Sign in to follow this  
carlosgp5

brazilian style parking

That's going to be an interesting story.

Nevere been eto Brazile and haive seene saime sorte of thinge...............                                :)

• Like 3

wtf just happened there? Backs boat in, hits dock, throttles away and falls off? And the rescue boat tries the same technique? Not sure where you park your boat Snags but I’ve never seen anything quite like that. 

1 minute ago, whydah_gally said:

nazi

'schocke' mackes me laffe, butte why do you saye so ?                              :)

(I no Ime am feedeng a trolle)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's when having a fuel shut-off is handy

FB- Doug

true that, but this going around in circles might also need some explanification ... initial idea would be cable to quadrant broke but then first turn is to starboard and next ones are to port, kinda weird

nazi ????? hey now wider galley, Godwin usually kicks in a bit later

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Albatros said:

true that, but this going around in circles might also need some explanification ... initial idea would be cable to quadrant broke but then first turn is to starboard and next ones are to port, kinda weird

If they backed into docke, lottes of thinges coude of happende..........               :)

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

If they backed into docke, lottes of thinges coude of happende..........               :)

yep, like a rutter gone berserk, but then one has to wonder why the burst of oomph on the throttle, unless somewhere underneath in the catacombs down below the one was messing with the other, the suspense !

i was expecting another type of Brazilian Parking lot  ;-)

• Like 5

Lone person backs in, takes out of reverse puts in forward to slow backing.. jump off back with rudder hard over and a line in hand, ..expecting to hop back on as line snugs, to put boat in reverse and set the second aft line....problem is the line he jumps off with  fouls the throttle at the pedestal and away goes the boat before he can cleat it....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dacapo said:

You wingenutte!                                       :)

I was expecting a close shave but this,  was unexpected.

Looks like some one was jumping to the dock and snagged the throttle somehow which might explain the sudden accerleration

Well fortunately its all on vid because you would never be able to explain all of the damage any other way.

Probably gave someone at insurance a headache

edit see Eva Od beat me too it.

6 minutes ago, EvaOdland said:

Lone person backs in, takes out of reverse puts in forward to slow backing.. jump off back with rudder hard over and a line in hand, ..expecting to hop back on as line snugs, to put boat in reverse and set the second aft line....problem is the line he jumps off with  fouls the throttle at the pedestal and away goes the boat before he can cleat it....

on 2nd and 3rd review of vid you might be right, seems to me the guy never got on land, seems like he landed right at the back of the yacht in da water, not 100% sure though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Albatros said:

seems to me the guy never got on land

you can see him climb onto quay and run for the rescue boat...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EvaOdland said:

you can see him climb onto quay and run for the rescue boat...

ah yes, you are right, was always focusing on the yacht,  so guy jumps, lands in water, yacht goes all wild, guy clambers ashore and goes after the yacht, good job Sherlock.

1 hour ago, whydah_gally said:

nazi

Second Nazi reference today Cris

16 minutes ago, hiroller said:

Love that splash as the skipper falls off the back.

my guess is the line fouled the throttle as he was standing on the swim platform about to step  off....ugh....that must have been a really shitty feeling....in the water helpless...watching the boat rocket off...

1 hour ago, whydah_gally said:

nazi

You go girl

5BB37989-5EEF-4E88-AC0E-7B2783BB7694.jpeg

Do you think the same person fell overboard both times? Might have had too much to drink!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Trevor B said:

Do you think the same person fell overboard both times? Might have had too much to drink!

Those are just his Sea Legs.

Whadya do with a drunken sailor?  Whadya do with a drunken sailor? Whadya do with a drunken sailor earlie in the morn'n?

F'n awesome video.

I hope that was the owner driving and not the delivery skipper; It will help with the call to the insurance company.

34 minutes ago, Glenn McCarthy said:

Whadya do with a drunken sailor earlie in the morn'n?

I suggest either destroy the evidence or plead with the insurance company

2 hours ago, Trevor B said:

“Shit!Uncle Terry saw me! Fuck me dead, dickface!”

Uncle Terry is apparently the name given to a liquor store manager in Australia from what I gather 

His reviews are the best!!!

4 hours ago, dacapo said:

it was in rio... and just discovered the name of the boat "bichona" ; trust me that means faggot in english... or could be like "huge faggot"...

the boat that she smashed and took the mast was a classic over 100 years old...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carlosgp5 said:

it was in rio... and just discovered the name of the boat "bichona" ; trust me that means faggot in english... or could be like "huge faggot"...

the boat that she smashed and took the mast was a classic over 100 years old...

