astro

Trump Voters are not an Aberration

The country you thought it was has not sprung back.

The rednecks and greedy cunts are still there form last time, they are not going away and the fuckers are breeding.

America, this is you now, the new normal.  Half of the USA are racist lying cunts.

• Like 15

• Like 3

Yep, those flag waving boat flotillas and truck convoys were not a noisy minority, they could well be who is on charge for the next decade.

I suspect that America has not changed, it just has a lightening rod to make saying and doing that shit, ok.  They have always been like that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, astro said:

Yep, those flag waving boat flotillas and truck convoys were not a noisy minority, they could well be who is on charge for the next decade.

I suspect that America has not changed, it just has a lightening rod to make saying and doing that shit, ok.  They have always been like that.

Who knew ? We also ended up with Dan and Anna

• Like 1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Not the time guys.

Maybe in a week or 2.

Hope our Govt is ready to implement Plan B and work on the TPP with the other PacRim countries because we're going to need it. The USA looks like being a dead duck or at least a very self-centred & sick one for the foreseeable future.

FKT

• Like 1

Well done, "Maybe in a week or 2. " then went right on and did it!

• Like 1

Just now, astro said:

Well done, "Maybe in a week or 2. " then went right on and did it!

Commenting on an Austrailian's thread on Australia's possible  responses is one thing. Rubbing salt into very fresh wounds is another.

Biden is far from dead yet, But if Democrats don't win the Senate they can look forward to 4 more years of stagnation. But at least we wont feel we have to grovel to avoid the infantile bullying of Trump.

6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Commenting on an Austrailian's thread on Australia's possible  responses is one thing. Rubbing salt into very fresh wounds is another.

Biden is far from dead yet, But if Democrats don't win the Senate they can look forward to 4 more years of stagnation. But at least we wont feel we have to grovel to avoid the infantile bullying of Trump.

This thread is valid regardless of who wins.

The salt is tough love, they have to get used to it, that's how it is.

2 hours ago, astro said:

The rednecks and greedy cunts are still there form last time, they are not going away and the fuckers are breeding.

America, this is you now, the new normal.  Half of the USA are racist lying cunts.

When are you leaving? Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :D

Well. You’re not wrong but that’s not the nicest way to say it.

Sometimes we get Obama or Clinton because the other half of us are pushing. You can either get behind us and push or you can sit on your high horse there on your mostly barren and increasingly hot as fuck rock at the bottom of the world and kick us and pretend that Australia can move the fate of the world like we in The USA can on our worst day. 

I’ll wait for you to respond on your Australian designed computer over your Australian invented internet.

21 minutes ago, Venom said:

Sadly, because of the President's bungled response to COVID, we are a pariah.

countries-open-for-us-travel.jpg

9 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

We’re all packing 

"packing" has a very different meaning in Oz. Used here, it's most apt. :)

image.thumb.png.da51ec8736366debb7e14cb1730eb1c0.png

Just ignore Random/Astro. He's simply shit sledging. A pastime generally frowned upon when the receiving side is down.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:
9 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

We’re all packing 

Just ignore Random/Astro. He's simply shit sledging, a pastime generaly frowned upon when one side is down.

We also call that "pulling a Nugent".

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Not the time guys.

Thanks Meli!  My wife was actually praying yesterday for Biden, something she has not done in decades.  Stopped by the local polling place at 10 of 6 yesterday morning, just before they were to open, and there were a hundred people in line already.  Went back after work, around 3:30 and it was easy-peasy.

11 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Just ignore Random/Astro. He's simply shit sledging. A pastime generally frowned upon when the receiving side is down.

Thank you. I learned something today. And it is exactly what’s going on in my house this morning.

Newt Gingrich and Fox made them visible, they came out in droves under the Kluxer in Chief.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Sadly, because of the President's bungled response to COVID, we are a pariah.

countries-open-for-us-travel.jpg

How could that be when all those countries voted for Trump?

25 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Newt Gingrich and Fox made them visible, they came out in droves under the Kluxer in Chief.

Yup. 45% of the country resents and despises the other 55%. The Not So United States. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

How could that be when all those countries voted for Trump?

Well, he'd be right about russia. Not bad by his standards.

1 minute ago, mathystuff said:

Well, he'd be right about russia. Not bad by his standards.

