B.J. Porter

Voter Intimidation, 2020 Edition

Got this today. I knew it was spoofed, so I didn't tell them to go fuck off.

proudboymail.thumb.jpg.8a616167e94c291a142ff7cc92c645f3.jpg

Yes, that is the correct address in my voter record, though astute observers will note there is no house at that location in Green Cove Springs. It's something the Supervisor of Elections worked out with my mail agent.

Speaking of the Supervisor of Elections, I was very impressed by him, and I know I've shit on the guy pretty hard for trying to disenfranchise us in the past. But I forwarded this to the elections office, and the Supervisor e-mailed me back in minutes, then called me personally to talk about it. While we were talking, DHS called him, presumably on the same topic.

So they got right on it.

And it's not just me and my county.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88a43b/proud-boys-emails-threatening-florida-voters-appear-to-use-spoofed-email-address

14 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Yes, that is the correct address in my voter record, though astute observers will note there is no house at that location in Green Cove Springs. It's something the Supervisor of Elections worked out with my mail agent.

Speaking of the Supervisor of Elections, I was very impressed by him, and I know I've shit on the guy pretty hard for trying to disenfranchise us in the past. But I forwarded this to the elections office, and the Supervisor e-mailed me back in minutes, then called me personally to talk about it. While we were talking, DHS called him, presumably on the same topic.

So they got right on it.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88a43b/proud-boys-emails-threatening-florida-voters-appear-to-use-spoofed-email-address

Looks like the Russians are busy.

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

So they got right on it.

They’re going after UF students as well.  

LOL

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/university-of-florida-students-get-threatening-emails-warning-them-to-vote-for-trump-or-else/

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

I saw that.  Guy needs to be immediately fired, but I am sure his union will prevent that.  Trump for law, order and the Proud Boys!

1 minute ago, bridhb said:

I saw that.  Guy needs to be immediately fired, but I am sure his union will prevent that.  Trump for law, order and the Proud Boys!

I dunno, political stumping on duty is kind of the third rail for law enforcement, most places.

And it seems a very dubious tactic to tell Americans "Vote Trump Or Else," seems almost certain to produce the opposite result

- DSK

53 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

They’re going after UF students as well.  

LOL

It is not very funny - although not likely to be very effective in reducing the vote, 

the email sows confusion and doubt - which is what was intended. 

I'd really like to know who sent it out - and hang 'em from the highest tree. 

Don't care if they are Dems. 

24 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

It is not very funny - although not likely to be very effective in reducing the vote, 

the email sows confusion and doubt - which is what was intended. 

I'd really like to know who sent it out - and hang 'em from the highest tree. 

Don't care if they are Dems. 

I doubt they were Democrats, because there is a certain segment of the population who could be intimidated by this. Any risk of lost votes would be a mistake, and to do what? Discredit the Proud Boys?

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

I doubt

Me too, that appears to be the intent of those evil Reich-Wing SOB's. 

(No actual free thinking liberal would ever do such a thing.) 

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

So they got right on it.

BTW don't anyone worry about that exposed address. There was some sort of compromise cut with the registrar and my mailing agent to make this "yacht center" our address a couple of years back when they were trying to boot us off the voting rolls.

If the Proud Boys show up to beat me up it's going to be sort of like the Chicago PD trying to pick up Elwood Blues at 1060 West Addison.

image.thumb.png.d2a649b4aafe80cafc98ff9c6076f99f.png

I just checked the Proud Boy's website. Nowhere do they say they intimidate voters. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bhyde said:

I just checked the Proud Boy's website. Nowhere do they say they intimidate voters. 

I'm surprised alt-Doggie hasn't been along to clarify that for us already.

15 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Well that settles that.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

So they got right on it.

Be afraid... be very afraid.

image.png.4a53983cc62d605ef62af63b4ea14ae9.png

17 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Be afraid... be very afraid.

image.png.4a53983cc62d605ef62af63b4ea14ae9.png

Although I not terribly nimble, I can rock YMCA way better than Mango Mussolini. So I'm ready.

30 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

Nope. I heard from a few neighbors at 411 Walnut Street (that's the mailing address for St. Brendan's Isle mail service) and they got them too.

6 hours ago, bhyde said:

I heard they're actually a charity group, and they help the elderly crossing busy streets

- DSK

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I heard they're actually a charity group, and they help the elderly crossing busy streets

- DSK

Even when they don't want to.

• Like 1

The inane,. transparent ignorance of that email could be caught by anyone with a fifth grade civics class behind them.  Makes it look a lot like a false flag operation.  Anonymous would have been better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

The inane,. transparent ignorance of that email could be caught by anyone with a fifth grade civics class behind them.  Makes it look a lot like a false flag operation.  Anonymous would have been better.

such bullshit. false flag. Bullshit. 