Was that the first boat? It did look like an Etchells but hard to be sure in the video. That's a real shame too, since insurance rarely makes things as good as before.

FB- Doug

13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's when having a fuel shut-off is handy

FB- Doug

its amazing how long you can still run as the last of fuel gets sucked through the system

• Like 1

13 hours ago, carlosgp5 said:

wtf does that mean

A pre-pubescent troll, just ignore it.

15 hours ago, Albatros said:

My guess - that the rudder was to starboard, but he's got his anchor down and the chain wraps those of the two boats.

12 hours ago, VWAP said:

Where's the finished product?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Was that the first boat? It did look like an Etchells but hard to be sure in the video. That's a real shame too, since insurance rarely makes things as good as before.

FB- Doug

i don't think there are etchells here in brazil. it might be a classical 6-meter or 8-meter boat belonging, i believe, to the grael family, as this happened atthe club they are members and where they have their boats.

• Like 1

i recieved this on a WhatsApp group as being the official tale from the accident by the skipper himself - i could not verify it's authenticity. machine translated from portuguese.

"Description of the accident of the Bichona sailboat on 10/25/2020 at 18:41 in Sailing in Niterói.
Returning from a charter where I left the crew at Urca, I stopped the stern boat at the pier. The boat was very fast aft and so I gave a quick acceleration for the boat to stop and I throw the cable on the bridge's head, but I fell in the water (18:41:50) and the boat started to run. I had already made the bow mooring, but the boat broke like a bakery string. He hit the Barbra for the first time, which is a classic wooden boat about 100 years old and went against the pier and hit the pier almost aft. He gave the second hit at Barbra where he wrapped himself up with Contra Pino, which is another 32-foot old wooden boat and after 6 laps we managed to get on the Bichona and disengage it. See at 18.45.15 that we started to take a boat that was on the pier, close to the club's launch right at the bottom of the video and that at 18.45.40, I fell into the water again with the acceleration of the boat.
With a lot of self-confidence for having done the same maneuver dozens of times, I was not careful to go a little slower to touch the pier.
An important detail was that I left the club in the morning with autopilot and after picking up the crew at Urca I noticed that the boat was very prone to starboard and the autopilot was not holding the boat straight and so I spent the rest of the day holding the rudder on hand. I had drunk one, and only one can of beer in the afternoon and I was unable to get another beer after the crew disembarked, as I could not leave the boat on autopilot, because it was not going straight.
It could have been worse, I just scraped my nose on the bridge, a broken Barbra's mast and a substantial financial loss that could have been greater.
I'm still very sad on the one hand and thanking you for not having been worse.
It is the homework of not having self-confidence, because this is when everything happens.
Good winds to all"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jesposito said:

Where's the finished product?

Dats pay per view

• Like 1

The big boat and the little boat left side by side and were inseparable friends ever since...................

I just live stories with happy endings

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Albatros said:

Marine NASCAR

Pretty impressive launch driving.  Thank god it got hung up with the 2 smaller boats or it would have caused a ton of damage.  Must have a big prop and engine!

44 minutes ago, Trovão said:

i recieved this on a WhatsApp group as being the official tale from the accident by the skipper himself - i could not verify it's authenticity. machine translated from portuguese.

(...)
"It is the homework of not having self-confidence, because this is when everything happens."

Fantastic, Trovão! Thanks!

If you don't mind, can you post the original, portuguese version of that last sentence?

2 minutes ago, Virgulino Ferreira said:

If you don't mind, can you post the original, portuguese version of that last sentence?

No problem. Would you like me to post the whole original text too?

5 minutes ago, Virgulino Ferreira said:

here we go...