He's dead wrong about Canada. We'd rather bury Trump and his spawn in a lime pit.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He's dead wrong about Canada. We'd rather bury Trump and his spawn in a lime pit.

In Germany he'd get like 15%, I'd guess. He would probably win poland, hungary and maybe the UK. Rest of europe would go to Biden easily.

So, my daughter had an assignment to watch 15 minutes of network news and 15 minutes of the RW news.

hoky shit. 1st thing in RW news was “liberal democrats are the enemy and we’re ina fight for our way of life”

Borrowed from a friend's post-

It’s happening. I have seen a lot of hate spewed in recent days about a man who is a constant winner and overachiever, and that's what the people who support him like about him. Yes, he's been caught in some lies and maybe twisted the truth a little but he's still out there proving his haters wrong time after time. Some people are just jealous of someone who is successful and has money. Throw in a hot foreign underwear model at his side and they hate him even more. You may not have wanted him in his role, but he's there now and there's nothing you can do about it. I know it’s possibly just going to get worse over the next several days, but like him or not, Tom Brady is turning things around in Tampa.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

No matter who wins, this election indicates that such a high proportion of Americans are now fundamentally ignorant fascist sympathizers that I fear the USA is over as the preeminent country in the world. I can't see a way back for the States from this social condition.

A sad day.

When I was a kid the map of the world was still largely pink even though the British Empire was finished as the leading power in the world.

It never crossed my mind that I'd live to see the same thing happen to the USA.

Luckily for me the transition period to China as the big dog should see me out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Venom said:

:lol: You're such a fucking moron that you think he lives in the States.

A perfect illustration of the mind of the defectives who support Trump.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mathystuff said:

In Germany he'd get like 15%, I'd guess. He would probably win poland, hungary and maybe the UK. Rest of europe would go to Biden easily.

When I worked in Italy (~1990), the fascists pulled about 15%. A friend told me, yeah, but that no one would form a coalition with them. However, television changes things and when you own the network, you get a Berlusconi.

(If) the USA spirals out of control.......

Who steps in to sort out The World's Policeman?

9 hours ago, astro said:

The country you thought it was has not sprung back.

Personally I like cunts.  

6 hours ago, Venom said:

There are a few deplorables who need to feel the door hit their backsides on the way into the cell.

51 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
7 hours ago, Venom said:

:lol: You're such a fucking moron that you think he lives in the States.

A perfect illustration of the mind of the defectives who support Trump.

Apparently, among many other areas, @Venomis ignorant about geography.  Note "Location".

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 2.22.05 PM.png

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Not the time guys.

It's not your country, luv. We Americans will decide when it's the time to talk about our own country.

And it is absolutelyfuckingtrue about the U.S. Many of us have operated on the assumption for years that the U.S. truly is a democracy, the land of the free with equal opportunity and freedom for all. That racial prejudice, bigotry and small-mindedness were on the wane, and we were growing for a smarter, better and stronger future.

This election - no matter the results of the presidential race - has proved that none of that is really true at all.

In fact, almost half the country is just fine running on ignorance, racism and greed. This IS who we are.

Many minorities in the U.S. will tell us it has always been who we were. If you think about it, from the perspective of a black American, is this country really all that great? My parents, still alive, were born in 1941. The heart of the Jim Crow era, still. They lived in New England, but there were still "sundown towns" up there. There are still many living Americans who pre-date the civil rights era and had to put up with this shit.

Can anyone here say they'd really want to have lived as a black man in the south in the 1950s? Emmitt Till was murdered in 1955 because a white woman lied about how he talked to her. He was a few months older than my father, visiting relatives in Mississippi. Coming from Chicago, he really appreciate what could happen to him for standing too close to a white woman in the south. And his murderers were acquitted.

When people say "Make America Great Again" this is the time period they want to bring us back to - the 1950s, when women and Negroes knew their places. When else are they talking about? The sixties, with civil rights, the Vietnam War, and the sexual revolution? The 70s? Women's liberation, Watergate and disco? The 1980s? Some are pining for Ronald Reagan, but we know that's not what they mean, and he was way too liberal for these people anyway.

So that's what the MAGA crowd - almost half the country - wants. A return to a country where women and minorities are deferent and white people have the advantage everywhere.

