Sign in to follow this  
Dog

WestExec...”Bringing the Situation Room to the Board Room”

He should follow Gov. Desantis’ example of Uber drivers to handle COVID bullshitting instead of getting people who know how to do the job. 

”Bringing the Situation Room to the Board Room”.... I didn't make that up, that really is their slogan.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Really...Your response is to insult me?

Perhaps people have had enough of your partisan lies.  At that point, refuting you is merely a waste of time.  Yes Dog, thats what you've sunk to.  The level of joke and jerkz.

• Like 1

Just now, Grrr... said:

Perhaps people have had enough of your partisan lies.  At that point, refuting you is merely a waste of time.  Yes Dog, thats what you've sunk to.  The level of joke and jerkz.

There is no lie, the above is what you have sunk to.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

There is no lie, the above is what you have sunk to.

I know you are, but what am I.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Former Labradoodle breeder was tapped to lead U.S. pandemic task force

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-hhschief-speci-idUSKCN2243CE

Wouldn't you rather have experienced professionals, some of the brightest people in Washington tapped to help US out of the hole its got into? Or would you rather have the grifters, the stock market manipulators, the relatives or  the incompetent who graced trumps administration? 

• Like 1

Being a Loser, @Doghates those that are successful and competent. “Why NOT a poodle breeder for the pandemic task force?”

23 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

Or would you rather have the grifters, the stock market manipulators, the relatives or  the  “acting”incompetents appointed by tweet whose only qualifications were that they said nice things about their President that graced trumps administration? 

FIFY

At least Biden went to consultants instead of lobbyists as Trump did. After all, it was Trump who said he would drain the swamp, not fill it.

We are entering the phase in which folks like Dog begin to pretend the Trump Presidency never occurred.

Prepare to be inundated with threads and posts in which they express outrage at every step made by President-Elect Biden.

Their voices will be strong, because they haven't said fuck-all about the rhetoric, misdeeds, and activities of the POTUS for 4 years, now.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Dog seems to of found his "suspicious activity" hat.

It's been missing for almost 4 years.

Making "molehills out of mountains" is about to become "making mountains out of molehills."

• Like 1

I am not sure what the issue or concern is with this. There are a lot of of experienced govt folks who worked together before, many as part of the Obama admin, who formed a consulting company when they were out of work with many of them now being called back to public service. Unless one wants to read sinister ulterior motives into this, it sounds rather fortuitous for the Biden admin and for America that many competent people are being called to work in the WH have not only worked as a team in the past, but also recently so they know how to work together and hit the ground running. I am not seeing what is wrong with it. 

• Like 3

To follow up with Len's point, are we reduced to bitching because folks who've been involved in the past are getting involved, again?

If so, I suggest a read of "Rise of the Vulcans".  Then, look at the team assembled by YOUR guy and ask if you have the same outrage, then.

5 minutes ago, LenP said:

I am not sure what the issue or concern is with this. There are a lot of of experienced govt folks who worked together before, many as part of the Obama admin, who formed a consulting company when they were out of work with many of them now being called back to public service. Unless one wants to read sinister ulterior motives into this, it sounds rather fortuitous for the Biden admin and for America that many competent people are being called to work in the WH have not only worked as a team in the past, but also recently so they know how to work together and hit the ground running. I am not seeing what is wrong with it. 

Nothing wrong with it except that most are DemocRATS and not Americans according to Dog and his elk.

Puppet masters indeed. Dog posts bullshit and everybody gets outraged. Just what the canine wants.

Fuck off Dog, you lie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grrr... said:
3 hours ago, Dog said:

The Mutt actually thinks he is worth more than disdain and contempt.

He is wrong - a truly useless human being.

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

Not one responsive post.

Actually, there are numerous responsive posts.  You just choose to ignore them, much like you did with Trump for the last four years.  I'm curious, is there a single post of yours that you can find criticizing a Trump nominee immediately after he made it?  Asking for a friend.

