Sean

60 Minutes interview

That interview cements his status as a whiner. Nice take from The Daily Beast.

Over the past couple days, President Donald Trump has been repeatedly threatening to release his entire, unedited interview with 60 Minutes’ Lesley Stahl before an edited version airs on this coming Sunday’s episode. Well, he finally did it and it may have the exact opposite effect he was hoping for.

“Look at the bias, hatred and rudeness on behalf of 60 Minutes and CBS,” Trump posted on Facebook the morning of his final debate with Joe Biden. He then added, for good measure, “Tonight’s anchor, Kristen Welker, is far worse!”

But what anyone who watches all 38 minutes will see is that the president spent the bulk of his time openly whining about how “tough” the questions were while refusing to actually answer any of them in a coherent manner.

In the first few seconds, Stahl, who has been with 60 Minutes for close to three decades, calmly asks Trump if he’s ready for some “tough questions.”

“No, I’m not,” he replies glumly.

“You’re not OK with tough questions?” Stahl laughs in response, seeming to think at first that he might be joking.

Instead, the president immediately starts accusing her of bias, saying, “You don’t ask Biden tough questions. It’s terrible.” On multiple occasions, she has to remind him that she’s not the one interviewing Biden and Kamala Harris for the same episode.

Her first “tough” question? “Why do you want to be president again?”

Again and again, Trump declines to say what he would do in a second term and instead boasts about the “great job” he’s done in his first. Asked what his “biggest domestic priority” is, Trump instead claims he “created the greatest economy in the history of our country.” Stahl shoots back, “You know that’s not true!”

There is a deep defensiveness on Trump’s part throughout, including when Stahl suggests his rallies aren’t as big as they used to be due to the pandemic. “You’re so negative!” he tells her. “You come in with this negative attitude.

Ultimately, Trump reaches a breaking point when Stahl pushes back on the unsubstantiated allegations surrounding Hunter Biden. “It’s never been verified!” she tells him.

Later, Trump campaign advisor Jason Miller confirmed that one of the reasons they released the full video is so that viewers could see Trump rant about Biden’s supposed “foreign corruption.”

Sensing his frustration, Stahl tells him that she didn’t want their interview to get so contentious.

“Yes, you did,” Trump replies, reminding her that she told him she was going to ask some “tough questions.”

“You’re the president,” Stahl says in response. “Don’t you think you should be accountable to the American people?”

Trump claims he doesn’t “mind” tough questions. “But when you set up the interview, you didn’t say that,” he adds. “You said, ‘Oh, let’s have a lovely interview.’”

The president is openly admitting that he expected friendly treatment from a news program well known for its serious investigative journalism.

As he continues to whine about the media asking Biden “softball” questions, a White House aide interrupts with a five-minute warning before a scheduled “walk-and-talk” interview with both Trump and Vice President Pence. “Well, I think we have enough,” Trump tells his staff. “I think we have enough of an interview. That’s enough, let’s go.”

President Trump posted the full interview with the expectation that it will reflect more favorably on him than the edited version set to air this Sunday. It’s unclear at this point how that’s possible.

After Trump released the video, CBS released the following statement that accused the administration of violating its agreement with the network:

“The White House’s unprecedented decision to disregard their agreement with CBS News and release their footage will not deter 60 MINUTES from providing its full, fair and contextual reporting which presidents have participated in for decades. 60 MINUTES, the most-watched news program on television, is widely respected for bringing its hallmark fairness, deep reporting and informative context to viewers each week. Few journalists have the presidential interview experience Lesley Stahl has delivered over her decades as one of the premier correspondents in America and we look forward to audiences seeing her third interview with President Trump and subsequent interview with Vice President Pence this weekend.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-exposes-himself-as-whiner-in-chief-in-leaked-60-minutes-interview-with-lesley-stahl?ref=home

The crazy thing is Trump thinks this video makes him look good.  Fucking bizarro world.

• Like 2

If he broke the contract and they don't sue him immediately, fuck them.

