3 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

What?

He said he wants to control the emissions from fracking.  What the fuck the fuck does that mean?

3 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Biden is making any fucking sense on the fracking.

No fracking on federal land.

Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Fakenews said:

Trump needed a knockout but he lost this debate in spite of his more subdued but fact free performance.

Who needs facts?  Fantasy is great.

Just now, benwynn said:

He said he wants to control the emissions from fracking.  What the fuck the fuck was that mean?

Carbon offsets

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hasher said:

I hope you are the least racist person.

Maybe the "least worst" would be good.

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

What the fuck the fuck was that mean?

What? Your English is suspect.

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

Carbon offsets

That doesn't clean up contaminated ground water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justsomeguy! said:

What? Your English is suspect.

I tried to clean it up in time.

Thank god I was wrong regarding the length of time remaining!

1 minute ago, benwynn said:

I tried to clean it up in time.

I understand. Shit happens too quickly here.

11 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html

‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias

The post so nice you posted twice!

(with all the stupid capitalization, no less)

37 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Just hard to spell.

Otherwise, you said you've got "MediCare whenever I go off private and VA as a backup" and that you "damn sure don’t need or want Government run HC"

Face it: You're a fucking moron.   Seriously, give this up. Join a fucking knitting forum or something.

Great.  Now, you've hurt his feelings.

He'll have no choice but to resort to posting memes he finds on the those crazy sites he frequents.

I hate both sides. 

No one convinced me their plans are worthy of my vote.  I will however vote for 1 when I go vote, I will not vote third party this time.. 

Tough decision as I can see both sides, but still hate them.  I would like to be able to trust 1 of them, but not so now.  Trump never and now with the new Biden news, he is compromised.  I will decide after the next week and see if Russia did actually make up such a scheme or if the Hunter stuff that enriched the Biden family is fact..  Trump was impeached for doing this, is Joe as guilty ????

Trump is full of crap, Biden did not convince me of anything.  The winner of the the debate was the moderator, but she still favored Biden IMO.

4 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:
5 minutes ago, F395 said:

but still hate them.

Ayup.

Give him credit, at least he's trying to pretend he doesn't want to vote for Trump.

Anybody who gives the slightest credence to the latest Hunter Biden bullshit is a committed Trumpalo already.

- DSK

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, F395 said:

I hate both sides. 

No one convinced me their plans are worthy of my vote.  I will however vote for 1 when I go vote, I will not vote third party this time.. 

Tough decision as I can see both sides, but still hate them.  I would like to be able to trust 1 of them, but not so now.  Trump never and now with the new Biden news, he is compromised.  I will decide after the next week and see if Russia did actually make up such a scheme or if the Hunter stuff that enriched the Biden family is fact..  Trump was impeached for doing this, is Joe as guilty ????

Trump is full of crap, Biden did not convince me of anything.  The winner of the the debate was the moderator, but she still favored Biden IMO.

You’re subtly is really bad.  Talk to Jeff about how to do it better, whomever you are.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Give him credit, at least he's trying to pretend he s not going to vote for Trump.

Fixed it.

what little talent that remains in the Trump admin is heading out the door no matter what. The 2nd term will be uncle ranty screeching on twitter 24/365 about the characters of the Fox News Cinematic Universe.

Trump spewed his usual word salad seasoned with baseless attacks on Biden and his family. He dabbled in debunked conspiracy theories and displayed little grasp of policy. He ignored the question regarding why black families have to have “the talk with their kids, and he lied. He spoke significantly longer than Biden and told us all he is the outsider and a victim. And he called rule-following asylum seekers dumbasses. 

In other words, he followed his plan and had a pretty good night.

Biden did fine, but his hard edge (always blunted by a folksy style) was kinda dull and he may have oversold his antipathy for the big energy companies. Lot of jobs still tied to that monster, and they control a lot of TV stations and politicians. He’s gotta govern that segment of the economy after getting elected just as much as my pro-Trump billboard erecting neighbors. 

