Sign in to follow this  
Saorsa

"America is back at the head of the table"

Pity your source can't even proof read the first line.

Anyway, we don't expect America to be humble, we just expect it to behave.

46 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well, the source was the Boston NPR station.  But, we aren't supposed to criticize them since they are non-profit and are guaranteed to speak the truth.

So, which incursion into some undisclosed MENA country will you be supporting?

Operation Okra?  What a name.

So, President-Elect Biden says something along the lines of "Make America Great Again", and Saorsa is there to criticize.

Get ready for 4 years of this.

For the record, I am opposed to the swinging dick rhetoric of politicians.  Just STFU and get to work.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Success is a mindset.  If we don't set out to be the best - if we don't set a goal to lead from the front - then we've lost before we started.

This is VERY different than Trump's "America First" and fuck everyone else.  This is 'We'll do it better, we'll figure it out, and we'll help you get there to."

I don't expect you to understand it though.  It's a 'let's do it' versus a 'I've got mine and fuck you' mindset.

53 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

The source is a well known and highly respected news outlet.  Doesn't mean their right, but gotta give 'em their due.

33 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Success is a mindset.  If we don't set out to be the best - if we don't set a goal to lead from the front - then we've lost before we started.

This is VERY different than Trump's "America First" and fuck everyone else.  This is 'We'll do it better, we'll figure it out, and we'll help you get there to."

I don't expect you to understand it though.  It's a 'let's do it' versus a 'I've got mine and fuck you' mindset.

So we will follow Russia wherever they want to go?

Continue dumping billions into defense so Europe doesn't need to?

2 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

How on earth did you get that from what I typed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:
4 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

He didn't

That's the strawman he wanted to attack

- DSK

I work for a large, multinational engineering and construction company.  I work with a lot of Americans and regularly work in the US.  

From now on, every time I am with a bunch of Americans I will have to acknowledge that probably half of the ones I am dealing with a Trumpeters.  

36 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

That was the status quo the last time Biden was in office.

48 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Huh.  I don't remember doing what Russia wanted under president Biden.  Oh, right.  He wasn't president.  But if you want to suggest that he was still partly responsible, then please provide some evidence of the US doing what Russia wanted during that time.  And you better be screaming about the Republicans too.  In fact, it was Trump who never followed up on Obama's threats of consequences.

Top Obama administration officials issued repeated warnings to Russia to stop their interference in the US election. Obama said he himself told Russian President Vladimir Putin in September 2016 "to cut it out," vowing "serious consequences" if he did not.

In October 2016, the US Intelligence Community issued a statement that it was "confident" that the Russian government was behind the the theft and dissemination of Democratic officials' emails.
Obama administration officials sought support from bipartisan congressional leaders to send a letter to state governors to urge shoring up of their defenses of election infrastructure. But, as reported by CNN in August 2017, they were rebuffed by Republican leaders, who viewed the request as partisan, according to current and former officials briefed on the discussions.

And Defense spending?

DoD_Budget_Authority_2015.jpg?1426006306

9 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Your chart is missing the last four years

Not missing, so much as I didn't see it right away.  And really, the discussion isn't about Trump.  It's about Saorsa forgetting Trump exists and claiming that Obama/Biden were Russian stooges.  Everyone knew this would happen with regards to simply pretending Trump didn't exist.

_114280936_v2optimised-us_military-nc.pn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

Not missing, so much as I didn't see it right away.  And really, the discussion isn't about Trump.  It's about Saorsa forgetting Trump exists and claiming that Obama/Biden were Russian stooges.  Everyone knew this would happen with regards to simply pretending Trump didn't exist.

Well, remember what Trump claimed:

"When I took office, the army was OUT OF BULLETS!" 

and

"Nobody is tougher on Russia than me!"

This is where he's coming from. Facts are irrelevant to Saorsa and his Yay-Trump! elk

- DSK

3 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Please let someone else sit at the "head of the table". I'm okay with that. 

1 hour ago, Venom said:

I remember Al Haig getting in trouble with "I'm in charge here".  But, he had an R after his name.

12 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I remember Al Haig getting in trouble with "I'm in charge here".  But, he had an R after his name.

He was also full of shit regarding what he was claiming.

50 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

No shit, Sherlock. 

4 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Worked for your orange messiah - why stop now?

3 hours ago, Venom said:

China?

They're the alternative.

25 minutes ago, Venom said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:
1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

No shit, Sherlock. 

Thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Facts are irrelevant to Saorsa and his Yay-Trump! elk

- DSK

Facts are just lefty bullshit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Why not go back in this forum when the Syria situation was evolving.  Trump wasn't even on the scene.  My view was the same at the time.  The children were being played like a cheap fiddle.