I'd say "this is isn't the America I knew," but really, it is. Growing up white and male in America, I have to LOOK to see the racism and sexism because it never applies to me. But it's there, it's always been there. "Political correctness" just meant that like your dick, you couldn't take it out and play with it in public. But it never went away, and people got sick of having to bite their tongues.

So we're going to "Make America Great Again" to bring America back to some white ideal that never existed at the expense of equality and opportunity for all.

In a decent country, a Donald Trump wouldn't get 10% of the vote. He'd be a fringe lunatic of a fringe party. That this race is even close is an indictment on the national character of the United States of America. We were measured and found wanting. We are not a decent country.

As evadent.

• Like 17
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Apparently, among many other areas, @Venomis ignorant about geography.  Note "Location".

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 2.22.05 PM.png

Vermin's an idiot.

50 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

It's not your country, luv. We Americans will decide when it's the time to talk about our own country.

well unfortunately you don't get to decide that at all, as evadent from randoms's starting this thread.

I'm simply pointing out to my compatriots that you should be allowed a little time to self reflect before one sticks the boot in. :D

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

well unfortunately you don't get to decide that at all, as evadent from randoms's starting this thread.

I'm simply pointing out to my compatriots that you should be allowed a little time to self reflect before one sticks the boot in. :D

Fair enough, but I was already contemplating starting a similar thread and had already formulated most of my response in my head anyway.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

When I worked in Italy (~1990), the fascists pulled about 15%. A friend told me, yeah, but that no one would form a coalition with them. However, television changes things and when you own the network, you get a Berlusconi.

There is hope though.

Just had a State election here and the incumbent 'left' won.  Better, was that the Trump equivalent (One Nation Party) collapsed spectacularly, got one seat.  The State voted for, with a 4% swing to them, the party that closed our borders, locked the place down and virtually eliminated COVID-19 here.

The Deputy Premier was voted out as punishment for a dumb act of opportunism with a real estate deal (one house) that would not even be on the radar at Trump level.  Gooooorrrne.

But I digress.

The US election outcome will affect the entire planet including Australia.  Our Federal government is on the right and the Prime Minister is a church-goer.  There are already signs of the same bullshit infiltrating Australia, I do not want to see Trump succeed and provide an model for more of that here, or anywhere else.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

And it is absolutelyfuckingtrue about the U.S. Many of us have operated on the assumption for years that the U.S. truly is a democracy, the land of the free with equal opportunity and freedom for all. That racial prejudice, bigotry and small-mindedness were on the wane, and we were growing for a smarter, better and stronger future.

This election - no matter the results of the presidential race - has proved that none of that is really true at all.

In fact, almost half the country is just fine running on ignorance, racism and greed. This IS who we are.

Many minorities in the U.S. will tell us it has always been who we were. If you think about it, from the perspective of a black American, is this country really all that great? My parents, still alive, were born in 1941. The heart of the Jim Crow era, still. They lived in New England, but there were still "sundown towns" up there. There are still many living Americans who pre-date the civil rights era and had to put up with this shit.

Can anyone here say they'd really want to have lived as a black man in the south in the 1950s? Emmitt Till was murdered in 1955 because a white woman lied about how he talked to her. He was a few months older than my father, visiting relatives in Mississippi. Coming from Chicago, he really appreciate what could happen to him for standing too close to a white woman in the south. And his murderers were acquitted.

When people say "Make America Great Again" this is the time period they want to bring us back to - the 1950s, when women and Negroes knew their places. When else are they talking about? The sixties, with civil rights, the Vietnam War, and the sexual revolution? The 70s? Women's liberation, Watergate and disco? The 1980s? Some are pining for Ronald Reagan, but we know that's not what they mean, and he was way too liberal for these people anyway.

So that's what the MAGA crowd - almost half the country - wants. A return to a country where women and minorities are deferent and white people have the advantage everywhere.

I'd say "this is isn't the America I knew," but really, it is. Growing up white and male in America, I have to LOOK to see the racism and sexism because it never applies to me. But it's there, it's always been there. "Political correctness" just meant that like your dick, you couldn't take it out and play with it in public. But it never went away, and people got sick of having to bite their tongues.

So we're going to "Make America Great Again" to bring America back to some white ideal that never existed at the expense of equality and opportunity for all.

