11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And yet the US pollution emissions continue to  drop.  
Trump is correct. Get the rest of the world especially China and India to meet our current levels.  Only then should we look at what the US should change. 

Waa-aa-a!! That other kid shit in the sandbox, now you won't let me shit in it too! Waaa-aa-waaa-a

It's not just unfair, it's SO-O unfair!!

- DSK

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

where do you find these nuggets of ignorance? It's truly impressive.

He pans for them in the toilet.

17 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Trump is correct. Get the rest of the world especially China and India to meet our current levels.  Only then should we look at what the US should change. 

OK, then Do it, Go ahead...  Using all the avenues open to our government..  Get er done..  

Also, OK, lets wait and see what a Foreign country does so we can base our policies on them.  If that were the policy we would all living in fucking Mordor.  "Fuck the planet, "We Gotta Beat China"". 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Or we could actually lead.  But that would require leadership.  

• Like 2

Both candidates did well last night as did the moderator. 

Biden was much better in the first 30-40 minutes till the Adderall started to wear off. The last half he stumbled quite a bit. Was not prepared for "who built the cages Joe".  

Trump did well by not being his own worst enemy. Trump got his two main messages in, Hunter's e-mails (now the media must take them at least partially seriously) and probably the biggest one, Joe's been there for 47 years and not done any of the things he now wants to do...  

I agree with D'Ranger's comment. Joe was the Priest and Trump was the preacher… The contrast brings the two religious roles in the old Poseidon Adventure movie to mind. 

Great to see the mute button was not needed. 

Trump needed this more than Joe. With the polls so close in many key states this debate may actually make a difference... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Biden was much better in the first 30-40 minutes till the Adderall started to wear off.

Adderall lasts 10-12 hours, low IQ individual.

16 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Both candidates did well last night as did the moderator. 

Biden was much better in the first 30-40 minutes till the Adderall started to wear off. The last half he stumbled quite a bit. Was not prepared for "who built the cages Joe".  

Trump did well by not being his own worst enemy. Trump got his two main messages in, Hunter's e-mails (now the media must take them at least partially seriously) and probably the biggest one, Joe's been there for 47 years and not done any of the things he now wants to do...  

I agree with D'Ranger's comment. Joe was the Priest and Trump was the preacher… The contrast brings the two religious roles in the old Poseidon Adventure movie to mind. 

Great to see the mute button was not needed. 

Trump needed this more than Joe. With the polls so close in many key states this debate may actually make a difference... 

Gee, we watched 2 different debates - Trump spent his time attacking Biden as if Biden was the incumbent. That plays well to the base, i.e folks like you. For the rest of us Biden did his best to lay out his vision for America while Trump did his usual attack dog growling. Hope springs eternal for those who are true believers. Trotting out the big October surprise worked last time because Hillary was not popular, this time it's the desperate rantings of a drowning man, my advice is don't go down with him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

and for those who sacrificed so much of their lives, health, and education (can't resist, sorry) to serve in the military.  

I know you keep harping on education lacking in the military, but it was a requirement for all officers in the USAF to get a master's degree to be eligible for promotion.  Even the enlisted ranks pushed a college education and threw money at them to get their degrees.  Anything much past Sr Airman or Staff Sgt, and they didn't get promoted without at least a Bachelor's degree.  

Officers also all go to various schools at different stages in their careers where academic scholarship and continued learning is emphasized.  And not just in military related only studies.  I attended both Air Command and Staff College (for Majors) and the Air War College (for Lt Cols) because they were mandatory.  Both, especially AWC, was like being back in university again.  AWC was a year long school akin to a doctorate level study.  Many military officers have Doctorate degrees as well.  Many officers also are sent to prestigious public and private uni's at home and abroad as well on the gov'ts dime. 