You might also go back and read what I wrote.  I was talking about the Billions spent in Europe.

Well, let's just wait and see.

Number one: The rest of the world needs to see an orderly transition of power. Biden needs to be inaugurated, Trump needs to leave.

Number two: Then cut the crap. Return international politics to a sane and adult level. Twitter has no embassy in any country.

Number three: Put the hammer down. Trump and everyone involved with him need to face to power of law and order. Pun totally intended.

Number four: Handle the Covid fuck up. Pragmatism, science, discipline. When you are done, donate some help to poorer countries.

Number five: It's more or less a restart from here. The situation is quite bizarre, but as powerful as the USA was and mostly is, as far as "Heading the world" is concerned, you are on probation. And you will have to accept some cuts and losses in financial, political and cultural influences. This would be the best case scenario.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Trump raised defense spending by a whole hell of a lot. And saved some millions going to Europe while pissing off those allies. Who's following Russia?

26 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Trump raised defense spending by a whole hell of a lot. And saved some millions going to Europe while pissing off those allies. Who's following Russia?

Really?  Like the Pandemic supplies, Obama expended our stockpiles.  Recent spending has been on them. You might also note the use of the DOD in establishing field hospitals, quarantine facilities, returning US Citizens from Wuhan early in the Pandemic and developing and implementing the logistics for delivery of the recently developed COVID Vaccines.

It isn't all about regime change and removal of WMD from Syria.

Tell me where Trump increased defense activities and involvement rather than current spending levels and you might have a point.

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Why not go back in this forum when the Syria situation was evolving.  Trump wasn't even on the scene.  My view was the same at the time.  The children were being played like a cheap fiddle.

You might also go back and read what I wrote.  I was talking about the Billions spent in Europe.

Do you have some sort of unique breakdown showing US total defense moneys spent only in the Euro theatre?

Are you suggesting that somehow Obama CUT defense spending, but didn't cut it in Europe, while Trump RAISED defense spending, but didn't raise it in Europe?

4 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Really?  Like the Pandemic supplies, Obama expended our stockpiles.  Recent spending has been on them. You might also note the use of the DOD in establishing field hospitals, quarantine facilities, returning US Citizens from Wuhan early in the Pandemic and developing and implementing the logistics for delivery of the recently developed COVID Vaccines.

It isn't all about regime change and removal of WMD from Syria.

Tell me where Trump increased defense activities and involvement rather than current spending levels and you might have a point.

You are blind, and all you want to talk about is Obama.

Why not ask Why Trump didn't replenish them in 2017, 2018, and 2019, Hmmm?   Not fit your narrative?  Recent spending?  You mean in 2020?  Congratulations.  Talk about hindsight.

Drink the koolaid.

• Like 2

This Saorsa persona and reality really have filed for divorce, have they not?

Hint: Trump has failed and subsequently lost the election. No need to keep cupping his scrotum with your hand. Get over it.

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

So, President-Elect Biden says something along the lines of "Make America Great Again", and Saorsa is there to criticize.

Get ready for 4 years of this.

For the record, I am opposed to the swinging dick rhetoric of politicians.  Just STFU and get to work.

Yep.  I would think his time would be better spent planning his months long cruise.  

And while I don't expect any POTUS to be perfect and free from criticism, at least let him get in the job first before you start throwing spears.  I don't expect Biden is going to make me happy all the time and I'm sure there will be legitimate points of criticism when he does something I don't agree with. 

But once he's sworn in, he will be the President of ALL of us.  Not just the people who voted for him.  I will support him until such time that he does something so egregious that he no longer deserves that support.  And I'm not expecting that to happen.  Just having a different letter behind his name than the one you wished for doesn't make him any less your president.  And YES I'm looking at BOTH sides of the aisle here in PA - you know who you are.  

7 hours ago, Grrr... said:
7 hours ago, Saorsa said:

He used the special skill that some folks like @Steam Flyer have.  It's called "making shit up".  The other common term for that is lying.  

1 hour ago, pusslicker said:

Never learned how to read a bar graph I see.

image.thumb.png.ce567930df34e3b02781201d5ec074df.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grog said:

This Saorsa persona and reality really have filed for divorce, have they not?

Hint: Trump has failed and subsequently lost the election. No need to keep cupping his scrotum with your hand. Get over it.

Filed?

They were divorced years ago.

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Facts are irrelevant to Saorsa and his Yay-Trump! elk like me, #SteamLiar.

FIFY

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:
9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Facts are irrelevant to Saorsa and his Yay-Trump! elk like me, #SteamLiar.

FIFY

Poor little snowflake... it's so-o unfair!

- DSK