Sean

The Aftermath

Will it get ugly? I think there will at least be spotty incidents of violence from the extremes, but large scale mayhem? I hope not. 

What do you think?

Um, nevermind. Didn't see this where it's already being discussed.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Will it get ugly? I think there will at least be spotty incidents of violence from the extremes, but large scale mayhem? I hope not. 

What do you think?

Any of the Trumpers who used to be here would tell you that it's only lefties who get violent.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

What do you think?

No as I seriously doubt Trump will win even with the Dems fielding the worst candidate in history. I think folks are getting tired of TDS and the sniveling PC snowflake bitches getting owned. That shit's getting old.  

4 minutes ago, Venom said:

No as I seriously doubt Trump will win even with the Dems fielding the worst candidate in history. I think folks are getting tired of TDS and the sniveling PC snowflake bitches getting owned. That shit's getting old.  

Joe is the worst dem candidate in History?  Nah, not even close.  From the evil Not Fox news outlet:

Joseph R. Biden Jr. holds a clear advantage over President Trump across four of the most important presidential swing states, a new poll shows, bolstered by the support of voters who did not participate in the 2016 election and who now appear to be turning out in large numbers to cast their ballots, mainly for the Democrat.

The worst dem candidate in history was in 2016, which is why all those voters stayed home last time.  At least Joe is likeable and acceptable, and his big advantage is he's running against THE worst candidate in the history of the US, irrespective of party.  

This is one of the few times I condone and support the concept of voting "AGAINST" a candidate and not FOR the other one.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Joe is the worst dem candidate in History?

The worst the Dems have ever run with exception to the hildabeast. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Venom said:

Worser than the Kenyan???  

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:
6 minutes ago, Venom said:

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that those goddam faggot satanist Democrats have fielded THE WORST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY for the 2nd time in a row.

And they're still soft on crime. Still soft on Russia

And they're still bribing those inner-city minorities to vote for them.

And they're getting the overwhelming majority of the yay-baby-murder vote, the gun-grabber vote, the let's-raise-taxes vote, and of course the let's-surrender-to-the-terrorists

This is why democracy needs to be stamped out!

- DSK

8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that those goddam faggot satanist Democrats have fielded THE WORST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY for the 2nd time in a row.

And they're still soft on crime. Still soft on Russia

And they're still bribing those inner-city minorities to vote for them.

And they're getting the overwhelming majority of the yay-baby-murder vote, the gun-grabber vote, the let's-raise-taxes vote, and of course the let's-surrender-to-the-terrorists

This is why democracy needs to be stamped out!

- DSK

SHHH! I know people that believe that, or very close to it.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Um, nevermind. Didn't see this where it's already being discussed.

Even before that, I predicted this happening back on oct 1st:

23 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that those goddam faggot satanist Democrats have fielded THE WORST CANDIDATE IN HISTORY for the 2nd 3rd time in a row.

FIFY  :lol:

The worst dem candidate in history was in 2016

You mean the worst SMEARED den candidate in history and the "basket of deplorable" drank it up like their beloved Mountain Dew.

• Like 1

Hillary would have been a fine 
POTUS. She was a lousy candidate but a far and away better choice than the Gropenfuhrer 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

POTUS. She was a lousy candidate but a far and away better choice than the Gropenfuhrer 

Sure, but ya know, strong women are kinda scary to insecure men, and threatening to insecure women. She was a few years too early. 

8 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Hilary was a horrible campaigner. Her voice grated on my nerves and made me think I was in big trouble with my mother and some of her mannerisms were along the lines of "I deserve this and campaigning is just annoying". I firmly believe if she had been on vacation someplace with no internet for 3 months before the election she would have won.

She would have made a decent center-right President except she would have been impeached before the end of January and every month thereafter if the first/second/275th times didn't do the trick.

One trigger happy nut job believing the vote was rigged because Donnie said so is all it’s gonna take.
Sadly there appears to be an ample supply of nut jobs with an over supply of gunz.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

One trigger happy nut job believing the vote was rigged because Donnie said so is all it’s gonna take.
Sadly there appears to be an ample supply of nut jobs with an over supply of gunz.

More trashing of cities by protestors?

7 hours ago, Sean said:

What do you think?

