Mid

When I Win the Lottery

Agreed. Probably one of the best combinations of global cruising and speed out there. Frankly, everything southern wind is putting out right now ticks this box for me as well. The new Morgana by R/P is sex on wheels

80310ff0-12bd-11eb-9e2d-5f49cb65b6df-Mor

large-b96641855ad1dd0a663151036ad00cef.j

Southern-Wind-Morgana-launch-2.jpg

large-ab57e7eaab48769a26fd628bfbd21d96.j

• Like 4

When I win the Lottery...

I am PM'ing MID for advice! 

However ...... If MID does not answer my PM then I would contact MILLS......MARK MILLS....

- Classic Style - But high enough out of the water so your guests do not get soaked. - Sick and tired of retro wet boats. 

- Can be built to perform to a rule

https://mills-design.com/project/40-classic-sporty-weekender/

https://pattersonboatworks.co.uk/pbw-40/

PB 1.jpg

PB 2.jpg

They did a transatlantic race a couple years ago where the hydraulics went out. Everything on the boat is hydraulic, and there was a single manual pump handle that could be directed to any hydraulic function on the boat....slowly....

Still a fast trip across the pond but maybe not quite as sexy as they all had been hoping

• Like 1

Sorry to bust your bubble but very few lotteries pay out enough for the purchase and upkeep of one of those.

• Like 6

Why would I buy a boat that needs a whole department to get going? Most have enough of that at work and would try to leave that behind, once winning big.

So to me it would still be something like this:

SegelbootBreehorn-41-scanboat-picture-14

• Like 9

I'll take the Pogo 12.50 or the 50!

However, 7 bedrooms with 7 heads...

bcf65b_5952597518294f21a474a504e49e76dc~mv2_d_3973_2592_s_4_2.webp

1 hour ago, ctutmark said:

One of my favorite boats although the interior styling doesn't quite get me as excited. Although a winning lottery ticket would cover redoing the interior

finot conq  53 footer is one of my favs....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jesposito said:

If I will the lottery and Biden wins the election, I will get taxed so much I won't be able to afford my J29 

That's a sacrifice, I'm willing to make.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jesposito said:

If I will the lottery and Biden wins the election, I will get taxed so much I won't be able to afford my J29 

if you win the lottery and biden wins the election you won't be able to get to your j29 because of all the rioting, looting & arson.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Parma said:

if you win the lottery and biden wins the election you won't be able to get to your j29 because of all the rioting, looting & arson.

Hopefully the animals light it on fire

The opening paragraph of a very famous sailing book:

If I was the richest man in the world, I'd have a bigger boat with newer sails.  But on a Saturday afternoon with nothing but God and the wind, I wouldn't be any happier than I am right now.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Matagi said:

Why would I buy a boat that needs a whole department to get going? Most have enough of that at work and would try to leave that behind, once winning big.

So to me it would still be something like this:

SegelbootBreehorn-41-scanboat-picture-14

Near perfect - what is it?

41 something but...

I guess it is hard to win a lottery if you don't buy a ticket, but if I did it would nothing showy and grand, something more modest like:

image.png.7fcc3282628d17a24bef10f773b42c4c.png

3 hours ago, Kent H said:

However ...... If MID does not answer my PM then I would contact MILLS......MARK MILLS....

- Classic Style - But high enough out of the water so your guests do not get soaked. - Sick and tired of retro wet boats. 

- Can be built to perform to a rule

https://mills-design.com/project/40-classic-sporty-weekender/

https://pattersonboatworks.co.uk/pbw-40/

PB 1.jpg

PB 2.jpg

If that is the sort of boat you want, Night Runner is on the market: https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1980/perry-custom-42-3696167/

And you wouldn't even have to have won the lottery.

Night-Runner-Surfing.jpg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Matagi said:

That's a sacrifice, I'm willing to make.

You mean 

“That’s a sacrifice, I’m willing you to make”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Near perfect - what is it?

41 something but...

Breehorn 41. Their yard is right opposite of where my little one currently is. When mine doesn't pay attention, I always risk a look. Gorgeous.

Quite sporty down below, I never realized that. I wouldn't try to dry out on that one...

Breehorn-41-Schets.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Concert Boy said:

You mean 

“That’s a sacrifice, I’m willing you to make”

Do you have young kids? I know my Shrek like the back of my hand.