In a decent country, a Donald Trump wouldn't get 10% of the vote. He'd be a fringe lunatic of a fringe party. That this race is even close is an indictment on the national character of the United States of America. We were measured and found wanting. We are not a decent country.

As evadent.

May I share this?

If so, with or without attribution?

That time is long gone.  The boot is already in. 

Biden win or Biden lose, it's fairly evadent that the people who would heal the country need to do a little more reflecting on WHY so many people would vote for a (insert favourite pejorative)

Them being (insert favorited pejorative) is not enough.

The Dems had four years to find the root causes and the only solution they could come up with was an old man still living in the blue collar world of his childhood. I wish Joe B well, but it's not enough going forward. 

• Like 1

I'm simply pointing out to my compatriots that you should be allowed a little time to self reflect before one sticks the boot in.

12b46c_c35d46ac9e414e84957d2b88b38edc2d~

16 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

May I share this?

Absolutely you can, you can attribute if you want, or not.

Though if I was publishing it elsewhere I'd start on the 4th sentence "Many of us..."

And drop the last one...

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

your schadenfreude is showing. Not nice .

He’s honest. The Trump trash that lie their ass off here aren’t rare or an aberration. Just vicious ignorant trash.

Just now, Shortforbob said:

your schadenfreude is showing. Not nice .

No schadenfreude here, I'm fucking angry and looking for someone to kick.

I genuinely do see that Americans share the responsibility for this situation, most are complicit, not enough has been done before now.

1 minute ago, astro said:

No schadenfreude here, I'm fucking angry and looking for someone to kick.

I genuinely do see that Americans share the responsibility for this situation, most are complicit, not enough has been done before now.

I agree, but Trump's the result not the cause.

• Like 1

Trump voters are not an aberration, they are an abomination....(Not an "Obama Nation").

16 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:
31 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

May I share this?

Absolutely you can, you can attribute if you want, or not.

Though if I was publishing it elsewhere I'd start on the 4th sentence "Many of us..."

And drop the last one...

I posted a tidied version on FB...

29 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Biden win or Biden lose, it's fairly evadent that the people who would heal the country need to do a little more reflecting on WHY so many people would vote for a (insert favourite pejorative)

Them being (insert favorited pejorative) is not enough.

The Dems had four years to find the root causes and the only solution they could come up with was an old man still living in the blue collar world of his childhood. I wish Joe B well, but it's not enough going forward. 

Sounds nice in general EXCEPT that the specifics require finding a way to make poorly educated aging white people secure that they will be in charge and economically secure even as a racial minority with obsolete skills, reassure them that uppity minority people won't be a threat to their well being or livelihoods, show them that white lives matter most. Oh yes and in Florida that Castro was the devil and we will continue punishing Cuba.

Trump voters chose "crime and personal safety" as their #2 issue after the economy. That is code for uppity minorities. They are bothered more by property destruction than watching a man die calling for his mother on TV.  Slaveowners used to fear slave rebellions. After the Recent Unpleasantness, rich whites pit poor whites against freedman. Old Kluxers never die out, they just MAGA.

• Like 2

From The Daily Beast Opinion pages:

On Election Day 2020, good and evil were on the ballot and, by the day after, it appeared American voters were deeply split as to which they supported. But even if, as seems likely as of this writing, good ekes out a narrow victory, immense damage has been done by an American president who has compounded his past crimes with what is nothing less than an attempted coup and by the substantial constituency for evil that remained an important force in American politics.

Astonishingly, in the small hours of the morning, as we watched the election returns in bleary horror, on the most bizarre and disturbing election night in American history, the normalizers were at it again. Sure, some of them were trying to be calm and say all is fine, the guardrails will hold. But they did a huge disservice to the degree that they understated the extraordinary nature of the president’s words and actions and the very real and likely damage the president has just done.

It is dangerously misleading to underplay the danger posed by Donald Trump right now. Yes, our system should still work. It appears, barring something unforeseen, that it still will. But the unavoidable truth is that so far, for four years now, it often has not. Manifold crimes have gone unpunished. Our institutions have come under repeated assault from those sworn to protect them.