Only if it's close. If the results are clear there will be only a smattering of isolated incidents if any. However in if is contested and If what happened in Florida in 2000 happens in multiple states the chance of wide-spread violence is non-trivial. 

14 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Protesting a despotic dictatorship? I would hope peaceful protests would prevail but like Donnie the despot is fond of saying there’s good people on both sides.

29 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Maybe just running cars off the road.  You know, Mad Max style.

Pretty good chance Trump will be ahead Tuesday night, with a ton of Dem mail-in votes outstanding. Apparently he’s got a plan -

https://www.axios.com/trump-claim-election-victory-ballots-97eb12b9-5e35-402f-9ea3-0ccfb47f613f.html

Excerpt -

President Trump has told confidants he'll declare victory on Tuesday night if it looks like he's "ahead," according to three sources familiar with his private comments.

• That's even if the Electoral College outcome still hinges on large numbers of uncounted votes in key states like Pennsylvania.

Behind the scenes: Trump has privately talked through this scenario in some detail in the last few weeks, describing plans to walk up to a podium on election night and declare he has won.

• For this to happen, his allies expect he would need to either win or have commanding leads in Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Iowa, Arizona and Georgia.

16 minutes ago, Sean said:

Pretty good chance Trump will be ahead Tuesday night, with a ton of Dem mail-in votes outstanding. Apparently he’s got a plan -

https://www.axios.com/trump-claim-election-victory-ballots-97eb12b9-5e35-402f-9ea3-0ccfb47f613f.html

Excerpt -

President Trump has told confidants he'll declare victory on Tuesday night if it looks like he's "ahead," according to three sources familiar with his private comments.

• That's even if the Electoral College outcome still hinges on large numbers of uncounted votes in key states like Pennsylvania.

Behind the scenes: Trump has privately talked through this scenario in some detail in the last few weeks, describing plans to walk up to a podium on election night and declare he has won.

• For this to happen, his allies expect he would need to either win or have commanding leads in Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Iowa, Arizona and Georgia.

Unless Biden has already won commandingly, I expect Trump to declare himself the winner NO MATTER WHAT the actual vote counts look like.

The ballots are out of control! Fuck a bunch of goddam voters if they don't choose the Chosen One!

One of the "Senior Trump Campaign Advisors" Jason Miller said this morning that "they" are confident that the "actual voters," by which he means those going to vote in person on Tuesday, will give Trump a majority in almost ALL states much less the really close swing states. At the point they have a lead, they already have "legal action" in hand to stop the vote count. Because Trump already won, right? We can't just count votes forever, right?

This is one reason why expect at least some violence from Trump supporters, because certainly a bunch of the Yay-Trump toxic-spew media is going to agree that TRUMP WINS, DEMS TRYING TO CHEAT!!! and there will be calls to go stop the vote counting by those goddam traitors.

- DSK

Just heard an Australian reporter say that businesses are boarding up in Main Street USA.

I guess it's gong to happen.

EDIT: You guys are really fucked this time, Electing Biden is necessary, but it's going to make the division worse.

2 minutes ago, astro said:

Just heard an Australian reporter sat that businesses are boarding up in Main Street USA.

I guess it's gong to happen.

Quite a few reports and pictures of windows being boarded up in NYC, CHI, LA, etc.  Places like Macy’s, Nordstrom, various jewelry stores, etc.

1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

a few trigger happy Trump army "poll watches" being asked to leave the polling stations?

When you've got little Don telling people that the fix is already in when trump "wins" on the night and he declares victory who's going to pry that "victory" from their trigger happy hands?

4 hours ago, Venom said:

No as I seriously doubt Trump will win even with the Dems fielding the worst candidate in history.

4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Joe is the worst dem candidate in History?  Nah, not even close. 

Don't bother.  He may agree with you already.  But it's a talking point and he's a fucking parrot. 

If Trump somehow wins, I'm resigned to it, the country will have spoken, it will get what it asked for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sean said:

What do you think?

Nope, it’ll be called for Trump election night 

6 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

and then Trump will make sure it gets ugly.

6 minutes ago, astro said:

If Trump somehow wins, I'm resigned to it, the country will have spoken, it will get what it asked for.

But the rest of us will get it as well. Like last time, more of us may well have voted against Trump than voted for him. Increasingly, America’s version of democracy sucks.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

and then Trump will make sure it gets ugly.