As pointed out above, no campaign would risk a low-info/low-IQ voter thinking it's real.

It's foreign influence in support of Trump, Chinese or Russian, Saudi, whatever, or it's some US based terror org like the Proud Boys.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

such bullshit. false flag. Bullshit. 

As pointed out above, no campaign would risk a low-info/low-IQ voter thinking it's real.

It's foreign influence in support of Trump, Chinese or Russian, Saudi, whatever, or it's some US based terror org like the Proud Boys.

I am betting Russia using the Proud Boys as cover. Proud Boys don't even know how to acquire a proper torch, so I am betting they do not have the infrastructure to do this. Not that it is a huge lift, but it is harder than buying a proper torch for your racist riots. 

11 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Although I not terribly nimble, I can rock YMCA way better than Mango Mussolini. So I'm ready.

Can you imagine if they asked him about gay rights in tomorrow's debate, starting off with the statement, "Recently, you danced to a song that was performed by gay men........"

That would be glorious.

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

Apparently BJ believed.

Fuck off. He believed it was an illegal attempt at voter intimidation and reported it. Which it is. 

Hopefully you stopped doing this, or you'll get a knock on your door from the Feds. Even with T-rump in charge, they don't look kindly on this sort of thing.

Just now, Movable Ballast said:

FFFFFake comes from a server in Saudi Arabia. 

About as credible as the Hunter Biden laptop right? 

wtf are you babbling about?

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

wtf are you babbling about?

CBS News and Vice News reported that the source code embedded in seven emails shows the message originated from IP addresses linked to servers in Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Estonia. CBS News also reported voters in Alaska and Arizona reported receiving the email message.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/voter-intimidation-emails-sent-to-uf-students-prompts-fbi-investigation/ar-BB1ag86E?ocid=uxbndlbing

34 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

See post #24 idiot.

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

TFH.jpg

Outing jzk is not nice.

2 hours ago, Saorsa said:
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Apparently BJ believed.

No, I didn't believe, dummy.

Read the OP where I said "I knew it was spoofed." That literally means I knew it was a faked e-mail address.

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Read the OP where I said "I knew it was spoofed." That literally means I knew it was a faked e-mail address.

So?  Why bring it up and claim voter suppression.

It's agitprop, pure and simple, and you seem to enjoy keeping it in circulation.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

It's agitprop, pure and simple, and you seem to enjoy keeping it in circulation.

Because dumbasses like yourself WILL believe it.

Saudi's working on behalf of Trump. Whodathunkit?

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

you unable to post a link?

Just had a news conference. RATcliffe did his best to pin it on Iran but did say Russia was also involved but did not say how and seemed to downplay that aspect of it.  Said it was an attempt to hurt Trump.

Wray came on but didn’t talk about who the perps were.

LOL...

Well, FWIW....if it's a false flag (and it is almost certainly not from the Proud Bois so to some degree it is) the combination of too-clever-by-half and trying to lay it on the Saudis speaks of Iran. The Russians, I thinks, would have routed it through China.  

• Like 1

3O1qePzP_reasonably_small.jpeg

Dear Ratcliffe: Actually, officials say that Iran sent spoofed emails to intimidate voters to vote FOR Donald Trump. Are you being fully honest with the American people?
Quote Tweet

d0Q4voGK_normal.jpg

CBS News

@CBSNews
· 1h
The FBI says Iran has sent “spoofed emails” to intimidate voters, incite social unrest and damage President Trump: “These actions are desperate attempts by desperate adversaries” https://cbsn.ws/3jhonpp

30 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Well, FWIW....if it's a false flag (and it is almost certainly not from the Proud Bois so to some degree it is) the combination of too-clever-by-half and trying to lay it on the Saudis speaks of Iran. The Russians, I thinks, would have routed it through China.  

The great firewall makes routing things through China tedious

Oh no! It's the Iranians trying to help Biden (somehow).......:rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Oh no! It's the Iranians trying to help Biden (somehow).......:rolleyes:

They are over thinking it, Q style.

6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

No, dummy.

If you recall, I've worked in both the IT business and political campaigns. I knew what this shit was the second I saw. And I knew it was a joke WRT to me since my voting address is at a boat yard.

Now picture instead someone who is...not very computer literate. And doesn't know that things like voter records are public information. And who is perhaps older, and living alone. A man or woman in their 70s or 80s, living along. A young single parent without much technical savvy and kids at home.

An e-mail like this could very easily intimidate someone who was less tech/political savvy into not voting, or being frightened to vote the way they want to.

I LITERALLY received this e-mail in my own inbox, you idiot. I'm not repeating some article about it, it happened to me and other people I know registered in FL.