So not sure where you get this idea that people who go into the military "sacrifice" their education?  I would say it's entirely the opposite.  The military probably emphasizes not only initial post HS education but also hammers on people for continuing education and study.  We even had an AF Chief of Staff back in the 2000s who mandated a monthly reading list for all officers from 2Lts through Brig Generals.  The required reading list covered the gamut from both general and military history, leadership, politics, economics, philosophy, science & tech, etc.   Other than maybe medical doctors and a few other fields, I defy you to find many fields that require as much on-going study and education as the military profession of arms does.  It's not all about killing and blowing shit up.  Educate yourself, Alan.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

you suck on the government teat

I have excellent private insurance, I get a annual physical from VA just to have a file open, I have not started Medicare even though I am years past eligibility 

1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:

I have excellent private insurance, I get a annual physical from VA just to have a file open, I have not started Medicare after a decade of eligibility 

But when you do - you will be fully sucking on the gov't tit and using gov't run healthcare..  

17 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

not if nots time release

4-6 if you snort it

• Like 1

Just now, Burning Man said:

But when you do - you will be fully sucking on the gov't tit and using gov't run healthcare..  

No I be using a system I have paid into 

Just now, BravoBravo said:

What difference does it make who paid for it?  It will STILL be a gov't run HC system.  Who the fuck do you think administers and manages Medicare?  And the VA?

7 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I know you keep harping on education lacking in the military, but it was a requirement for all officers in the USAF to get a master's degree to be eligible for promotion.  Even the enlisted ranks pushed a college education and threw money at them to get their degrees.  

Officers also all go to various schools at different stages in their careers where academic scholarship and continued learning is emphasized.  And not just in military related only studies.  I attended both Air Command and Staff College (for Majors) and the Air War College (for Lt Cols) were mandatory.  Both, especially AWC, was like being back in university again.  AWC was a year long school akin to a doctorate level study.  Many military officers have Doctorate degrees as well.  Many officers also are sent to prestigious public and private uni's at home and abroad as well. 

So not sure where you get this idea that people who go into the military "sacrifice" their education?  I would say it's entirely the opposite.  The military probably emphasizes not only initial post HS education but also hammer's on people for continuing education and study.  We even had an AF Chief of Staff who mandated a monthly reading list for all officers from 2Lts through Brig Generals.  The required reading list covered the gamut from both general and military history, leadership, politics, economics, philosophy, science & tech, etc.   Other than maybe medical doctors and a few other fields, I defy you to find many fields that require as much on-going study and education as the military profession of arms does.  It's not all about killing and blowing shit up.  Educate yourself, Alan.  

I had some professional interaction with US military personnel during my time as a software engineer.  I have to agree with Jeff here, these were smart, well-educated people.  I always wondered why they didn't find work with a company whose main business goal wasn't dead people.

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

What difference does it make who paid for it?  It will STILL be a gov't run HC system.  Who the fuck do you think administers and manages Medicare?  And the VA?

He's gotta convince himself he is not sucking off the government teat.  He won't convince anyone else. 

Hypocrisy, pure and simple.

1 minute ago, Rain Man said:

I had some professional interaction with US military personnel during my time as a software engineer.  I have to agree with Jeff here, these were smart people.  I always wondered why they didn't find work with a company whose main business goal wasn't dead people.

Thanks, of course, like any demographic - we have our share of whackadoodles.  But IME, the vast military of the military officers I've met and hung out with are some of the most intelligent, well educated, well read, well rounded and well informed group of people I've ever met.  

I think Clean is under the false impression that all military officers come through the Service Academies.  He is grossly mistaken.  In fact only a few go through the academies.  And while they are excellent schools, the grads tend to be fairly stovepipped and somewhat socially stunted.  The vast majority of Mil officers go through normal US universities - public and private.  Some are average schools, some excellent schools.  Just like everyone else in the US who has a college degree.  I had a pilot buddy of mine who graduated from Harvard.  However, he flew F-16s, so he couldn't be all that bright......  :P

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He's gotta convince himself he is not sucking off the government teat.  He won't convince anyone else. 