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

Not one responsive post.

I am not sure what the issue is. This is fairly standard and happens in private enterprise as well. If an executive leaves a place like Google, Apple, or FB, the knowledge they have is valuable to other companies which may want to partner with them or invest in them. Some of the knowledge is proprietary and some not, the knowledge that is not proprietary is what the someone like that is selling as a consultant. This is not terribly different than that, and there is nothing in the article which indicates anyone is violating ethics or laws. If someone serves in the WH for several years and the leaves after an election, then they still would be expected to earn a living somewhere. Consulting is a logical choice for many, particularly if they would like to be in public service again at some point if their party regains the WH. I am not seeing why anyone would have a problem with it, unless they think private enterprise should not be able to pay for knowledge or advice or that public servants should not be able to earn a living outside of public service. If they were profiting from companies which had business or issues in front of the WH while they were serving in the WH, I would think that is a conflict of interest and is at minimum unethical and in some cases illegal. That is not the case here, so  I am just not seeing what the problem is. This is Biden, did anyone really believe he was going to staff the WH with BLM and Antifa protesters who have no ties to private industry? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dog said:

”Bringing the Situation Room to the Board Room”.... I didn't make that up, that really is their slogan.

I share your instant concern now "turned on" regarding secret corporate government influence, and look forward to sharing your concern on deficit spending currently scheduled to be "turned on" in 57 days. 

Succinct, logical, well written

....... but Doggie doo doo will have you down as 'not one'.......

I, for one, enjoy reading your opinions Len

3 hours ago, LenP said:

I am not sure what the issue is. This is fairly standard and happens in private enterprise as well. If an executive leaves a place like Google, Apple, or FB, the knowledge they have is valuable to other companies which may want to partner with them or invest in them. Some of the knowledge is proprietary and some not, the knowledge that is not proprietary is what the someone like that is selling as a consultant. This is not terribly different than that, and there is nothing in the article which indicates anyone is violating ethics or laws. If someone serves in the WH for several years and the leaves after an election, then they still would be expected to earn a living somewhere. Consulting is a logical choice for many, particularly if they would like to be in public service again at some point if their party regains the WH. I am not seeing why anyone would have a problem with it, unless they think private enterprise should not be able to pay for knowledge or advice or that public servants should not be able to earn a living outside of public service. If they were profiting from companies which had business or issues in front of the WH while they were serving in the WH, I would think that is a conflict of interest and is at minimum unethical and in some cases illegal. That is not the case here, so  I am just not seeing what the problem is. This is Biden, did anyone really believe he was going to staff the WH with BLM and Antifa protesters who have no ties to private industry? 

I don't have a problem if WestExec closes shop. But a company who's founders are sitting in the Situation Room should not be selling ”Bringing the Situation Room to the Board Room” to it's clients.

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

We are entering the phase in which folks like Dog begin to pretend the Trump Presidency never occurred.

Trump who?  ;)

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Puppet masters indeed. Dog posts bullshit and everybody gets outraged. Just what the canine wants.

Fuck off Dog, you lie.

thought he was a bot..

8 hours ago, Dog said:

You deserve a full on roast.

7 hours ago, Dog said:

I don't have a problem if WestExec closes shop. But a company who's founders are sitting in the Situation Room should not be selling ”Bringing the Situation Room to the Board Room” to it's clients.

So you're just PREPARING to be outraged.

You're an idiot.

15 hours ago, Dog said:

The tagline for the company reflects where they came from when they started it, not what will happen as they return to public service. They baked an out into their lease in case they went back to work in public service, so the intention is not to do both at once. If they continue to own/run the consulting business while they are serving in the WH, I would have a problem with that just as I had a problem with Trump doing the same. It is a bit early to find fault with them now, since they have not even started their new gig yet. 

My God. Persons in government have ties to persons in the private sector?!

This has never happened before! 

