Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeT415

Finn dinghy help

Hi all,

I am the current owner of Finn GBR 69, the boat is in lovely condition and is a boat of good pedigree, I have documents from all of her previous owners and registrations including the original owner Luca Devoti who modifeid the original Vanguard hull as a prototype for his original Devoti hull moulds. However, The mast fitting on the deck is buggered (my fault) and I dont have the funds or expertise to fix it or buy a new one - she has a rather buggered carbon mast and a good needlespar red tip aluminum one and three sails - one for training, one for club racing and one for competition and has been re roped very recently. My problem is that I'm buggered if I know how much to ask for her and was hoping some of you with more intelligence could evaluate what i've said and give me a rough estimate? many thanks for the help and please remove if not allowed.

GeorgeT415

There's a massive Finn Community out there that's easy to contact...not sure what you're doing here?

It’s worth what a willing buyer will pay for it, not a penny more!

Vanguard, classic with carbon(ish), in need of repair £750-1250 I would say, probably towards the lower end. It's a bit hard to figure out because there aren't a lot of Vanguards being bought and sold in the UK so there isn't a lot of data to go with. Trolley/Trailer will make a difference too.

• Like 1