The needle wasn’t moved significantly. But Reince Priebius got on CBS and promised the GOP would be in court arguing about postage stamps and signatures. Asshole.

1 minute ago, phillysailor said:

And he called rule-following asylum seekers dumbasses. 

Hmm, missed that.

12 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

You’re subtly is really bad.  Talk to Jeff about how to do it better, whomever you are.

I am an American voter.  That is enough for you whomever you are

18 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

You’re subtly is really bad.

"Subtlety."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

A line somewhere on the internet: if Trump’s makeup were any darker he wouldn’t rent himself an apartment.

They forgot to tan his eyes. Inside out raccoon man

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

Joe’s drugs are wearing off... he is beginning to slur and stumble

Looking at your posts  your drugs wore off sometime in mid February 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Hey... Melania showed up.   Stay tuned.  Maybe she'll show her tits.

Doesn't look like she shows them to the donald either.

it's not that I support a centrist tool, who got my vote, it's just that I'm extremely anti-right-wing, eh.

g0d bless this wack cuntry

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Hmm, missed that.

Trump said that only 1% of asylum seekers returned for adjudication under the “catch and release” program, and that they were mostly low-IQ.

He got all the statistics wrong, on purpose. It’s called “lying.” His disdain for rule followers is clear, since he surrounds himself with criminals: Manafort, Michael Cohen... even Melania cheated and was paid for modeling in the nude while in America on a B1/B2 Visa. 

He trades in lies, he cheats his contractors and investors, and never pays off his debts. US taxpayers are going to be left holding his. Forget him paying taxes, we are going to have to give this billionaire a bailout just to go away.

1 minute ago, phillysailor said:

Trump said that only 1% of asylum seekers returned for adjudication under the “catch and release” program, and that they were mostly low-IQ.

He got all the statistics wrong, on purpose. It’s called “lying.” His disdain for rule followers is clear, since he surrounds himself with criminals: Manafort, Michael Cohen... even Melania cheated and was paid for modeling in the nude while in America on a B1/B2 Visa. 

He trades in lies, he cheats his contractors and investors, and never pays off his debts. US taxpayers are going to be left holding his. Forget him paying taxes, we are going to have to give this billionaire a bailout just to go away.

I vote for chains and an old Buick V8 block.

I think Joe. was doing fine until the end.  He got caught in a  Colonel Jessup Moment.  Are you going to end oil? ARE YOU GOING TO END OIL?“  
“YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT I’M GOING TO END OIL!”    And when the moderator set him up with a calm “Why  would you say that?”    “Because they pollute!”    

I think that was a huge mistake.  I expect commercials using that sound bite will start running in OH, TX, PA and MI real soon.  

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I think Joe. was doing fine until the end.  He got caught in a  Colonel Jessup Moment.  Are you going to end oil? ARE YOU GOING TO END OIL?“  
“YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT I’M GOING TO END OIL!”    And when the moderator set him up with a calm “Why  would you say that?”    “Because they pollute!”    

I think that was a huge mistake.  I expect commercials using that sound bite will start running in OH, TX, PA and MI real soon.  

Trump had a Lincoln Project moment when he responded to Biden's question '525 kids don't know where their parents are' and Trump responded 'Good'

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I think that was a huge mistake.  I expect commercials using that sound bite will start running in OH, PA and MI real soon.  

So, oil does NOT pollute? What are you trying to say?

The energy situation is more complex than can be explained in 2 minutes to a TV audience. Oil has the best EROEI of any fuel ever discovered, it's literally the fuel that took us from horse & buggies to the moon and the internet. But 1- it's limited and we've already burned somewhat more than half of it... 1a- we burned the half that was easier to get to, what remains will be more expensive and risky to get.... 2- it does pollute and contribute a lot to global warming, and... 3- you can make all kinds of useful stuff out of it that we'll wish we could still make, when we run out of really really low on it.

