kent_island_sailor

Work at home - Wank at home - Try and keep it straight

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/19/jeffrey-toobin-zoom-call-new-yorker-suspended

New Yorker suspends Jeffrey Toobin for allegedly masturbating on Zoom call

Magazine says it is investigating matter

Toobin says ‘I thought I had muted the Zoom video’ in apology

Life used to be easy - work at the office, wank at home. Now we all have to do both in the same place, it gets confusing with Jessica on Cam1 and the boss on Cam2. Who among us hasn't told Jessica the projections for next quarter are off 2% from last year and told the boss to slowly insert the red butt-plug :lol:

• Like 1

having issues scrolling that page (have a vertical tool bar)

same story with comments that rival this asylum...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cnn-new-yorker-suspend-jeffrey-toobin-showing-his-dick-zoom-call

Wonder if he tries to get his job back by saying "Well, nowhere in Code of Conduct does it specifically say you cannot bop your baloney in a staff meeting"

Another arrogant lawyer who thinks he is above us all takes a giant fall.

Idiot...

I haven't done THAT, but one meeting was droning on so long I unmuted and put my cat up to the mic and grabbed her tail for some good sound effects.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Foreverslow said:

having issues scrolling that page (have a vertical tool bar)

same story with comments that rival this asylum...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cnn-new-yorker-suspend-jeffrey-toobin-showing-his-dick-zoom-call

Wonder if he tries to get his job back by saying "Well, nowhere in Code of Conduct does it specifically say you cannot bop your baloney in a staff meeting"

Another arrogant lawyer who thinks he is above us all takes a giant fall.

Idiot...

I wonder how many other "issues there have been on Zoom....  All cameras taped, Mics permanently muted unless actually talking.  Fuck this auto shit.  

• Like 2

We had one woman not realize it involved video and filed a grievance because she did all her meetings in pajamas and now feels embarrassed   :rolleyes:

I don't know ANY IT people that do not tape over cameras. They are way too easy to hack.

• Like 1

My camera (wherever it is at this point) is only plugged in when it's needed. I think the last time I used it was a couple of years ago.

44 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

We had one woman not realize it involved video and filed a grievance because she did all her meetings in pajamas and now feels embarrassed   :rolleyes:

I don't know ANY IT people that do not tape over cameras. They are way too easy to hack.

Yes I am IT...  :)  

And this guy’s hardly the first to get rung up.  Search for ‘Zoom wanker caught’ and all kinds of weirdos fall out of the web.  

Epic self-destruct.

During confinement we had a couple of very funny incidents like these...

Alfonso Merlos, Spanish journalist was live on TV (or some news channel on the internet, not sure)  from his house when a naked girl walked by just behind him.

image.jpeg.c1e51f0528c4f5771932096768f103e8.jpeg

His partner saw it on TV, the naked girl (also  a reporter) shouldn't have been there as everybody in Spain was confined at home... So big fuck up, but funny as hell. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shaggy said:

I wonder how many other "issues there have been on Zoom....  All cameras taped, Mics permanently muted unless actually talking.  Fuck this auto shit.  

I have had tape over the camera on my laptop for so long I had forgotten it, when the Doctors office wanted to have a Zoom Appointment.  I could see the nurse perfectly and here her, but we couldn't figure why she couldn't see me, until I realized and removed the tape! :D

36 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

During confinement we had a couple of very funny incidents like these...

Alfonso Merlos, Spanish journalist was live on TV (or some news channel on the internet, not sure)  from his house when a naked girl walked by just behind him.

image.jpeg.c1e51f0528c4f5771932096768f103e8.jpeg

His partner saw it on TV, the naked girl (also  a reporter) shouldn't have been there as everybody in Spain was confined at home... So big fuck up, but funny as hell. 