"Descrição do acidente do veleiro Bichona no dia 25/10/2020 às 18:41 no Sailing em Niterói. 
Voltando de um charter onde deixei os tripulantes na Urca, fui parar o barco de popa no cais. O barco estava muito rápido de popa e então dei uma acelerada rápida para frente para o barco parar e eu jogar o cabo no cabeço da ponte, porém caí na água (18:41:50) e o barco saiu em disparada. Eu já havia feito a amarração de proa, mas o barco arrebentou igual a barbante de padaria. Deu a primeira batida no Barbra que é um barco clássico de madeira  com cerca de 100 anos e  foi de encontro ao cais e bateu de lateral quase popa no cais. Deu a segunda batida no Barbra onde se enrolou com o Contra Pino que é outro barco antigo de madeira de 32 pés e após 6 voltas conseguimos embarcar no Bichona e desengrená-lo. Veja na hora 18.45.15 que começamos a pegar um bote que estava no cais, perto da lancha do clube bem na parte de baixo do vídeo e que às 18.45.40, caí novamente na água com a aceleração do bote. 
Com muita auto-confiança por ter feito a mesma manobra dezenas de vezes,  não tomei o devido cuidado em ir um pouco mais devagar para encostar no cais.
Detalhe importante foi que sai do clube de manhã com piloto automático e após pegar os tripulantes na Urca notei que o barco estava com muita tendência para boreste e o piloto automático não estava segurando o barco reto e então passei o resto do dia segurando o leme na mão. Havia bebido uma, e somente uma latinha de cerveja de tarde e não consegui pegar outra cerveja após o desembarque dos tripulantes, pois não podia deixar o barco no piloto automático,  pois ele não andava reto.
Poderia ter sido pior, só ralei o nariz na ponte, um mastro do Barbra quebrado e um substancial prejuízo financeiro que poderia ter sido maior.
Continuo muito triste por um lado e agradecendo por não ter sido pior. 
Fica a lição de casa de não ter auto-confiança,  pois é nessa hora que tudo acontece
Bons ventos a todos"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hiroller said:

Love that splash as the skipper falls off the back.

That would not be a good feeling.

well at least the skipper didn't get tangled up in any lines and get drug through the harbour

Thanks, Trovão.

It is a very good machine translation, but for that last sentence, which one could read as blaming the lack of confidence for the disaster.

1 hour ago, Trovão said:

It is the homework of not having self-confidence, because this is when everything happens.

5 minutes ago, Trovão said:

Fica a lição de casa de não ter auto-confiança,  pois é nessa hora que tudo acontece.

A better and loose translation could read:

"Lesson learned: don't be self-confident, that's when things happen"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trevor B said:

OMG that shit is funny...  LMAO

1 hour ago, RobbieB said:

Pretty impressive launch driving.  Thank god it got hung up with the 2 smaller boats or it would have caused a ton of damage.  Must have a big prop and engine!

She was free, open ocean off the bow and then she pulled a crazy ivan.  How in the hell did that happen and how in the hell did she not wack the dock there???  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VWAP said:

Dats pay per view

I'm willing to pay

Nobody noticed that she was showing her steaming light without showing side or stern lights? And showing the anchor or tricolor light while motoring. OMG, the lack of seamanship these days!

9 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

Nobody noticed that she was showing her steaming light without showing side or stern lights? And showing the anchor or tricolor light while motoring. OMG, the lack of seamanship these days!

She was steaming all right!

20 hours ago, carlosgp5 said:

wtf does that mean

Perhaps?

4 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

well at least the skipper didn't get tangled up in any lines and get drug through the harbour

Somehow just being in that water might be enough?  :blink:  

4 hours ago, El Boracho said:

Nobody noticed that she was showing her steaming light without showing side or stern lights? And showing the anchor or tricolor light while motoring. 

Expo asksed foire a viewe of the 'finiale producte", the waxere and herre frende werre the onley ounes privey to the hairlesse kittey.........          :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VWAP said:

Gonna try thisse........  thet woman ist uncommonley goode at reassurrance and provideng a voise of experience..............                      :)

That boat sure has some pep.

• Like 1

Wordes from aboive, frome oure favritte five heade .................  wellcome backe KoT      Respectte                         :)

• Like 1

This cannot be Brazil, there's no gunfire.

(Sorry Trovoa :ph34r:)

On 11/17/2020 at 9:30 AM, dacapo said:

It might have been a bare boat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teaky said:

That boat sure has some pep.

About 3x on the video speed....to make it exciting.

17 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

It might have been a bare boat.

A Brazilian waxing can get a little man in a boat out of the weeds.

9 hours ago, hobot said:

This cannot be Brazil, there's no gunfire.

(Sorry Trovoa :ph34r:)

This is a common misconception.

Frequent gunfire is only common in very specific areas, usually dominated by drug dealers and their gangs.