passion8

Gratitude

Choosing to be grateful for everything has created some interesting challenges. For example, I'm learning to be grateful to be selected as the first athlete since the Roman Empire to be sentenced to death for attending a sports event. I appreciate the unique perspectives that I've gained on the obstacles facing the 99% of the population that is not attracted to sailing and it's also good that this unprecedented attack can hopefully open a candid conversation about who should be allowed the privilege of sailing.

In gratitude, there is an $80 REWARD for uncovering the RRS 76.1 "written reason" for rejecting my entry to the June 23, 2018 Laser regatta in Jensen Beach. The US Sailing CEO wrote.."we will not be responding to future communications regarding this issue.". Nevertheless, I pray that a compassionate person at US Sailing will finally reveal the secret behind the unwarranted banishment of my eight-year-old son.

In an enlightened world, instead of condemning me to death, they would appoint me to replace the ex-CEO so that I can restore integrity by requiring transparency, instituting an effective conflict resolution process, weeding out corrupt race officials, and by reaching out to communities that haven't had opportunities to sail, as I've been doing since '87. In fact, I'll do it for free and divert the $260,000 salary toward fundraising to subsidize more effective Olympic team development, instructor training, and intro sailing instruction.

I am especially grateful for the vast majority of sailors who are not exclusionary. 

wpeA13.jpg

• Like 1

"For example, I'm learning to be grateful to be selected as the first athlete since the Roman Empire to be sentenced to death for attending a sports event."

Wow, Trespassing laws are a LOT tougher in Florida 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, See Level said:

Wow, Trespassing laws are a LOT tougher in Florida 

The sad part is that US Sailing continues to do nothing to stop this travesty. At age 65 with my condition, my doctor calls an hour in jail a death sentence and the judge denied my request to wait for a vaccine. After being meticulous about avoiding infection for nine months,  even if I can get a 95% vaccine, why should I face a 5% chance of contracting an easily transmitted virus in a jail when I haven't even been accused of anything except inadvertently stepping into a parking lot after a regatta? Before I was arrested, it took a month of research to decide that the parking lot was actually part of the sailing center, which in a law-abiding society would prove that I was not properly warned. 

Bylaw 704 – Litigation  No member, affiliate, or participant in US Sailing and its programs may invoke the aid of the courts of the United States or a State without first exhausting all available remedies within the appropriate sailing organization, .."

"..invoke the aid.." means that you don't use criminal remedies to reduce the fleet before using sensible remedies like RRS 76.1 or RRS 69. It's very easy to ban sailors when you have a legitimate reason. With no reason, you have to circumvent the Rules and go directly to Trespass which does not require a reason. US Sailing finally persuaded them to give me a hearing two years after my original complaint, but then the US Sailing judge fabricated a story that there was an ORDER banning us from sailing. There was no such order. And there is still no "written reason" because they achieved their carefully orchestrated goal without ever having to explain their unrelenting attack on my family. Hence the $80 REWARD for the written reason. 

It's an important bylaw and the NFL, NBA, NHA, and every other sports organization has similar restrictions. Can you picture basketball players going to jail for committing fouls? The sports world would be in chaos if other sports allowed the gross violation that US Sailing has endorsed. 

10.2 The following are examples of misconduct.  They are not exhaustive. 
10.2.1 Engaging in any illegal activity (e.g. theft, assault, criminal damage) 
10.2.2 Engaging in any activity which brings the sport into disrepute 
10.2.3 Bullying, discriminatory behaviour and intimidation 
10.2.12 Lying to a hearing 

Without the blatant lies of the US Sailing judge, I would not be facing a death sentence and the dwindling Laser fleet would be larger. The junior sailing team would also have more sailing opportunities. I asked US Sailing to investigate the evidence in an allegation of 10.2.12 - Lying to a hearing,  although 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 also apply. They refuse to respond or investigate. However, the day before the CEO was dismissed, US Sailing contacted probation in an effort to have me incarcerated immediately because I am posting online. If I am unable to respond, it's more proof that they want me dead.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Nietzsche

US-Sailing-Bylaws-2020-11-06.pdf

2017WorldSailingMisconductGuidance-[22804].pdf

trsps.ORD11320.pdf

Methinks there is a lot more here than meets the eye.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, European Bloke said:

It's like starting on page 2

1. My eight-year-old son and I were banned from sailing at the US sailing center in Oct 2015. No reason has ever been offered.