• Like 1

So Trump says that it's unfair that she wants to ask the President of the United States tough questions.  Holy.  Fuck.  So everything that doesn't show him in a shining light with a halo overhead is unfair.

I have to admit that he ended it in a fairly mundane manner.  I expected him to say something nasty and he didn't.  Everyone surprises you once in a while.

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I was thinking the same thing.  But they won't.

How can anybody watch this petulant man-child and say,  "that's my guy!"

Fucking pathetic. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

"There is a deep defensiveness on Trump’s part throughout, including when Stahl suggests his rallies aren’t as big as they used to be due to the pandemic. “You’re so negative!” he tells her. “You come in with this negative attitude."

Snipped from the article.  If you watch / listen to the interview, Trump keeps repeating claims that his current rallies are the biggest ever.  Should be very simple to fact check.

24 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

The crazy thing is Trump thinks this video makes him look good.  Fucking bizarro world.

It probably does make him look good to the Branch Covidians. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

How can anybody watch this petulant man-child and say,  "that's my guy!"

Fucking pathetic. 

Bravo bravo

Sarasota

pterodactyl Tom- even if he claims Jo Jorgensen is his girl   Everybody wants a vice president named Spike Cohen don’t we? And a waffle house on every corner

KingCunt happy jack

My cousin in law

7 minutes ago, bridhb said:

"There is a deep defensiveness on Trump’s part throughout, including when Stahl suggests his rallies aren’t as big as they used to be due to the pandemic. “You’re so negative!” he tells her. “You come in with this negative attitude."

Snipped from the article.  If you watch / listen to the interview, Trump keeps repeating claims that his current rallies are the biggest ever.  Should be very simple to fact check.

The WaPo has officially given up keeping track of his lies, there are too many. When he's spouting 189 identifiable lies in one day, you just can't keep up.

If you were free to pick any three minutes of that interview, the best and brightest, if you will. Then listen to it again.

Would you hire this guy as a janitor? To look after your house or boat? Hand him a set of keys?

I'd refuse him as my janitor's helper.

He is ranting like a lunatic.  Unfit for any elected office. 

all the cards are on the table, put the fkn' Aberration down ffs.

26 minutes ago, bridhb said:

The latest rallies are YUGE and clearly even bigger than his Inauguration.  And TWICE as big as Obama's inauguration.  Just the facts, ma'am.  

Aww Donnie’s not winning, it’s so unfair.

They’re asking me tough questions the world is against me.

And the faithful go yeah I know you got my vote.

What a circus.

Wow, what an insult . . (Kos) 

"Con-man to the bitter end.

During his interview with 60 Minutes, Trump had Baghdad Barbie (Kayleigh McEnany) present Lesley Stahl with an oversized, 10 inch, hard bound book on his health care polices.  It was so big and heavy, Stahl had difficulty holding it.   I guess Trump thought 60 minutes would simply judge the book by its cover and never open it, but ….  (checks notes) … they did, revealing it was empty, full of blank pages." 

image.jpeg.2ffde5b9519193b768f5ea004c05437f.jpeg

From that interview.  Besides the fact that it takes him 2 hands to lift a small glass of water to his lips, look at his hands.  They look like death.  

122205008_10164132230675517_5644585454985809032_n.jpg

49 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Wow, what an insult . . (Kos) 

"Con-man to the bitter end.

During his interview with 60 Minutes, Trump had Baghdad Barbie (Kayleigh McEnany) present Lesley Stahl with an oversized, 10 inch, hard bound book on his health care polices.  It was so big and heavy, Stahl had difficulty holding it.   I guess Trump thought 60 minutes would simply judge the book by its cover and never open it, but ….  (checks notes) … they did, revealing it was empty, full of blank pages." 

image.jpeg.2ffde5b9519193b768f5ea004c05437f.jpeg

Is that sarcastic, or a joke?  Did that come from the Onion?  He spent 40 minutes complaining how tough she was so he should have known she would open it....not like the reams of paper he had on the stage showing he divested himself from his companies that he didn't let anyone see but suspiciously looked like they just came out of the package.  If this is true, what an idiot!