Hypocrisy, pure and simple.

Yep

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Thanks for making my point! 

Thanks, of course, like any demographic - we have our share of whackadoodles.  But IME, the vast military of the military officers I've met and hung out with are some of the most intelligent, well educated, well read, well rounded and well informed group of people I've ever met.  

I think Clean is under the false impression that all military officers come through the Service Academies.  He is grossly mistaken.  In fact only a few go through the academies.  And while they are excellent schools, the grads tend to be fairly stovepipped and somewhat socially stunted.  The vast majority of Mil officers go through normal US universities - public and private.  Some are average schools, some excellent schools.  Just like everyone else in the US who has a college degree.  I had a pilot buddy of mine who graduated from Harvard.  However, he flew F-16s, so he couldn't be all that bright......  :P

Played against the cadets, at USAFA and at home.  The shit those guys go through is insane...  It was always funny when they showed up with the bus, in suits and proceeded to take any and all aggressions out on us... (Rugby).  I think we split in the 4 yrs I played.  Boy could those guys party..  Hold their liquor, not so much, but they certainly could party...  ;)

1 minute ago, BravoBravo said:
12 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Thanks for making my point! 

That you're a clueless hypocrite?  You're more than welcome.  It took no effort on my part though......

8 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Says more about you than them. The blunt laws of military life prevent well rounding. Easy example is weed.

1 minute ago, shaggy said:

Played against the cadets, at USAFA and at home.  The shit those guys go through is insane...  It was always funny when they showed up with the bus, in suits and proceeded to take any and all aggressions out on us... (Rugby).  I think we split in the 4 yrs I played.  Boy could those guys party..  Hold their liquor, not so much, but they certainly could party...  ;)

It's called lack of practice.  It's not like they get to have keggers there in the dorms on a regular basis.  

It's called lack of practice.  It's not like they get to have keggers there in the dorms on a regular basis.  

Come on man, I t was kegs on the sidelines, 1/2 time was a heater and a pitcher...  :P.   And I was the hooker running it all...  :)

Just now, shaggy said:

Come on man, I t was kegs on the sidelines, 1/2 time was a heater and a pitcher...  :P

This is what I remember from the times I played against them on their home pitch-- kegs lined up on the sidelines...

5 minutes ago, shaggy said:

And I was the hooker running it all...  :)

Did you at least make good money as a working girl? :lol:

35 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Did you at least make good money as a working girl? :lol:

U have been to USAFA I am sure...  How difficult is it to get in there in a working role???  <_<  Was going to go down for the NHL thing last yr??  Weather sucked so we did not go, but apparently it was a shit show.  From what I saw on the T&V, It looked worse than on a sat after a gm.  Worse I have seen it.  It took like 4 hrs to get the cars out the gates..  

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Trump spent his time attacking Biden as if Biden was the incumbent.

This is a very good observation.  I kept yelling at the TV that Biden isn’t President.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

I laugh when people write crap like that.  You would have a point with coal, but oil is still the most efficient and cheapest energy source on the planet, add on that  NG is a very clean source of power.   Fossil fuels are here to stay for at least 50+ years     I suggest you look at what modern society uses oil for.  It’s not just fuel. 

Maybe worry more about educating this ignorant motherucker, LOL.

3 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

How is that green energy going to heat and cool homes and buildings... LoL it simply doesn’t work on any scale other than patio lights 

You had me at dumbphuck.

2 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Or we could actually lead.  But that would require leadership.  

We are leading.  We are way ahead of China, Russia and India on emissions.  

Anyone that wants to fuck over our economy by making unrealistic emission standards, WHILE allowing our competitors to not have to conform for decades is a traitor to this country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

You still don't understand...

EVERYONE pays into it.

- DSK

9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
2 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

EVERYONE pays into it.

- DSK

Bravo² seems to be losing whatever command of the English language he once had. Bladder control is next, if it hasn't already happened. 

