Shortforbob

Trump supporters attack Biden campaign bus

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jzk said:
19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah, go with that.

What the fuck were those MAGAts planning to do if they were successful in stopping the bus?  Have tea and crumpets with the people on the bus?

Mind you, on an interstate highway, their actions resulted in slowing the bus to 20 mph.

This was intimidation, pure and simple.  You're being a simpleton in dismissing this.  Had the party affiliations been switched, you'd be calling for jail time.

My guess is you aren't honest enough to admit it.  To us, and to yourself.

Slowing the bus is worthy of a traffic ticket.  Just riding along side the bus is somewhat entertaining.

I note you conveniently ignored the question (bolded), ands did not deny my assessment of how you would react if the roles were different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I note you conveniently ignored the question (bolded), ands did not deny my assessment of how you would react if the roles were different.

How should I know?  Probably not a whole lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 10:25 AM, Swimsailor said:

I dropped off my ballot yesterday.  I drove by to make sure there weren't any Trumpaloos with guns nearby.  I'm a rational person.   And yet, I felt it necessary to make sure my VOTING place was safe for me to approach.  That isn't the land of the free nor home of the brave.  Fuck this.  Fuck Trump and fuck anyone who supports him.  YOU have ruined America.  This fascist, right wing, nationalistic bullshit is on ANYONE who still supports this mother fucker.  

Try being in a mixed race relationship.  You have to take precautions like that when simply going outside together.  If you're the white half, you don't notice at first or think they're checking out your lady/guy.  After a while and many repeat incidents, it sinks in. The fact that any of this is even a consideration in 2020 America is absurd and disgusting.  Home of the brave didn't mean being brave enough to go shopping together or vote.  This wasn't an issue when I was in a mixed race relationship from 1997-2015.  It has happened from 2016 forward.

There will likely always be bigots, racists, and other "ists".  The responsibility of leadership is to bring people together, organize towards common goals, and encourage better behavior and goals. Some of the worst things that people in charge (note the removal of the word leadership) can do is encourage bad behavior and empower those with bigoted views.  W. empowered the ignorant. Made them feel good about not knowing much and clinging to simplistic (and incorrect) reasoning. He didn't bring them to the point of Mao Tse Tung-like purging of intellectuals, but he did give them the encouragement to push forward and feel good about being narrow.  Back then, narrow was hating muslims, gays, and intellectuals.  Trump has taken this to new heights.  He's added bigots of many varieties, people without critical reasoning, people who would rather believe a lie from their friend than the truth from an "outsider", etc.   W. empowered his groups, but he didn't encourage them.  Trump has full-on encouraged hate, racism, violence, etc.  I could go on, but you already know it or you started hating me 10 lines earlier.  Many of you may think there's nothing to worry about being mixed race.  That doesn't happen here, etc.  Even if you don't believe that it's real, why the hell would you support someone who encourages racists foments unrest, and generally doesn't give a damn who dies.

If you're supporting a guy simply because he's continuing to rig the system for you to make more money, I guess that's your choice, but have the decency to acknowledge that it was a selfish choice and that you don't care about the harm it does the others.  Also, rest assured, you have little to worry about.  The wealthy and white have rarely, if ever, been negatively affecting by political change.  Bringing in Biden or other, will have little impact on you.   They're also not going to take your guns.  Just do us a favor and stop lying to yourself and us. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jzk said:

How should I know?  Probably not a whole lot.  

Bullshit.  It was intimidation.  They were hoping for pushback.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Bullshit.  It was intimidation.  They were hoping for pushback.  

They were probably hoping to loot the bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2020 at 10:13 PM, Shortforbob said:

https://www.9news.com.au/world/us-election-joe-biden-rally-cancelled-bus-donald-trump-supporters/24b82991-ad46-4242-b1aa-da48560e0858

A campaign bus for Joe Biden traveling on Friday from San Antonio to Austin, Texas, was surrounded by multiple vehicles with Trump signs that attempted to slow down the bus and run it off the road, a Biden campaign official tells CNN.
According to a source familiar with the incident, the vehicles were a "Trump Train group."
These groups are known in parts of the state and organize events that involve their cars with flags and Trump paraphernalia and drive around to show support for the President.
 
The group began yelling profanities and obscenities and then blockaded the entire Biden entourage.

Must have bee the short bus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

There is much video and photo evidence of this event.