All that was compounded and perhaps even transcended by the fact that early on Wednesday morning, Trump yet again made clear his desire to carry forward a criminal plan he announced weeks ago. He sought to launch a direct assault against the American people and the Constitution he promised to “preserve, protect and defend.” He made clear he would, given the opportunity, attempt to steal the power that Constitution gives to us as individuals and collectively, as an electorate. And anyone who blithely takes for granted that coup will not succeed, because "our system doesn't work that way,” anyone who assumes he can't yet pervert the outcome of this election with the aid of his corrupt attorney general, his illegitimate judges and their patrons in the still GOP-led Senate, has just not been paying attention.

Remember—never forget--he betrayed the country even before he took office.

He stole from taxpayers. He committed human rights abuses on our border. He served a foreign enemy. He obstructed justice. He turned U.S. government forces against peaceful protestors. He contributed to the deaths of hundreds of thousands to advance his political interests.

And so far, he has gotten away with all of it. Every time he crushed a norm or violated a standard or kicked a law or constitutional provision to the curb, it was he who succeeded and the system that failed. It was he who benefited and all of us who were made to suffer or pay. We should take very seriously therefore the possibility that Trump’s efforts to cloud the results of the election and to fulfill his sponsor Vladimir Putin’s fondest desire—weakening American democracy and America’s standing in the world—will at least to some degree succeed.

But even if, in the end, he is not the one who is taking the oath of office on January 20, even if somehow, some of the few remaining guardrails in our system hold, we must fight like hell any effort to normalize what he has sought to do—what he tried to initiate at 2:30 a.m. on the morning November 4, 2020--as mere lies or typical Trumpian excess.

It was—successful or not—an act unprecedented in our history, an attempted coup by a president. It was the ultimate betrayal of our democracy. It placed America a hair's breadth away from becoming an autocracy.

Yes, it is hard to imagine the shock and the horror associated with the election of 2016 have been exceeded. But they have been. A president with the blood of tens of thousands on his hands, a man plausibly accused of serial corruption, of crimes against humanity, of being a traitor…along with all those who enabled, supported and protected him. None of them has been repudiated. Rather they have retained power.

In addition, Trump aside, think of the message being sent by returning Mitch McConnell and his mob to the Senate majority. Think how they will take it. Think of what they will read into Tuesday’s results. They will feel again elevated above the law. They will be further intoxicated by their sense of their own impunity. And they will be right if they draw the conclusion that a major, unwavering bloc of Americans do not care about democracy or the rule of law or fairness or decency or even about human life, that they are motivated only by cheap populism, by racism and greed and twisted ideologies.

“No, do not be calm. Do not accept it. Do not count on cooler heads to prevail. Push back. Demand accountability.”

You cannot and must not see this election—even if it results as it appears it may in a welcome victory for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris—as anything other than indisputable proof that our system is, at its heart and in many ways, broken, that much of our society twisted by racism and greed has lost their way, that we’re on a path that unreversed could lead to the end of democracy, greatness and even goodness in the United States.

But even for all that, do not lose sight of this week’s paramount crime: that of Trump himself. Here is a serial betrayer of country and oath doing his corrosive worst, a cancer not only on the presidency but on our entire democratic system weakening it, threatening its viability and doing damage from which it will take generations to recover.

No, do not be calm. Do not accept it. Do not count on cooler heads to prevail. Push back. Demand accountability. Resist via every means at your disposal and recognize that the most powerful of all those means, the ballot box, has now been compromised and, at very least, was at real risk of of being stolen by a thief.

And should Trump ultimately accept his loss, as he should, beyond the accountability that the law demands of him and his co-conspirators, we must demand that he and they and their enablers and what they are doing are condemned for all time as what they are, are characterized as they should be.

He is a would-be dictator. He is a criminal. He is a traitor. He is a friend to our enemies and an enemy of our country and our system. He must never be granted the deference past holders of his office have been given. He has disqualified himself.

His legacy is one of death and pain and debasement. His reward should be ignominy and such punishments as the law and justice demand. Not because what he had done is merely outrageous, but because our system and our country will, in fact, never recover unless we acknowledge the unprecedented severity of the crimes he is now seeking to commit before our very eyes.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/good-and-evil-were-on-the-ballot-and-america-is-on-the-edge?ref=home

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Sounds nice in general EXCEPT that the specifics require finding a way to make poorly educated aging white people secure that they will be in charge and economically secure even as a racial minority with obsolete skills, reassure them that uppity minority people won't be a threat to their well being or livelihoods, show them that white lives matter most. Oh yes and in Florida that Castro was the devil and we will continue punishing Cuba.

