Sign in to follow this  
azar

Anyone know this design?

Looking for any information on this boat/design? Sorry image is sidewise??

Alikat.thumb.jpeg.3c9c2f3f6ffce4f724af8a6d2635a7e2.jpeg

Sorta looks like an early Grainger, but the sheer looks wrong... pretty boat though.

11 hours ago, ALL@SEA said:

Sorta looks like an early Grainger, but the sheer looks wrong... pretty boat though.

I was thinking early Grainger also, I googled Alikat and all that came up was ‘Tridon custom 28’. Looks like it sails in Pittwater but I’ve never heard of that design?

• Like 1

Update, I looked at this boat yesterday and it needs a lot of work but according to the plate attached to the boat it’s a Grainger. I contacted Tony but he doesn’t recognise the boat design or the name Alikat? He thinks it’s maybe a modified version of one of he’s designs. Boat is 8.3m with a beam of 4.8m. Looks like it spent a fair bit of time around Yeppoon?

ABBCC6B4-481F-4ACD-A09D-F6C3EA008AE6.jpeg

• Like 1

Alikat reminded me a bit of ‘Brandy Creek Ferry’ (hull shapes mainly) which was a Grainger also built by Peter O’Brien (if I remember correctly) B C Ferry was eventually bought by Keith Glover before he bought Trilogy. Anyone know if Peter is still building multis?

On 10/31/2020 at 10:07 AM, he b gb said:

Alikat reminded me a bit of ‘Brandy Creek Ferry’ (hull shapes mainly) which was a Grainger also built by Peter O’Brien (if I remember correctly) B C Ferry was eventually bought by Keith Glover before he bought Trilogy. Anyone know if Peter is still building multis?

I loved that boat and very nearly bought it back in the day