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

From that interview.  Besides the fact that it takes him 2 hands to lift a small glass of water to his lips, look at his hands.  They look like death.  

Yeah he should spend an extra 15 min to put make up on his hands during his multi hour every morning routine to make himself macho presentable.  What tough guy doesn't spend a couple of hours a morning doing his make up and hair?  "Trump 2020 Finally Someone with Balls"

3 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

But he's magnificently brilliant! 

Lesley Stahl says Trump and Pence insulted her and '60 Minutes'

Source: Politico

President Donald Trump on Thursday released video footage of the tense interviews he and Vice President Mike Pence had separately with “60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl, including a particularly combative exchange in which Stahl accuses both men of having "insulted" her and the news program. 

In Stahl’s interview with Pence, which took place after Trump cut short his earlier conversation with Stahl and would not film what was supposed to be a joint appearance, the correspondent scolds Pence for offering campaign talking points in response to her questions. 

“This was not a rally. This was not just a campaign speech to the public. This was supposed to be an interview, and the same with the president,” she told Pence. “And I feel that you both have insulted ‘60 Minutes’ and me by not answering any of our questions and by giving set campaign speeches that we’ve heard both of you give at rallies and not answering our questions.”

Read more: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/22/trump-posts-60-minutes-interview-431218 

17 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He’s STILL doing the two handed drink routine?  I gave him the benefit f the doubt the first time but he’s got some pretty serious medical condition he’s going out of his way to hide..

Stroke...

I have not watched 60 Minutes in many decades and won’t waste my time on this episode 

9 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

I have not watched 60 Minutes in many decades and won’t waste my time on this episode 

Thanks for the update. I’ve missed your dribble for the past few days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

The ratings are going down. Not to the point of cancellation but they are on the Vulture Watch list.  If anything they should be thankful Trump camp even agreed to an interview as this will provide a boost to their dismal viewership, that is those of us who can't take our eyes off of an impending train wreck.

yeah i'm sure CBS has plenty of shows that can average 10M viewers in that time slot.  They could launch a sitcom starring Scott Baio as a comedic doctor in the white house.  They'll call it Dr. Atlas Shrugged.

• Like 4

Why do you want to be President?

what a stupid gotcha question. Any real American wants to be President to own the libs. That question wasn’t just unfair, it was SO Unfair. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

The ratings are going down. Not to the point of cancellation but they are on the Vulture Watch list.  If anything they should be thankful Trump camp even agreed to an interview as this will provide a boost to their dismal viewership, that is those of us who can't take our eyes off of an impending train wreck.

LOLZ

You're a predictable asshat. Yuk it up while you can.  The next several decades of progressive led political bliss will be your end.

12 hours ago, Bugsy said:

He is ranting like a lunatic.  Unfit for any elected office to live.

FTFY

9 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

9 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Donnie Two Hands is a classic Mafia name don’t you think?

Donnie Shroom is better.

12 hours ago, Fakenews said:

LOLZ

You're a predictable asshat. Yuk it up while you can.  The next several decades of progressive led political bliss will be your end.

On 10/22/2020 at 2:23 PM, Grog said:

Would you hire this guy as a janitor? To look after your house or boat? Hand him a set of keys?  I'd refuse him as my janitor's helper.

Come on now, don't be disrespecting our valiant sanitation technicians . . 

Actually, especially now they are front-line workers standing between us and Covid-V. They all deserve a raise. 

(halfway joking - I know you meant no harm.)  

8 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Come on now, don't be disrespecting our valiant sanitation technicians . . 

Actually, especially now they are front-line workers standing between us and Covid-V. They all deserve a raise. 

(halfway joking - I know you meant no harm.)  

Indeed I did not!

I hold good janitors and their helpers in high regard and trust them a lot.

My point, however poorly made, was that DJT is unfit to carry their tools.