2. They issued a Trespass warning without describing the sailing center boundaries. I attended a 2018 Laser regatta on the water. They had me arrested a month later for having been in the parking lot of a county park following the race after persuading the police that it was part of the sailing center.

3. In a protest hearing, the US Sailing judge falsely testified that there was an Order prohibiting us from sailing. There was no such order. 

4. US Sailing ignored RRS 2, 76.1, 69, Misconduct 10.2.12, and Bylaw 704 to enable the unprecedented arrest of a sailor for no reason.

5. As US Sailing refused to intervene with rule enforcement, I was found guilty of trespass, sentenced to probation, appealed, the sentence was reversed and the resentencing judge added jail time at the request of the US Sailing judge who gave more false testimony at the sentencing on Nov. 3. (Note to self - It gets much worse when you win an appeal.) 

6. My son also lost his protest due to the false testimony of the US Sail judge. No reasons given. He quit sailing. 

7. US Sailing continues to endorse lies and circumvented rules. They are now attempting to expedite my demise. 

12 minutes ago, passion8 said:

1. My eight-year-old son and I were banned from sailing at the US sailing center in Oct 2015. No reason has ever been offered.

2. They issued a Trespass warning without describing the sailing center boundaries. I attended a 2018 Laser regatta on the water. They had me arrested a month later for having been in the parking lot of a county park following the race after persuading the police that it was part of the sailing center.

3. In a protest hearing, the US Sailing judge falsely testified that there was an Order prohibiting us from sailing. There was no such order. 

4. US Sailing ignored RRS 2, 76.1, 69, Misconduct 10.2.12, and Bylaw 704 to enable the unprecedented arrest of a sailor for no reason.

5. As US Sailing refused to intervene with rule enforcement, I was found guilty of trespass, sentenced to probation, appealed, the sentence was reversed and the resentencing judge added jail time at the request of the US Sailing judge who gave more false testimony at the sentencing on Nov. 3. (Note to self - It gets much worse when you win an appeal.) 

6. My son also lost his protest due to the false testimony of the US Sail judge. No reasons given. He quit sailing. 

7. US Sailing continues to endorse lies and circumvented rules. They are now attempting to expedite my demise. 

I find it easy to believe that the US Sailing... both the organization and at least some of the more vocal officers, and more than one of it's judges.... are capable of acting like total dicks.

It's more difficult to believe that they spun a wheel or perhaps drew names out of a hat, and you were thus selected totally at random, to be the target of said total dick action.

As soon as you say "US Sailing Judge"  together with the words "son" or other youth, that's a losing situation right there. In my few years of teaching kids in Optis, I kept far the fuck away from US Sailing except for getting their insurance ticket, and the few races I was involved in, I scrupulously kept grown-ups except a very few carefully vetted ones, FAR away from any rules issues/questions/disputes.

FB- Doug

• Like 2

the only person I feel bad about in all of this is the OP's son. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ryley said:

This is not about getting sympathy and no amount of sympathy will make any difference anyway. This is my last-ditch effort to locate even one person at US Sailing who is brave enough to divulge the RRS 76.1 reason and I deserve to know why I have to die for the sport that I used to love. Other sailors also want that information so that they can avoid a similar fate. Although I have marched numerous times, my first arrest was Mayday, 1971 along with 12,000 others in Washington DC protesting the Vietnam war, so I know that there are people out there that abhor injustice and I am confident that at least one brave person will eventually respond. 

Because of their closed minds, the ones who need sympathy are the discriminators who believe that a community sailing center in a public park in America should reject adults and eight-year-olds for no reason. 

I remember when this guy surfaced years ago. There was a pretty rough thread that ended with him getting justifiably flicked for being a total asshole. I see nothing's changed. 

Did this great misappropriation of justice take place so long ago that people, dates, references, details are missing because they have been forgotten?  High drama without any supporting facts.

Isn't there already another thread about this?  I'm getting deja vu.  I forget where we are - didn't @Controversial_posts do some digging into the legal background of the case and discover that, however unfair this all is, there was no point in doing anything other than moving on?  Or did Clean offer to take this on pro bono?  I can't keep up.

