Sign in to follow this  
roundthebuoys

Pardon Anarchy

It now needs it's own thread.  He's now discussing "blanket" pardoning himself, Ivanka, Jared, Giuliani, Don Jr and Erik.  I need some serious lawyering here.  Can you just pardon everything past, present and future with no charges of anything (yet)???  Someone here brilliantly asked can you blanket pardon yourself and then go rob banks for the rest of your life?  What the actual fucking banana republic are we living in?

• Like 1

Trump can’t afford to bribe himself for a pardon.    We know he won’t do anything for free.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lark said:

Trump can’t afford to bribe himself.

Sure he can, he can borrow it from DoucheBank.

Updated 9:17 PM EST December 1, 2020

The Justice Department is investigating a potential crime related to funneling money to the White House or related political committee in exchange for a presidential pardon, according to court records unsealed Tuesday in federal court

per CNN and CNBC

That one has a thred, but that's where it starts.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/528290-trump-has-discussed-possible-pardons-for-three-eldest-children 

53 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

It now needs it's own thread.  He's now discussing "blanket" pardoning himself, Ivanka, Jared, Giuliani, Don Jr and Erik.  I need some serious lawyering here.  Can you just pardon everything past, present and future with no charges of anything (yet)???  Someone here brilliantly asked can you blanket pardon yourself and then go rob banks for the rest of your life?  What the actual fucking banana republic are we living in?

I would have thought that pardons applied to convictions, Flynn e.g.

Pretty hard to pardon something that is not yet alleged, let alone convicted.  Must be plenty of shit yet to surface, too late to pardon on.

Just now, roundthebuoys said:

Yea, I found it and tried to cover up my mistake with an edit.   Head hanging low.   

Just now, Lark said:

Yea, I found it and tried to cover up my mistake with an edit.   Head hanging low.   

Lol.  All good.

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Lol.  All good.

I got preoccupied with a little boating mishap in the South Pacific and fell behind in my Republican Bribery Schemes digest.   

• Like 1

I got preoccupied with a little boating mishap in the South Pacific and fell behind in my Republican Bribery Schemes digest.   

Now you're just bragging.

While he's at it. Can I get one too? Also asking for parents of a friend who gave alcohol to me in the US when I was under 21.

Thanks in advance, Donnie!

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

There has been a lot of discussion about a president being able to "pre-pardon" himself.  From what I've read, there is no precedent for this and so the law is not clear.  But there seems to be some legal scholars who believe the president cannot do this.

As always, in untried cases, the courts must decide.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

There has been a lot of discussion about a president being able to "pre-pardon" himself.  From what I've read, there is no precedent for this and so the law is not clear.  But there seems to be some legal scholars who believe the president cannot do this.

If a president can pre-pardon himself, then the current President can unpardon him. I can't see any sane Justice thinking this would be OK.

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

If a president can pre-pardon himself, then the current President can unpardon him. I can't see any sane Justice thinking this would be OK.

"Sane Justice" ugh.

'pardons', jfc..fuck that shit, put boots on their necks, break their fkn' asses.

6 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

'pardons', jfc..fuck that shit, put boots on their necks, break their asses.

You have to leave at least one of them alive, and let him go to tell the story to the others.

- DSK

I thought that accepting a pardon meant you had to declare guilt? 

Hard to do that when there is no charge. 

So....no you can't?

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

You have to leave at least one of them alive, and let him go to tell the story to the others.

- DSK

you can get your ass broke and still draw breath.

We're going to need a ruling on whether these allegations can be considered a "lack of political finesse", and are, therefore, "refreshing".

Just now, Bus Driver said:

We're going to need a ruling on whether these allegations can be considered a "lack of political finesse", and are, therefore, "refreshing".

Hopefully a 9-0 ruling ending in "Go to fucking jail!"

Just now, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Where is the Chattanooga Cho-Cho when you need it?

"Pardon me, Roy, Is that the cat who chewed your new shoes?"  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

My Dad absolutely LOVED to tell that joke.

Thanks for the smile.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

My Dad absolutely LOVED to tell that joke.

Thanks for the smile.

So did TedTurner.  Your Dad was in good (or bad, depending) company.

1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

So did TedTurner.  Your Dad was in good (or bad, depending) company.

I was fortunate to hitch a ride on Tenacious for a tuning session one windy day back in the late 70s.  They were in Annapolis for the Fall Series.

