Jules

How Drunk Are You Getting Tonight?

I might celebrate. That would be two glasses of red wine, and a firm toast to a brighter future.

Just finished what was left in one bottle of scotch. Onto the other opened bottle 

• Like 1

I made myself a black Manhattan around 5pm with some Larceny.

Thats about it. I’m going to go to bed. Maybe they call it by morning, if it’s a landslide.

Otherwise it’s gonna be a waiting game, not a drinking game.

Stay sober to remember the joy of the Trump victory through tomorrow?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Woodbar.thumb.jpg.577fdaa7b537a51c44478f045a4c33f3.jpg

Just take a sip every time one of the talking heads says "IF".  You can do that on an apolitical basis.  WIth luck, you will wake up sometime later in the week when Palm Beach or Broward county has finally come up with a provisional count.

28 minutes ago, warbird said:

Stay sober to remember the joy of the Trump victory through tomorrow?

You? Sober?

43 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You? Sober?

I want to remember this night and I don't have surveillance cameras. Florida

38 minutes ago, warbird said:

I want to remember this night and I don't have surveillance cameras. Florida

It’s possible to drink and not go to the point of blacking out. Yeah, a foreign concept for you, I know.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

It’s possible to drink and not go to the point of blacking out. Yeah, a foreign concept for you, I know.

Uhmmmm....I have 4 years ago on Youtube......

My neighbor said:  Get out a lot of shot glasses.  

Fill one with Scotch Whisky for each state that Biden wins, and pour one back into the bottle for each state that Trump wins.

I hope to get drunk tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, view at the front said:

My neighbor said:  Get out a lot of shot glasses.  

Fill one with Scotch Whisky for each state that Biden wins, and pour one back into the bottle for each state that Trump wins.

I hope to get drunk tonight.

Fingers crossed.  Eastern Washington folks are crazy for Trump.  Willing to go bankrupt or much worse for him.  Given the revenge Trump will exact on Washington State, it will be be instructive.

3 minutes ago, Amati said:

Fingers crossed.  Eastern Washington folks are crazy for Trump.  Willing to go bankrupt or much worse for him.  Given the revenge Trump will exact on Washington State, it will be be instructive.

All these people voting against their better instincts, their religion, and their shoulder angel...what the fuck is wrong with these people?

Just now, Ishmael said:

All these people voting against their better instincts, their religion, and their shoulder angel...what the fuck is wrong with these people?

Ghost Dance.  Guns.  They’ve been had, and they LOVE IT.  They get to save $500 in taxes next year, and sell poisoned crops to the liberals.  The wine trade is imploding, and that’s with the California Wine business cratering because of the fires.  Eastern Washington loves their hate.  With that attitude, finding new markets to replace China will be easy.  Entitled pricks. Lazy pricks looking for a strongman to give them money for nothing.

12 minutes ago, Amati said:

It should be perhaps be another state?

We're also hoping that Fidalgo Island should be the 40th county in WA State.  

I ain't no drinkin' man, much.

So the 16 of Gannsett I had on the way home doesn't count.

Then, neither the dog nor my wife seemed to notice the Titos rocks I poured to walk the dog in the woods when I got home.

Nor the one I sipped while watching the Rock act like a he man on some afternoon movie.

Around supper time she put the remnants of 2 boxes of red and a half bottle of chard on the table since my kid brother has been with us all week. He's the reason there's so much left over boxes and bottles of wine, of course.

After supper there was only one box of red left to empty... I'm pretty sure that's my job since the others are asleep in front of the election coverage.

I love it when my bro visits!

• Like 1

Started with a Long Island.  Worked on boat stuff for a couple hours.

The SO, glued to the TV, says things looking bad for Democracy.

Returned to the bar and poured a Myers & Coke.

Now hunkered down with headphones, listening to music that makes me smile.

Myers & Coke drink quickly vanishing.

Just remember,  tomorrow morning will be here soon, and whomever wins you will have a headache.

Ha ha, it's not like tomorrow is a work day or anything.   Oh wait...

1 hour ago, Swimsailor said:

I'm pretty fucking drunk.  I weep for my country.  Shame on us 

You weep for democracy?

10 minutes ago, warbird said:

You weep for democracy?

I weep for dumbasses like you. 58.5 million idiots and counting. That right there is just fucking sad. 

9 minutes ago, warbird said:

You weep for democracy?

No, it’s alive and well around the world.    I weep for American values, now abandoned.   Ethics.  Equality,   Reason.    Education.  Morality,   Equal representation.    We never lived up to them very well, but didn’t used to be the object of pity and laughter.   Yea Trump,  Yea Republicans.   Pretend the world still respects us.    Call ourself the leader of the free world even while we become irrelevant.    

• Like 2

I think I will celebrate with a nice Pinot.