Sorry for derailing the topic here. But it's Friday night and the kids are out and I'm already a lil' tipsy... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jesposito said:

Proving yet again you are greedy stupid fucking asshole. You are willing to have a con man for president if you can have your tax cut. It also means you really don’t have very much money if you need a tax cut to race a little piece of shit J29.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, eastern motors said:

You aren't really rich until your IRC rating starts with a 2

Truth.

I'd do the Baltic 142 Canova, and spend the rest of my days sailing to the places I had to go past so quickly in the past.  With a few select sailing buddies.

DSS foil, lifting keel, simple systems, and a joy to sail with a small crew.

Baltic 142 Canova | Baltic Yachts

110875860_1920132394792811_5911082882077227422_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=OlJ4LUEcoT4AX8tVvMt&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=08ff393d2568e3e78324da7a99337e81&oe=5FC03554

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Matagi said:

Why would I buy a boat that needs a whole department to get going?

agreed

if i win the lottery ill start company that will produce fully custom sailboats, where you can order a fully outfitted boat or bare hull if you want and if its will do -try to introduce racing yachts(less cosmetics, more performance, current racing-cruisers are upsetting me) with ability to live aboard and foils 

as for the boat- 50ft cruiser built with epoxy will do, more is too hard to dock and control overall, less is too little, with shit ton of tanks for solitude.

7 minutes ago, pironiero said:

if i win the lottery ill start company that will produce fully custom sailboats, where you can order a fully outfitted boat or bare hull if you want and if its will do fine-try to introduce racing yachts with ability to live aboard and foils

Goode waye to macke a smalle fortiune in the marrine industrey is to starte withe large oune!                           :)

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Goode waye to macke a smalle fortiune in the marrine industrey is to starte withe large oune!                           :)

What is wrong with you?

I have my “lottery” boat. If I won a lottery I would establish a fund to send deserving kids to engineering and science schools.

B061477F-EC1F-43C1-B9AD-B1FF3C763AD3.thumb.jpeg.c046326c9de06b53cd0f03b06e5026b9.jpeg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, pironiero said:

What is wrong with you?

You're new to the neighborhood. Nothing wrong with Snaggy, a a lot right with him. Roll with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pironiero said:

What is wrong with you?

Snaggs is the most normal person on here.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, BOI Guy said:

Pretty sure those people with the boats your dreaming about did't get them by winning the lottery.

Most likely they got them the old fashioned way............by inheritance. 

• Like 4

surprised nobody picked on the halyard tension post reef ?

11 hours ago, jesposito said:

Maybe you could bail to tax-dodging haven Valletta (Malta) like the owner of that Bougie Nightmare. 

If I won the lottery I'd buy a place with docks where I could keep a group of eclectic modest sized boats.  Daysailors, cruisers, multihulls, classics, performance boats, etc.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Sorry to bust your bubble but very few lotteries pay out enough for the purchase and upkeep of one of those.

Nomad IV rents for about Euro 8000.00 per day plus food and fuel which is close to what it would cost you to run it after paying to build it, so winning  most lottos won't give you a whole lot of money left .......

4 hours ago, Mid said:

And wtf is happening with the foot of the jib?

But on the plus side, I've always wanted to steer my yacht wearing a suit, like that dude - it just looks so right!

/s

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I have my “lottery” boat. If I won a lottery I would establish a fund to send deserving kids to engineering and science schools.

B061477F-EC1F-43C1-B9AD-B1FF3C763AD3.thumb.jpeg.c046326c9de06b53cd0f03b06e5026b9.jpeg

Well you're a lucky bastard then! :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mid said:

I did, I was hoping that the guy up near the mast was going to do something about it.

• Like 1

Those huge monos all have the same safety problem below deck.  It's a fucking long way to fall when they heel.

You got the money to go that big, get a multihull, the women love them, instead of hanging on to the fittings on the high side screaming for help.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, astro said:

Those huge monos all have the same safety problem below deck.  It's a fucking long way to fall when they heel.

You got the money to go that big, get a multihull, the women love them, instead of hanging on to the fittings on the high side screaming for help.

Perhaps the answer is to contract an internationally experience ocean going skipper like yourself, the man, the legend.

