Sign in to follow this  
Black Jack

LA 28 and other 8 meters with style

Those are gorgeous! I would love a boat like that, who cares whether it is the fastest or not, style does count!

There are hints of a Jboat in the Menzer design. A beautiful boat for daysailing or around the cans.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-21_at_7_15.14_AM.png

Well, here is an 8 m with style

04Porttackstbdqtr1.jpg

But I know, it's not what you meant.

Bit unfair to pick the most gorgeous, interesting, stylish sailboat in that category and expect others to top that ;).  

We could try with the Saffier SC 8m. I think it would be a good step up from the classic H-Boat, which has to be a contender itself here. The Saffier seems to be a bit more seaworthy, I wouldn't mind taking her across the Channel with some preparation, the right equipment and a dodger.

gebrauchte%20Saffier%20SC%208m%20Cabin%2

Or the Biga 242, she is gorgeous. Even more seaworthy, quick, trailerable. Also a German designer, Juliane Hempel. Hull is glass, cabin is wood.

biga_242_Bild1.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah. I am one of the kooks who believe in visualizations manifests reality.

Those Saffiers are fine vessels too.  I would love to sail one of those in the baltic and across the channel.

59 minutes ago, Matagi said:

gebrauchte%20Saffier%20SC%208m%20Cabin%2

I seem to remember there used to be (and maybe still is) one of those moored near the gangway at seaport marina in Ijmuiden, black sails, black covers etc.
Looked cool as shit.

Flax 27, made from hemp fibre and cork. That is one cool boat  8.20m in length.

Flax-27-Retro-Daysailer.jpg

IMG_6497-copy-1900x973.jpg

Here is another shot of that little Saffier. I've never seen that pic before, it's stunning. I don't know of many supposed daysailers that you can put through this with confidence.

I think I would go for this one. Only, I have a Waarschip 725 and though it's a bit smaller overall, I don't see much that my lil' one couldn't do just as good for 1/20 of the price :).

20191016_104219.thumb.jpg.256eb53c40d4edeca414812342ee9c03.jpg

• Like 1

Nice find. I knew the 'old' Rosso before, but this one tops it. Chantier des Ileaux is doing some very nice boats that fit well here, the Vert d'O for example.

And then there is also the whole Tofinou line, here with the Tofinou 8  (I'm not a fan of this artifical compartment in the back, I would much prefer having one cockpit and no separation).

image-T8-1.jpg

I  find the Tofino Alphena One a rather compelling option. That said, if I were ever in the market for a daysailer the Chantier Des Ileaux Troll 26 would be a pretty compelling option as well. Unfortunately I live in earthquake country, so the sailboat will have to serve dual duty as the emergency fallback position if my house is somehow rendered uninhabitable, so it's gotta have at least basic facilities. Still fun to fantasize about though. 

image-ALPHENA-ONE-3.jpg

DOC-Troll26-int.jpg

• Like 1