RobbieB

CORA votes in burgee change. CRW 2021 Open for business.

Not sure what the deal is on the primary sponsor but old burgee is a gonner.

financial interest beats racism this time

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

financial interest beats racism this time

I'm sure there is some of that, it's really hard to tell and I like to think it's more involved than just racist individuals.  I feel like for many it's just the, "Who are they to tell us what to do!?!" or "Don't tread on me!" mentality.  So, they proceed forward with a blind eye and mind to the events and realities of the world.   Without a care or concern for diversity or how something as "trivial" as a club burgee could possibly offend anyone.  

is there a story? what does the new burgee look like?

28 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

I feel like for many it's just the, "Who are they to tell us what to do!?!" or "Don't tread on me!" mentality.  .  

That's just cover for what they are really saying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Editor said:

is there a story? what does the new burgee look like?

I'm sure there's a story.  Nothing printed yet including new burgee design.  I expect something to be sent out soon.  Think the vote happened a couple of days ago.

9 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

That's just cover for what they are really saying.

That's pretty judgemental and likely fails to appreciate the actual feelings and thoughts of many the members.  To accuse anyone in the south, with any remnant of their history to be racist is patently unfair and inaccurate.  I agree its time for a more sophisticated understanding of how those symbols make other American's feel, and its long been time for a change, but I fear you paint the membership of the club with too broad a brush...

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Crash said:

That's pretty judgemental and likely fails to appreciate the actual feelings and thoughts of many the members.  To accuse anyone in the south, with any remnant of their history to be racist is patently unfair and inaccurate.  I agree its time for a more sophisticated understanding of how those symbols make other American's feel, and its long been time for a change, but I fear you paint the membership of the club with too broad a brush...

I lived there. Fucking town is lousy with racist assholes. No, not all of them. Maybe not even most. But you sure don't hear pushback from anyone when people drop n-bombs like they're nickels in the slot machine.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I lived there. Fucking town is lousy with racist assholes. No, not all of them. Maybe not even most. But you sure don't hear pushback from anyone when people drop n-bombs like they're nickels in the slot machine.

Yes, I agree with you there.  Far to many of us choose to pretend we don’t hear or see people acting rude or hateful fearing a confrontation.  If we as a society won’t say “that was thoughtless,  or rude, or hateful, etc.” then the speaker only gets emboldened...or tells him/herself that everyone must feel the same way as they said nothing.  

All that said, we will make no progress if we turn around and call them “racist assholes” or similar...we will change no minds or behaviors by personally attacking them.

To quote the play Hamilton “Hate the sin, live the sinner...”

• Like 2

That is an old article I am pretty sure.

40 minutes ago, AnotherSailor said:

They have gone really overboard. Here is the design for the new burgee:

image.png.6bfb53cfcc392662e95e3202124802a4.png

Needs a palmetto on it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RobbieB said:

Can't find a burgee on the website.   https://charlestonoceanracing.com/  It's a great website BTW with awesome pics from our local photographer Pricilla Parker.

image.jpeg.b0e384f4422cf488f39be3ad3cc28230.jpeg

41 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

That's the old one now gone from the site.  Interested to see the new one.

18 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Maybe your White Skinhead attracted them?? :)

lol we were kind of in and out in less than 3 years.  #1 reason: bugs.  #2 reason: racists and jesus freaks fucking everywhere.  As a bonus, several prominent antisemites at at least two YCs. 

Thisse holle threades a crocke, annyoune claimeng 'victorrey', or 'rightiouse change' loves the smelle of freashe bullshitte, prolley the taste to.                 :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

' loves the smelle of freashe bullshitte,                  :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thisse holle threades a crocke, annyoune claimeng 'victorrey', or 'rightiouse change' loves the smelle of freashe bullshitte, prolley the taste to.                 :)

old guard votes to keep stars and bars

outrage ensues

title sponsor takes their ball and goes home

old guard votes to change their stars and bars

may not be a victory, but it is a defeat for some at least

• Like 1

This the same club that don’t allow women as members?

2 hours ago, Wess said:

This the same club that don’t allow women as members?

Surprisingly no.  CORA, (and Charleston Yacht Club for that matter) is hands down the most progressive of ALL clubs in the area.  They have women members, women board members, leaders.  All you have to do to join is go to a monthly dinner and write a $50 check for an annual "Crew" membership.  No application, no blackballing.  I thought the burgee switch would go through like shit through a goose, but the old farts, (apparently) got wind of it and showed up to vote.  Anyway, one small step for man....

