Sign in to follow this  
billy backstay

iPhone 8 won't find bluetooth pairs?

Received a used iPhone from Son-in-law who had just upgraded. ATT store moved SIM card from my old 5S into the 8, and everything works same as old phone except, when I turn on bluetooth, it searches but does not pair with car or truck?  Cannot find way to search and pair???

The new-to-you phone does need to be paired specifically, just as any "new" phone would have to be paired. It's a different MAC address, so your vehicles, headsets, etc have to learn how to interface with a host all over again.

Not real familiar with iProducts'  BT pairing though generally, you have to put it in a mood to search for devices & then pick them from the air.

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Received a used iPhone from Son-in-law who had just upgraded. ATT store moved SIM card from my old 5S into the 8, and everything works same as old phone except, when I turn on bluetooth, it searches but does not pair with car or truck?  Cannot find way to search and pair???

look under the bluetooth settings on car menu, delete all the old bluetooth...  check your manual for instructions for pairing..  newer cars just synch up, older shit it's a pia

I am still using a 6+ which is IOS 14.2 and it works on everything thing new and old like 2019 GM Radio 

I had issues at times with various IOS updates where is your phone as 14.2 is working good 

You only get one screen when you push Bluetooth in settings so not much user can do wrong other than not pushing Bluetooth in settings and making sure slide button is green 

83621BB2-5403-46CF-8F95-FAD30D7E5C39.png

2 hours ago, tommays said:

You only get one screen when you push Bluetooth in settings so not much user can do wrong other than not pushing Bluetooth in settings and making sure slide button is green 

settings as in the car system...

i have bluetooth in a 2011 lexus, only connects phone not music...  nobody , at least in the car industry, thought that you'd be storing music on your phone

There is normally a setting on your cars audio menu which allows the device to be discoverable, once you have activated this is will show up below the list if items in your Bluetooth menu as ‘now discoverable‘. If you click on it it should connect, there might be a pass key that you need to enter first , that will either be displayed on your radio or should be in the owners manual, otherwise you might have to google it.

4 hours ago, Major Tom said:

There is normally a setting on your cars audio menu which allows the device to be discoverable, once you have activated this is will show up below the list if items in your Bluetooth menu as ‘now discoverable‘. If you click on it it should connect, there might be a pass key that you need to enter first , that will either be displayed on your radio or should be in the owners manual, otherwise you might have to google it.

Tried that yesterday, no soap.  I guess I will have to call or visit the Apple Genius Bar....

3 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Tried that yesterday, no soap.  I guess I will have to call or visit the Apple Genius Bar....

oh, they're going to have fun with you...   make sure the store is open before you head over..

Just watching the end of the Bahrain GP, and my phone is asking me to pair with our new Samsung 43 inch flat screen smart TV?   I have no use for the Smart functions, just bought it for the 1080 dpi screen picture, and quality name brand, and never asked it to pair with my phone?   I am off work until next Monday 12/7, so will have time this week to square away all of these niggling problems, I hope??

The TV thing should let you play anything on the phone on the TV IN HD on the TVs connection and this is generally a much faster way to search 

1 hour ago, tommays said:

The TV thing should let you play anything on the phone on the TV IN HD on the TVs connection and this is generally a much faster way to search 

I only use the phone for voice, text and an occasional web search, or weather or tide check.  Can't be arsed to deal with the tiny screen and tiny touchpad, for more than that, so my 15" HP laptop is always near at hand, wherever I go...