All the violence has come from the left 

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

But the rest of us will get it as well. Like last time, more of us may well have voted against Trump than voted for him. Increasingly, America’s version of democracy sucks.

Sore loser!

9 minutes ago, astro said:

Not so Random, have you not been paying attention to the massive voter suppression going on.

You should be joining the fight for the oppressed American majority not resigning yourself. Painful as that may be for you. :D

25 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

If Trump wins again, kiss any hope of democracy goodbye.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

lol... the nation will have spoken...and the country is balanced in the divide... the pendulum is merely swinging back to the middle after a 55 year run on liberal rainbows, unicorns and lollipops.. truly the workers will have spoken.  

15 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Autocracy time

1 minute ago, jerseyguy said:

Autocracy time

Not any different than other times in recent history 

51 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Of course it will.

Regardless of the actual votes

The remaining question is, will the actual votes be counted and will the actual result effect the gov't?

- DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Of course it will.

Regardless of the actual votes

The remaining question is, will the actual votes be counted and will the actual result effect the gov't?

- DSK

Oh ..in other words the election is only valid if Biden wins 

I am telling you that the Democrats along with Fake News has grossly over played their hand and have NO clue of what is about to happen to their charade   Blacks and Hispanics will vote for Trump in record shattering numbers, blacks and Hispanics will also no show not being able to vote for Biden or Trump..

Trump will have the necessary numbers election night 

6 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

Oh ..in other words the election is only valid if Biden wins 

No, the election is valid if all correctly-cast votes are counted.

Trump is already suing to not count the 90 million votes... more than the number of people who voted for him in 2016... that have already been cast.

Because in the modern era, most Presidential elections have had a wide enough margin that the votes that are slower to count would not affect the outcome, the result have been announced that evening. Sometimes before the close of polling places.... but that not the law. Announcing that the election must be decided by that night is just childish bullshit

- DSK

I wonder if Steven Miller has written Trump's "victory/defeat speech" yet?  He'll only be writing one size fits all.

11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

No, the election is valid if all correctly-cast votes are counted.

Trump is already suing to not count the 90 million votes... more than the number of people who voted for him in 2016... that have already been cast.

Because in the modern era, most Presidential elections have had a wide enough margin that the votes that are slower to count would not affect the outcome, the result have been announced that evening. Sometimes before the close of polling places.... but that not the law. Announcing that the election must be decided by that night is just childish bullshit

- DSK

BS... all legal and verifiable votes will be counted. Democrats sending out unsolicited ballots to names and addresses on the voting rolls has been and will continue to muddy the water, which of course was the purpose. CV -19 should have not required sending out unsolicited ballots 

There will be blood.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Not so Random, have you not been paying attention to the massive voter suppression going on.

You should be joining the fight for the oppressed American majority not resigning yourself. Painful as that may be for you. :D

Well you see, that just reinforces my point.

For hundreds of years Americans have been involved in voter suppression, neither side has stopped it, so it is a collective crime, shared guilt.

If Trump wins because of vote rigging then the entire country is to blame, they have had time to get this right ... but have not.

TCbbYz6l.jpg

EDIT:  Anyway, this is a country where killing a thousand people a day is the new normal,  so what's a few more dead on the streets.

Just now, astro said:

Well you see, that just reinforces my point.

For hundreds of years Americans have been involved in voter suppression, neither side has stopped it, so it is a collective crime, shared guilt.

If Trump wins because of vote rigging then the entire country is to blame, they have had time to get this right ... but have not.

TCbbYz6l.jpg

Point...except for hundreds of years, certain cohorts have been suppressed and so couldn't do much about suppression. But not the majority..so I guess you have a point. :)

59 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

lol... the nation will have spoken...

the people spoke last time

the electoral system fuked them over

or

dont you believe every persons vote should count ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

BS... all legal and verifiable votes will be counted. .

Not by Tuesday evening

23 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

... Democrats sending out unsolicited ballots to names and addresses on the voting rolls has been and will continue to muddy the water, which of course was the purpose. CV -19 should have not required sending out unsolicited ballots  not happened in any US state

FIFY

The Trump's lawsuits to throw out tens of millions of perfectly legal votes are already thru the courts

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-11-01/factbox-key-legal-battles-shape-upcoming-us-presidential-election

For example, here in North Carolina over 3 1/2 million people have already voted (including myself) and Trump is suing to throw out all of them. Failing that, to throw out all absentee ballots... failing that, to throw out any of them that they can get a judge to throw out

- DSK

7 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

the people spoke last time

the electoral system fuked them over

or

dont you believe every persons vote should count ?