The intent of this e-mail is to intimidate people, pure and simple. Just like the screaming assholes who want to "patrol" voting locations with their open carry penis-extenders.

Just had a news conference. RATcliffe did his best to pin it on Iran but did say Russia was also involved but did not say how and seemed to downplay that aspect of it.  Said it was an attempt to hurt Trump.

Wray came on but didn’t talk about who the perps were.

LOL...

Isn't Ratcliffe the clown that asked about Alex CahLOOPah about 87 times during the impeachment hearings while talking mostly to himself and spinning disinformation?

7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

No, dummy.

If you recall, I've worked in both the IT business and political campaigns. I knew what this shit was the second I saw. And I knew it was a joke WRT to me since my voting address is at a boat yard.

Now picture instead someone who is...not very computer literate. And doesn't know that things like voter records are public information. And who is perhaps older, and living alone. A man or woman in their 70s or 80s, living along. A young single parent without much technical savvy and kids at home.

An e-mail like this could very easily intimidate someone who was less tech/political savvy into not voting, or being frightened to vote the way they want to.

I LITERALLY received this e-mail in my own inbox, you idiot. I'm not repeating some article about it, it happened to me and other people I know registered in FL.

The intent of this e-mail is to intimidate people, pure and simple. Just like the screaming assholes who want to "patrol" voting locations with their open carry penis-extenders.

OK, you posted it in this little side pocket of the internet as a public service for the other democrats on the board who would be dumb enough to fall for it.

38 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

No, dummy.

lieutenant Soreass LOVES that the Iranians/Russians are helping T-rump. Loves it in his little rancid Vichy traitor heart.

• Like 2

Not much to add to this, . . (except to wonder where our local Reichistas are hiding out) 

George Little
@georgelittledc
As a former @CIA spokesman, I never thought I would say this in my lifetime, but the Director of National Intelligence @DNI_Ratcliffe is a complete and utter political hack.
5:36 PM · Oct 21, 2020

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

No, dummy.

A good portion of those people would also go to Target and get gift cards to pay to have their computer virus fixed.

Or a relative out of a foreign jail.

Or to pay the I.R.S. before there's a warrant and the cops come to the door.

38 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Not much to add to this, . . (except to wonder where our local Reichistas are hiding out) 

George Little
@georgelittledc
As a former @CIA spokesman, I never thought I would say this in my lifetime, but the Director of National Intelligence @DNI_Ratcliffe is a complete and utter political hack.
5:36 PM · Oct 21, 2020

That was obvious watching the little shitweasel during the impeachment hearings.

20 minutes ago, Mike G said:

A good portion of those people would also go to Target and get gift cards to pay to have their computer virus fixed.

Or a relative out of a foreign jail.

Or to pay the I.R.S. before there's a warrant and the cops come to the door.

Yup. There are a lot of people who fall for bullshit scams off the internet. This is no different.

9 hours ago, Saorsa said:

OK, you posted it in this little side pocket of the internet as a public service for the other democrats on the board who would be dumb enough to fall for it.

Or he posted it here to show the lengths some organizations will go to because they are afraid of particular candidates.

You really are a chump.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Or he posted it here to show the lengths some organizations will go to because they are afraid of particular candidates.

You really are a chump.

Good, which organization or political movement?  the thing about agitprop is it doesn't actually support a candidate, it just throws shit around to stir up fear uncertainty and doubt.  It's purely destructive and geared to gain control without responsibility or responsiveness.

Here is @CityofMiami Police Officer Daniel Ubeda, in full uniform with badge and gun wearing his Trump mask inside of the polling location in government center. This is city funded voter intimidation. Ubeda should be suspended immediately.

19 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

FFFFFake comes from a server in Saudi Arabia. 

About as credible as the Hunter Biden laptop right? 

My name is Tony Bobulinski. The facts set forth below are true and accurate; they are not any form of domestic or foreign disinformation. Any suggestion to the contrary is false and offensive. I am the recipient of the email published seven days ago by the New York Post which showed a copy to Hunter Biden and Rob Walker. That email is genuine.

This afternoon I received a request from the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs and the Senate Committee on Finance requesting all documents relating to my business affairs with the Biden family as well as various foreign entities and individuals. I have extensive relevant records and communications and I intend to produce those items to both Committees in the immediate future.

I am the grandson of a 37 year Army Intelligence officer, the son of a 20+ year career Naval Officer and the brother of a 28 year career Naval Flight Officer. I myself served our country for 4 years and left the Navy as LT Bobulinski. I held a high level security clearance and was an instructor and then CTO for Naval Nuclear Power Training Command. I take great pride in the time my family and I served this country. I am also not a political person. What few campaign contributions I have made in my life were to Democrats.