Working from home with new laptop: $1554.23 :)

Naked chick in background: free :D

Divorce settlement when said naked chick is not your wife: Half your shit :o

• Like 2

finally getting another camera after my son took his back for his grad school in a 10'x14' box (bedroom)

I only plug in when using. I like seeing other people, being alone in a room 7-8 hours a day 5 days in a row is inhuman. I have started going back into the office two days a week to keep me and my motorcycle properly exercised :)

I use a sliding webcam cover on my laptop.  I had several hundred printed with my startup company logo and gave them out like candy.  That was before COVID.  Several people have since contacted me to say thanks.  Funny old world.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFkEE1WDXjeZUkRkkaz-m0DoWtf7hm9g4uuEXgp22GsUAu5LVjZ3FBMNr2mdketEI1vIwFNPUxV-9LghFO-8sFBxRuPA2B4gP2tc21AdSDTrasnyZ6ackCigvW&usqp=CAE

The camera log in is nice...  the camera always on is not.

28 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

btw, if you wear a kilt you can't get caught with your pants down

Drafty though...  I prefer lederhosen...

15 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

New Yorker suspends Jeffrey Toobin for allegedly masturbating on Zoom call

You mean Toobin pulled a Weiner?

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 12:17 PM, Blue Crab said:

Good tape is key: I use the best 3m cellophane tape. 

Masking tape is 100% effective...

On 10/20/2020 at 12:33 PM, P_Wop said:

I use a sliding webcam cover on my laptop.  I had several hundred printed with my startup company logo and gave them out like candy.  That was before COVID.  Several people have since contacted me to say thanks.  Funny old world.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFkEE1WDXjeZUkRkkaz-m0DoWtf7hm9g4uuEXgp22GsUAu5LVjZ3FBMNr2mdketEI1vIwFNPUxV-9LghFO-8sFBxRuPA2B4gP2tc21AdSDTrasnyZ6ackCigvW&usqp=CAE

Never heard or even though such a device existed.  Found out there are a zillion different ones on Amazon and elsewhere.  Think I'll stick with the masking tape, no pun intended.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chinabald said:

For some reason this story makes me think of George Costanza. 

• Like 1

I had a small piece of electrical tape over the camera on my Mac for a while, but when I tried to remove it, it took the little lens with it, leaving a blurry image for others to see.  

Fortunately, I was able to retrieve the lens and put it back on.  (so far it hasn't fallen out).  Now I fold a piece of construction paper over the lid so it blocks the lens while I'm fapping, I mean while I'm on a Zoom call and need to stand up and walk to the fridge in my underwear.  

• Like 1

just use dual monitors. 

the top on laptop is down and you never have to worry about it being hacked.

Also allows you to monitor SA Forums on one screen while following the office meeting inaction on Zoom

• Like 1

I just fold a post it note paper over the lens, don’t see the requirement for any heavy tape gumming up things.

7 hours ago, Winston29 said:

I had a small piece of electrical tape over the camera on my Mac for a while, but when I tried to remove it, it took the little lens with it, leaving a blurry image for others to see.  

Fortunately, I was able to retrieve the lens and put it back on.  (so far it hasn't fallen out).  Now I fold a piece of construction paper over the lid so it blocks the lens while I'm fapping, I mean while I'm on a Zoom call and need to stand up and walk to the fridge in my underwear.  

I thought this thread was weird enough until we discover that you keep a fridge in your underwear!!!

And that you underwear is so big that you can walk around in it.

Now we’re going places.

We definitely need pictures of this.

Tape, always use tape over the camera.

No need to take it off for a zoom call, fuck them.

If I wanted them to see into my house I would have invited them around for a BBQ.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, astro said:

Tape, always use tape over the camera.

No need to take it off for a zoom call, fuck them.

If I wanted them to see into my house I would have invited them around for a BBQ.

Done one zoom call for work and that was because Corp had something to say and wanted to try it out.  We share desktops all the time, but Cameras have not been on since I started 18 yrs ago.  

I still get a chuckle over that boss lady who turned herself into a talking potato for a meeting.

That was a hilarious story.  Good for her to just carry on with the meeting anyway.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/laurenstrapagiel/potato-boss-video-call

Been using Skype ever since it came out.  I never use it with the camera on.  Started swithching it off because of bandwidth issues, but later sound that for normal business the video was a distraction.

Only heard of Zoom this year, hard to believe how quickly everyone thought it was so cool when skype has been ignored.  But Zoom will be harvesting face and voice information to sell, that's why it's free.