16 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

lol we were kind of in and out in less than 3 years.  #1 reason: bugs.  #2 reason: racists and jesus freaks fucking everywhere.  As a bonus, several prominent antisemites at at least two YCs. 

C'mon Clean.  Everyone can use just a little Jesus, (some people think Christianity gives them the right to judge when it's just the opposite...so that ain't right or Christian, but the world is full of hypocrites!). As for the bugs HTFU man!

47 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

Surprisingly no.  CORA, (and Charleston Yacht Club for that matter) is hands down the most progressive of ALL clubs in the area.  They have women members, women board members, leaders.  All you have to do to join is go to a monthly dinner and write a $50 check for an annual "Crew" membership.  No application, no blackballing.  I thought the burgee switch would go through like shit through a goose, but the old farts, (apparently) got wind of it and showed up to vote.  Anyway, one small step for man....

Ah thanks. Suspect your earlier reasoning is spot on then. 

Let's face it - South Carolina just sucks. Along with what's been noted:

It's the worst, most boring stretch of I-95 to drive through, capped by South of the Border to the north.

Charleston takes forever to get to if you are driving from the north.

What mountains and coastline it has are less attractive than its neighbors.

It's got Lindsay Graham.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:11 PM, Crash said:

Yes, I agree with you there.  Far to many of us choose to pretend we don’t hear or see people acting rude or hateful fearing a confrontation.  If we as a society won’t say “that was thoughtless,  or rude, or hateful, etc.” then the speaker only gets emboldened...or tells him/herself that everyone must feel the same way as they said nothing.  

All that said, we will make no progress if we turn around and call them “racist assholes” or similar...we will change no minds or behaviors by personally attacking them.

To quote the play Hamilton “Hate the sin, live the sinner...”

Interesting approach that will ultimately get you nowhere. If you hate the sin but love the sinner, the sin will never go away. Love the sinner  by helping them to change.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

I have family in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Wilmington NC.  I will second your statement. If you're looking to migrate south to get out of the snow, be careful what you wish for

27 minutes ago, RATM said:

I have family in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Wilmington NC.  I will second your statement. If you're looking to migrate south to get out of the snow, be careful what you wish for

40 years ago that was true, but I'm not sure Boston or Chicago or Pittsburgh or Cleveland can claim any high ground over Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, or Wilmington today. There is a large and diverse, progressive set of young people doing good things in those cities these days.  

1 hour ago, Israel Hands said:

It's the worst, most boring stretch of I-95 to drive through, capped by South of the Border to the north. I've spent a ton of time on 95 through multiple states and you are spot on.

Charleston takes forever to get to if you are driving from the north. I-26 is no fun and one small hiccup you're screwed

What mountains and coastline it has are less attractive than its neighbors. -Have to disagree about the coast line, (agree on the mountains).  It's about access.  SC has some of the most fertile waters on the east coast = tons of sea life to sea and the chain of barrier islands are unbeatable IF you can get to them and IF you know someone who has a cabin on one..

It's got Lindsay Graham. Yeah- fuck that guy.  We just might get rid of him this year.  Stay tuned!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

40 years ago that was true, but I'm not sure Boston or Chicago or Pittsburgh or Cleveland can claim any high ground over Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Charlotte, or Wilmington today. There is a large and diverse, progressive set of young people doing good things in those cities these days.  

Born in Wilmington- many family generations lived there.  This place and Wrightsville Beach, (ocean racing) holds a huge place in my heart.  Grew up in Charlotte and experienced it's transformation from an "almost" town from the late 70's to a true city with multiple pro-ball teams by the mid-90's.  It's a great city.

9 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

It's about access.  SC has some of the most fertile waters on the east coast = tons of sea life to sea and the chain of barrier islands are unbeatable IF you can get to them

I believe you on that - much of the eastern NC coast is that way. Tom Cunliffe in one of his books mentioned experiencing the primitive nature of the Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds by boat. He said he tried to go back later by car but could never find the same beautiful places.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:15 AM, jerseyguy said:

Looks good to me

19 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

So just like everywhere else then. You are a bitter person... Really feel sorry for you to go through life this way. 