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

EVERYONE pays into it.

- DSK

Not the loinfomofo base of the DNC ... not that EVERYONE... living off layers of taxpayer programs and the black markets 

17 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Anyone that wants to fuck over our economy by making unrealistic emission standards, WHILE allowing our competitors to not have to conform for decades is a traitor to this country. 

Unrealistic?  By who's estimation?  Oil companies?  lol

Anyone who allows simple climate change measures to languish while sea levels rise, storms get stronger, drought increases and thousands die or are displaced WHILE providing subsidies to the polluting industries for decades is a traitor to this country.

Just now, Swimsailor said:

Anyone who allows simple climate change measures to languish while sea levels rise, storms get stronger, drought increases and thousands die or are displaced WHILE providing subsidies to the polluting industries for decades is a traitor to this country.

We have cleaner air and water today than 50 years ago, with many more people and vehicles 

27 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So an externion of Trump tarriffs are in order, then. Cool.

6 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

We have cleaner air and water today than 50 years ago, with many more people and vehicles 

How did THAT happen?

50 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

And the research indicates that it is already beginning to get dirtier thanks to four years of shutting down enforcement of environmental regulations.  Next year we will see our dirtiest air since the 70s thanks to you and Donny.

56 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Not by chance. Much of it caused by regulations and prodding.

Meanwhile, 2 new solar installations coming to Texas, the one in East Texas where a strip coal mine was shut in 2016.  well hello Donnie, well hell donnie.  The company has plans to shutter other coal mines and coal fired generation and replacing with renewables.  https://www.kltv.com/2020/10/22/two-solar-farms-set-be-constructed-east-texas/

buncha dang hippies. 

And the research indicates that it is already beginning to get dirtier thanks to four years of shutting down enforcement of environmental regulations.  Next year we will see our dirtiest air since the 70s thanks to you and Donny.

The only thing that will stop that record from being set is Donnie's other record - World's worst Covid-19 response.  Lots of cars off the road and planes on the ground.  

7 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Because she craves the status and money she only has through him. Vain and stupid.

Possibly. It's also possible the Trump has threatened to take her child in a future divorce if she doesn't behave and play "perfect"

Seriously, would you think he and his lawyers wouldn't use that threat?

I'm no fan of Melania's but I can intuit some of what she may be being forced to endure.

6 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

How is that green energy going to heat and cool homes and buildings... LoL it simply doesn’t work on any scale other than patio lights 

Just how stupid are you?

About 1 in 4 Australian homes have rooftop solar panels, a larger share than in any other major economy, and the rate of installations far outpaces the global average. The country is well ahead of Germany, Japan and California, which are widely considered leaders in clean energy. In California, which leads U.S. states in the use of solar power, less than 10 percent of utility customers have rooftop solar panels.

Most Australians who have embraced solar do not appear to have done so for altruistic reasons like wanting to fight climate change. Many are responding to incentives offered by state governments in the absence of a coordinated federal approach, a sharp drop in the price of solar panels in recent years and an increase in electricity rates.

Politically conservative homeowners have also embraced solar to become less reliant on the electricity grid in keeping with the high value many Australians place on rugged individualism.

In two of the country’s most populous states — Queensland, a conservative stronghold, and New South Wales, home to left-leaning Sydney — as many as half of homes have solar panels.

“The future for New South Wales and indeed the country is one where our energy comes from sun, wind and pumped hydro, not just because it’s good for the environment but because it’s good for the economy,” said Matt Kean, minister for energy and environment in New South Wales.

“That’s one of the reasons we’ve got the highest penetration of rooftop solar anywhere on the planet,” he added. “People are doing that because they want to save money.”

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Not on a per capita basis idiot.... 

16292.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Just how stupid are you?

Given his posting history, I am surprised you had to ask.

Things I took away from the debate.

This was a proper debate.

The Moderator was excellent.

Trump. As usual, didn't answer a single question diretly when specifically asked to do so.