Trump voters chose "crime and personal safety" as their #2 issue after the economy. That is code for uppity minorities. They are bothered more by property destruction than watching a man die calling for his mother on TV.  Slaveowners used to fear slave rebellions. After the Recent Unpleasantness, rich whites pit poor whites against freedman. Old Kluxers never die out, they just MAGA.

Those old white people will be dead soon. 

It's really about catching the next generation, finding their aspirations and acting on them...and then catch their children.

Dems need a ten year plan or better, the USA needs another slightly progressive Rural party to keep the other two on their toes. 

It will take time..They wasted this last 4 years.

Their Kluxer kids, same ones doing the raftups without masks and going to Kluxer in Chief rallies (look carefully at rally video) will be voting for Don Jr or Ivanka or Jared whichever eats the other 2. THEY are even more poorly educated than boomer kluxers.

It's all over but the hoods and cross burnings.

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

As evadent.

Truest, bestest political post to date!!  Thanks, BJ!! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Their Kluxer kids, same ones doing the raftups without masks and going to Kluxer in Chief rallies (look carefully at rally video) will be voting for Don Jr or Ivanka or Jared whichever eats the other 2. THEY are even more poorly educated than boomer kluxers.

It's all over but the hoods and cross burnings.

I have a lot of faith in today's kids. They need something to believe in. So..work hard and give them something noble to believe in.

Find out what they want..really want.

5 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Truest, bestest political post to date!!  Thanks, BJ!! 

I started a new MAGA thread with this, and attributed to BJ.

There is a very famous novel called "My Brother Chuck" written by yours truly, in which one of the characters says "the problem with democracy is that 50% of the population has an IQ under 100."  Although it was referring to Hitler in the book, I wrote it because of the current situation.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wal' said:

China

That's the problem.

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
3 hours ago, wal' said:

China

That's the problem.

UN Peacekeepers might be a good first try. Definitely should have had some UN Election Observers.

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

UN Peacekeepers might be a good first try.

Because they've been so (in)effective in the past?

Close to 50% of US voters support the status quo. Might be time for another secessionist movement.

FKT

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Close to 50% of US voters support the status quo. Might be time for another secessionist movement.

FKT

It's definitely an Urban/Rural schism of major import.

14 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Not the time guys.

Why? In case you haven't noticed, this is not our election. It is always time to kick Anna the wog and Dangerous Dan.

6 hours ago, wal' said:

When did that ever happen in the last 75 years?

World's terrorist more like it.  Maybe you should talk to some more people, like the Vietnamese of the Iraqis.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Why? In case you haven't noticed, this is not our election. It is always time to kick Anna the wog and Dangerous Dan.

Wasn't talking to Dark Cloud. But why he feels it necessary to bring his moaning about Dan and Anna out of the Covid thread in SA over to a thread about the US election in PA is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

No, because having a pile of armed Black guys in unfamiliar uniforms patrolling the streets of America would make heads explode.

The west coast of the US has been having a whinge regarding joining us in Cascadia. That would be interesting, and weird.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

It's definitely an Urban/Rural schism of major import.

Yeah and people with BJ's attitudes are doing their damnedest to make it worse. Yeah a lot of Trump supporters are racist, fascist fuckwits but if you classify every single Repug supporter as such, you've no chance of winning them over, in fact like most humans they'll double down on stubbornness. His holier-than-thou everyone not with me is against me and by definition wrong would likely make ME vote against whatever he was supporting. No fucking nuance there at all.

Will demographics give you a win over time? Well maybe, but maybe not too.

political parties here - the 2 main ones anyway - have made an art form out of stealing good ideas from the other side's policy statements and adopting them. It keeps both reasonably towards the centre. You guys seem to do your best to drive people to the extremes instead.

Your country. If you weren't a world military/economic power I wouldn't give a damn quite frankly.

FKT

4 hours ago, astro said:

There is hope though.

Just had a State election here and the incumbent 'left' won.  Better, was that the Trump equivalent (One Nation Party) collapsed spectacularly, got one seat.  The State voted for, with a 4% swing to them, the party that closed our borders, locked the place down and virtually eliminated COVID-19 here.