;)

1 minute ago, Grog said:

My point, however 

;)

I'm gonna try to cook a Wiener Schnitzel this weekend . . 

any tips ?  

image.jpeg.de26c169bc7d7c2425bb5ccce353af15.jpeg

On 10/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, Grrr... said:

So everything that doesn't show him in a shining light with a halo overhead is unfair.

And some people think this is normal.

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I'm gonna try to cook a Wiener Schnitzel this weekend . . 

any tips ?  

image.jpeg.de26c169bc7d7c2425bb5ccce353af15.jpeg

Take your time, a big pan and low heat.

Ingredients are key, all of them. Do you trust your local butcher?

I like those Schnitzels, but they are a lot of work and an awful mess to make. I sometimes do them for valued guests, but we seem to be escaping to a trusted restaurant nearby more often than before. :) 

Wife and/or I use the 3lb dead blow mallet to beat the shit out of the porkchops for Schnitzel. Works great - those puny kitchen mallets don't work. We wrap it in some cling-film because it's been used to beat suspension parts off of jeeps. So, yaknow, some cleanliness is called for. 

Then just make Schnitzel. Not too hard, bit splattery during the frying, lemon on top. 

Once every coupla weeks around here. No decent German restaurants to go to, so we makem. Do not, under any circumstances, invite the POTUS to enjoy Schnitzel with you.  He's a batshit crazy attention whore that will greatly disrupt your enjoyment of a fine dish. 

You use pork for Wiener schnitzel? Should be veal.

17 minutes ago, gptyk said:

Wife and/or I use the 3lb dead blow mallet to beat the shit out of the porkchops for Schnitzel. Works great - those puny kitchen mallets don't work. We wrap it in some cling-film because it's been used to beat suspension parts off of jeeps. So, yaknow, some cleanliness is called for. 

Then just make Schnitzel. Not too hard, bit splattery during the frying, lemon on top. 

Once every coupla weeks around here. No decent German restaurants to go to, so we makem. Do not, under any circumstances, invite the POTUS to enjoy Schnitzel with you.  He's a batshit crazy attention whore that will greatly disrupt your enjoyment of a fine dish. 

Hope you are bashing in some flour as you go.  Much better than just coating with flour at the end. 

Ayup on the flour.  SWMBO doesn't like veal - so it's pork. 

I just happen to watch the full 60 minutes interview with both the president and Vice President. I would’ve fucking kicked him square in the gonads for being such a cunt 

and Mikey Pence   too for being such a  cuck 

20 minutes ago, dacapo said:

I just happen to watch the full 60 minutes interview with both the president and Vice President. I would’ve fucking kicked him square in the gonads for being such a cunt 

And you were expecting exactly..... What, from this crew?:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:
29 minutes ago, dacapo said:

And you were expecting exactly..... What, from this crew?

We watched it too. Ridiculous for any grown man, much less a President, to act the way Trump did.

Clearly he has no grasp of details and just repeats whatever the current fantasy and lie; then gets angry and insists that any possible contrary word is fake news and horribly unfair. If anything, Pence is worse, he doesn't even tell the bold face lies. He just makes brave-sounding declarative sentences that are empty of content. Neither answered a single question.

If anything, they were unfair to Biden, showing clip of Trump several times in the middle of his interview. However Biden was clearly on top of a lot of details. Norah seemed resistant to his charms though.

- DSK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

And you were expecting exactly..... What, from this crew?:rolleyes:

For some reason, even after 4 years, after interviews like tonight, I am still dumbfounded that Trump is President of the United States.

• Like 4

It in the back of his mind 

Lesley Stahl: (35:14)
You’ve all but said that Attorney General Barr should go after President Obama. If you lose, you will be here, okay? If you lose. How would you feel if then President Biden went after you?