Sad that there are kids involved.

6 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

just wow...     maybe he showed up in the parking lot on a vespa

Mabey he showed up dresseted licke thisse................

0c203a60a5ad4801b57538db3c2518ff.jpg

:)

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:
10 hours ago, passion8 said:

That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Nietzsche

Actually it just didn't kill you.

And probably made you a lot weaker.

13ace3e3162c80812df0e1763b089cea.jpg

• Like 1

OK @passion8

You have ranted about being unfairly treated while failing to give readers sufficient information to even begin to start to consider the situation.

What EXACTLY led to this situation??

What were the accusations?

Who asked for what penalties and why did they say they asked. 

What description of what event was presented in whatever hearings were held? 

What administrative actions were taken? By whom? Claiming what events as justification and claiming what authority to apply sanctions? 

in the most accurate manner you can manage, what EXACTLY did that US Sailing judge say in those  hearings where you claim he said things?

What is your version of all this? We need your version of the ENTIRE situation from the very beginning. 

what we currently have:

something happened causing USSailing to banish passion8 from at least one event

: passion8 hung out as nearby as he thought he could 

: * somebody called the cops and reported passion8 for hanging out in a parking lot

* some police officers decided the violations made by Passion8 were sufficiently legitimate to actually arrest Passion8

* passion8 got arrested

* passion8 appealed the arrest

* a judge, who got to hear much more of  the story than is available in this thread, decided to put Passion8 in jail 

As a general rule, police and  judges in the USA are reasonable folks who do their very best to passionately apply our laws. 

As a general rule USSailing judges are folks who love the sailing game and who volunteer their time to help sailors compete under equally applied rules. 

Passion8 is asking us to believe Regatta officials, USSailing officials, cops, and a judge each acted improperly or incompetently .

passion8 has not offered a scintilla of evidence to support his complaint 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Varan said:

Free the passion!

I'm still waiting, and my willy is getting cold.

Maybe Passion8 is  hanging out in parking lots near youth sailing events and has no wifi. 

• Like 1

Somebody stole a wet suit and the top section of my daughter's Laser mast at the club five years ago. It ain't right! Maybe I should re-file a complaint with the club?

On 11/27/2020 at 10:10 PM, Gouvernail said:

in the most accurate manner you can manage, what EXACTLY did that US Sailing judge say in those  hearings where you claim he said things?

Hitler showed Germany that if you repeat a lie often enough, it will become the truth for them. We occupy a strange new world made especially weird with a president who effectively uses the same technique on our neighbors. Following that example, US Sailing is also perpetuating a lie that somehow justifies my death sentence. Where is the evidence? We haven't seen the order because it doesn't exist. I can't relay what was said Exactly because US Sailing will not let us hear the recording and the protest zoom call was very poor quality, but I do know that the reason given was the non-existent Order. There are no accusations and no particular events were described because there were none. We need the recording and transcript. Ten parents sent an email (below) on Oct. 1 to the sailing center and US Sailing demanding an answer and they still refuse to respond. To prevent this from happening to another sailor, don't we deserve to know? - Why was the trespass warning issued in the first place?

On 11/27/2020 at 1:41 PM, Ishmael said:

getting justifiably flicked for being a total asshole.

At least three sailing center admins think that I'm an a-hole. So what? In my 57 years of racing sailboats, I've encountered some people that I judged to be a-holes but never sought to exclude them for that. Larger fleets would be good and arbitrary exclusion is not an effective way to grow a sport. I have no conflicts with the sailors who sail at the center. This was initiated by an admin who doesn't even sail. I haven't even met the mendacious US Sailing judge/spokesman who falsely testified at the protest, but after refusing to testify at the trespass hearing, he did show up on zoom at the sentencing to offer more false testimony which led the judge to add incarceration to the previous sentence of probation. Repeat the lie until it becomes true.

If I had done anything to be ashamed of, I wouldn't be telling the world that I'm headed for jail. The most likely reason was opposing political opinions. Another possibility was my request to run a green fleet program for kids who needed financial assistance. I can say that they became much more hostile toward us after one of my kids won their Perpetual Trophy in 2017. None of those reasons would have worked for an Injunction or a 76.1 written reason so they ignored Bylaw 704 and went with the criminal trespass which requires no reason, but nevertheless inflicts the harshest penalties. Can you picture going to jail during a pandemic for a port-starboard protest?