Lots of unverified statements 

He displayed his ignorance on environmental issues.

Introduced no new plans. Just rehashed 2016.

But the main take away was his total commitment to the Economy and Stock market over lives. This was displayed again and again with the Covid and environmental questions.

The really sad thing is that he didn't even blink when asked about the health and safety of Black and Hispanic workers working and living close to big polluters.

He just walked right past it claiming they were well paid. That would make any decent, thinking person, or indeed anyone working in those industries or living in those places recoil in horror and revulsion.

(and a small but notable, In both these debates with female mods, he's attemped to schmooze them, UGH!)

Biden . Let Trump get away with too much. Flubbed badly on the Oil production issue . Failed to drive home the point that for 8 years he was VP not president and for many of those years they had a hostile congress.

I admired the way he admitted that the crime act thing was a mistake.

Had solid policy to offer even though neither had the time to expand on policy.

13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Given his posting history, I am surprised you had to ask.

it was a rhetorical question.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Possibly. It's also possible the Trump has threatened to take her child in a future divorce if she doesn't behave and play "perfect"

I'm no fan of Melania's but I can intuit some of what she may be being forced to endure.

she isn't enduring shit.  she loves it.  give it a rest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zonker said:

Not on a per capita basis idiot.... 

16292.jpeg

Who gives a fuck about per capita? 
China emits almost double the US. Yet your chart shows them in fifth.   Why should we change our standards until China is at our level?  

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

That would make any decent, thinking person, or indeed anyone working in those industries or living in those places recoil in horror and revulsion.

Unfortunately around 40% of likely voters are neither thinking nor decent.  we are lucky it is smaller in the forums because of the higher education level of sailors.

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I thought you were a lawyer. You must know how often this shit happens. Say what you will about the woman. She does love her son. 

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Unfortunately around 40% of likely voters are neither thinking nor decent.  we are lucky it is smaller in the forums because of the higher education level of sailors.

I'd think Trumps lack of care for the health and safety of workers in those polluting industries just might resonate with those workers. Educated or not you snob.

8 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

So glad you asked ...

A final investment decision is yet to be made, but if all goes to plan for Sun Cable construction is expected to start in late 2023 with solar energy to reach Darwin in 2026 and Singapore the following year.

Newcastle Waters Station in Northern Territory earmarked for world's biggest solar farm

12789718-16x9-xlarge.jpg?v=3

Gosh... Who Knew That solar energy didn't work.... I get around $1,000.00 back from the power co. every year now that I had a few bugs  worked out. They power a lot more than patio lights.

Yes, it's not quite the ROI I had been promised by the solar salesman, but as with all salesmen/women, from used car dealers, to real estate agents, to insurance brokers.... They all lie to make a sale. Anyone ever heard of a guy named "Donald Trump"?

22 minutes ago, The Joker said:

People who can do math

People who believe in responsibility

- DSK

15 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

If we could get another hundred or so countries to agree to that we might get somewhere.  China, India and Russia would be a good start.

OH, what am I thinking, they all AGREE to that, they just don't ACT on it.

10 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

If we could get another hundred or so countries to agree to that we might get somewhere.  China, India and Russia would be a good start.

OH, what am I thinking, they all AGREE to that, they just don't ACT on it.

I'm confused..I thought the USA USA USA was the world's leader in everything?:wacko:

30 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I'd think Trumps lack of care for the health and safety of workers in those polluting industries just might resonate with those workers. Educated or not you snob.

Ooh Mel.

You are so far off the mark with that assumption (lack of care re worker health would resonate with the workers) here in the US. I laughed out loud when I read that. 

It was low skilled blue collar that voted him in.  Health and safety is largely considered to be a hindrance than a help in many blue collar industries here.

Very little of that pansy fluoro high vis over here. 

And like it or not,  blue collar less than college educated is Trump's base.