Therefor, the developed countries of this planet will need to transition their energy infrastructure away from oil (and other fossil fuels) to renewables. They will -HAVE- to do so, or sink into a new Stone Age. The countries leading the way will also lead the world's economy.

Where do you want the USA to be, in this process? Leading the way, or sinking into the Stone Age?

I hope that was relatively clear.

- DSK

• Like 7

1 hour ago, F395 said:

I hate both sides. 

Err on the side of decency. 

• Like 2

Well done Sean. Trump has a flawed pedigree and is a disgrace to the office he holds. How can this divisive narcissist be good for the Country and a role model for America’s children. Biden’s comment that it’s not about blue states and red states, it’s about the United States will win him many votes from undecided voters. As for the oil thing, the world and its mother knows that there must be a move away from reliance on oil. It’s a finite resource and the nettle must be grasped. You cannot make an omelette without breaking eggs.

• Like 7

Most of the Biden supporters who watched the debate have already cast ballots. 

The Trump supporters who watched the debate have seen much worse from Donnie and have stuck with him. 

one thing is certain. 
High voter turnout helps Drmocrsts. If you want Trumo to win, it is your civic duty keep the number of voters down!!! Stay Home For Trump 2020!!! 

• Like 2

I listened to a few minutes and was impressed by Trump. 

He managed to sound almost like a reasonable human being for some answers. I'm talking purely about the tone and delivery, the content was the usual stew of lies and bullshit. They must have tweaked the drug cocktail, less speed and a touch of Xanax or Valium.

Apparently the WaPo lie tally is running over two months behind due to the sheer volume of lies, they need an extra 100+ staff to keep up with Donnie's daily output of bullshit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, benwynn said:

He said he wants to control the emissions from fracking.  What the fuck the fuck does that mean?

Emissions?

pull my finger 

Did I hear Trump say wind turbines were powered by fumes rising up?:wacko:

52 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

He doesn’t like wind power. My bet would be that he has a bunch of petro stock in his portfolio.  

Since President Trump has done so much for the Black community, why do the racists stay with him?  They can recognize THAT as bullshit.  Why not the rest?

10 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

I have excellent private insurance and always have... MediCare whenever I go off private and VA as a backup ... damn sure don’t need or want Government run HC 

I was ignoring until Nov 4 but this is too stupid. I DONT WANT THAT COMMIE GOVT HEALTHCARE EXCEPT FOR MEDICARE AND THE VA!!!!

5 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

I was ignoring until Nov 4 but this is too stupid. I DONT WANT THAT COMMIE GOVT HEALTHCARE EXCEPT FOR MEDICARE AND THE VA!!!!

I don’t want it.... it but I paid for it so I will use it..

I paid Biggly for the VA

and had my wages garnished for 55 years for SS and Medicare 

6 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

I paid Biggly for the VA

0B3816FE-0871-43EA-B39C-AF5AE342BD2C.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:
8 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

I paid Biggly for the VA

Hey stupid.... EVERYBODY pays for it.

Not everybody gets its. It's like welfare.

I am also entitled to VA health care but fortunately I can afford my own

- DSK

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

No. He said that the fumes rose up during the manufacturing process.

34 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

0B3816FE-0871-43EA-B39C-AF5AE342BD2C.gif

F6C795D1-05AA-4C80-B399-0A4A7028685D.jpeg

11 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

I have excellent private insurance and always have... MediCare whenever I go off private and VA as a backup ... damn sure don’t need or want Government run HC 

Ummm Med care and VA are Govt run programs..  

If said before cause it is so frigging obvious, Cary on.  

10 hours ago, bhyde said:

Looks like trump is wearing a diaper. 

Mystery solved..  When he does that stupid weird smile as he leans back and pretends to write notes...  HE IS TAKING A FUCKING LEAK RIGHT INFRONT OF US!!!!!

