserve to vanish.

The R party require a time out and a reevaluation of all that they stand for.

SAD.

Well. look at what happened in 2008... a failed war, and economic disaster... the country was desperate enough to elect a BLACK GUY!

To be honest, I did not expect to see a black President of the USA in my life time. I am not the world's biggest Obama fan but he has the patience of a saint and I think he did a pretty good job, most of the time. I disagree with some stuff like his drone wars.

But there was peckerwood backlash that was equally unbelievable. Some of the hatred directed at Obama is racist, some is due to -any- Democrat, and some is due to age... he is the first President younger than I am. And some people are just programmed to vote Repub no matter what.

After truly fucking up the country as badly as it had ever been fucked up before, just short of being conquered by an invading power, the Repubs took back a majority IN THE VERY NEXT ELECTION

Voters have very short memories. About 40% of them have no grasp of reality in the first place, so they effectively have zero memory

- DSK

• Like 1

The New York Times

Fearing a ‘Blood Bath,’ Republican Senators Begin to Edge Away From Trump

5 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

The New York Times

Fearing a ‘Blood Bath,’ Republican Senators Begin to Edge Away From Trump

The rat's only seek to spend more times with their families. 

• Like 1

Sniveling pukes.

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Sniveling pukes.

And that is their good points

- DSK

On 10/15/2020 at 7:55 PM, Cal20sailor said:

The R's know if the Dems take the Senate, they are going to get fucked over.

History says that is not likely to happen.

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

Sadly I agree. The Democrats will give them nasty looks and take the best seats in the cafeteria for a few weeks and then go back to figuring out how to do nothing until the Republicans redistrict themselves into winning with maybe 25% of the vote or just get rid of elections entirely.

We are going to have a rampant deadly plague, a loser in office who has no intention of leaving or perhaps doing the most damage possible before running away and armed angry mobs convinced the election was stolen by the pizza basement people.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am sure that there are a significant number of Republicans who will not vote Trump, but will vote Republican for Congress.

That way Biden is hamstrung and gives them 4 more years to rig the system properly.....and complain about how useless Biden was....