One of the assailants posted a video of the bus as they approached it from an entrance ramp, and the white car can clearly be seen right being the bus in the same lane.

The lane change from another angle is from being rammed OUT of the lane it was in at the start of the event. This is obvious and provable.

So the police are in on the lie by blaming the White SUV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jzk said:

The white car was behind the bus.  Then it went left, and the truck pulled up.  Then the white car went into the lane occupied by the truck as if it was trying to get its territory back.

This is either a straight-up lie, or you are just incompetent at watching videos.

The white car is following the bus. There is a lane to the right of both of them which has the black trump car in it. The right-hand lane is ending, and the trumpists are cranky that there is no room for them to merge back in (being clearly abeam of the white car). So their solution is to ram it.

Edit: Maybe it's an emergency lane, rather than a proper lane which is ending. This only makes it worse for the trump car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Battlecheese said:

This is either a straight-up lie, or you are just incompetent at watching videos.

The white car is following the bus. There is a lane to the right of both of them which has the black trump car in it. The right-hand lane is ending, and the trumpists are cranky that there is no room for them to merge back in (being clearly abeam of the white car). So their solution is to ram it.

Edit: Maybe it's an emergency lane, rather than a proper lane which is ending. This only makes it worse for the trump car.

Not according to the police that viewed all the videos.  But hey go with what you claim happened.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

 You're being a simpleton in dismissing this. 

JerKZ is a simpleton in everything he does and says and "thinks".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Not according to the police that viewed all the videos.  But hey go with what you claim happened.  

 

There is a word for people who always blindly believe the police. Make up your own mind.

The police probably only have public-domain videos - apparently neither party to the crash has gotten back in touch with them yet.

I think I have decided that in the first moments of the video, before the camera pans away, the bus is mid-way through a merge into the right-hand lane. It manages to complete this, but the white SUV is rather aggressively prevented from merging as well.

Methinks the trumpist forgot that Stand-Your-Ground is only for guns. Cars have rules.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Battlecheese said:

 

There is a word for people who always blindly believe the police. Make up your own mind.

The police probably only have public-domain videos - apparently neither party to the crash has gotten back in touch with them yet.

I think I have decided that in the first moments of the video, before the camera pans away, the bus is mid-way through a merge into the right-hand lane. It manages to complete this, but the white SUV is rather aggressively prevented from merging as well.

Methinks the trumpist forgot that Stand-Your-Ground is only for guns. Cars have rules.

 

Not in Trumpmerica. Although the video of a small white SUV being bashed by a big black truck is probably going to get a lot of traction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Joker said:

Not according to the police that viewed all the videos.  But hey go with what you claim happened.  

Right

They said the fault MAY have been on the (Biden) white SUV.....

But that doesn't excuse what is basically terrorism by Trump supporters, being cheered by more Trump supporters

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Right

They said the fault MAY have been on the (Biden) white SUV.....

But that doesn't excuse what is basically terrorism by Trump supporters, being cheered by more Trump supporters

- DSK

Of course they said maybe.  They have yet to interview the driver.  You have weird view of what is terrorism. 
I think they Reacted to seeing a Biden bus the same way liberals react to maga hats.  Poorly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Joker said:
23 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Right

They said the fault MAY have been on the (Biden) white SUV.....

But that doesn't excuse what is basically terrorism by Trump supporters, being cheered by more Trump supporters

 

Of course they said maybe.  They have yet to interview the driver.  You have weird view of what is terrorism. 
I think they Reacted to seeing a Biden bus the same way liberals react to maga hats.  Poorly. 

 

Is MAY the same thing ans MAYBE? CLose, perhaps I should be more charitable. If you knew the police said "MAY" (which you should, I pointed it out before) then your posts about what the police said are lies.... you know, a statement that is deliberately misleading.....

Meanwhile, what they did was assault with motor vehicles. The most common reaction to seeing a MAGA hat is "look, another idiot" not an assault.

Would you say the intent was to scare the Biden campaign workers? Do you think violence, or threat of violence, should be how political questions are settled in this country... or only if things don't go your way?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

 

Is MAY the same thing ans MAYBE? CLose, perhaps I should be more charitable. If you knew the police said "MAY" (which you should, I pointed it out before) then your posts about what the police said are lies.... you know, a statement that is deliberately misleading.....

Meanwhile, what they did was assault with motor vehicles. The most common reaction to seeing a MAGA hat is "look, another idiot" not an assault.