5 hours ago, RobbieB said:

C'mon Clean.  Everyone can use just a little Jesus, (some people think Christianity gives them the right to judge when it's just the opposite...so that ain't right or Christian, but the world is full of hypocrites!). As for the bugs HTFU man!

I love bugs, but the wife doesn't.  The trip to the ER for epinephrine after she went anaphylactic from fire ants was the last straw.  I was broadcasting live from the beach at the Great Texas 300 when I got the call that she was in the hospital for breathing problems.  Fun.

As for Jesus (or any sky fairy), Ima pass.

4 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

It's the worst, most boring stretch of I-95 to drive through, capped by South of the Border to the north.

It's got Lindsay Graham.

And soon Boeing is moving it's Seattle, WA plant to SC.

2 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

So just like everywhere else then. 

I've lived in a dozen states and 3 countries for long enough to learn the culture. There are three places that stood out as significantly more racist than anywhere else.

1) South Carolina vs. black people;

2) Tel Aviv vs. arabs in the late 80s and 

3) Marseilles vs. arabs in the 90s

A disturbing percentage of the people I met were comfortable with some level of animalizing their chosen target.  To be fair to the Marseillaise and Tel Avivim, both groups saw lots of pain and suffering caused by arabs when I noted their heightened hatred for the people.  I wonder what South Carolina's excuse is.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

6 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I've lived in a dozen states and 3 countries for long enough to learn the culture. There are three places that stood out as significantly more racist than anywhere else.

1) South Carolina vs. black people;

2) Tel Aviv vs. arabs in the late 80s and 

3) Marseilles vs. arabs in the 90s

A disturbing percentage of the people I met were comfortable with some level of animalizing their chosen target.  To be fair to the Marseillaise and Tel Avivim, both groups saw lots of pain and suffering caused by arabs when I noted their heightened hatred for the people.  I wonder what South Carolina's excuse is.

Next thing we're gonna hear  is Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ is racist against Jews and Blacks and Yankees!

Maurice's Piggie Park

12 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Best onion rings and bbq  in the world. but.....

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/food-drink/article119660858.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Bessinger

I believe Sail4Beer gets Grubhub delivery every Monday night to NJ 

Okay let's be honest. I'll say it out loud right here in eastern NC - Texas beef BBQ and Memphis pork ribs beat the shit out of any style eastern pork BBQ.

6 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Okay let's be honest. I'll say it out loud right here in eastern NC - Texas beef BBQ and Memphis pork ribs beat the shit out of any style eastern pork BBQ.

yeah... but not the onion rings!

5 hours ago, RATM said:

Interesting approach that will ultimately get you nowhere. If you hate the sin but love the sinner, the sin will never go away. Love the sinner  by helping them to change.

Dude, that’s the point of the saying.  Help them change.  No hate them and call them names.  If you hate them and call them names, you’re acting the same way they do..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crash said:

If you hate them and call them names, you’re acting the same way they do..

Not really.  I agree it is not a productive way to change someone's mind, but calling a racist asshole a racist asshole is not the same as calling a black person a denigratory term.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

Next thing we're gonna hear  is Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ is racist against Jews and Blacks and Yankees!

Maurice's Piggie Park

Maurice died a few years back.  I think the "family" didn't agree with many of his philosophies.  As soon as he was gone the massive billboard that was covered in biblical verses at their main location in Columbia was gone.  .  

17 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I love bugs, but the wife doesn't.  The trip to the ER for epinephrine after she went anaphylactic from fire ants was the last straw.  I was broadcasting live from the beach at the Great Texas 300 when I got the call that she was in the hospital for breathing problems.  Fun.

As for Jesus (or any sky fairy), Ima pass.

Oh- The fire ants do suck and cover much of the SE now.  At least SC does not have a monopoly on those.

22 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

It's got Lindsay Graham.

This from someone who lives in NC. Seems to be jealousy operating. 

19 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:
22 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

It's got Lindsay Graham.

This from someone who lives in NC. Seems to be jealousy operating. 

Theire dose seeme to be moire hearre then meetes the eiye.                                  :)

47 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Theire dose seeme to be moire hearre then meetes the eiye.                                  :)

Well, I am trying to recall any regatta's or races of prominence in NC, and so far am not able to do so. Its sort of sail-by country, where you leave the Chesapeake and next Stop is Charleston. Pamlico and Abermarle are rather thin, Cape Fear and Hatteras are rather nasty in storms, and what's left ? 