Ted was hilarious in his criticisms of the sailing skills of various crewmembers, often wondering if their parents were married, or not.  It was non-stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

I thought that accepting a pardon meant you had to declare guilt? 

Hard to do that when there is no charge. 

So....no you can't?

Let Trump pre pardon himself, his family and the rest of his gangster cabal. He would be admitting guilt, so Trump should then be investigated, tried and convicted. Then worry about the pardon. At least Trumpalos will be made aware of the extent of the shitfuckery from the shitbag they blindly, dumbly supported.

Whether they accept that reality is another matter.

2 hours ago, Lark said:

Think you'll find that was Southern Ocean not South Pacific.......South Pacific is generally lots warmer almost civilised........

22 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Think you'll find that was Southern Ocean not South Pacific.......South Pacific is generally lots warmer almost civilised........

Except the flora, fauna, and inhabitants want to kill and/or eat you.

28 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Except the flora, fauna, and inhabitants want to kill and/or eat you.

Oh look its a glow in the dark canadian...ummm I thought all of the nuclear testing was done 30-40 years ago, and suddenly global warmings to blame...., reah right.

2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

very old joke.

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

very old joke.

That's like saying the Mona Lisa is a very old painting.......

No doubt the Trump 2024 campaign will start hitting up the faithful for donations to fix the pardons for the World's Greatest ex-President, his loving family, and his faithful hunchback servant Rudy. (He's pretty fucking useless, but he's the last registered breathing lawyer who'll work for Trump.) 

The donations are needed because Trump Presidential pardons aren't cheap or free.  

Donnie has got people giving him money for losing and now the most loyal have to donate because they don’t want to go down for doing Donnie’s dirty work?

The grift keeps on grifting,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Oh look its a glow in the dark canadian...ummm I thought all of the nuclear testing was done 30-40 years ago, and suddenly global warmings to blame...., reah right.

Huh?

This is just more crazy shit from the more corrupt administration ever.  Any more guesses on who it is?  Brody is definitely the kind of scum who would try to turn his riches into a pardon.

(please ignore the troll, he's just deflecting from real conversation)

18 hours ago, Jules said:

Barr has made a career out of this.  That is why it is so scary.  He has wanted to get this in front of the supremes since he was in diapers.  

From Wiki, the guy is a nutball, but he is fulfilling his lifelong dream.  

Barr is a longtime proponent of the unitary executive theory of nearly unfettered presidential authority over the executive branch of the U.S. government.[1][2][3] In 1989, Barr, as the head of the OLC, justified the U.S. invasion of Panama to arrest Manuel Noriega. As deputy attorney general, Barr authorized an FBI operation in 1991 which freed hostages at the Talladega federal prison. An influential advocate for tougher criminal justice policies, Barr as attorney general in 1992 authored the report The Case for More Incarceration, where he argued for an increase in the United States incarceration rate.[4] Under Barr's advice, President George H. W. Bush in 1992 pardoned six officials involved in the Iran–Contra affair.

The unitary executive theory is a theory of United States constitutional law which holds that the President of the United States possesses the power to control the entire executive branch. The doctrine is rooted in Article Two of the United States Constitution, which vests "the executive power" of the United States in the President. Although that general principle is widely accepted, there is disagreement about the strength and scope of the doctrine.[1] It can be said that some favor a "strongly unitary" executive, while others favor a "weakly unitary" executive. The former group argue, for example, that Congress's power to interfere with intra-executive decision-making (such as firing executive branch officials) is limited, and that the President can control policy-making by all executive agencies within the limits set for those agencies by Congress. Still others agree that the Constitution requires a unitary executive, but believe this to be harmful, and propose its abolition by constitutional amendment.[2] Plural executives exist in several states where, in contrast to the federal government, executive officers such as lieutenant governor, attorney general, comptroller, secretary of state, and others, are elected independently of the state's governor. The Executive Branch of the Texan state government is a textbook example of this type of executive structure. Another type of plural executive, used in Japan, Israel, and Sweden, though not in any US state, is one in which a collegial body composes the executive branch – however, that collegial body does not comprise multiple members elected in elections, but is rather more akin to the US Cabinet or UK Cabinet in formation and structure.

17 hours ago, 3to1 said:

'pardons', jfc..fuck that shit, put boots on their necks, break their fkn' asses.