We did Let it Go and we moved on in 2018. There were only four months of probation left when the sentence was reversed on appeal. There was no contact with them whatsoever and then 27 months after the protest hearing, the sailing center campaigned for an increased penalty on Nov. 3. We would not be here now if they had just Let It Go. 

Regardless of what the perpetrators had planned for me, why did they need to abuse a child in the process? They could have achieved their mysterious purposes without him ever knowing about their treachery. 

It's very simple. Either you believe that the Racing Rules of Sailing and USS Bylaws should be followed 

OR you believe that children should be abused and sailors should be imprisoned if rule-breaking administrators don't like them. 

P.S. Looking for a 26 m x 8 m main   global-cooler.org  

Motion To Modify Sentence.pdf

trsps.parents100120.red.pdf

I wontte even qoute that laste poeste.............  you our shoppeng foire redemptione online, do you reallize howe crazey that soundes?  Werre notte sayeng bourderline, kinda, or mabey , we alle juste adgreede oppiniones of "fulle fuckeng rettarde."  (apologiese, no offense intentede )  Youre storrey allso sufferes from a severe lacke of detailles.  Juste so you no, we dointe 'suppose' welle....... and youre lawyere sondes licke an assholle foire letteng you go oline withe thisse nonsence.  Goode Luck.

• Like 4

I would suggest that you get back on your meds and away from the internet.  

It has been asked simply, what started all this nonsense you are spewing.  Your continued whining makes that “death” sentence seem a good option.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I wontte even qoute that laste poeste.............  you our shoppeng foire redemptione online, do you reallize howe crazey that soundes?  Werre notte sayeng bourderline, kinda, or mabey , we alle juste adgreede oppiniones of "fulle fuckeng rettarde."  (apologiese, no offense intentede )  Youre storrey allso sufferes from a severe lacke of detailles.  Juste so you no, we dointe 'suppose' welle....... and youre lawyere sondes licke an assholle foire letteng you go oline withe thisse nonsence.  Goode Luck.

Smoke? check

Mirrors? check

Rum? still waiting

FB- Doug

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Smoke? check

Mirrors? check

Rum? still waiting

FB- Doug

106 miles to Chicago...............                                      :)

• Like 2

@passion8

I am growing less inclined to give a damn about your problem.

Why??

You continue to refuse to carefully and fully explain what EXACTLY led to this mess. 

The closest you came to offering that explanation was some nonsense about it having to do with you helping disadvantaged kids. 
I call bullshit.

NOBODY!!! Has EVER said, “That’s the scumbag who keeps helping disadvantaged kids. Run his ass outta here!!”

So.. One last time. Tell us EXACTLY what got you crosswise with the folks managing the sailing center.

If you don’t care to do that, that is fine. 
However, if you won’t address the original issue, the rest of us have no way to even begin to judge the reasonableness of anything that has followed. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 10:41 AM, Ishmael said:

I remember when this guy surfaced years ago. There was a pretty rough thread that ended with him getting justifiably flicked for being a total asshole. I see nothing's changed. 

Sockman is at it again. 

At least when he gets to jail he’ll get to tell his story to a captive audience

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 12:48 PM, ryley said:

Exactly. Dad sounds like a dick, kid suffers.

In any case, after Daddy going mental like this, and persevering for 5 years or more, I'd be surprised if the kid has any remaining interest in sailing either competitively or for pleasure...

• Like 1

Has anyone introduced this buthead to the HTFU theory yet?

On 11/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, passion8 said:

By my reckoning five years ago you were 60 and had an 8 year old son. WFD!

By my reckoning currently you are 65 with a 13 year old son. You have my condolences, as does your son.

1 hour ago, Willin' said:

By my reckoning five years ago you were 60 and had an 8 year old son. WFD!

By my reckoning currently you are 65 with a 13 year old son. You have my condolences, as does your son.

And “supposedly” he’s going to jail over an Opti race. That just doesn’t happen without all the other facts he won’t tell us. Then again, the muppet thinks the RRS will save him in a criminal case. Clearly not the brightest bulb. 