As for slagging the drive, I-95 is nobody's idea of a scenic route. We went North to Maine on it last week, and in NJ, to avoid the GW, took the Palisades up to Tappan Zee, coming south went 84 out to 81 and drove the Susquehanna and Shenandoah Valleys through PA/MD/WV and into Front Royal and eventually back to 95 to get through NC as fast a possible. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

Well, I am trying to recall any regatta's or races of prominence in NC, and so far am not able to do so. Its sort of sail-by country, where you leave the Chesapeake and next Stop is Charleston. Pamlico and Abermarle are rather thin, Cape Fear and Hatteras are rather nasty in storms, and what's left ? 

As for slagging the drive, I-95 is nobody's idea of a scenic route. We went North to Maine on it last week, and in NJ, to avoid the GW, took the Palisades up to Tappan Zee, coming south went 84 out to 81 and drove the Susquehanna and Shenandoah Valleys through PA/MD/WV and into Front Royal and eventually back to 95 to get through NC as fast a possible. 

Ha!  I would concede you some points, sir, but you having chosen to live in Myrtle Beach - a messy boulevard of a place where resort strip gets crossed up with golf club gaudiness. :lol:

Edit: OK, that was harsh - and I'll admit my intent was just to stir the pot about SC.  But I stand by my opinion on I-95. Let's include the section from the Fayetteville, NC area to the Georgia line. No scenery, no decent food stops, and oftentimes there are troopers giving tickets. 

23 hours ago, RobbieB said:

Born in Wilmington- many family generations lived there.  This place and Wrightsville Beach, (ocean racing) holds a huge place in my heart.  Grew up in Charlotte and experienced it's transformation from an "almost" town from the late 70's to a true city with multiple pro-ball teams by the mid-90's.  It's a great city.

Before moving to Charlotte we lived day trip distance from DC with the Smithsonian and all the infrastructure that goes along with a national capital. At a goodbye party, my wife (BFA studio) mentioned her concern about the lack of cultural infrastructure and events in Charlotte. She was immediately surrounded by a bunch of Charlotteans. My spouse was instructed in the depth of Charlotte cultural resources, a list that began with professional sports teams and ended with NASCAR...

We barely lasted two years. I can’t remember which was the final straw, finding out we where the only house in the neighbourhood with toddlers and no loaded side arm, our multiracial nanny being told her "type" were not welcome, the Halloween party featuring black face or the complaints about how the public transit extension would allow n*****s into our neighbourhood to rob us.

1 hour ago, KC375 said:

We barely lasted two years. I can’t remember which was the final straw, finding out we where the only house in the neighbourhood with toddlers and no loaded side arm, our multiracial nanny being told her "type" were not welcome, the Halloween party featuring black face or the complaints about how the public transit extension would allow n*****s into our neighbourhood to rob us.

That's insane.  What area of town were you in?  

10 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

Thast is crazey!  Sondes licke Biggettes Cornere.                                                       

On 10/21/2020 at 10:48 AM, RobbieB said:

Many happy summer vacations on Wrightsville starting in the 1974. I remember going to Newell's and being amazed with the wide variety of clothes and beach gear that featured the Stars and Bars. Mom and Dad would not let us buy any of it. Wings stopped stocking that stuff years ago. If you stray off Rt.77 or 40, you can still find that stuff being sold.

2 hours ago, KC375 said:

Before moving to Charlotte we lived day trip distance from DC with the Smithsonian and all the infrastructure that goes along with a national capital. At a goodbye party, my wife (BFA studio) mentioned her concern about the lack of cultural infrastructure and events in Charlotte. She was immediately surrounded by a bunch of Charlotteans. My spouse was instructed in the depth of Charlotte cultural resources, a list that began with professional sports teams and ended with NASCAR...

We barely lasted two years. I can’t remember which was the final straw, finding out we where the only house in the neighbourhood with toddlers and no loaded side arm, our multiracial nanny being told her "type" were not welcome, the Halloween party featuring black face or the complaints about how the public transit extension would allow n*****s into our neighborhood to rob us.

And if you lived in So Central LA or some other areas like it, how long would you, your wife and kids last?

Just saying, People are shit and many love to hate regardless of race or creed. You got to get out of the Big City life where lines are drawn. 

