Zonker

Mysterious monolith found in Utah desert

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, mad said:

:lol:

They've been waiting for the last couple of months, another 4 years won't hurt.

fifU

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If those rangers had any sense of art or humor they would have made a video showing them cowering in pain, covering their ears. Or thrown an iPhone at it. Boring.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Rangers need some Cow femurs to swing around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 3:58 AM, Zonker said:

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/utah-monolith-art-trnd/index.html

Let's just hope its an art installation. If its aliens they have to wait until Jan until they say "take me to your head honcho"

Well, lessee:

1. It isn't a solid, one-piece construction

2. It isn't stone.

Ergo, it's not a monolith.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

Ergo, it's not a monolith.

Nevere rellize d you werre so litteralle.............                     :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Well, lessee:

1. It isn't a solid, one-piece construction

2. It isn't stone.

Ergo, it's not a monolith.

what do you call 1 lith ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Well, lessee:

1. It isn't a solid, one-piece construction

2. It isn't stone.

Ergo, it's not a monolith.

yeah it's a stainless steel box held together with pop-rivets.. 

 

I was hoping they'd find DB Cooper inside...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really, pop rivets? That's pretty cheesy. At least weld it and grind and polish the welds smooth so it's more mysterious.

Lazy artist or whoever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It bet when they open it they will find it stuffed full of missing trump supporters ballots.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Really, pop rivets? That's pretty cheesy. At least weld it and grind and polish the welds smooth so it's more mysterious.

Lazy artist or whoever.

Aliens thet our notte as technicalley advansted as us?                                        :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

likely the future of communications / message boards

after the governments have all run their course

basically ya just piss on it

you can shit by it But you Must face North

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:
8 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Well, lessee:

1. It isn't a solid, one-piece construction

2. It isn't stone.

Ergo, it's not a monolith.

what do you call 1 lith ???

Lillith?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we can agree, it is not a monolith. Do we call it: A) multilith, or b) polylith.

Any others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caca Cabeza said:

So we can agree, it is not a monolith. Do we call it: A) multilith, or b) polylith.

Any others?

Chunke of metalle?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking it could be something similar to the Delimitations project.

google search

There's a few around here but it doesn't look like the old 1821 border extended into utah.

delimitations_marcos_ramirez_david_taylo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god they haven't found the 12' tall cast salt penis I put out there in 1986.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caca Cabeza said:

So we can agree, it is not a monolith. Do we call it: A) multilith, or b) polylith.

Any others?

Doesn't look like a Multilith.

image.png.f856fdf0bc4832a2aaa1908a72052b74.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

linky

 

image.thumb.png.df589ad3416ea6745ab68246668ef1ea.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Aliens thet our notte as technicalley advansted as us?                                        :)

But they have infinite patience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad the folks with expensive helicopters, off road vehicles and expensive drones couldn't have figured this out faster than Sailing Anarchy.

That being said - one of my most memorable discussions with Capitan - )who has done 1 - 1/2 laps and is one of the smartest people I know) asked me a couple of years ago why I was asking "sailing anarchy" for help with a technical question, my reply was "Capitan, SA, and sailors in general, are independent, self reliant, problem solvers that follow the code of the sea: help other mariners".

Now I am sitting in Mazatlan on his Swan 47 diagnosing the voltage differential between the house bank and starting battery. I'll be checking the specific gravity in the morning after the Phoenix 12/50 charger does its wizardry overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Thank god they haven't found the 12' tall cast salt penis I put out there in 1986.....

Were you working with a reincarnation of the PlasterCasters at the time?

th.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

yeah it's a stainless steel box held together with pop-rivets..

DeLorean TARDIS 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 "He was like, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, turn around, turn around!' And I was like, 'What.' And he's like, 'There's this thing back there -- we've got to go look at it!'"
 
That's like, some erudite yammerin' right there.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

linky

 

image.thumb.png.df589ad3416ea6745ab68246668ef1ea.png

Help me out here, the link just takes me back to the last place I was looking at. I'd like to go check it out, anywhere red rocky in Utah is of interest to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

type utah mysterious monolith into google maps.. someone's already pinned it.