On 11/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, passion8 said:
On 11/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, passion8 said:

[ Nonsense. That did not happen. The absolute only way that statement might be true would be:’

* You asked, “Why?”

* The response was, “You know exactly why.”

Whenever you decide to explain EXACTLY what happened, the rest of us will consider the circumstances and advocate accordingly.]

[ Someone is very unhappy about the possibility you might show up again. EXACTLY what did you do that might possibly have bothered that person. Give us your best guess. Be sincere ir we will all blow you off]

[If this is the truth, you can’t identify that person with zero consequence. ]

[ The racing rules have zero to do with non competitors shoreside activities and especially are irrelevant if, as you contend, the non-competitor is not even on the property of any sailing organization]

[Why would a USSailing  judge be invited to testify at a hearing about trespassing? What did he say that was false? Who is the judge? ]

[ What was the protest? Who protested whom? Why was a judge testifying? What part of his testimony was false? Are there any witnesses who also observed the situation which resulted in that protest? Who suit sailing? 
+The judge?

+Your son?7. US Sailing continues to endorse lies and circumvented rules. They are now attempting to expedite my demise. 

[ How does  USSailing endorse lies. What are the lies? What rules in US  Sailing circumventing? How is USSailing participating in your demise? 
rephrasing: Who is operating in an official  USSailing capacity  as a representative of USSailing with respect to your jail time sentence? ]

I have no idea why I am still spending time trying to find out what happened.,

if you sincerely want help resolving your situation, please answer  

15 hours ago, Monkey said:

And “supposedly” he’s going to jail over an Opti race. That just doesn’t happen without all the other facts he won’t tell us. Then again, the muppet thinks the RRS will save him in a criminal case. Clearly not the brightest bulb. 

Last year an Opti dad had the po-po take him away after he threatened a coach he had paid to coach his kid. Turns out the coach was "coaching" the opti mom instead

• Like 1

Passion8 sent me an email. I am trying to be useful. 
My goal is to at least  encourage the two sides to attempt to communicate a little and maybe even find some resolution  that doesn’t involve cops. 

I still don’t know what started it and I am pretty certain everything after that has to do with what started it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

I still don’t know what started it and I am pretty certain everything after that has to do with what started it. 

Youre speakeng riddelles to me white manne.............     :)         

7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Youre speakeng riddelles to me white manne.............     :)         

Ok.. lousy sentence structure

i don’t know what started it

The Sailing center folks got really upset about something that they consider to be very very bad. 

For some reason, passion8 can’t communicate to us what exactly it is  that so thoroughly upset the sailing center folks. 

I am guessing:

The fact Passion8 doesn’t act like he knows what happened and why the sailing center folks  are upset makes the Sailing Center folks more upset.

guessing more:

The Sailing Center folks are convinced Passion8 knows EXACTLY why they are upset and see no reason to explain what they are convinced is already clearly understood 

I think everything  that has followed has to do with:

A. Sailing center, “People who do THAT have no business being around our sailing center.”

B. Passion8, “People who do what?? “

If I can find out what “THAT” is, I can communicate with Passion8 and find out:

a. Whether he understands why “THAT” is a bad thing.

b. Whether Passion8 admits to doing “THAT.”

c. Whether there can be an understanding reached between the sailing center guys and Passion8. 

I find it difficult to understand  how anybody could so thoroughly infuriate the management of a sailing center while having no idea his behavior would bother anybody.  
but it could happen.

I find it even more difficult to understand how anyone who is informed he had so thoroughly upset others would not be able to “think back on it,” and figure out which thing he did tripped the triggers. 

I find it very close to impossible to believe the offender couldn’t at least extract a sufficient set of hints to figure out what the offended folks think he did. 

but.... 

I cannot hope to diffuse the situation unless I can keep my mind open. 

##%%%%%%%%######

And , right this minute, I have nothing else that is similarly raising my curiosity 

1 minute ago, Gouvernail said:

And , right this minute, I have nothing else that is similarly raising my curiosity 

#meto                                :)

If he is saying he doesn’t know what he did that offended the Sailing Center I would say that he either has a reduced mental capacity or is refusing to share because of what he did.  It’s a BS story.