We moved a lot being in the military and we always moved in to an area surrounded by multi race neighborhoods. It was great growing up not living on the military bases.

Owning a sidearm is not a bad thing. All my brothers own but I do not. I do like to shoot targets though. it is a test to hit that little round circle.

************ Park, towards the border with Foxcroft.

9 minutes ago, KC375 said:

That's just a shame....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KC375 said:

Funny how the owner of a boat called numbers keeps coming back to haunt us

• Like 1

My bad neighbor experiences were mostly in Mt. P. 

My hippie stoner friends on J.I. were much more accepting but we didn't get out as much when we lived there.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

My bad neighbor experiences were mostly in Mt. P. 

My hippie stoner friends on J.I. were much more accepting but we didn't get out as much when we lived there.

Interesting.  We live on J.I. in the neighborhood behind the piggly wiggly, (now Harris Teeter) that you pass when headed toward JIYC in a cool old 70's home.  Mt P. has never had any appeal to us.  JI definitely has a more laid back vibe.  I've lived a ton of places in my life and as a result I've learned to make places what I need them to be for me.  SC is SC, but I love the coastal life and the little oasis we've carved out here for ourselves between our core group of friends, home, family and time on the water. 

• Like 1

James Island

Huge disappointment.... The return address on my Xmas cards will say Charleston!    I wanted James Island!! 

How can I one up my Yankee friends without “Island” in my address? 

36 minutes ago, Kent H said:

James Island

Huge disappointment.... The return address on my Xmas cards will say Charleston!    I wanted James Island!! 

By sending them a picture of your garden in December. So they can admire the blooms while they shovel snow.

When I lived in Virginia and North Carolina I used to place recruiting calls to prospective hires in Northern US and Canada from poolside. That was particularly effective in late March or Mid October when the challenge of looking for sunscreen contrasted with finding a snow shovel or a leaf blower.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KC375 said:

By sending them a picture of your garden in December. So they can admire the blooms while they shovel snow.

When I lived in Virginia and North Carolina I used to place recruiting calls to prospective hires in Northern US and Canada from poolside. That was particularly effective in late March or Mid October when the challenge of looking for sunscreen contrasted with finding a snow shovel or a leaf blower.

I came very close to moving to Florida because when I went down there for a recruiting visit in February my hosts put me up in an oceanfront hotel and there were boats out sailing.  My boat was back home, covered, under a foot of snow.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

None of that in Detroit I'm certain....snicker snicker

17 hours ago, Kent H said:

James Island

That's true.  I'd love for it to say JI as well!  Oh well.....

17 hours ago, KC375 said:

Darn !

I was planning to buy an Ericson 35 II and win 2021 Charleston Race Week PHRF B!!   Now I will have to grow some pretty flowers real quick!     My campaign has suffered a huge setback. I will not be deterred.....2022 will be my year of triumph!!!!

FF98BC2C-5E8A-43F0-BFBA-4404C46082AC.jpeg

The Burgee ..... old news now.   I am happy that a 2/3rds vote happened.   My take is that this sort of distraction and liability is foolish for any organization.  In the case of CORA there are very real threats of decreased participation due to the popularity of powerboats driving up the costs of storage, dockage etc.    

My situation is that one of my parents lived here and then moved north due to a job.  I have been coming here since I was a child.  Lots of changes and usually those changes result in a better situation for all.  I think the Charleston area is great and getting better.  Just like any good investment there are down days and we just have to look past those as good news is just around the corner. 

As for good news:

Lots to do even with Covid.  Just driving to Lowes (YES THERE IS A LOWES ON JAMES ISLAND) last night took me over an inlet with several fishing boats anchored.  Priceless view... 

Great properties available at all prices.   LOTS of opportunities on the commercial side post covid for investment or running of businesses.   For semi retirement this place is the best. 

Sailing or IMHO (Grand Banks 36'n) - This area is sooo much better than the west coast, not so Great Lakes or other locals.  Tremendous number of destinations both north and south.  If you or a family member needs to get out of wherever you are I strongly suggest a Hotel or rental with a view.   Charleston is a great place to get work done on a laptop with a BIG battery.   A big floppy hat, beach chair, bagged lunch and $5 gets you all day at Folly Beach park watching the waves just roll in.   

Rooms are rather cheap and you need this!   