Donald Trump: (35:29)
Oh, he probably will because I think he’s a very dishonest guy and he probably will look for something. Probably will. We’ll see. But you know what? Attorney General Barr has been very nice. That’s all I can tell you. He’s been very nice. He’s been very respectful.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, Grog said:

I like those Schnitzels, but they are a lot of work and an awful mess to make. I sometimes do them for valued guests, but we seem to be escaping to a trusted restaurant nearby more often than before. :) 

What are these "restaurants" of which you speak ? All kinds of them around here have succumbed to the Corona-V fiasco that is Gringolandia. 

There are some very good German restaurants in the US, but they are scattered about - nearest one from us is 100 miles or so. 

Thanks for all the good schnitzel advice above - it came off pretty well. 

I consulted the gods of UTube (the font of all knowledge and wisdom), and took some of their schnitzel advice: 

Used a rolling pin instead of pounding on it (worked fine); started with butterflied cutlets about 7 mm, rolled down to 4 mm: used pork vs. veal (the latter is expensive, hard to come by, and has ethical issues for some folks); used the chopstick method to check the oil temperature (it works); on my own (anarchist that I am) added some fresh garden parsley at the end (got plaudits on that move); used a skillet with a mix of lard and veg. oil (worked fine) about 1/2 inch deep. I might have had the oil a bit too hot - got to work on that. 

Thanks again !! 

Now what are these interviews that folks are going on about ?? 

27 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

It in the back of his mind 

Lesley Stahl: (35:14)
You’ve all but said that Attorney General Barr should go after President Obama. If you lose, you will be here, okay? If you lose. How would you feel if then President Biden went after you?

Donald Trump: (35:29)
Oh, he probably will because I think he’s a very dishonest guy and he probably will look for something. Probably will. We’ll see. But you know what? Attorney General Barr has been very nice. That’s all I can tell you. He’s been very nice. He’s been very respectful.

Do you think it even occurs to him that's he's calling someone else dishonest for doing exactly what he himself is doing?

37 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Do you think it even occurs to him that's he's calling someone else dishonest for doing exactly what he himself is doing?

Nope.  Narcissists have no way of recognizing those things.  He is incapable of doing so.  That is one of the many things that makes Trump so dangerous.  

So many of his defenders/supporters see the President as a "tough" guy.  We've all seen the images of him in a Rambo-esque pose, all buff and muscular.  He's supposed to be a bare knuckles fighting kind of guy.  

How the Faithful square that image with the little butthurt child who whined and complained to Lesley Stahl, and then stormed off is beyond comprehension.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

So many of his defenders/supporters see the President as a "tough" guy.  We've all seen the images of him in a Rambo-esque pose, all buff and muscular.  He's supposed to be a bare knuckles fighting kind of guy.  

How the Faithful square that image with the little butthurt child who whined and complained to Lesley Stahl, and then stormed off is beyond comprehension.

They have very little connection to reality. 

- DSK

• Like 2

Oil and lard.... Curious choice. I always use unsalted butter...

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

"Trump  Finally Someone with Balls"

"Trump 2020 No More Bullshit"

(as seen at the marina)

His diaper was full, he had to end the interview. At a rally, all the shit comes out his mouth.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 2:13 PM, Fakenews said:

He’s STILL doing the two handed drink routine?  I gave him the benefit f the doubt the first time but he’s got some pretty serious medical condition he’s going out of his way to hide..

Stroke...

The man is 74, how old are you?

I'm 62 and I can't imagine what 72 will be like if I make it.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Why do you want to be President?

what a stupid gotcha question. Any real American wants to be President to own the libs. That question wasn’t just unfair, it was SO Unfair. 

And why do people in the Media, TV and Movies have such an overinflated sense of self worth? I'm so tired of the News and all the opinion shows.

I flush better shit every day.

1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

And why do people in the Media, TV , Movies  and politics have such an overinflated sense of self worth? I'm so tired of the News and all the opinion shows.

Corrected for you.. 

1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

I'm so tired of the News and all the opinion shows.

Why would you watch something that you find stinkier and more polluted than your own shit?  Do you enjoy stewing in it?

On 10/23/2020 at 12:24 PM, Grog said:

Indeed I did not!