Every person’s vote does count in our republic, we are citizens of our states and represented in the Federal government by the state representatives we elect. 
Each state casts it winning voters intention in the Electoral College total which determines the winner. We are a Union of 50 states not a union of 350 million individuals 

interesting gobbledygook for .. no everyone's vote doesn't count

if they did you wouldn't have a minority elected president

9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Not by Tuesday evening

FIFY

The Trump's lawsuits to throw out tens of millions of perfectly legal votes are already thru the courts

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-11-01/factbox-key-legal-battles-shape-upcoming-us-presidential-election

For example, here in North Carolina over 3 1/2 million people have already voted (including myself) and Trump is suing to throw out all of them. Failing that, to throw out all absentee ballots... failing that, to throw out any of them that they can get a judge to throw out

- DSK

6 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

interesting gobbledygook for .. no everyone's vote doesn't count

if they did you wouldn't have a minority elected president

Rules electing a POTUS  have been working just fine for 250 years. We are the greatest country in the world and the system by far the best model of personal freedom and quest for success... hence people coming to this country from all over the world leaving forever their homeland behind. 

Just now, BravoBravo said:

Rules electing a POTUS  had been working just fine for 250 years. We are the greatest country in the world and the system by far the best model of personal freedom and quest for success... hence people coming to this country from all over the world leaving forever their homeland behind. 

LOL ...  just  ... LOL

delusional much

they haven't worked fine .. hence you now have a minority elected head of state

it is one of the great countries true

but people move from shit hole countries to lesser shit hole countries all the time .. it's not unique to the usa ...not by a long shot

4 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

LOL ...  just  ... LOL

delusional much

but people move from shit hole countries to lesser shit hole countries all the time .. it's not unique to the usa ...not by a long shot

You don’t wear envy well.   Try getting your PM’s equine overbite fixed before trying to meddle in our affairs 

6 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

LOL ...  just  ... LOL

delusional much

Four years ago the USA wasn’t considered a shithole country now it’s almost top of the list, that’s what Donnie must have meant by winning.

7 minutes ago, BravoBravo said:

You don’t wear envy well.   Try getting your PM’s equine overbite fixed before trying to meddle in our affairs 

i will take the equine overbite before endemic corruption anytime

her morals are not lower than a snakes belly so there is a clear difference  between our head of states

im not actually sure what you think im envious of though

could it be ..

your humanitarian health care system ... errr nope

or ..

your respect for wealth over morality .. err nope

just not sure what you think im envious of

37 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Not by Tuesday evening

FIFY

- DSK

What’s the penalty for filing frivolous lawsuits?

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

What’s the penalty for filing frivolous lawsuits?

Nothing if you hand-picked the judge to be a fascist nutball who thinks voting is out of control

The good news is that bunch of these lawsuits have already been dismissed.

- DSK

12 hours ago, Sean said:

What do you think?

It's already getting ugly.

You've got a fleet of armed Vanilla ISIS members driving trucks and trying to run a Biden tour bus off the road. And then there's Y'all Queda blocking the bridge in NY for no reason other than to be intimidating., Trump has emboldened these jackasses.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/11/01/opinion/conservative-supreme-court-justices-are-threatening-post-election-coup/

OPINION

Conservative Supreme Court justices are threatening a post-election coup

They are pushing a theory that makes a mockery of America’s constitutional design.

By Laurence H. Tribe and Steven V. MazieUpdated November 1, 2020, 11:50 a.m.

17 minutes ago, Nice! said:

It's already getting ugly.

You've got a fleet of armed Vanilla ISIS members driving trucks and trying to run a Biden tour bus off the road. And then there's Y'all Queda blocking the bridge in NY for no reason other than to be intimidating., Trump has emboldened these jackasses.

And they will be whipped into a frenzy, spoiling for a fight.

Looks like the US is about to disintegrate and reform into something else.

1 minute ago, astro said:

Looks like the US is about to disintegrate and reform into something else.

Good thing we've got boats, huh?