Had just enough experience to to recommend a multihull for anything over 60 feet.

Then you need your lottery win big enough to pay double for mooring in marinas, or be big enough to chopper in supplies.

image.png.95c4e9b9cb3b37d84feb5452df08511f.png

Lately I've been pondering the lottery conundrum as follows:

A nice classic looking 'stinkpot' to travel around the world, like this one. This would take me to the wildest and most beautiful places all over the world in great home-like comfort

Then I'd have a pocketcruiser like a Cornish Shrimper 19 on the boat deck, ready to go gunkholing in for days on end, exploring all the tight little bays, estuaries and rivers, in the knowledge that at the end of the trip, there's a nice hot shower and good cooking waiting for me!

https://www.cornishcrabbers.co.uk/shrimper-series/shrimper-19/

Cornish_Shrimper_19_sailboat_Starfish_3825.thumb.jpg.641e363527cfa9f9645b906b34ea56af.jpgNeeds to be a sizeable lottery win though...

Less unrealistically, something like the Sentijn 37IQ (https://www.jachtmakelaarmonnickendam.nl/en/sentijn-sailing-yachts-2/e), will do me nicely, with a nice pot remaining to be able to spend the rest of my life wandering around without worries

d2922a66-df7e-4c6b-a1af-82138efd0205_750.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, astro said:

Had just enough experience to to recommend a multihull for anything over 60 feet.

Then you need your lottery win big enough to pay double for mooring in marinas, or be big enough to chopper in supplies.

image.png.95c4e9b9cb3b37d84feb5452df08511f.png

Mate this is the tender to the superyacht, it just carries all the toys, honestly when you get to play at  this level a lotto ain't gonna go far.

Billionaire Bucket List: This 216-Foot-Long Luxury Support Catamaran Carries The Subs, Speedboats, Helicopters, ATV’s And Crew That Every Superyacht Owner Needs

Bill Springer
Bill SpringerSenior Contributor
Bill Springer is the Editor in Chief of Ocean Home magazine where he covers ultra-exclusive real estate, superyachts, and luxury travel.
  •  
  •  
  •  
Superyacht support vessels like HODOR can carry aircraft, boats, submarines, and many other motorized craft.

Superyacht support vessels like HODOR can carry aircraft, boats, submarines, and many other ... [+]

CLINT JENKINS

As the demand for bigger, faster, tougher, and more technologically advanced superyachts continues to grow, the world’s ocean-loving billionaires are commissioning superyachts in the (200-to-500 foot-long range) that have way more to offer than big sun decks and gold-plated fixtures. Just in the past few months, Oleg Tinkov celebrated the launch of his new, 246-foot long ice class polar explorer yacht, a long time American yacht owner launched a 263-footer with a cutting-edge new design and in the Italian shipyard Benetti has launched THREE new yachts measuring over 300-long.  So, it makes perfect sense to see HODOR the latest “superyacht support vessel” to be launched this year is even more jam packed with tenders, toys, and aircraft carrying capability than anything that’s been built before.

Superyacht support vessels like HODOR can carry aircraft, boats, submarines, and many other motorized craft.

Superyacht support vessels like HODOR are getting bigger, faster and more luxurious

CLINT JENKINS

And a big reason for that is that HODOR is the first Shadow Cat that provides the deck and storage space, flexibility, stability, efficiency of an Incat Crowther catamaran to the yacht industry. Design and naval architecture was by Incat Crowther, project management and technical consultation by Robert Smith of YCTS and construction by Astilleros Armón at their Burela shipyard in Spain.

What an abomination. The Sansculottes, you know, they had a point.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jesposito said:

Just slap Espo's Charm School on the side and deduct the whole thing. 

On 10/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, ctutmark said:

One of my favorite boats although the interior styling doesn't quite get me as excited. Although a winning lottery ticket would cover redoing the interior

Would have to lose the runners and the two full time employees to man them 

It's cool and all but I'd much rather have this:
yacht-gunboat-68-running-5-zoom-5ea94a63

Doesn't need a crew of 15 to keep it going and can actually anchor close enough to shore to see the scenery! And your drink will stay where you put it down!
Either way you're going to have to win more than once to afford one of these!