• Like 2

But I do have a little sample tube to paint for a company that builds parts for electrical transmission line installation equipment. 
if they like my work, we might get to paint a 30” tube or two every week. 
 I LOVE ❤️ steady little contract jobs. They pay for overhead 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, Monkey said:

Fuck! Don't use the 'M' word!

• Like 1

It does seem curious he claims to have no idea why the entry was denied.  It may have been the other thread  where passion8 made the comment regarding Emotional Abuse of a Child were the sailing center to attempt to discuss the entry denial with the child.  After a comment like that it is understandable the sailing center would tell them to never return or set foot on the property.  (I would not think anyone from the center would wish to discuss an issue with an eight year old in the first place)

Would the NOR contain a clause giving the Sailing Center the right to deny a entry just because?  Given the actions of the parent in this case I can understand why they want nothing to do with him.

This is going the same way as the couple of RQYS threads  ...feckin cryptic , long winded , legal arse covering and every bugger is weighing in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Fuck! Don't use the 'M' word!

I actually chose that for the intentional humor!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 44forty said:

This is going the same way as the couple of RQYS threads  ...feckin cryptic , long winded , legal arse covering and every bugger is weighing in.

Fuck I love this place.

Well it's obvious from all the detailed info in this thread, that the club in question is run by muppets - or indeed, the protest committee is infiltrated with muppets, or the OP is a muppet. And lets not forget the sentencing judge - muppet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

I find it even more difficult to understand how anyone who is informed he had so thoroughly upset others would not be able to “think back on it,” and figure out which thing he did tripped the triggers. 

I find it very close to impossible to believe the offender couldn’t at least extract a sufficient set of hints to figure out what the offended folks think he did. 

Doesn't this sound like sociopathic denial?  

We’ll get to the bottom of this soon. I spoke with Holly at the sailing center and she’s going to have the executive director Alex Jenkinson reach out to me personally with pertinent information about this matter.

They are preparing for a large regatta this weekend so he might be busy, but I’ll be sure to keep my phone close so we can get to the bottom of this-kind of like when I called Lia’s ex in France for his side of the story...haven’t heard much from her since!

27 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

We’ll get to the bottom of this soon. I spoke with Holly at the sailing center and she’s going to have the executive director Alex Jenkinson reach out to me personally with pertinent information about this matter.

They are preparing for a large regatta this weekend so he might be busy, but I’ll be sure to keep my phone close so we can get to the bottom of this-kind of like when I called Lia’s ex in France for his side of the story...haven’t heard much from her since!

That was a great thread. She's still out there, seeking the spotlight drama, but thankfully we are spared.

Reporting back on my brief investigations

It seems the folks operating the Sailing Center and @passion8 had some differences of opinion about how things ought to be done. 
Passion8 is probably an appropriate screen name as the fellow cares a lot about things. 
However, when that caring inspires Passion8 to be a tad overly insistent on a persistent manner, those who really want no further input from Passion8 can have difficulty with shutting off thst input.

At some point Passion8’s “help” became so bothersome to the sailing center folks, they quit asking and TOLD Passion8 to go away and stay gone. 

But he is still Passion8

I think what the judge said at the sentencing hearing makes the situation perfectly clear. 

“ THE COURT:  All right.  It was some time ago that I reviewed this, but I have reviewed the transcripts and now
listened to the argument here today and the testimony from witnesses here today.  Based on the totality of those
circumstances I will adjudicate the defendant guilty.
Sentence the defendant to one year probation.  A condition of
that probation is that -- well, there are multiple conditions.

First, is that he serve thirty days in the Martin County Jail.
That second condition is that he have no contact with the U.S.Sailing Center, any of the folks who testified at the trial or Mr. /———-  who testified here today. I don’t recall who testified at the trial and any of the employees. He’s not to come within five hundred feet of the U.S. Sailing Center.
He’s not to communicate with them in any way directly or indirectly. He’s not to text them. He’s not to email them.
He’s not to call there. He’s not to have any communication.
(He’s) Not to stand five hundred and one feet away and yell at them.
 He’s not to have any communication with them whatsoever.

He’s not to ask someone to reach out on his behalf.
No communication directly or indirectly. Again, this applies to you, sir, it doesn’t apply to your (son) as far as the
use of the center, apparently your son is welcome there.