Would you say the intent was to scare the Biden campaign workers? Do you think violence, or threat of violence, should be how political questions are settled in this country... or only if things don't go your way?

- DSK

I think their intent was to show support for president Trump Just like the bus was all decked out to support Biden.  
 

They  met on the highway and the people on the bus freaked out and started calling 911.  They sure as hell couldn’t see out the back of the bus to see the minor fender bender. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Joker said:

I think their intent was to show support for president Trump Just like the bus was all decked out to support Biden.  
 

They  met on the highway and the people on the bus freaked out and started calling 911.  They sure as hell couldn’t see out the back of the bus to see the minor fender bender. 

They didn't "meet on the highway." The Trump supporters chased the Biden vehicles down.

At least you seem only lukewarm in support of terrorism.

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
8 hours ago, The Joker said:

I think their intent was to show support for president Trump Just like the bus was all decked out to support Biden.  
 

They  met on the highway and the people on the bus freaked out and started calling 911.  They sure as hell couldn’t see out the back of the bus to see the minor fender bender. 

They didn't "meet on the highway." The Trump supporters chased the Biden vehicles down.

At least you seem only lukewarm in support of terrorism.

And, surrounded the bus.  Then, they slowed the bus.  In this toxic political climate, if you are surrounded by ardent supporters of your opposition, surrounded, and it looks like they are going to force you to stop, it's probably so they can shake your hand and wish you well.  At least, that seems to be what The Joker would like us to believe.

If this were folks flying BLM flags, and the bus was emblazoned with Trump, he'd be calling for arrests.  He's just too much of a chickenshit to admit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

And, surrounded the bus.  Then, they slowed the bus.  In this toxic political climate, if you are surrounded by ardent supporters of your opposition, surrounded, and it looks like they are going to force you to stop, it's probably so they can shake your hand and wish you well.  At least, that seems to be what The Joker would like us to believe.

If this were folks flying BLM flags, and the bus was emblazoned with Trump, he'd be calling for arrests.  He's just too much of a chickenshit to admit it.

Actually I wouldn’t.   I have yet to see a video of the bus being forced to slow down.  Watch and tell me when the bus hit it’s brakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Actually I wouldn’t.   I have yet to see a video of the bus being forced to slow down.  Watch and tell me when the bus hit it’s brakes. 

I am sure nothing short of a video in which there is a simultaneous display of the bus being surrounded and a view of the speedometer showing decreasing speed would convince you.  Even then, you'd find a way to dismiss it.

They surrounded the bus, with the intent to harass, and the campaign says they were slowing them down.

Biden’s campaign said in a statement that cars with Trump signs and flags surrounded its bus on the way from San Antonio to Austin. The bus was on Interstate 35, it said, when cars pulled in front of the bus and slowed, attempting to “stop the bus in the middle of the highway.” Campaign staff called 911, according to the statement, getting help from law enforcement to reach their destination.

This photo shows them in front of the bus, which some supporters of the President claim never happened.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 8.42.27 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am sure nothing short of a video in which there is a simultaneous display of the bus being surrounded and a view of the speedometer showing decreasing speed would convince you.  Even then, you'd find a way to dismiss it.

They surrounded the bus, with the intent to harass, and the campaign says they were slowing them down.

Biden’s campaign said in a statement that cars with Trump signs and flags surrounded its bus on the way from San Antonio to Austin. The bus was on Interstate 35, it said, when cars pulled in front of the bus and slowed, attempting to “stop the bus in the middle of the highway.” Campaign staff called 911, according to the statement, getting help from law enforcement to reach their destination.

This photo shows them in front of the bus, which some supporters of the President claim never happened.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 8.42.27 AM.png

I didn’t claim it didn’t happen. I just don’t see the serious threat that you do.  
That pic proves my point the Red truck is not a threat to the bus  they look to be several car lengths ahead.  I have no doubt the bus slowed down.  But was it traffic or a deliberate attempt?  Looks like traffic to me.  
 

Interesting that there is no video from the bus of cars directly in front forcing the bus to slow down and actually stop.  We know the Stop part never happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

And just like that traffic impediments are bad.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlmTKgA9ADcv9HFN06yJg

I'll ask you the question too... is this what you want to see, in politics in the USA?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

I didn’t claim it didn’t happen. I just don’t see the serious threat that you do.  
That pic proves my point the Red truck is not a threat to the bus  they look to be several car lengths ahead.  I have no doubt the bus slowed down.  But was it traffic or a deliberate attempt?  Looks like traffic to me.  
 