• Like 5

For example, the odds of winning a recent Powerball drawing in Tennessee was 1 in 292.2 million.1 To put this in perspective, you have better odds at:

• One in 2,320,000 chance of being killed by lightning
  • One in 3,441,325 chance of dying after coming into contact with a venomous animal or plant
  • One in 10 million chance of being struck by falling airplane parts

The above was copied from https://www.investopedia.com/managing-wealth/worth-playing-lottery/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Biden winning and his tax policy. Any tax on Corporations or business is passed down to the people who buy their products and services.
Meaning: We, the Middle Class who buy the bulk of the Product and Services, will be paying all the Business and Corporate Taxes that Government increases. Which is why in Kalif, most do not believe in the Dem sponsored Corporate and Business Property Tax increases.

Why Oh Why did Biden and Obama not fix the tax code when they had control of both houses of Congress for 2 years.
In fact, why the F cant they just be better stewards of our $$$$$$.............................They Do No Care because, we are a Commodity

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Meat Wad said:

For example, the odds of winning a recent Powerball drawing in Tennessee was 1 in 292.2 million.1 To put this in perspective, you have better odds at:

• One in 3,441,325 chance of dying after coming into contact with a venomous animal or plant

The above was copied from https://www.investopedia.com/managing-wealth/worth-playing-lottery/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Biden winning and his tax policy. Any tax on Corporations or business is passed down to the people who buy their products and services.
Meaning: We, the Middle Class who buy the bulk of the Product and Services, will be paying all the Business and Corporate Taxes that Government increases. Which is why in Kalif, most do not believe in the Dem sponsored Corporate and Business Property Tax increases.

I think you are confusing that with Trumps China tariffs, which he still doesn’t understand we actually pay for.  Like the wall. 

4 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:
7 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

I think you are confusing that with Trumps China tariffs, which he still doesn’t understand we actually pay for.  Like the wall. 

Why woudente bothe haive the saime effectte on the saime classe?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Why woudente bothe haive the saime effectte on the saime classe?

You are exactly right Snaggs.  We are the sheep to be shorn. 

The biggest problem is when the government falls short because of the miserable mismanagement of money, they just print more.  Does anybody really think this can go on indefinitely?

a personal boat to sail with by yourself or the handful best mates - like a true love, there is no reason to buy any bigger. I would use the windfall for a few fine places to live, experience with those that matter and extra time with people who matter.

As Paul Neuman said, "Why go out for steak when you got fresh lobster sitting at home?"

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 12.36.58 PM.png

I already have one of my lottery boats - 

droneshot.jpg

6 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I see you don't believe in competition.

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
6 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I wase thickeng he dossentte believe in Biden...........  IMHO                                     :)

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I wase thickeng he dossentte believe in Biden...........  IMHO                                     :)

I think you guys miss the point.

But you are right Snag, I do not believe in Kamala. Is it KA MA LA or KAM ALA.

Remember a vote of Biden is a Vote for Kamala Harris. Why do you think Pelosi has put together a committee to ascertain the Presidents Mental Fitness? It had nothing to do with Trump. When Joe is elected, within 6 months / 1 Year he will be removed from office and there will be a Harris / Pelosi administration.

I will bet money on it.

Be careful what you wish for guys.

• Like 1

You don't need to make such elaborate excuses - we all know you'll oh so reluctantly vote for Trump.

The Dem's picked the one person who could make you do it.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 7:10 PM, astro said:

the women love them, instead of hanging on to the fittings on the high side screaming for help.

WTF? 19 year old swimsuit models are quite athletic. They will be fine. All 6 of them. Wait. How much did we win?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Why Oh Why did Biden and Obama not fix the tax code when they had control of both houses of Congress for 2 years.
In fact, why the F cant they just be better stewards of our $$$$$$.............................They Do No Care because, we are a Commodity

A grain of truth, but only part of the story.

40-50 years ago, about 1/3 of the Federal tax burden was paid by corporations, about 1/3 by the wealthiest 10%, and about 1/3 by the rest of us. Corporations now pay abut 10%, and the slack is picked up by the rest of us. Some very profitable and politically well connected corporations pay nothing. Vastly increased profits have flowed in a mighty stream to the wealthiest individuals (who own most of the stock) over the last 40 years or so, leading to a level of income disparity that very few appreciate the scale of.