I hold good janitors and their helpers in high regard and trust them a lot.

My point, however poorly made, was that DJT is unfit to carry their tools.

;)

I had a crew digging up my foundation drains and they had to call their boss to bring them "The Goon Spoon" - an articulating shovel.

I wouldn't let the shitstain handle one of those.

17 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

Attorney General Barr has been very nice. That’s all I can tell you. He’s been very nice. He’s been very respectful.

Translation: His lips are very soft on my ass.

6 hours ago, bridhb said:

"Trump  Finally Someone with Balls"

"Trump 2020 No More Bullshit"

(as seen at the marina)

Story in the paper Saturday about Oregon.

A small town in eastern Oregon is mostly Trump and some locals were interviewed.

"I think in some ways he's pretty damn disgusting but when the rest of the world looks at him they look at him in a disgusting way too. They can't fuck with him... The rest of the world respects America like it hasn't in a long time".

They really do live in a fact free universe - being laughed at by the UN General Assembly, most of the world looking with astonishment and pity on America and disgusted contempt on Trump and they think that's respect?

Even the Mafia understands the word better.

3 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

In your case it will be ignorant, negative and miserable.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

A small town in eastern Oregon is mostly Trump and some locals were interviewed.

"I think in some ways he's pretty damn disgusting but when the rest of the world looks at him they look at him in a disgusting way too. They can't fuck with him... The rest of the world respects America like it hasn't in a long time".

They really do live in a fact free universe - being laughed at by the UN General Assembly, most of the world looking with astonishment and pity on America and disgusted contempt on Trump and they think that's respect?

I guarantee those people in Eastern Oregon who were interviewed have never left Eastern Oregon and know nothing about the rest of the world.

12 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

As the saying goes:

The more you moan and bitch the longer god let’s you live.

Trump revives 'Sleepy Joe' attacks, but gets the facts wrong

President Trump kicked off the first of his three reelection rallies in Pennsylvania on Monday by renewing his attempt to depict former Vice President Joe Biden as “sleepy” and confused. But it was Trump who got his facts wrong.

In a speech in Allentown, Pa., that stretched over 81 minutes, the president seized on a purported flub — first tweeted by a Republican operative and picked up by Fox News — in which Biden appeared to begin saying the name of former President George W. Bush rather than President Trump during a virtual campaign event.

Trump misstated the source of the quote, attributing it to CBS’s “60 Minutes,” which had broadcast interviews with the presidential candidates Sunday night.

“Did you watch him on ‘60 Minutes’ last night?” Trump asked the crowd. “Did you see yesterday when he called me George? ‘No, no I don’t if I like George.’ No, not George. Not George. What a mess.”

The best line is - "Now, I’m not that big of an ego guy."

I am sure some of the Faithful will mindlessly parrot that little tidbit, completely ignorant of just how smelly that bullshit is.

5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Wouldn’t be such a big deal other than Trump’s continual attacks on Biden’s age and mental acuity.  

Maybe it’s just my experience but I don’t know a single healthy person under the age of 85 who needs both hands to raise a glass to their lips.  

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Trump revives 'Sleepy Joe' attacks, but gets the facts wrong

The best line is - "Now, I’m not that big of an ego guy."

I am sure some of the Faithful will mindlessly parrot that little tidbit, completely ignorant of just how smelly that bullshit is.

FTFY

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

It's not Eastern Oregon, but there is a town called Nimrod.

10 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

And why do people in the Media, TV and Movies have such an overinflated sense of self worth? I'm so tired of the News and all the opinion shows.

8 hours ago, The Q said:

Corrected for you.. 

Media covers your correction

8 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Why would you watch something that you find stinkier and more polluted than your own shit?  Do you enjoy stewing in it?

I try to stay informed. but everything stinks. Much like the following bloke

6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Kiss my ass Sloop. I hope we never meet.

On 10/26/2020 at 8:13 PM, Meat Wad said:

Kiss my ass Sloop. I hope we never meet.

That's a certainty.