Competent experts should be kept in hermetically sealed jars for when they are needed for public service. They also should be fired for no reason during an incompetent’s administration, to be replaced with ideologically pure college students and wing nut former press secretaries for Michelle Bachman. 

And only Republicans should be allowed to maintain control over their foreign and domestic real estate holdings while directing national and international policy. A flimsy patina of “blind trust” relying on your namesake’s discretion, a man who has none and has been as active in his father’s campaigns as any paid underling, is all that’s required to satisfy @Dog

The hypocrisy is clear, but constant. Slink away, smelly beast. You’ve rolled in shit again, and after four years of it you need a bath.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LenP said:

The tagline for the company reflects where they came from when they started it, not what will happen as they return to public service. They baked an out into their lease in case they went back to work in public service, so the intention is not to do both at once. If they continue to own/run the consulting business while they are serving in the WH, I would have a problem with that just as I had a problem with Trump doing the same. It is a bit early to find fault with them now, since they have not even started their new gig yet. 

Shit.  The Faithful are just warming up.  Their outrage will grow at an exponential rate from now until 1/20/21. 

At that time, they will have conveniently forgotten the previous President and all problems will be the fault of the guy with his hand on the Bible.

1 hour ago, LenP said:

You probably won't see a lot of bidding for contracts.

Some of you folks need to spend a year or two working in downtown DC.

38 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Shit.  The Faithful are just warming up.  Their outrage will grow at an exponential rate from now until 1/20/21. 

At that time, they will have conveniently forgotten the previous President and all problems will be the fault of the guy with his hand on the Bible.

It’s a new world and there’s no going back. Just wait until some Senate committee sends a subpoena that gets pitched into the shitcan upon arrival. Oh the humanity! Oh the outrage!  Oh the bullshit!

32 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

You probably won't see a lot of bidding for contracts.

Some of you folks need to spend a year or two working in downtown DC.

Sounds like they should bring back Dick Cheney

- DSK

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sounds like they should bring back Dick Cheney

- DSK

Contracts? Bids? What quaint notions from the past. Not needed anymore. Let The President make his Dealsssss.

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Call me an idiot, but I think our country lost four years.

More when you take into consideration the collateral damage and long lived harm to our reputation. It took Obama 8 years to clean up W’s mess and Trump’s leavings are far worse.

3 hours ago, jerseyguy said:
4 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Call me an idiot, but I think our country lost four years.

More when you take into consideration the collateral damage and long lived harm to our reputation. It took Obama 8 years to clean up W’s mess and Trump’s leavings are far worse.

Your country lost a lot more than that. The respect of the rest of the world, for starters. Like jersey says, it's going to take a lot longer than that, and it may not be possible any more. The GOP have salted the fields on their retreat and now 44% of the country no longer believes in democracy.

And now the NYT weighs in....

“One firm helps companies navigate global risks and the political and procedural ins and outs of Washington. The other is an investment fund with a particular interest in military contractors.

But the consulting firm, WestExec Advisors, and the investment fund, Pine Island Capital Partners, call themselves strategic partners and have featured an overlapping roster of politically connected officials — including some of the most prominent names on President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s team and others under consideration for high-ranking posts.

Now the Biden team’s links to these entities are presenting the incoming administration with its first test of transparency and ethics.

The two firms are examples of how former officials leverage their expertise, connections and access on behalf of corporations and other interests, without in some cases disclosing details about their work, including the names of the clients or what they are paid.

And when those officials cycle back into government positions, as Democrats affiliated with WestExec and Pine Island are now, they bring with them questions about whether they might favor or give special access to the companies they had worked with in the private sector. Those questions do not go away, ethics experts say, just because the officials cut their ties to their firms and clients, as the Biden transition team says its nominees will do”.

Biden Aides’ Ties to Consulting and Investment Firms Pose Ethics Test - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Oh, NOW you're worried about ethics.  Got it.

Only a complete moron would presume to know what another poster thinks “... Bus Driver

2 minutes ago, Dog said:
4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Only a complete moron would presume to know what another poster thinks “... Bus Driver

So, you're not worried about ethics... you're just sniping at the incoming Biden Administration?