While it's true that increased corporate taxes will (mostly, probably) be passed along to customers, along the way they can also enable investments in infrastructure, education, R&D, and other things that over the long term create great potential for wealth and private enterprise. In taxation there is an element of wealth transfer from the few to pay for things that (potentially, if well managed, and in the long term) benefit all of us- very much including the wealthy. But you have to take a long term view. 

It's not about where the money stays, it's about how it flows, and what it enables along the way. There are quite a number of things that provide great public benefit, but would never be profitable for an individual business to develop or implement. 

The GPS system is one of my favorite examples. The valuable signals are given away for free to everyone in the world. The fact that they are free, and not a profit center,  has created economic and social benefits that far outstrip the cost of the system. 

There are many things like that we take for granted. I have a soft spot for GPS because putting up the first GPS satellites was one of the last jobs my engineer father did. He grew up on a non-mechanized subsistence farm in western KY,  ploughing with a mule. Nothing much in his childhood would have been unfamiliar to a farmer of 1,000 years earlier. He had rickets as a child, never saw a doctor or dentist, and was malnourished when inducted into the Army in WWII.  But because of public education, he went to school, and because of the GI bill he went to college. Apart from the GPS program, he helped develop the Space Shuttle. He received a lot of tax funded public benefits, early on in life, and I'd argue it was a good investment. 

14 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

As someone who manufactures electronics in the US (creating jobs) I pay tariffs on components we must source from China- because you can't get them elsewhere. That puts us at a disadvantage vs. our Canadian and European competitors who do not have to pay those taxes. Every penny of those tariffs is paid for by American businesses and consumers. It's part of the reason US manufacturing has been in recession for over a year. 

• Like 8
  • Downvote 1

Oi, can you move your Civil War over to the other forum/thread, please?

• Like 4

On 10/30/2020 at 11:24 PM, Cruisin Loser said:

She is absolutely gorgeous, and being used and enjoyed. The setting is also fantastic. I have one teeny-weeny question to which I THINK I know the answer.

Is the guy/girl on the weather side aft wearing a white peaked naval-type cap or is that a house in the background?

:blink:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oceanconcepts said:

40-50 years ago, about 1/3 of the Federal tax burden was paid by corporations, about 1/3 by the wealthiest 10%, and about 1/3 by the rest of us. Corporations now pay abut 10%, and the slack is picked up by the rest of us. Some very profitable and politically well connected corporations pay nothing. Vastly increased profits have flowed in a mighty stream to the wealthiest individuals (who own most of the stock) over the last 40 years or so, leading to a level of income disparity that very few appreciate the scale of.

While it's true that increased corporate taxes will (mostly, probably) be passed along to customers, along the way they can also enable investments in infrastructure, education, R&D, and other things that over the long term create great potential for wealth and private enterprise. In taxation there is an element of wealth transfer from the few to pay for things that (potentially, if well managed, and in the long term) benefit all of us- very much including the wealthy. But you have to take a long term view. 

It's not about where the money stays, it's about how it flows, and what it enables along the way. There are quite a number of things that provide great public benefit, but would never be profitable for an individual business to develop or implement. 

The GPS system is one of my favorite examples. The valuable signals are given away for free to everyone in the world. The fact that they are free, and not a profit center,  has created economic and social benefits that far outstrip the cost of the system. 

There are many things like that we take for granted. I have a soft spot for GPS because putting up the first GPS satellites was one of the last jobs my engineer father did. He grew up on a non-mechanized subsistence farm in western KY,  ploughing with a mule. Nothing much in his childhood would have been unfamiliar to a farmer of 1,000 years earlier. He had rickets as a child, never saw a doctor or dentist, and was malnourished when inducted into the Army in WWII.  But because of public education, he went to school, and because of the GI bill he went to college. Apart from the GPS program, he helped develop the Space Shuttle. He received a lot of tax funded public benefits, early on in life, and I'd argue it was a good investment. 

As someone who manufactures electronics in the US (creating jobs) I pay tariffs on components we must source from China- because you can't get them elsewhere. That puts us at a disadvantage vs. our Canadian and European competitors who do not have to pay those taxes. Every penny of those tariffs is paid for by American businesses and consumers. It's part of the reason US manufacturing has been in recession for over a year. 