The Deputy Premier was voted out as punishment for a dumb act of opportunism with a real estate deal (one house) that would not even be on the radar at Trump level.  Gooooorrrne.

But I digress.

The US election outcome will affect the entire planet including Australia.  Our Federal government is on the right and the Prime Minister is a church-goer.  There are already signs of the same bullshit infiltrating Australia, I do not want to see Trump succeed and provide an model for more of that here, or anywhere else.

You are as bad as some of my ignorant Right wing mates who think that because they support Scomo they need to hate on Bidon. US politics are a world away from Australian political ideology. By US standards our two major parties are centrist with very little actual policy difference, it is more about the speed and extent of change. But you are right that the extreme parties with their fucked up ideologies (Like the greens and one nation) have been pretty much kicked to the curb. And before that vein on your forehead starts throbbing about the seat of South Brisbane, The LNP gifted that seat to the Greens as a 'fuck you' to Jackie Trad. If they had preferenced her above your communists she would have retained the seat. I hope you write a nice thank you letter to the LNP. Oh and we won the football last night so who gives a fuck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, astro said:

World's terrorist more like it.  Maybe you should talk to some more people, like the Vietnamese of the Iraqis.

What about those Croatians of Paraguay?

5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

No, because having a pile of armed Black guys in unfamiliar uniforms patrolling the streets of America would make heads explode.

The west coast of the US has been having a whinge regarding joining us in Cascadia. That would be interesting, and weird.

And just where are you going to get highly disciplined troops who understand and follow rules of engagement from?

The west coast isn't going to secede anyway. That would cut off access to the Pacific so the rest of the country wouldn't permit it. There'd be a civil war over it pretty much instantly. Maybe if California got cut in half and the northern half went to Cascadia. Nice pipe dream though.

FKT

3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

If you weren't a world military/economic power I wouldn't give a damn quite frankly.

indeed.

and that's the rub , like it or not what happens in America does affect outside her boarders .

Wasn't talking to Dark Cloud. But why he feels it necessary to bring his moaning about Dan and Anna out of the Covid thread in SA over to a thread about the US election in PA is beyond me.

To get a rise out of you maybe? Looked pretty successful to me.

Just now, Fah Kiew Tu said:

And just where are you going to get highly disciplined troops who understand and follow rules of engagement from?

Russia!

The west coast isn't going to secede anyway. That would cut off access to the Pacific so the rest of the country wouldn't permit it. There'd be a civil war over it pretty much instantly. Maybe if California got cut in half and the northern half went to Cascadia. Nice pipe dream though.

FKT

I'm personally against it. I don't think our cultures are currently compatible.

Just now, LB 15 said:

To get a rise out of you maybe? Looked pretty successful to me.

Pretty low bar though.

FKT

• Like 1

Just now, Ishmael said:

Same. Any time I hear US citizens moaning about their politics and threatening to migrate to Australia, I think - fuck off. We don't want you or your toxic and divisive politics. Any of you.

FKT

Just now, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Pretty low bar though.

FKT

I find that in the gentle art of trolling, the low hanging fruit are the sweetest and for us lazy cunts they never falls far from the tree.

• Like 1

Just now, LB 15 said:

I find that in the gentle art of trolling, the low hanging fruit are the sweetest and for us lazy cunts they never falls far from the tree.

Try nacradriver over in GA in the drugs thread.

I get bored after 2 or 3 exchanges tho. Time to get back to the workshop.

BTW I hope things have improved for you business-wise now the covid shit-storm seems to be abating. I doubt I'll make it up to Qld until maybe March/April at the earliest.

FKT

9 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Don't call me low hanging fruit, that's really rude!

(and your grammar sucks)

:P

I think there was the belief among white America that because we'd elected Obama, that we thought we somehow suddenly solved all the racial issues - I mean come-on - the most powerful man in America is African-American. But the last 4 years have certainly put-paid to the lie. It took us 100 years to realize the promise of the Civil War with the Civil Rights Act. It's taken another 55 to start delivering on the promise of the civil rights movement. It does disappoint me that 48% of my countrymen are a-holes, but that's probably a big reduction. 

13 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I agree. 

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Try nacradriver over in GA in the drugs thread.