Did you notice that the article you cited was all about POTENTIAL conflict of interest, not actual proven corruption?

And BTW you never answered that question about who was Mueller's boss......

- DSK

4 minutes ago, Dog said:
6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Not sure why you posted that, if you aren't worried about ethics.

If you now are concerned with ethics, welcome aboard.

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

So, you're not worried about ethics... you're just sniping at the incoming Biden Administration?

Did you notice that the article you cited was all about POTENTIAL conflict of interest, not actual proven corruption?

And BTW you never answered that question about who was Mueller's boss......

- DSK

It can only be potential until they're in the situation room.

33 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Not sure why you posted that, if you aren't worried about ethics.

If you now are concerned with ethics, welcome aboard.

Ethics should be a priority for everyone...

soon. 

I still do not understand what the concern is. There is always potential ethics conflicts unless the nominee has never worked in the private sector and does not accept any campaign contributions if/when they ran for public office, with that also extending to the family of the nominee. Sometimes there may be greater apparent potential, as when an officeholder owns and profits from a business that contracts with the govt, corporate entities with business before the govt, foreign govts., or all the aforementioned. Sometimes it is barely noticeable, and most times it is somewhere in between. Still, potential is only potential until there is some sign that unethical behavior is taking place.

I would ask those who are concerned about this, what is the alternative? How would that be applied to politicians or political appointees? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Ethics should be a priority for everyone...

soon. 

As we approach the Inauguration of President-Elect Biden, I would assume ridership on the "Ethics Express" will rise like that of the "Fiscal Responsibility Express".

We should follow the Trump standard: the only appropriate appointee is a lobbyist. Or someone who has falsified security clearance documents. Or is the son in law or daughter of the president. Or a labradoodle breeder. Or was an unregistered agent of a foreign country. Or is actively working with a recognized Russian operative. Or who owes a Russian oligarch millions.

Basically, either a Republican who will swear fealty to Donald Trump, or a Democrat who has no experience, no contacts, and promises to swear fealty to Donald Trump.

Do I have the right, @Dog? I want to make sure I accurately portray your double standard.

2 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Ah yes. What was to have been eight years of blissful quiet aboard the FRE, free from disturbance of loudmouth bullshitters displaying their deeply held principled beliefs has been cut to four. It has been quiet ever since the loud crowd stampeded off during that stop at “Let’s Give the Billionaires Another Windfall” station, a few years back. 

34 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

As we approach the Inauguration of President-Elect Biden, I would assume ridership on the "Ethics Express" will rise like that of the "Fiscal Responsibility Express".

Do you think influence peddling will be bad again?

Just now, Dog said:

Never happened.

Joe is as clean as the freshly fallen snow. :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

I don't believe I have ever said something even you could twist into thinking I find influence peddling anything but bad.

If you think you have something suggesting I think influence peddling is "good", share your cite. 

Otherwise, you can just find someone else to play your silly games with.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I don't believe I have ever said something even you could twist into thinking I find influence peddling anything but bad.

If you think you have something suggesting I think influence peddling is "good", share your cite. 

Time was when a family member cashing in was considered to be a disqualification.

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Time was when a family member cashing in refusing to release your taxes was considered to be a disqualification.

FIFY

Let's also make sure there's nobody who is actually a foreign agent

- DSK

12 minutes ago, Dog said:
17 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Time was when a family member cashing in was considered to be a disqualification.

I take that response as your admission I have never suggested influence peddling as anything but bad.

In fact, I have been quite clear about that for the past 4 years.  Think Jarvanka.

I am not sure you have been, though.

Here we go... WestExec, a 3 year old company, is the new ACORN boogeyman.  Gotta give Biden credit, he's already got the trains running on time. The Fiscal Express and the transcontinental Ethics railroad.  Hop onboard bullshitters, Choo choo..