So, since I shared some very personal experiences in the ACB thread I might as well share this one as well - the year was 1975, I was flying to Whitehorse, Yukon territory to play a month long gig at The Devil's Inferno there (side note, awesome 4 weeks, highlight of the months long trek across NA, loved the people and scenery) and my seat mate asked what I did, shared he had studied violin in Europe so we talked music (I have a undergrad degree in that) and was most pleasant and so I asked what he did there and he told me he was a priest at the Catholic Church there. So every week he would come to the bar with the local civic group and after a couple of weeks I said if you are going to hear me I might as well drag my ass up on Sunday morning and go to yours.  Of course I was the only one in the band interested, a small church and the most spiritual experience I can ever remember. Very moving.  Quite different from the protestant hell fire and brimstone sermons I grew up with. So is there a point to all of this? Yes.

Last night Biden was the priest and Trump the preacher.  If anyone requires clarification just pm me. 

12 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Dude, you are being sarcastic right?  Did you forget the purple font?  

12 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

You do understand MediCare is private corporations citizens subscribe to and receive their care from private doctors in private hospitals... both the finest in the world 

YCMTSU!  But apparently you can.  

12 hours ago, benwynn said:

What "Government Run HC", either existing or proposed, does not involve care from private doctors in private hospitals?   Did you think Obama care involved health care administered by government officials?   Think this through.  You can do this.

Well, technically - VA hospitals and Military base hospitals are not private hospitals with private doctors and both are gov't run.  But I agree with your overall point.  Medicare is a gov't run healthcare plan, whether bozo-squared thinks it is or not.

12 hours ago, benwynn said:
12 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

A line somewhere on the internet: if Trump’s makeup were any darker he wouldn’t rent himself an apartment.

This is the shit that has me coming back here.

:lol:

11 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Subtle about what?  I've been outspoken in my criticism of the orange menace.  And I've already mailed in my vote for biden.  Hence why I didn't bother to watch the debate.  Not interested in seeing two old white guys shout at each other and make fools of themselves.  I just want this whole shitshow over with so we can get on with some sense of normality - if that's even possible after the last 4 years of this clown act and then the trainwreck of 2020 on top of it.  

I've said this before, but sadly neither party at the moment is up to the task of addressing the real reforms that are needed to fix the gaping chest wound in this country that COVID exposed.  I'm just hoping the democRATs at least take a "do no MORE harm" approach.  Because shitstain's party certainly didn't live by that motto.  

And I don't believe it for an instant, but...... IF Daddy Biden is dirty, then it will just be more of BTBD.  I had originally thought torching the GOP would be enough.  But if both parties burn and we start over with a really fresh start, I wouldn't shed a tear either.  

11 hours ago, Mike G said:

Doesn't look like she shows them to the donald either.

I'm trying to understand her continued support for this asshole and I'm coming up empty for reasons.  He's repeatedly cheated on her, treats her like shit on the bottom of his shoe, and barely acknowledges her presence.  I would have said she's just waiting for him to die so she can take his $$ since I'm sure there is a pretty airtight pre-nup.  But given his tax returns say he is pretty much broke and likely going to jail after this is all over - I don't see why she would bother sticking around.  In fact there may be some legal collateral damage for here if she is still his wife when the hammer comes down on him.  If she publically and dramatically dumped him, especially during an election - 1) it might cause him to finally stroke out and 2) she would likely be able to make some big coin off the morning talk show circuit as the most talked about "battered woman" in the US.  

The ONLY thing I can come up with is he has some pretty significant dirt on her keeping her quiet and compliant.  Maybe she's the cast off illegitimate daughter of Putin he had with one of his mistresses and gave her to trump as a kind of way to keep trump both indebted and have someone in the royal family to keep an eye on him.  Very GOT-like.  

11 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I'm trying to understand her continued support for this asshole and I'm coming up empty for reasons. 