I get bored after 2 or 3 exchanges tho. Time to get back to the workshop.

BTW I hope things have improved for you business-wise now the covid shit-storm seems to be abating. I doubt I'll make it up to Qld until maybe March/April at the earliest.

FKT

Business is off the scale - the last two months are our all time records sales in 23 years of operation and that not even our normal high season. I am not naive enough to think it will continue, it is simply a reflection of locking up 3.5 million, healthy, covid free bored people inside the state. Now that the boarders are slightly open again it will taper. But it has almost erased the losses from 12 weeks shut down. I think the time is approaching for me to join you in the ranks of the idle. I have been enjoying exploring the coast from the dry side. Sailing bores me to tears now. 

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

(and your grammar sucks)

No shit Sherlock. I blame it on that privileged private school education that my parents burdened me with. I did how ever learn how to Row, play Rugby, roll joints and tune chicks so it wasn't a complete waste of their money and my time.

38 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Yeah and people with BJ's attitudes are doing their damnedest to make it worse. Yeah a lot of Trump supporters are racist, fascist fuckwits but if you classify every single Repug supporter as such, you've no chance of winning them over, in fact like most humans they'll double down on stubbornness. His holier-than-thou everyone not with me is against me and by definition wrong would likely make ME vote against whatever he was supporting. No fucking nuance there at all. 

Will demographics give you a win over time? Well maybe, but maybe not too.

political parties here - the 2 main ones anyway - have made an art form out of stealing good ideas from the other side's policy statements and adopting them. It keeps both reasonably towards the centre. You guys seem to do your best to drive people to the extremes instead.

Your country. If you weren't a world military/economic power I wouldn't give a damn quite frankly.

FKT

This kind of whiny nonsense I have no patience for. Trumpsters complaining that we "made them vote for Trump" by pointing out that Trump and his policies are racist and by voting for him you give your tacit support to racism is the biggest line of childish horseshit going.

YOU push the voting lever, not me. It's your choice how to vote, not mine. If you can't evaluate that choice without childish sentiment because someone held you accountable for your beliefs actions it's not my fucking problem.

I cut some slack in 2016, a lot of us knew that Trump was a racist, useless grifter but not everyone did.

In 2020...everyone knows Trump and what he is. We all saw his reckless behavior, his utter incompetence, his non-stop lying, his destructive policies. His ongoing attemps to undermine the election integrity, the continued lawlessness. The lack of accountability.

YOU own your vote, not me. If someone chooses to vote for Trump, you think we should just let it pass without holding you accountable for it...why?

Adults should take responsibility for their votes. Own your Trumpism if you voted for him, don't cloak it for trying to blame me for telling you he's a bad guy.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

This kind of whiny nonsense I have no patience for. Trumpsters complaining that we "made them vote for Trump" by pointing out that Trump and his policies are racist and by voting for him you give your tacit support to racism is the biggest line of childish horseshit going.

YOU push the voting lever, not me. It's your choice how to vote, not mine. If you can't evaluate that choice without childish sentiment because someone held you accountable for your beliefs actions it's not my fucking problem.

I cut some slack in 2016, a lot of us knew that Trump was a racist, useless grifter but not everyone did.

In 2020...everyone knows Trump and what he is. We all saw his reckless behavior, his utter incompetence, his non-stop lying, his destructive policies. His ongoing attemps to undermine the election integrity, the continued lawlessness. The lack of accountability.

YOU own your vote, not me. If someone chooses to vote for Trump, you think we should just let it pass without holding you accountable for it...why?

Adults should take responsibility for their votes. Own your Trumpism if you voted for him, don't cloak it for trying to blame me for telling you he's a bad guy.

Um...FKT is a Tasmanian/Australian.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Um...FKT is a Tasmanian/Australian.

I know, I'm speaking to/about the general citizen here on the concept of taking responsibility for your own vote, not FKT.

Trump voters need to own their Trumpism.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, astro said:

Well I won't waste my time talking to you......

You still haven't told me where that fkn airplane is.....

• Like 1

Take a lesson from Biden. Do not engage Trumpsters in discussions. It gives them oxygen where they have none. Gives them the legitimacy they lack. Plus they do not care. It is wholly pointless. Observe how Biden ignored the bullhorn about the laptop, and is now ignoring the vote counting dumpster fire.