8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Waa-aa-a!! That other kid shit in the sandbox, now you won't let me shit in it too! Waaa-aa-waaa-a

It's not just unfair, it's SO-O unfair!!

- DSK

Kind of funny, but backwards.

More like, the USA has shit in over 50% of the sandbox, wants to maintain its shit coverage but stop anyone else from shitting there, because that's sooo - oo unfair.

Mind you I'm in agreement that China and India et al should stop shitting in the sandbox because it's a global problem, but still - logs & motes...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Many are responding to incentives offered by state governments

Tax rebates are the wrong reason to install grid-tied photovoltaic.

Most Australians who have embraced solar do not appear to have done so for altruistic reasons like wanting to fight climate change.

It's the altruism that should actually be the reason for going solar.

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I dunno, if she was loving that shit - you would at least see her smile and enjoy herself and take advantage of the office and it's perks.  However, everytime you see her in public - it looks like she's having a gun held to her head just to be there.  So I'm not sure I'm completely buying your angle on this.  

47 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Kind of funny, but backwards.

More like, the USA has shit in over 50% of the sandbox, wants to maintain its shit coverage but stop anyone else from shitting there, because that's sooo - oo unfair.

Mind you I'm in agreement that China and India et al should stop shitting in the sandbox because it's a global problem, but still - logs & motes...

I completely agree. And attitudes like Bx2 are very common, very negative thinking here. High consumption, even waste, is good and a sign of a desirable life style. Our community was considering charging by the pound for garbage pick-up and disposal, you should have heard the uproar.

Plastic waste is going to choke out everything before these people get a clue

- DSK

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Melania was a birther. Melania is wife #3. She’s a selfish narcissistic cunt and deserves the prison her husband put himself and her in. 

Trophy brides need a Union just like Prostitutes have. After all, they cop more hate.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Well, we care because it is a rational way to look at the world . . 

It's that left wing numeracy thing  . . 

59 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Trophy brides need a Union just like Prostitutes have. After all, they cop more hate.:rolleyes:

Hey, have fun with “All Eva wanted was a ring and her Schatzi: new perspectives in Fuhrerbunker Romance”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Hey, have fun with “All Eva wanted was a ring and her Schatzi: new perspectives in Fuhrerbunker Romance

With all due respect, Trump was simply a brash businessman busily going bankrupt when they married in 2005. She was probably unaware of the latter. 

She's probably not a terribly deep woman but I really don't get the hate. She's only done what millions of women do all over the world, sold herself. At least Prostitutes and escorts only have to sell their bodies and minds and  pretend to worship their clients temporarily.

Trophy brides have to pretend 24/7 365 days a year.

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Melania was a birther. Melania is wife #3. She’s a selfish narcissistic cunt and deserves the prison her husband put himself and her in. 

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

She was a paid escort living in a near flophouse in the cheap part of town.  Donald Trump, with his taste for spray-painted arm candy bought into her cheesy make-up and fake boobs. 

Her reaction when she first saw his pasty blob of a body was simply:  "Oh Donald, you look so much better with your wallet on!"

It's not "hate" we feel for her, just deep regret that our "Shining City on the Hill" has come to be occupied by a grifter and a hooker.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

At least Prostitutes and escorts only have to sell their bodies and minds and  pretend to worship their clients temporarily.

That’s the difference between the gig economy and a contracted retainer.

15 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

With all due respect, Trump was simply a brash businessman busily going bankrupt when they married in 2005. She was probably unaware of the latter. 

She's probably not a terribly deep woman but I really don't get the hate. She's only done what millions of women do all over the world, sold herself. At least Prostitutes and escorts only have to sell their bodies and minds and  pretend to worship their clients temporarily.

Perhaps I am wrong, but to me it looks like she isn't pretending anymore.  She hardly appears at all with shitstain in public, almost never smiles, and her body language when she is with him is "don't fucking touch me".