10 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Help me out here, the link just takes me back to the last place I was looking at. I'd like to go check it out, anywhere red rocky in Utah is of interest to me. 

edit: apparently google has removed the pin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

type utah mysterious monolith into google maps.. someone's already pinned it.

 

Tried that, no luck. Maybe got taken down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

type utah mysterious monolith into google maps.. someone's already pinned it.

edit: apparently google has removed the pin. 

The covere up hasse begunne!                                :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-lith

a combining form meaning “stone” (megalith), “stone tool” ( microlith), “mass of rock” (batholith; laccolith), “calcareous concretion, calculus” ( otolith; urolith).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

Well hell, I've been right by there, last time was a year or so ago. By the time I get back it will have been overrun and trashed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Well hell, I've been right by there, last time was a year or so ago. By the time I get back it will have been overrun and trashed. 

or painted up with graffiti..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll get out in the next couple days and head down to the river to see if our local obelisk is still standing. Odds are it got wiped out last spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this is what happens to things that return from outside the environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ancientseawolf said:

-lith

a combining form meaning “stone” (megalith), “stone tool” ( microlith), “mass of rock” (batholith; laccolith), “calcareous concretion, calculus” ( otolith; urolith).

so a lil-lith would be a very small rock?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Caca Cabeza said:

Too bad the folks with expensive helicopters, off road vehicles and expensive drones couldn't have figured this out faster than Sailing Anarchy.

That being said - one of my most memorable discussions with Capitan - )who has done 1 - 1/2 laps and is one of the smartest people I know) asked me a couple of years ago why I was asking "sailing anarchy" for help with a technical question, my reply was "Capitan, SA, and sailors in general, are independent, self reliant, problem solvers that follow the code of the sea: help other mariners".

Now I am sitting in Mazatlan on his Swan 47 diagnosing the voltage differential between the house bank and starting battery. I'll be checking the specific gravity in the morning after the Phoenix 12/50 charger does its wizardry overnight.

Not everyone with a Helicopter from here Buzzes around there

it's a logistical thingie

point out something in SoCal ..... Coast to Mountains (west desert)

Preferably w large Breasted Cougars and a spot to land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, d'ranger said:
3 hours ago, ancientseawolf said:

-lith

a combining form meaning “stone” (megalith), “stone tool” ( microlith), “mass of rock” (batholith; laccolith), “calcareous concretion, calculus” ( otolith; urolith).

so a lil-lith would be a very small rock?

I woudentte saye that.........                :)

Lilith-Sternin-Cropped.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, familysailor said:

Did anyone else notice it's triangular?

Notte till I wached the vidio, that dose add to the mysterey.....................                  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Notte till I wached the vidio, that dose add to the mysterey.....................                  :)

In the first photos posted by the helicopter guys you can see the top...barely. A later longer version of their video shows the three sides as they walk around it.

Makes it more interesting that a square post.

Message inside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, familysailor said:

In the first photos posted by the helicopter guys you can see the top...barely. A later longer version of their video shows the three sides as they walk around it.

Makes it more interesting that a square post.

Message inside?

Maybe it's used for sharpening razor blades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Caca Cabeza said:

Maybe it's used for sharpening razor blades.

Or rechargeng batteriese, healle youre chakras, hormonize youre soulle, minde, bodey, and you braine.                             :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 8:20 PM, familysailor said:

In the first photos posted by the helicopter guys you can see the top...barely. A later longer version of their video shows the three sides as they walk around it.

Makes it more interesting that a square post.

Message inside?

A triangle is also easier to haul.  Three same sized panels and a top/bottom piece.  A rectangle would have a lot more pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peragrin said:

A triangle is also easier to haul.  Three same sized panels and a top/bottom piece.  A rectangle would have a lot more pieces.

If it was tapered to the top, pyramid like, no top piece needed. 

Amateurs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 11:51 PM, sailm8 said:

Alien sash weight.

Exactly what I was going to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long until someone plants another?  Maybe they could put it in the middle of a crop circle next to the Bigfoot tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 10:27 AM, Bump-n-Grind said:

yeah it's a stainless steel box held together with pop-rivets.. 