If the media and Big Tech companies had done their jobs over the past several weeks I would be irrelevant in this story. Given my long standing service and devotion to this great country, I could no longer allow my family’s name to be associated or tied to Russian disinformation or implied lies and false narratives dominating the media right now.

After leaving the military I became an institutional investor investing extensively around the world and on every continent. I have traveled to over 50 countries. I believe, hands down, we live in the greatest country in the world.

What I am outlining is fact. I know it is fact because I lived it. I am the CEO of Sinohawk Holdings which was a partnership between the Chinese operating through CEFC/Chairman Ye and the Biden family. I was brought into the company to be the CEO by James Gilliar and Hunter Biden. The reference to “the Big Guy” in the much publicized May 13, 2017 email is in fact a reference to Joe Biden. The other “JB” referenced in that email is Jim Biden, Joe’s brother.

Hunter Biden called his dad “the Big Guy” or “my Chairman,” and frequently referenced asking him for his sign-off or advice on various potential deals that we were discussing. I’ve seen Vice President Biden saying he never talked to Hunter about his business. I’ve seen firsthand that that’s not true, because it wasn’t just Hunter’s business, they said they were putting the Biden family name and its legacy on the line.

I realized the Chinese were not really focused on a healthy financial ROI. They were looking at this as a political or influence investment. Once I realized that Hunter wanted to use the company as his personal piggy bank by just taking money out of it as soon as it came from the Chinese, I took steps to prevent that from happening.

The Johnson Report connected some dots in a way that shocked me — it made me realize the Bidens had gone behind my back and gotten paid millions of dollars by the Chinese, even though they told me they hadn’t and wouldn’t do that to their partners.

I would ask the Biden family to address the American people and outline the facts so I can go back to being irrelevant — and so I am not put in a position to have to answer those questions for them.

I don’t have a political ax to grind; I just saw behind the Biden curtain and I grew concerned with what I saw. The Biden family aggressively leveraged the Biden family name to make millions of dollars from foreign entities even though some were from communist controlled China.

God bless America.

image.gif

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

Good, which organization or political movement?  the thing about agitprop is it doesn't actually support a candidate, it just throws shit around to stir up fear uncertainty and doubt.  It's purely destructive and geared to gain control without responsibility or responsiveness.

Does it matter where it came from?

Iran and Russia have both been identified recently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/10/20/proud-boys-emails-florida/

I used to think you had a brain. I was wrong.

The thing about agitprop is it’s nothing like what you describe, dumbfuck. It supports the party and the movement.

3 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

My name is Tony Bobulinski. The facts set forth below are true and accurate; they are not any form of domestic or foreign disinformation. Any suggestion to the contrary is false and offensive. I am the recipient of the email published seven days ago by the New York Post which showed a copy to Hunter Biden and Rob Walker. That email is genuine. 

image.gif

Why is this only printed in rags like the NY Post, Daily Caller, Breitbart, et al? More shit that even Fox won't touch?

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
3 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

image.gif

Why is this only printed in rags like the NY Post, Daily Caller, Breitbart, et al? More shit that even Fox won't touch?

Actually, Fox did report it, they said that other news is saying it. News reporting on the news. That's...... very straighforward, huh?

I looked in some financial references for Sinohawk Inc and found nothing. Something is not what it seems, here.

- DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Actually, Fox did report it, they said that other news is saying it. News reporting on the news. That's...... very straighforward, huh?

I looked in some financial references for Sinohawk Inc and found nothing. Something is not what it seems, here.

- DSK

I wonder if anyone actually asked to see the writer's ID.

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

"Many people are saying it"

2 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

"Many people are saying it"

Including the U.S. Senate https://www.newsweek.com/senate-committee-looking-tony-bobulinski-after-allegations-hunter-bidens-business-partner-1541390

But their threshold  for investigating is not set  as high as a Sailing Anarchy thread it appears  

Newsweek definitely said that someone said something to someone.  EMAILS??? EXPLOSIVE!!!!!!

Did you know the word 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary?

26 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I always thought those letters were fake, until it happened to me....

Nice of the Vichy to distract from the Russians again interfering in US elections on behalf of T-rump.

20 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:
24 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I'll believe it when I see it confirmed by a real news organization. Fox is just Breitbart Light.

Left leaning Newsweek?  https://www.newsweek.com/senate-committee-looking-tony-bobulinski-after-allegations-hunter-bidens-business-partner-1541390

The wingnut Trumpublicans of the Senate, who just knew was as pure and clean as the driven snow without bothering to even hear any witnesses?

I would like to see a real world reference to the people and the business, from before when this "scandal" broke (or was invented).

- DSK