14 hours ago, JimBowie said:

None of that in Detroit I'm certain....snicker snicker

When Clean lived there Charleston was the best thing since sliced bread........now that he doesn't not so much. At the time North Charleston was one of the most dangerous cities in the country for violent crime. My nephew almost got attacked while riding a bike from COC after visiting a girl he knew from up north(while we were racing there)

I agree with his comments on southern racism though. People don't even think twice about using the N word or making dispariging comments. 

44 minutes ago, Squalamax said:

When Clean lived there Charleston was the best thing since sliced bread.......

No, when I moved there it was the greatest thing.  Took a while to figure out the real deal, turns out I was wrong. it happens.

It's still beautiful and a great place to be an outdoorsman.  Just has a southern problem.

13 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

No, when I moved there it was the greatest thing.  Took a while to figure out the real deal, turns out I was wrong. it happens.

It's still beautiful and a great place to be an outdoorsman.  Just has a southern problem.

Yeah, Alan's presence neither created nor abated a 400yo racial issue.  Hard to stop doing watcha been doing fer 4 centuries.  Nothing a healthy dose of young rich urbanites and college folk can fix over time.

11 minutes ago, JimBowie said:

Yeah, Alan's presence neither created nor abated a 400yo racial issue.  Hard to stop doing watcha been doing fer 4 centuries.  Nothing a healthy dose of young rich urbanites and college folk can fix over time.

I hope Mr. Clean will  remember. A Southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

3 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Wowe!  Crisco dose Ronnie!                                       :)

23 minutes ago, JimBowie said:

What's another hundred years or so

13 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Fortunately I don't have a thing for "A Southern Man" like you very obviously do, though the song is good. 

Good news for you: Lindsay looks like he is going to have some free time to hang out with you in your love cotttage!

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Wowe!  Crisco dose Ronnie!                                       :)

Johnny

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Fortunately I don't have a thing for "A Southern Man" like you very obviously do, though the song is good. 

Good news for you: Lindsay looks like he is going to have some free time to hang out with you in your love cotttage!

Lindie is single.  Never dated or married a woman to anyone's knowledge.  What the hell kinda kooky fella is he anyhow and have the rednecks of Sud Carolina given any thought to his nocturnal activies....Enquiring Minds Wanna Know....snicker snicker snicker

d87a878af72395f9ddd0b706d9e699e005222b3d.jpeg

1 hour ago, JimBowie said:

Lindie is single.  Never dated or married a woman to anyone's knowledge.  What the hell kinda kooky fella is he anyhow and have the rednecks of Sud Carolina given any thought to his nocturnal activies....Enquiring Minds Wanna Know....snicker snicker snicker

d87a878af72395f9ddd0b706d9e699e005222b3d.jpeg

That ain't no way to address a Lady-G

You yankees making broad-brush comments about the South :rolleyes:

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2F84%2Ff6773d0f5d87e71c87186d74f72e4f%2F4295FE_DA_080405flag.jpg

Sounds like jealousy for the most part. You want “woke” go live it, don’t mind the urban dysfunction that it spawns. 

• Like 1

Look ya all need to stop bustin on Mr. Clean.   He was here MANY years ago.   We are WOKE like a new days sunrise after a cup of Joe!

Just a few examples of the MAJOR changes on little ol James Island....   

- There is an African American family that lives in my little development. 

- Yesterday I saw two African Americans shopping at the James Island Walmart..... and they did not work there!!!

- CORA's new Burgee only has one Red Stripe and three white stars on a Blue background.  Big step forward I do believe. 

- The Electric Slide can be played at White Weddings now without fear of arrest... 

- Whites Only Bars have all been shut down - Now it was due to Covid 19 but still ........they been shut down....

Would you PLEASE stop dissin'  Senator Graham.  If and only IF he is gay that would make SC the ONLY State with an African American Senator and a Gay Senator.  HOW MUCH WOKE DO YOU WANT???  

The former Governor (Nikki Haley) and the future President of these United States in 2024 is the child of Indian Sikh immigrants.   ( She gettin Big $$ from me ) 

Them good ol boys must have gotten smart when Mr. Clean left.  They now look at a persons opinions vice their skin color...     

..... and I went fishing this morning at a pier and launch site.   FREE to all and it was populated with a nice mix of various races all smiling at a social distancing space of one fishing rod.....what did you do this mornin?