 

I was hoping they'd find DB Cooper inside...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, Zonker said:

Really, pop rivets? That's pretty cheesy. At least weld it and grind and polish the welds smooth so it's more mysterious.

Lazy artist or whoever.

Maybe it was 3D printed and popped from the inside out....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Hoffa's headstone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just surprised that nothing has turned up yet to explain it.   Was it a prop to a movie?    Loch Ness has a Nessi monster on the bottom from a movie.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, peragrin said:

A triangle is also easier to haul.  Three same sized panels and a top/bottom piece.  A rectangle would have a lot more pieces.

A lot more? Not just one more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Thanks. Was not aware of that memorial. Strong stuff. 
 

Come out to CO next year, I'll take you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it'll probably turn up on eBay or craigslist

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 6:36 PM, Caca Cabeza said:

So we can agree, it is not a monolith. Do we call it: A) multilith, or b) polylith.

Any others?

Sololith?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 9:51 AM, Snaggletooth said:

The covere up hasse begunne!                                :)

Cover up? Looks like it is gone but still casting a shadow on Google Earth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

 

designed by Brit Chance?

Nope - then it would be all squared off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 7:06 PM, LB 15 said:

It bet when they open it they will find it stuffed full of missing trump supporters ballots.

sash weights:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, sailm8 said:

Alien sash weight.

Beat me too it.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing it will mysteriously show up someplace else.

And then disappear and show up again in some other place.

That's one brilliant artist. The whole world is talking about their work. It's become a global event.

Bravo ! WFD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mad said:

sash weights:P

Let's hope it's not a naming and claiming marker. 

 02388v.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 11:52 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Nowe wearre thickeng!                    :)

Was it delivered to site by Harley or Corvette? Maybe a flock of Swans took it there piece by piece??? :):P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pipe Dream said:
On 11/26/2020 at 7:52 AM, Snaggletooth said:

Nowe wearre thickeng!                    :)

Was it delivered to site by Harley or Corvette? Maybe a flock of Swans took it there piece by piece??? :):P

Swanee coude of paide the 'loude pipe" gangue to staye farr frome hisse house and droppe it theire.  He ist sneakey that waye.........                 :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pipe Dream said:

Was it delivered to site by Harley or Corvette? Maybe a flock of Swans took it there piece by piece??? :):P

Ridgeline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 8:02 AM, Not for nothing said:

Mysterious Metal Monolith In Utah Desert Suddenly Vanishes

My guess is government officials feared another cult following and pulled it.  It's pretty clear there are way too many of those types roaming the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 2:23 PM, SloopJonB said:

Nope - then it would be all squared off.

 

Ted Turner to Britt Chance, RE: America's Cup,12 Meter, "Mariner":

 

"Hell Britt, even a turd is pointed on both ends!"

 

Britt had an office in the local Dauntless Shipyard*, decades ago...  Nice guy, when I met him.  

 

* Now a Corporate owned "Safe Harbors" conglomerate Marina, and last I heard Ted's and DC's former crewman, Rives Potts was in charge of all of them, working from their Texas offices....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monolith appears in Romania

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7mb84/mysterious-monolith-update-new-mysterious-monolith-appears-in-romania

Now if somebody had been clever, they should have measured it. People are lazy. I bet the Utah one was built in even increments of inches.

I'll bet the Romanian one is in even increments of mm. (like 2500mm high x 500 w etc).

If you really want to mess with people you pick measurements that are not even in either system :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zonker said:

Monolith appears in Romania

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7mb84/mysterious-monolith-update-new-mysterious-monolith-appears-in-romania

Now if somebody had been clever, they should have measured it. People are lazy. I bet the Utah one was built in even increments of inches.

I'll bet the Romanian one is in even increments of mm. (like 2500mm high x 500 w etc).

If you really want to mess with people you pick measurements that are not even in either system :)

Now if it was built in cubits...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, Dorado said:

I'm guessing it will mysteriously show up someplace else.

And then disappear and show up again in some other place.

That's one brilliant artist. The whole world is talking about their work. It's become a global event.

Bravo ! WFD.

 

DOH !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites