Sign in to follow this  
hasher

My tomb

This is morbid.

I'm not planning to have a grave site that people walk past and wonder.

My ashes can fly in the wind.

After the days are gone, I'd like people to know I tried.

• Like 2

I expect that I'll be dumped in the sea at some point.... Probably as ashes. I certainly don't want a grave site and coffin.

I should probably write this all out somewhere other than here....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I expect that I'll be dumped in the sea at some point.... Probably as ashes. I certainly don't want a grave site and coffin.

I should probably write this all out somewhere other than here....

Thisse poeste shoude be enuffe, welle looke aftere it foire you, nevere feare.                               :)

I want whatever costs the least.  Wrap me up in a sheet, drop me in hole.  Paying for anything past that is retarded.

You can donate your corpse you a number of causes, that's likely cheaper than a sheet.

There was a book I read maybe fifteen years ago called "Stiff" that covered all sorts of uses for a bag of human meat

• Like 1

my folks have changed their minds over the years.  once it was over the ski slopes, once it was out over the ocean,  more recenlty its being spread aroun dthe grand canyon.

who knows what they'll want  next year...

My plan is to be cremated as well...

1 hour ago, Hatin' life said:

You can donate your corpse you a number of causes, that's likely cheaper than a sheet.

Donate the corpse to the closest university that has a gross human anatomy program.

1 hour ago, hasher said:

This is morbid.

16 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

Donate the corpse to the closest university that has a gross human anatomy program.

Why does it have to be gross? Can't it be a pretty anatomy program?

When we (my father, sister, cousin and I) put my mother's ashes in the sea, each taking a small handful to toss individually, as I did my toss, a gust of wind kicked up, and put a healthy dose of ash right in my mouth.... I said.... "Thanks Mom. Payback for naming my boat after you eh?"

I am to be cremated and my ashes spread in Poland and the US.  

My daughter knows my wishes and I have made the arrangements and prepaid the funeral home so upon my demise one phone call and they will handle it on both sides of the Atlantic.

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Why does it have to be gross? Can't it be a pretty anatomy program?

I'll play along.

You haven't seen many dead bodies have you.  In my experience, you see enough and you get used to it, but the majority of them are gross.

I agree with most others sentiments here, in this regard.  Burn me and put me wherever you want, but preferably some in the river or ocean.  When my Mom passed a few years ago, she had left specific instructions! Purchase the cheapest cardboard box to toast her in, not some thousand dollar pretty wooden coffin to impress people at a wake or reception. We still have some of her ashes, and I think Missus BB and I are going to sprinkle some around a statue we have of a Japanese woman from the garden of a friends deceased Mom.  It was called "Dorothy San", after the friends Mom, but now she calls it Mama San, and it reminds us of my Mom.

4 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I'll play along.

You haven't seen many dead bodies have you.  In my experience, you see enough and you get used to it, but the majority of them are gross.

I've seen many dead bodies. Some brutally decapitated (as if there's a non-brutal way), some shot, some burnt to a crisp, car wrecks, cancer deaths, and some just plain old died....

Yeah, I've seen dead bodies. You aren't the only expert on the subject here.

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I've seen many dead bodies. Some brutally decapitated (as if there's a non-brutal way), some shot, some burnt to a crisp, car wrecks, cancer deaths, and some just plain old died....

Yeah, I've seen dead bodies. You aren't the only expert on the subject here.

So were they gross in your opinion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hasher said:

This is morbid.

Tried what ?

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Tried what ?

I get the impression that Mr. Hasher has tried many things.

We poured a guy's ashes, along with a bottle of Crown Royal onto a windrow of hot asphalt concrete. Then the paver scooped him up and paved him into the westbound Lane of Highway 88. It was pretty cool. He's still there.

Wife and I went through the gymnastic a year ago... that is what is going to happen... talk about a weird feeling afterwards.. 

Anyway, I was hoping for a "real" Viking Funeral, currently they are not legal. But the industry does have a work around... not as cool as the real thing.. 

4 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Not most of them.

A few maybe, but sorry, pathetic, unfortunate.... The decapitations were perhaps the most "gross"... But I was pretty familiar with the live people involved in those instances....

Funerals and burials are for the living.   When I'm gone it doesn't matter to me what happens to my body.   My family may feel otherwise so they can do whatever makes them content.

I just hope it doesn't involve the toilet.

40 minutes ago, slap said:

Dying? Or disposing?  :lol:

5 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Perhaps you've seen more dead bodies than me. I don't really fucking care. I've seen enough, and I'll probably see more.

It's not a point of pride for me, but if you like it, so be it.

3 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Dying? Or disposing?  :lol:

Yes.

6 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Wouldn't that require 143 additional bodies?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, SPORTSCAR said:

Wouldn't that require 143 additional bodies?

Yes.... But a couple of dozen would make some college med schools happy.... Are you willing to donate early? ;)

Leave me where I fall, throw a tarp over me and manage the stink of the sake of the others.  Go on about your business.

5 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Perhaps you've seen more dead bodies than me. I don't really fucking care. I've seen enough, and I'll probably see more.

It's not a point of pride for me, but if you like it, so be it.

I'm sorry I have upset you.  I made my response somewhat tongue in cheek, going along with the pun.  It wasn't my intention to do anything else.

Can we still be friends?

I want a party on my birthday the following year.  

Cremate te body as cheap as possible and then on memorial weekend(my birthday is always that weekend) through an outdoor party.  Food, games ,swimming, make it last the day.  End it with a bonfire and toss my ashes inside the fire.

Let me go out as a fun memory that fades as the fire does.

My brother in law died of cancer at the relatively young age of 43, leaving behind a fantasticwife and two fantastic daughters. I grew up knowing him since we were about 11, longer than his wife did.

Before his coffin was closed, a few of us managed to slip a sneaky joint into his shirt pocket, just to ease his way into the next world.

When his ashes became available, I took some and placed them in various places where he had, in his youth, made certain “conquests” that his wife may not have been aware of.

I recall one conversation with him shortly before he died, and he told me he had decided about Heaven, God and all that. If it was all true, he would end up with those of his family and friends who had gone before, wherever that is. If it wasn’t true, he wouldn’t know anyway. Pragmatic, I thought.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

you guyes our friendes?

Well you know, kinda sorta internet acquaintances.  

1/2 my ashes in the Atlantic the other half in the Pacific.

Can you be an organ donor and still end up with ashes?

My brother was taking cousins out onto the lake to inter my aunt's remains. My cousins came into the YC bar and ordered a Brandy Manhattan.  Drink delivered my cousins pulled out a zip lock bag and poured the drink into it. Then they added the drink in the bag to the remains bag along with a few small stones to ensure negative buoyancy.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:12 PM, hasher said:

I woude of thouht a grotto, youre ashen remaines, and Bobbe Dylan pipped in en perpettuittey...........  fuckeng Hasher heaven.                  :)

• Like 1

Being converted to ashes is ok but I would prefer a fireworks rocket ride before I get dumped in the bay.

1 minute ago, cyclone said:

Being converted to ashes is ok but I would prefer a fireworks rocket ride before I get dumped in the bay.

I have an idea.  Perhaps volunteer as an astronaut on the first North Korea manned space mission.  Or Iranian.  Or Zimbabwean.  Or... (fill in the blanks...)

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Rest in pieces

when-hugh-hefner-dies-77997.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liquid said:

1/2 my ashes in the Atlantic the other half in the Pacific.

Largely depends on what proportion of your body is "Organ"

34 minutes ago, VWAP said:

when-hugh-hefner-dies-77997.png

72 Non-Virgins?

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 1:20 PM, slap said:

Funerals and burials are for the living.   When I'm gone it doesn't matter to me what happens to my body.   My family may feel otherwise so they can do whatever makes them content.

This. Have had the talk with family. My wish is they do whatever makes it best for them. I won't be there so not my call.

Of course I may be wrong and will be floating around watching. Then, if they disrespect me, I will haunt them. :D

I'm going to be dumped off the point on the right side of the pic.

About a mile from home.

image.png.beb4ffcdae1d1924586cb2a662f12440.png

On 10/23/2020 at 11:47 PM, Snaggletooth said:

you guyes our friendes?

Snaggy, sometimes the purple font is assumed.

I always thought that I will be cremated. Since I have no immediate family, I need to finalize this someday. I have another issue that needs to be addressed. I have an artificial hip joint. The metals used are somewhat exotic and there really is a small market for those in the aerospace industry. I wonder if the crematorium will sell it or throws it away and can that be used to defer the cost of cremation. My dad has a similar issue with both hips.

As far as ashes, my folks bought funeral plots many years ago for the family. He sold three to his brother for him, his wife, and daughter. My sister doesn't care anymore and my mom is in another plot with my dad's next to hers. It leaves one for me if I want it. Or maybe I will request to have my ashes put into the cats litter box. He might appreciate it.

I don't intend to occupy a 6' x 3' plot of land for eternity, or until someone in the future decides to pave over a local cemetery.  I will be burned and my ashes dumped off of Beavertail.

Not sure if I can afford it yet, but I would like to have my ashes shot into the Sun.

Start over again with star dust.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, Gissie said:

This. Have had the talk with family. My wish is they do whatever makes it best for them. I won't be there so not my call.

The only point I can make for "having wishes" is that it short-circuits any potential arguments.  "Dad wanted a casket!" "No, he didn't--he wanted to be in a Folger's can".  That kind of thing.

40 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

The only point I can make for "having wishes" is that it short-circuits any potential arguments.  "Dad wanted a casket!" "No, he didn't--he wanted to be in a Folger's can".  That kind of thing.

woudentte 'chock fulle of nuttes' be moire appropiatte?                                :)

26 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

woudentte 'chock fulle of nuttes' be moire appropiatte?                                :)

For me?  Absolutely.

• Like 1

My mother in law wants to be cut in half with part of her spread over Colorado and the other part near a ranch she and her husband had in New Mexico. She wants to be cremated, but she didn't specify that at the time.

Which led my wife and brothers in law to have a lengthy discussion about just how to go about cutting her in half. Vertically? Horizontally? Measured by weight? Measured by volume?

2 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Fair enough, but I don't really see that happening with my family. Of course I may be wrong and it could turn into a shit fight. Then again I won't be there to see and it would be just punishment if they think such behaviouris a good idea.