Grande Mastere Dreade

happy turkey day to those that celebrate

Happy Thanksgiving from the far side of the world!

3.25 Kg miniature turkey is on, roasting in the grill. Always a crap shoot on that one, but so far we're batting 1.000 one edibility for boat birds over the last few years (we were in the USA last year).

I've done spatchcocked tiny turkeys, quartered and oven-roasted tiny turkeys, and this will be about the 4th-ish tiny turkey I've done on the grill.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

aR7q8W7_460swp.webp

eggzackley!!!

so this is the only part of today that will be part of a traditional Thanksgiving for me....   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've done spatchcocked tiny turkeys, quartered and oven-roasted tiny turkeys, and this will be about the 4th-ish tiny turkey I've done on the grill.

...uh, just to make sure, and giving you all benefit of the doubt of course, by "tiny turkey" you aren't referring to our constant irritant the seagull, yes? smiley emoji*

(*smiley emoji brought to you by guy who cant figure out how to post an actual emoji)

Happy Thanksgiving! turkey emoji

• Like 1

On the losin’ end of the wishbone

and I won’t pretend not to mind.

Turkeys been going, time to work on some side dishes now....

FB_IMG_1606429081737.jpg

Cut the bird in half. Did one side on the grill and the other in the oven. 

Both turned out good, but probably not worth the trouble of the grill. 

07063947-6B74-48DA-A113-9481C3D9BBCC.jpeg

6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Annybodey ealse wache th dog showe aftere the parrade?

Tradition at our place.

0EE1FAD1-2473-4F10-9841-A91C27521FE7.thumb.jpeg.e2fb3f1e1681c32399b54332066da8c4.jpegEdit: oops, sideways. Ah well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhoaTed said:

Tradition at our place.

0EE1FAD1-2473-4F10-9841-A91C27521FE7.thumb.jpeg.e2fb3f1e1681c32399b54332066da8c4.jpegEdit: oops, sideways. Ah well.

good to see the wolfhound win, I'm tired of the same ol' breeds winning dog shows all the time..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

good to see the wolfhound win, I'm tired of the same ol' breeds winning dog shows all the time..

Adgreede!     ( Scottish deere hounde )                                                        :)

IDGH5ROBDZF37AD2JGP55BLIHU.jpg

We had lame duck instead of turkey.

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

We had lame duck instead of turkey.

I thought that the weekly special was a bird combo.

10 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

so this is the only part of today that will be part of a traditional Thanksgiving for me....   

Required for the observance....

To remind us that there is a painful  history and that we each must observe introspection on the past.

3 hours ago, chinabald said:

Trust your thermometer, 160 ish in the thigh....

4 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Happy thanksgiving but it's ducks from now on for me. Roasted with lots of orange inside and out.

L"range,  my first experience was at the restaruant in the Sierras near Donner's pass where the canibal  cabal died in 1866:D.   The rest of my party ordered beef(?):D

12 minutes ago, warbird said:

Required for the observance....

started on youtube on repeat when I got this morning.. still going strong .... probably click it off at midnight 

This evenings repaste was a couple Hungry Man Turkey dinners. I did bake a punkin pie... so there's that. 

still have one more frozen turkey dinner so I can pretend I have leftovers....

1 minute ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

started on youtube on repeat when I got this morning.. still going strong .... probably click it off at midnight 

This evenings repaste was a couple Hungry Man Turkey dinners. I did bake a punkin pie... so there's that. 

still have one more frozen turkey dinner so I can pretend I have leftovers....

I hope  your repaste was suitable. With music or prose, all else in life mere trappings. Guthrie's "Alice's Restaraunt" along with much of John Prine's work  helps to temper our humanity in a challanging and complex life.

13 minutes ago, warbird said:

Trust your thermometer, 160 ish in the thigh....

a buddy of mine over in VA did a sorta clambake with a turkey .. dug a pit, built a fire in it and another fire to generate a couple shovel fulls of coals

wrapped up a turkey with secret herbs and spices wrapped in foil. buried it in the pit for 5 hours... looks pretty good. but a lot of work. 

3 minutes ago, warbird said:

I hope  your repaste was suitable. With music or prose, all else in life mere trappings. Guthrie's "Alice's Restaraunt" along with much of John Prine's work  helps to temper our humanity in a challanging and complex life.

it was perfect. home alone. GF has ghosted me for about a month now. painted my den with music in the background and now reading the latest Carl Hiassen book. a pretty good Thursday actually

Uuuurrrpph!!!!

Nap over, ready for round two!

xoliver-twist_300x300.jpg.pagespeed.ic.E3QKyhXuX2.jpg

Distributed food & personal care items to homeless along Newport Blvd.   Thx to ‘Gobble Gobble’ folks for collecting & preparing bags.   Always a good feeling inside afterwards.

Since all the hangouts were closed, spent sunny day outside poring over the web and enjoyed some blackened salmon.   Simple life these days.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chinabald said:

Yeah, spatchcocked. We do the same, cut the backbone out and flatten the bird rather than take the two halves apart but shouldn’t be much difference. Cooks more evenly and faster. Your pic looks just like half our bird!

2 hours ago, blunderfull said:

Distributed food & personal care items to homeless along Newport Blvd.   Thx to ‘Gobble Gobble’ folks for collecting & preparing bags.   Always a good feeling inside afterwards.

Since all the hangouts were closed, spent sunny day outside poring over the web and enjoyed some blackened salmon.   Simple life these days.

Good one.  We cooked and distributed just under 15,000 meals to the homeless and needy during the lockdown here - over 200 a day most days for 83 days.  Stopped the program after the country opened up a bit (internally - still no foreign tourism).  Took a load of couches over to those living in tin sheds the other day.    Next up, a clothing run for those living in the hill tribe villages that don't get a lot of government support

No turkeys here - but we ran the big smoker two days solid doing mostly duck breasts and ribs.

0fn1q.jpg

The ribs on the left are just-sauced, the others have a different sauce and are nearly done

0fn1u.jpg

Hell, we even had a live band - just setting up here
0fn1i.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/26/2020 at 7:10 PM, Bump-n-Grind said:

it was perfect. home alone. GF has ghosted me for about a month now. painted my den with music in the background and now reading the latest Carl Hiassen book. a pretty good Thursday actually

Bad Monkey!!

2 hours ago, longy said:

Bad Monkey!!

this ones called Squeze Me......