21 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

It's not "hate" we feel for her, just deep regret that our "Shining City on the Hill" has come to be occupied by a grifter and a hooker.  

Is that her fault? Did she ask to be first lady?

Seriously, I thought this "must have presentable wife" shit went out with "MadMen" or at least overtly so.<_<

You blokes are such hypocrites 

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Seriously, I thought this "must have presentable wife" shit went out with "MadMen" or at least overtly so.<_<

That "Presentable wife" shit is burned into corporate culture and certainly Washington DC, where the world happens at Georgetown dinner parties and gets rubber stamped in Congress.

39 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I seriously don't give a fuck pro or con about Melania. She's wife No 3, she got there by fucking Trump while he was still married to wife No 2, who got there by fucking Trump while he was still married to wife No 1.

Agree she likely wasn't ever expecting to be subject to this sort of scrutiny but - shrug. I simply don't care, do you?

If anything I feel a little sorry for her getting *that* dud of a human being to marry her. I hope she's found it worth it.

FKT

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I seriously don't give a fuck pro or con about Melania. She's wife No 3, she got there by fucking Trump while he was still married to wife No 2, who got there by fucking Trump while he was still married to wife No 1.

Agree she likely wasn't ever expecting to be subject to this sort of scrutiny but - shrug. I simply don't care, do you?

If anything I feel a little sorry for her getting *that* dud of a human being to marry her. I hope she's found it worth it.

FKT

pretty much, except if she was planning her "retirement" around 2015-18  she must really want trump to lose by now. Trump and presidents call the divorce shots, not the other way round

31 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Not feeling very hypocritical about anything. 

My theoretical hypocrisy resides in what?   That I think the current "FLOTUS" was a tart?  That neither her or her "husband" are worthy of their attention or their position?  That I don't find her physically attractive and I find him abhorrent?  That I think money can buy way too much in our world and it bought our presidency and his wife?  That I recognize that the meat market for arm candy is alive and well with buyers and sellers and it certainly finds fertile soil in D.C.?

So, in your catch all "you blokes", what do you have to do to gain membership in the hypocrite club?   Marry an ugly woman for her money?

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

Not feeling very hypocritical about anything. 

My theoretical hypocrisy resides in what?   That I think the current "FLOTUS" was a tart?  That neither her or her "husband" are worthy of their attention or their position?  That I don't find her physically attractive and I find him abhorrent?  That I think money can buy way too much in our world and it bought our presidency and his wife?  That I recognize that the meat market for arm candy is alive and well with buyers and sellers and it certainly finds fertile soil in D.C.?

So, in your catch all "you blokes", what do you have to do to gain membership in the hypocrite club?   Marry an ugly woman for her money?

you think the Flotus is a tart?

Would you care to define "tart"

you think the Flotus is a tart?

Would you care to define "tart"

She's not the first and won't be the last woman to marry a rich man in order to get a lifestyle that her talents can't get for her in any other way.

Everyone should just let it go. He's an arsehole, she's just a not too bright woman who used what she had to get a comfortable and hopefully more secure future. It certainly can't be pleasant dealing with that obese arsehole. As I said, I feel somewhat sorry for her. Not a lot because of his track record but some.

FKT

• Like 1

Yes, she did ask to be first lady.  There is some old interview out there in the tubes by Chris Wallace I think, of Trump and Melania before they were married where Trump was saying he was going to be president and Melania said she expected to be the first lady.  Despite what Trump says, he has wanted to be president for a long time and has spent lots of (probably other people's) money in the quest.  Shit my ex MIL was all over his run against Obama the first time .  It was weird seeing someone so in awe of a candidate, especially someone like Trump.   So yeah, Melania knew what was coming and signed up for it.  Absolutely no sympathy and quite a bit of disgust, not that she or anyone else cares.

16 hours ago, The Joker said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions_per_capita

you should know better than to just re spout the crap that spews from trumps mouth without at least a passing fact check

or to put it simply

no .. he was lying .. as usual