She is a piece of shit eastern european karen who loves his racism and the fact he believes he is superior to everyone, just like most eastern european karens and their leaders believe.  Scumbags of a feather...

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Hey stupid.... EVERYBODY pays for it.

Not everybody gets its. It's like welfare.

- DSK

BB is just another taker, living on govt largesse and bitching that others do as well.

11 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Forget him paying taxes, we are going to have to give this billionaire a bailout just to go away.

Why do we want him to go away?  We can just give him free room and board.  And an orange jumpsuit.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

She is a piece of shit eastern european karen who loves his racism and the fact he believes he is superior to everyone, just like most eastern european karens and their leaders believe.  Scumbags of a feather...

Well, there is that.  

37 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Dude, you are being sarcastic right?  Did you forget the purple font?  

No, he is not. 

8 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Vain and stupid.

I'll take "fashion models" for 2000, Alex

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Actually you're not, anymore.  VA just instituted a new rule change and they do a means test to judge your eligibility.  I just recently applied for VA HC and was denied for the fact that I make too much.

8 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Actually you're not, anymore.  VA just instituted a new rule change and they do a means test to judge your eligibility.  I just recently applied for VA HC and was denied for the fact that I make too much.

Who signed that new rule into place and how is that OK?

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

No clue.  All I know is I got a letter just last week denying access to VA HC because I earn too much.  I wish I had kept it now.  

13 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

So you are fat and happy.

As a country, our health care system is extremely costly, produces sub-standard results in our society and leaves many unattended.

Don't die in your blubber and raise everyone's rates.

2 minutes ago, hasher said:

So you are fat and happy.

As a country, our health care system is extremely costly, produces sub-standard results in our society and leaves many unattended.

Don't die in your blubber and raise everyone's rates.

Bull shit

Hmm. Looks like the means test was added in 1996 and was income based, and in 2003, the Bush admin added net worth as an evaluative factor, reducing the number of vets that the VA needed to care for for free.  Obama admin removed the net worth factor in 2015.  Was it just about income or did they ask you for your asset values as well?  

12 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

That has always been the case

Just now, BravoBravo said:

Bull shit

Did you suck the bull off before he shit on your face?

6 minutes ago, Burning Man said:
10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
11 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

No clue.  All I know is I got a letter just last week denying access to VA HC because I earn too much.  I wish I had kept it now.  

Oh well, at least they're not going to take away my birthday, or cut my hair short and put me on a tin can.

Not the first time the gov't has jerked the rug out from under promised benefits. Bad idea, loyalty is impossible to regain once lost. In my experience, Repub administrations are only slightly worse for this tendency than Dem. What will Uncle Sam do if he wants to hold a war, and nobody will come?

- DSK

10 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Bull shit

Hmmmm, let's see.

Average lifespan by country: 

Infant mortality by country (we are 33th of 36 OECD countries)

image.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.32.19 AM.png

11 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

That has always been the case

Wrong, again.

Hmm. Looks like the means test was added in 1996 and was income based, and in 2003, the Bush admin added net worth as an evaluative factor, reducing the number of vets that the VA needed to care for for free.  Obama admin removed the net worth factor in 2015.  Was it just about income or did they ask you for your asset values as well?  

I declined to fill out the financial worksheet as the online app site implied that it was irrelevant if other boxes were ticked such as serving time in a combat zone.  So I skipped it, knowing that last year's salary was WAAAY over their limit anyway.  Maybe I'll try again.  It's not a big deal as I still have access to my retired healthcare insurance.  But they have a nice shiny new VA hospital literally a couple of miles from my new house, so it seemed like it would be convenient to use since the wait times to get on base are quite long.   <Shrug>

• Like 1

Wrong, again.

Is he still wrong if he believes he is right?  I mean, like REALLY believes it.  Strongly believes it.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Is he still wrong if he believes he is right?  I mean, like REALLY believes it.  Strongly believes it.

Yugely believes it?