5 hours ago, Madmax said:

Read an article recently, That a white "nazi" type  , was doing the  for shooting at the Minneapolis police and setting fires to make it look like the protestors were doing.! Then  he post it on face book 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/texas-man-accused-shooting-minneapolis-police-station-73791013.

so be careful who you believe or blame, Trumper's will do anything for their cult leader, Just hope donnie made enough Kool Aid

Just wait until Donnie gives the vanilla ISiS types permission to mount a .50 cal gun on the back of their pickups, you think the Taliban was ignorant and bad, these boys will take stupid to a whole new low.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sean said:

What do you think?

I think it's already happening. Trump caravans trying to force a Biden campaign bus off the road, driving through predominately black precincts trying to block voting, threatening people who have Biden bumper stickers on their cars....

Yeah. It's already started, and there will be blood.

3 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

Every person’s vote does count in our republic, we are citizens of our states and represented in the Federal government by the state representatives we elect. 
Each state casts it winning voters intention in the Electoral College total which determines the winner. We are a Union of 50 states not a union of 350 million individuals 

How's that been working for ya?

Maybe it's well past time to become a union of 350 million souls.  Rather than a union of 50.

12 minutes ago, Keith said:

How's that been working for ya?

Maybe it's well past time to become a union of 350 million souls.  Rather than a union of 50.

Considering how it has worked so far, I only see disaster going down the current path. The slavish dedication to a document written hundreds of years ago is beyond me.

Edit: That could explain my aversion to biblical stuff...

14 hours ago, Sean said:

What do you think?

The violence has been amping up and will continue through voting, I suspect.

I wouldn't be shocked to see some election offices targeted if the results the Trumpaloons want don't come out fast enough.

I mean, these are the people picketing Bill Barr's house for not prosecuting Biden fast enough.

9 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Obama was the best they ever ran and the platform was amazing in my opinion. Too bad he never fulfilled those campaign promises and in the end turned out to be just another tool. But in my view that POS neocon McShame was not exactly a viable alternative and then they ran Romney? Nope both parties are totally and completely corrupt. 

Whatever the aftermath is, it is hard to see the two sides moderating their positions.  Violence will just make the position now, more extreme.

Where this is going, is some catastrophe, extreme violence, that when it is over, both sides never want to see it happen again.

This is very like the divide in Rwanda, before the machetes came out.

7 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

She would have made a decent center-right President

Right center same as sleepy Joe? 

That means more interventionist wars, gun running and corruption. 

At least Obama ran on a platform of change. 

11 hours ago, Venom said:

The only candidate they could have run who would get you to vote for Trump - right?

3 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

Good thing we've got boats, huh?

It's their only way out - they ain't coming here.

7 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

lol... the nation will have spoken...and the country is balanced in the divide... the pendulum is merely swinging back to the middle after a 55 year run on liberal rainbows, unicorns and lollipops.. truly the workers will have spoken.  

The middle of what the fuck? Both american parties are hard-right theocratic nutters. The dems just slightly less so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Unless Biden has already won commandingly, I expect Trump to declare himself the winner NO MATTER WHAT the actual vote counts look like.

No way.  Shitstain is going to declare victory even if he's not won a single state by 9 or 10pm.  11pm at the latest.  

8 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Quite a few reports and pictures of windows being boarded up in NYC, CHI, LA, etc.  Places like Macy’s, Nordstrom, various jewelry stores, etc.

I can't blame them in the slightest.  Because the looters won't care who won.  They just need an excuse to loot.  Just like the looters use a black man dying at the hands of the Po-Leece to loot and steal everything on Miracle Mile.  That was not a protest, that was an organized criminal smash and grab while the Po-Leece were distracted elsewhere with "protests".  

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Massive voter suppression?  Like what in particular?  Have any specific examples?

7 hours ago, BravoBravo said:

BS... all legal and verifiable votes will be counted. Democrats sending out unsolicited ballots to names and addresses on the voting rolls has been and will continue to muddy the water, which of course was the purpose. CV -19 should have not required sending out unsolicited ballots 

Why does a ballot need to be solicited?  I received a ballot in the mail from the local election board.  It had nothing to to do with the democrates sending out unsolicited ballots since I am a registered republican.  It came to me because I am a registered voter at the correct mailing address.  It had my correct legal name on it and everything.  It's not like it's a blank ballot with no name that anyone could fill in.  My signature will be checked against my registration signature when it's received.  