You sound like a lefty, pinko, commie. ;)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Black Sox said:

She is absolutely gorgeous, and being used and enjoyed. The setting is also fantastic. I have one teeny-weeny question to which I THINK I know the answer.

Is the guy/girl on the weather side aft wearing a white peaked naval-type cap or is that a house in the background?

:blink:

844531091_L1030936-1-Cropped.thumb.jpg.10bd201c656f8b26b2f9934753a5dd0a.jpg

That's Joe, a USCG academy grad.  Beth  (my lovely wife of 40 years) is below, as she doesn't normally participate in racing, except to make fresh lobster rolls and such. We're towing a wooden dink, as required by the race rules for that event.

Thanks. I don't think many seasonal-use boats get sailed as much. We live aboard as a couple for most of the summer, sailing at every available breeze, as she is so much fun. 8' deep fin keel, 6' deep carbon rudder, 74' tall carbon mast on a 33.5' waterline. We race her to Bermuda again in 2021.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

You sound like a lefty, pinko, commie. ;)

It's a cover. I'm actually a dedicated entrepreneurial capitalist who last took a paycheck from someone else in 1985. But don't tell anyone in my Antifa cell. ;)

• Like 9

On 10/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, P_Wop said:

DSS foil, lifting keel, simple systems

how do these three things go together? :)

41 minutes ago, ryley said:

how do these three things go together? :)

Well you're right.  The systems aren't too simple.  But they're very well engineered, and designed to be simply maintained.  

A 142 foot classic gaff schooner is hardly "simple systems" either. 

You need some good and appropriate knowledge to sail both - just a slightly different skill set.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 4:45 PM, sunseeker said:

Proving yet again you are greedy stupid fucking asshole. You are willing to have a con man for president if you can have your tax cut. It also means you really don’t have very much money if you need a tax cut to race a little piece of shit J29.

Ya wanna buy it before the election?

On 10/30/2020 at 9:13 PM, P_Wop said:

I'd do the Baltic 142 Canova, and spend the rest of my days sailing to the places I had to go past so quickly in the past.  With a few select sailing buddies.

DSS foil, lifting keel, simple systems, and a joy to sail with a small crew.

Baltic 142 Canova | Baltic Yachts

110875860_1920132394792811_5911082882077227422_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=OlJ4LUEcoT4AX8tVvMt&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=08ff393d2568e3e78324da7a99337e81&oe=5FC03554

Do you think that they can make a 'moon pool' option in this model?  I love to scuba.. and am tired of lugging gear up and down.. and then getting back in the boat in rough seas.......  Baltic's are beautiful... and well built...

• Like 1

Here is my lottery boat:  Swan 54

S3F4BVJMWKY7NUA67ATRXESWMQ.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

Here is my lottery boat:  Swan 54

S3F4BVJMWKY7NUA67ATRXESWMQ.jpg

But there’s water on the deck, AFT of the mast! Good God man, what are you thinking?

• Like 3

Cockpit's dry.  Why would you care outside of that.

It's out of the environment!  (quiet nod to John Clarke.)

When I win the lottery, I'll finally be able to take time off so I can enjoy the awesome boat that I have.

• Like 4

I came across this Solenn 42 this week.  I think it’s my ‘new’ Next Boat...   Jury is still out however on whether I’ll have the cash or need a winning lotto ticket.  Meanwhile, I think we need to have some reasonable sense of travel normality  so I can take delivery ‘over there’ and get a season or two cruising Sweden and Norway. Their smaller models, the 32 and 27 are worthy alternatives but, the Admiral would want the full headroom galley and head, so it’s the 42 for me.

https://cnfr.fr/en/our-models/collection-solenn/solenn-42/

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 11:48 PM, Oceanconcepts said:

Well, not all US domestic manufacturers are in recession.  Actually,  this is the first year in 19 years that we are showing a profit. We make small injection molded plastic parts primarily for surf and medical. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom O'Keefe said:

Well, not all US domestic manufacturers are in recession.  Actually,  this is the first year in 19 years that we are showing a profit. We make small injection molded plastic parts primarily for surf and medical. 

My brorther didde that, he made the 'speake , heare, and see no eville monkeys'   He maide a killeng, allways hade money.                            :)