12 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Trump needed a knockout but he lost this debate in spite of his more subdued but fact free performance.

He can only knock out his base.  The rest of America knows the guy is a pathological liar. 

How can you compare the candidates when one guy lies all the time?

15 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I declined to fill out the financial worksheet as the online app site implied that it was irrelevant if other boxes were ticked such as serving time in a combat zone.  So I skipped it, knowing that last year's salary was WAAAY over their limit anyway.  Maybe I'll try again.  It's not a big deal as I still have access to my retired healthcare insurance.  But they have a nice shiny new VA hospital literally a couple of miles from my new house, so it seemed like it would be convenient to use since the wait times to get on base are quite long.   <Shrug>

That sucks.   If the government doesn't have to make healthcare available to all americans, it should at least do so for those for the poor, for the elderly, and for those who sacrificed so much of their lives, health, and education (can't resist, sorry) to serve in the military.  

11 hours ago, The Joker said:

British Petroleum ( that's a big original oil company with the word 'Petroleum' in its name) has announced a  self initiative to reduce crude oil production by 40 percent within the next 10 years  and more heavily invest in alternative fuels.  Biden misspoke his platform  is based on reducing incentives to big oil.       Some people can look past election day.  And the USA is not energy self sufficient today.. not even close.   I think people realize he stammers and is not a great public speaker.  You can always clarify and repair mis-statements. You cant fix stupid.  

15 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

British Petroleum ( that's a big original oil company with the word 'Petroleum' in its name) has announced a  self initiative to reduce crude oil production by 40 percent within the next 10 years  and more heavily invest in alternative fuels.  Biden misspoke his platform  is based on reducing incentives to big oil.       Some people can look past election day.  And teh USA is not energy self sufficient today.. not even close.  

The USA is able to be self sufficient in almost all goods.

The trick now is to address climate change.  It will happen.  Do you know the definition of it? 

25 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

That sucks.   If the government doesn't have to make healthcare available to all americans, it should at least do so for those for the poor, for the elderly, and for those who sacrificed so much of their lives, health, and education (can't resist, sorry) to serve in the military.  

I have to say, if you're paying a-fucking-ttention, you can learn a hell of a lot in the military. Thru official training and otherwise. I don't particularly identify myself as a vet or military guy, but my time in the Navy turned my life around completely.

[edit to add] that doesn't mean I'm happy that Uncle Sam yanked away over half the stuff they promised me back when I signed up to possibly get killed or maimed.

- DSK

52 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Why do we want him to go away?  We can just give him free room and board.  And an orange jumpsuit.  

Well he does like orange.

12 hours ago, The Joker said:

Yes, it is very sad that so many refuse to recognize the damage the oil industry is doing to our planet.

25 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

British Petroleum ( that's a big original oil company with the word 'Petroleum' in its name) has announced a  self initiative to reduce crude oil production by 40 percent within the next 10 years  and more heavily invest in alternative fuels.  Biden misspoke his platform  is based on reducing incentives to big oil.       Some people can look past election day.  And the USA is not energy self sufficient today.. not even close.   I think people realize he stammers and is not a great public speaker.  You can always clarify and repair mis-statements. You cant fix stupid.  

That really has nothing to do with what Biden said. BP is looking long term, as a international corporation to diversify.  They will still do 60% of their business with oil.  Biden stayed he wants it gone. And yes he needed to clarify and yes renewables are important but it doesn’t change the fact that most in the oil industry will view it as a major threat from the Democrats.   Depending on how Trump handles it, that blunt statement may have just cost Biden PA 

Just now, Swimsailor said:

Yes, it is very sad that so many refuse to recognize the damage the oil industry is doing to our planet.

I'm looking forward to self driving cars with non polluting power plants.

For now, living where I can walk to work, for leisure and for pleasure seems appropriate. 

I can’t figure out how a dumbphuck like me can have good health care in multiple options and you smarter guys are struggling to find it ... hmmm