But
please don’t put your son or me or them in a situation where you send him in there with some kind of message.  This is your situation, not his.  You’re not to have any contact whatsoever. “

I hope Passion8 can wind himself loose from whatever personal obligation he still feels that is still forcing him to object. 

I found a lot more information but I do not feel anyone would benefit by my further publication 

Best of luck passion8

If a Judge has to be that forceful and specific, Passion8 is far from it.  He has severe enough issues that the Judge feels it necessary to specify in no uncertain terms that he has crossed a line (still to be determined/shown) and those on the Sailing Center side need protection.

I never heard back from the sailing center myself.

Case closed. Guilty as charged

Farkin...he definitely 8 his passion 

if only the RQYS threads were this short and sweet 

14 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

He’s not to ask someone to reach out on his behalf.

I'd bet he's on the brink of violating probation by his original post. How in the world does somebody get so worked up arguing about their kid's sailing that they go to jail for 30 days? :wacko:

Passion8 needs a Section8

On 12/2/2020 at 9:37 PM, Little Wood Boats said:

Would the NOR contain a clause giving the Sailing Center the right to deny a entry just because?

If it's an invitational, then the invitation can be revoked. in our club, we've had language that we can deny entry to any boat for any reason that isn't a protected class reason (race, religion, gender, etc.), and that our only obligation is to provide a written reason upon request.

1 minute ago, Gouvernail said:

I have been competing and living around the sailboat racing scene since 1958.  I have never before heard of anyone being asked to leave, stay gone, and never come back. 

Every piece of information led to the same general description of Passion8’s interaction with the Sailing Center:

Efforts to interact in an acceptable  manner failed so miserably the help of police and courts was necessary. 

Everything about sailing is supposed to contribute to life’s pleasure. 
Learning what I have learned certainly did not make me happier than if I hadn’t. 

In the words of Jed Clampett, "Piteeful, piteeful, piteeful!"

21 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

I have been competing and living around the sailboat racing scene since 1958.  I have never before heard of anyone being asked to leave, stay gone, and never come back. 

Every piece of information led to the same general description of Passion8’s interaction with the Sailing Center:

Efforts to interact in an acceptable  manner failed so miserably the help of police and courts was necessary. 

Everything about sailing is supposed to contribute to life’s pleasure. 
Learning what I have learned certainly did not make me happier than if I hadn’t. 

Sadly, this is what Opti parents have become. Although usually harmless, most of us can think back and come up with days we’ve regretted our behavior. It’s usually after a few too many post race drinks. Yet, we still get to race. It takes a LOT to get to the equivalent of a restraining order. I wish Passion8 the best of luck while doing his time, but he isn’t what we need in sailing. 

20 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

The way I read the judge’ remarks, any of us contacting the sailing center could cause Passion8 to be in more trouble.

I don’t wish him bad. I also emphasized that I was not contacting them in any way on his behalf. They may just want to forget it and I don’t expect a response.

10 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

They may just want to forget it and I don’t expect a response.

So you bumpte a 'threade' they wantned you to ignore?

6 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Mea culpa

Although you very well have made things worse for him, it’s not your fault. He hid facts and openly encouraged it. 

Edit:  I accidentally did the same thing to my brother. Thankfully the parole board realized that my completely random apology to the cop wasn’t some nefarious plot. 

11 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Mea culpa

No sweat, it's fucking anarchy!

I dunno why Snaggy is busting your balls... to keep in practice maybe. Or maybe he sees you have a higher potential.

Nah, he's just busting your balls for fun. Anarchy like I said!

- DSK

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Nah, he's just busting your balls for fun. Anarchy like I said!

Yup, ist juste licke that...............                     :)

5 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Wonder if he is dead yet or maybe on a ventilator.  

WTF Fred?   Realley WYF?

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

WTF Fred?   Realley WYF?

I suppose that  came off as mean rather than funny playful mocking of  his unwarranted fears. 

sorrey

Just now, Gouvernail said:
4 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

WTF Fred?   Realley WYF?

I suppose that  came off as mean rather than funny playful mocking of  his unwarranted fears. 

sorrey

NP, I no you notte licke that......         :)

You da'man!          

But  am curious about whether he did his jail time and hopeful he can live the rest  his life without ever getting himself into another similar situation