Interesting that there is no video from the bus of cars directly in front forcing the bus to slow down and actually stop.  We know the Stop part never happened. 

As I said, I doubt there is anything that would induce you to acknowledge the intimidation was intended.  Hell, even if one of those clowns with the pick-up were to say, on camera, "Hell, yeah.  We were trying to stop them.  Wanted to give them a 'Texas welcome'. It was just what Junior encouraged us to do.  MAGA!" - you'd find a way to dismiss it as an aberration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

As I said, I doubt there is anything that would induce you to acknowledge the intimidation was intended.  Hell, even if one of those clowns with the pick-up were to say, on camera, "Hell, yeah.  We were trying to stop them.  Wanted to give them a 'Texas welcome'. It was just what Junior encouraged us to do.  MAGA!" - you'd find a way to dismiss it as an aberration.

Please share that Video.  Oh wait it you are just making that shit up to try and project what I believe.   What we have seen is cars well ahead of the bus.  We have heard commentary that “look the Biden Bus is leading the Trump train”. 
we heard commentary that the Biden Staff car was the one engaged in what you are calling intimidation and we have the police stating that from what the video shows that same SUV was at fault. 

So until you produce that hypothetical comment or actual video showing the bus being forced to slow down and stop, your intimidation charge is based on the panicked reaction of those, on the Bus that called 911 when they saw the evil Trump flags.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Please share that Video.  Oh wait it you are just making that shit up to try and project what I believe.   What we have seen is cars well ahead of the bus.  We have heard commentary that “look the Biden Bus is leading the Trump train”. 
we heard commentary that the Biden Staff car was the one engaged in what you are calling intimidation and we have the police stating that from what the video shows that same SUV was at fault. 

So until you produce that hypothetical comment or actual video showing the bus being forced to slow down and stop, your intimidation charge is based on the panicked reaction of those, on the Bus that called 911 when they saw the evil Trump flags.  

Would you say it's a reasonable assumption that the intent of the Trump supporters was to intimidate the Biden campaign workers?

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

I didn’t claim it didn’t happen. I just don’t see the serious threat that you do.  
That pic proves my point the Red truck is not a threat to the bus  they look to be several car lengths ahead.  I have no doubt the bus slowed down.  But was it traffic or a deliberate attempt?  Looks like traffic to me.  
 

Interesting that there is no video from the bus of cars directly in front forcing the bus to slow down and actually stop.  We know the Stop part never happened. 

So they don't have a dashh cam cause they never thought they would be harassed on the fucking highway.  How quickly can you pull out your phone when a bus slows down.  You do it all the time right??  Pull out your phone and take vids whenever your car slows down.  Right??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaggy said:

So they don't have a dashh cam cause they never thought they would be harassed on the fucking highway.  How quickly can you pull out your phone when a bus slows down.  You do it all the time right??  Pull out your phone and take vids whenever your car slows down.  Right??? 

When driving no.  As a passenger on a bus being threatened your damn right I’d be recording.    When someone raises their voice on a plane half a dozen phones come out   Same when a cop is dealing with an issue   But so far no video of the threats   They have photos from inside the Bus.  
Why didn’t the passengers use their phones to record that serious intimidation.   
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Would you say it's a reasonable assumption that the intent of the Trump supporters was to intimidate the Biden campaign workers?

- DSK

I think that’s what the people on the bus believed, but I’ve yet to see anything beyond what one side is claiming to show that was the intent of the Trump supporters.  
Interesting how the claim that they tried to run the bus off the road has gone away.   
 

I think they saw the bus as an opportunity to show their support for the president.  That those inside viewed that as a threat doesn’t shock me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I think that’s what the people on the bus believed, but I’ve yet to see anything beyond what one side is claiming to show that was the intent of the Trump supporters.  
Interesting how the claim that they tried to run the bus off the road has gone away.   
 

I think they saw the bus as an opportunity to show their support for the president.  That those inside viewed that as a threat doesn’t shock me.  

No.

The President said they were "protecting" the bus.

Run with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

I think they saw the bus as an opportunity to show their support for the president.  That those inside viewed that as a threat doesn’t shock me.  

No.

The President said they were "protecting" the bus.

Run with that.

Protecting it from SOCIALISM!!

- DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now