Why do I need to ask for a ballot to be sent to me if I am a registered voter?  The dems had nothing to do with it.  

13 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Massive voter suppression?  Like what in particular?  Have any specific examples?

As usual, beyond stupid - quite malicious in fact. 

Too lazy to even give it a google 

33 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

If you don't see it you are a huge part of the problem.

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
36 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

If you don't see it you are a huge part of the problem.

That's brilliant non-answer. 

No really, I'm not seeing it.  Help me out with some specific examples of "massive voter suppression".

2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

No really, I'm not seeing it.  Help me out with some specific examples of "massive voter suppression".

Look at Texas, with 120K votes being challenged to be discounted because they are drive-through.

I'm through spoon-feeding you. Have a good night.

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Let's include placing a manager at the USPS sympathetic to the White House who then removes postal sorting machines to deliberately slow down the mail in an attempt to suppress the mail-in vote.

Do they not report this stuff on Faux News?

Honestly, Jeff, up until this comment I thought you were coming around to a somewhat reasonable position on this situation.

and then there's this

In 2016, 6.1 million individuals were disenfranchised on account of a conviction, 2.47% of voting-age citizens. As at October 2020, it was estimated that 5.1 million voting-age US citizens were disenfranchised for the 2020 presidential election on account of a felony conviction, 1 in 44 citizens

Americans mull leaving US if Trump wins again

Ahead of election day, American Gabi Mayers has booked a flight to London.

She loves the United States. A lot. But she says life is hard enough without the specter of surging gun sales, extremists plotting to abduct elected officials, and brawls in Times Square amid a caravan of maskless Donald Trump supporters flouting social distancing measures. If Trump wins a second term on Tuesday, that will be the final straw.

“All I’ve ever wanted to do is just be happy, and have peace of mind. And I’m not able to do that in this country,” said Mayers, a 25-year-old producer in New York City.

Mayers intends to leave for around a month and a half to begin with, and she’s not the only one with that instinct. Faced with a country that is seemingly losing its democratic ideals, , some anxious Americans are wrestling with the question of whether to flee.

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

and then there's this

In 2016, 6.1 million individuals were disenfranchised on account of a conviction, 2.47% of voting-age citizens. As at October 2020, it was estimated that 5.1 million voting-age US citizens were disenfranchised for the 2020 presidential election on account of a felony conviction, 1 in 44 citizens

In Florida, we amended our constitution to restore voting rights to felons once they've served their time. It passed with like 66% of the vote or something.

The GOP legislature decided the people "meant" to include "paying off all court costs, fees, and fines" even though the constitutional amendment's wording made no mention of this.

So recently released ex-cons who can't find a job to pay off hundreds or thousands of dollars in past due court costs and late fees are still being disenfranchised.

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Bootlickers gotta bootlick.

37 minutes ago, astro said:

Americans mull leaving US if Trump wins again

Ahead of election day, American Gabi Mayers has booked a flight to London.

She loves the United States. A lot. But she says life is hard enough without the specter of surging gun sales, extremists plotting to abduct elected officials, and brawls in Times Square amid a caravan of maskless Donald Trump supporters flouting social distancing measures. If Trump wins a second term on Tuesday, that will be the final straw.

“All I’ve ever wanted to do is just be happy, and have peace of mind. And I’m not able to do that in this country,” said Mayers, a 25-year-old producer in New York City.

Mayers intends to leave for around a month and a half to begin with, and she’s not the only one with that instinct. Faced with a country that is seemingly losing its democratic ideals, , some anxious Americans are wrestling with the question of whether to flee.

As much as I'm trying to get back to the U.S. now, the idea of returning to the U.S. if Trump is re-elected has absolutely zero appeal. It's dodgy enough as it is going back now, as someone who is middle aged, overweight and has a history of asthma, I may be signing my own death warrant returning to some parts of the U.S. But coming home to watch the U.S. slide the rest of the way into fascism? Nah.

If my parents, father-in-law and kids weren't there, I would keep sailing until I figured something out.

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Bootlickers gotta bootlick.

I guess he's ignorant of all the lawsuits the Trump campaign is filing to both limit the time to count ballots AND hamper the process, discard mail ballots, or in other ways get rid of votes. That's not even including the "Trump Army" of "poll watchers" they're announcing they are assembling.