They’re not black men pleading for air 

31 minutes ago, dacapo said:

They’re not black men pleading for air 

They could be hung like black men.... but just one  time...

17 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Let Trump pre pardon himself, his family and the rest of his gangster cabal. He would be admitting guilt, so Trump should then be investigated, tried and convicted. Then worry about the pardon.

They should have him and his family each fill out a pre-application to see if they qualify for a pre-pardon. 

Please answer the following:

1. Have you ever committed a crime?
  2. If so, please list, as specifically as you can, all the crimes you think you committed.  (Use the back of the page or use blank pages if you need extra space.)

If you haven't committed any crimes, you do not qualify for a pre-pardon.  However you can resubmit your application after admitting your crimes or committing new crimes.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

They should have him and his family each fill out a pre-application to see if they qualify for a pre-pardon. 

2. If so, please list, as specifically as you can, all the crimes you think you committed.  (Use the back of the page or use blank pages if you need extra space.)

If you haven't committed any crimes, you do not qualify for a pre-pardon.  However you can resubmit your application after admitting your crimes or committing new crimes.

And you need a pardon for each crime?

2 minutes ago, Sidecar said:
19 minutes ago, Jules said:

Do they come in booklets of 20?

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:
2 hours ago, Sidecar said:
2 hours ago, Jules said:

Do they come in booklets of 20?

You get a special discount for orders of over 20 pardons.......

51 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

You get a special discount for orders of over 20 pardons.......

And a Genuine Trump Pardon Commemorative Coin!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's actually not a "coin".... It's a custom turned wooden butt plug.

5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:
15 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's actually not a "coin".... It's a custom turned wooden butt plug.

Plus, a discount coupon for a Ridgeline

- DSK

Will the Trump President For Life SuperGriftFund start selling pardons to anybody for big donations?

Your enormous meth lab just got busted? $150K will get you a gen-u-wine presidential pardon and Made-in-China MAGA cap.  We have a special on murders, only $500K and your troubles go away. 

He needs a shitload of money for those loan payments due next year.

4 hours ago, Happy said:

Will the Trump President For Life SuperGriftFund start selling pardons to anybody for big donations?

Your enormous meth lab just got busted? $150K will get you a gen-u-wine presidential pardon and Made-in-China MAGA cap.  We have a special on murders, only $500K and your troubles go away. 

He needs a shitload of money for those loan payments due next year.

While a seemingly novel idea for the aspiring grifter, it's already in Trump's upcoming book - 101 Ways To Sucker The Losers.

There are reports a rash of calls have been coming into the White House asking for pardons.  One of them allegedly came from Joe Exotic.

Just now, Jules said:

There are reports a rash of calls have been coming into the White House asking for pardons.  One of them allegedly came from Joe Exotic.

Who also allegedly spent $10K at Trump's Washington hotel to show he was serious.

He should know better, pardons cost at least a mil. 

Just now, Ishmael said:

Who also allegedly spent $10K at Trump's Washington hotel to show he was serious.

Calling the White House?  How gauche.  Please contact Acting Pardon Administrator Rod Blagojevich for terms. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I wonder how all this is affecting the futures markets for indulgences . . 

5 hours ago, Jules said:

While a seemingly novel idea for the aspiring grifter, it's already in Trump's upcoming book - 101 Ways To Sucker The Losers.

Not a novel idea at all......Popes were doing this back in the middle ages. It was one of the main reasons for the creation of Protestant churches. They protested against it.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

No way does he get a pardon with that head of hair.  Bad form to upstage the dead marmot sitting on top of the pRez.

I've been sending him 10 bucks a week since that time in 2017 that I only did one turn after a foul when I should have done 2.

I'm sure my pardon is pending.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

How did he do that??

20 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:
3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

How did he do that??

How much for a pack of gum?

$10,000.00

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

How much for a pack of gum?

$10,000.00

I mean he's been in prison, how did he spend money there for a pardon??

3 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

I mean he's been in prison, how did he spend money there for a pardon??

Trump sent a messenger.  Any time someone offers Trump money, it's going to get picked up, no matter what.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Trump sent a messenger.  Any time someone offers Trump money, it's going to get picked up, no matter what.

True.  Maybe Ivanka sent a bellhop from DC to San Antonio to sell him a MAGA bathrobe for $10,000.